IGNORED

Truck off: convoys, coups and protests

Ozlsn

image.png.4a68999d8429549417c37eea463e8513.png

I'm putting the rest of this under a spoiler because of content. Santa has decided to let a convicted child molester join his group after the previous convoy kicked him out. :angry-cussingblack:

Spoiler

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

image.png.4a68999d8429549417c37eea463e8513.png

I'm putting the rest of this under a spoiler because of content. Santa has decided to let a convicted child molester join his group after the previous convoy kicked him out. :angry-cussingblack:

Hide contents

Only the best people...

• I Agree 7

I hate to tell him, July 4th in DC has a huge police presence and many roads in the downtown area are closed for one or more days. There's also precious little parking nearby. They even close some of the close in Metro stations to help with crowd control. You also can't take just anything into the secured zones. Weapons are strictly prohibited. I'd imagine that would be a non-starter for these morons.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

17 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I'd imagine that would be a non-starter for these morons.

Tying shoes is a non-starter for these morons. 

• Upvote 5

Today in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho:

From earlier:

Spoiler

• Thank You 8

An update to my last comment:

Police: 31 members of Patriot Front group arrested in Coeur d’Alene

COEUR D’ALENE, ID. — Thirty-one people affiliated with the white nationalist group “Patriot Front” were arrested in downtown Coeur d’Alene Saturday.

Coeur d’Alene Police Chief Lee White said all 31 people are being charged with conspiracy to riot, which is a misdemeanor charge in Idaho. Police believe they were headed to riot at the Pride Festival.

White said they were alerted to the group thanks to an alert citizen who “saw something” and reported it. He said they developed probable cause to arrest those involved based on the gear they had. He said they were equipped with shields and other riot gear.

Police are still working to book all of those involved into jail but said those arrested traveled to North Idaho from Texas, Utah, Colorado, South Dakota, Illinois, Arkansas, Wyoming, Washington, Oregon and Virginia. One person was from Idaho.

White said they were all in matching khakis, shirts and hats, some of which had Patriot Front insignias on them.

The Coeur d’Alene Police Department worked with the Kootenai County Sheriff’s Office and FBI to make the arrests. Despite a nearly full jail, Kootenai County Sheriff Robert Norris said they will “find the room for these 31 people.”

Those arrested will make their first appearance in court on Monday.

Two other people were arrested at the Pride i the Park event; one for trespassing and another for disorderly conduct.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

I saw that it was said these Patriot Front people were “arrested and unmasked.”  If their identities weren’t known before, it’s good they’ll be on somebody’s radar.  I’m glad they were stopped before harm came to the folks celebrating Pride month.  :gay-rainbowflag:

• Upvote 10

Thank goodness someone ‘saw something’ and reported it. Who knows what carnage would have ensued if they hadn’t…

By the way, these (attempts at) violence are what you get when allowing a political party to freely and without consequence whip up hatred in one’s country. Aren’t there laws against that? And if so, why isn’t anyone enforcing them?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

6 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Thank goodness someone ‘saw something’ and reported it. Who knows what carnage would have ensued if they hadn’t…

By the way, these (attempts at) violence are what you get when allowing a political party to freely and without consequence whip up hatred in one’s country. Aren’t there laws against that? And if so, why isn’t anyone enforcing them?

Nope.  It's all "freedom of speech" here and they get to whip up all the hate they want.  There used to be enough sane people in the country to eventually shame hate groups and consign them to the fringes.  Trump brought it out front and center and it will be hard to put this particular genie back in the bottle.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Xan said:

Nope.  It's all "freedom of speech" here and they get to whip up all the hate they want.  There used to be enough sane people in the country to eventually shame hate groups and consign them to the fringes.  Trump brought it out front and center and it will be hard to put this particular genie back in the bottle.

We have a freedom of speech clause in our constitution as well, anyone can say anything about anyone... with the exception of inciting hatred. 

Not long ago one of our (far rightwing) politicians was even indicted for hate speech. Maybe the US could learn something from other countries, instead of pounding their chests for being the 'best' country in the world...

• Upvote 7

34 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

We have a freedom of speech clause in our constitution as well, anyone can say anything about anyone... with the exception of inciting hatred. 

Not long ago one of our (far rightwing) politicians was even indicted for hate speech. Maybe the US could learn something from other countries, instead of pounding their chests for being the 'best' country in the world...

I'm in the US and am not pounding my chest, along with many others.  There's good and bad here.  We've been having an especially rough spell - it's scary and can be demoralizing - but we managed to get a new president elected and there are people out in masses this weekend fighting for better gun laws.  Why are you generalizing the people who make up this country to the point where you're making the accusation above?  Could you perhaps be more specific?  Sorry I'm a bit triggered.

In your country, where is the line drawn between freedom of speech and incitement, and how is it enforced?  I agree we could be doing better with that here.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I'm in the US and am not pounding my chest, along with many others.  There's good and bad here.  We've been having an especially rough spell - it's scary and can be demoralizing - but we managed to get a new president elected and there are people out in masses this weekend fighting for better gun laws.  Why are you generalizing the people who make up this country to the point where you're making the accusation above?  Could you perhaps be more specific?  Sorry I'm a bit triggered.

In your country, where is the line drawn between freedom of speech and incitement, and how is it enforced?  I agree we could be doing better with that here.

Oh, don’t take what I said personally! Maybe I should have worded that better. What I was alluding to is the stereotypical “Americans” abroad, boasting that everything is bigger and better in the US. I certainly don’t think any of you on this forum thinks that way.

The line is drawn when while communicating with others you incite hatred, division and/or violence. Anyone can bring charges against another person, and if these charges are found to have merit, an indictment follows. A court of law then decides if it was indeed hate speech. But, IANAL, and my explanation is purely based on my simplistic understanding of the law.

• Upvote 6