IGNORED

Truck off: convoys, coups and protests

Ozlsn

Wait - there's a new Jon McNaughton  . . . um . . . thing?

I must go check this out.

ETA -  I got distracted by some truly heinous paintings I hadn't seen since the last time I checked his website. And the link to the Underground Railroad painting didn't work, so it took a while to find it.

For McNaughton, it's not too bad. Which means it's just bad, not incredibly heinous.

It's full-on White Savior shit, with the Ballards carrying children while figures from the original Underground Railroad look on from one side, and contemporary figures that are a mix of people he admires and the usual bunch of "everyman" and "everywoman" figures from the other.

Considering that it's McNaughton, I'm just glad he didn't depict Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, and other Democrats  running after them with torches, trying to pull the children back into sex trafficking.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

31 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Wait - there's a new Jon McNaughton  . . . um . . . thing?

I must go check this out.

Spoiler

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, thoughtful said:

t's full-on White Savior shit, with the Ballards carrying children while figures from the original Underground Railroad look on from one side, and contemporary figures that are a mix of people he admires and the usual bunch of "everyman" and "everywoman" figures from the other.

Considering that it's McNaughton, I'm just glad he didn't depict Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, and other Democrats  running after them with torches, trying to pull the children back into sex trafficking.

This just reminds me of old Russian propaganda posters.  It's total BS.  I loathe McNaughton because images are powerful and there are just enough rightwingers around to keep the images circulating.

• I Agree 7

@thoughtful- Oh my, keep them coming!  I confess a fascination with McNaughton in ways he never intended.  I thoroughly enjoy picking them apart.  @Xan I don't circulate the images other than among my group of friends who also share my passion for finding the ludicrous points in his pictures but your point is well taken.  He's truly a moron and it's a big shame he has a following.  I know it's a pipe dream but I really hope that it turns out he's actually moderate to left and he's just doing it to make cash but gets found out.  Imagine the outrage among his fans!  But alas, I am sure he's a true blue (right red?) Trumper.  

• Upvote 3

Today's check-in with the 1776 Restoration Movement.

image.png.fb37cb0368e9427b2a3e2c15331dcda9.png

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Today's check-in with the 1776 Restoration Movement.

image.png.fb37cb0368e9427b2a3e2c15331dcda9.png

Visiting a church for free food and to mooch use of the facilities?  Printing out things in order to bother people just going about their day?  Doing things in an ineffective and monetarily wasteful way?  Not learning any lessons after months of being on the road?  Shitty website?  Half-assing everything?  C'mon, Santa, admit it- You're really JRod, aren't you?  

• Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Visiting a church for free food and to mooch use of the facilities?  Printing out things in order to bother people just going about their day?  Doing things in an ineffective and monetarily wasteful way?  Not learning any lessons after months of being on the road?  Shitty website?  Half-assing everything?  C'mon, Santa, admit it- You're really JRod, aren't you?  

JRod? Nah, it's Bro Gary in disguise. That beard is totally fake!!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

JRod? Nah, it's Bro Gary in disguise. That beard is totally fake!!

It's only Bro Gary if there are weens...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

I think some people are stuck there (wherever "there" is these days) because they can't afford gas to get home. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

image.thumb.png.ea437677987e77a971c4c96ff4a9779a.png 

“And how is the freedom of black Americans biblical?” Sweet bourbon on the rocks, AMERICA isn’t in the Bible. 1776 isn’t in the Bible. You know what IS in the Bible? Loving everyone and not judging others. Fucking racist homophobic idiots. 

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

You know what IS in the Bible? Loving everyone and not judging others. Fucking racist homophobic idiots

You know what's also not in the Bible?

White people.

Or at least, not what they would consider white. Because people in the Bible were all Middle Eastern and, shock horror, Jewish.

• Upvote 9

22 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

White people.

Or at least, not what they would consider white. Because people in the Bible were all Middle Eastern and, shock horror, Jewish.

But I totally thought Jesus was a blond, blue eyed, long haired California surfer dude who was totally buff from all that Cross carrying and fish and loaves multiplying and wine from water creating and from the dead raising.  Those miracles really work up a sweat!  

• Upvote 5

From looking over the Movement's Facebook page, Santa and the gang have convinced their fans to start giving them money/donate stuff again. There's a rally at their base camp this Sunday. 👇

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ac9b59220908bdad615a485d4e058359.png

David aka Santa's last name is misspelled. It should be Riddell.

Spoiler

Someone bought the group a speaker. A refrigerated trailer has been donated to store their cold stuff, but now they want someone to buy them a chest freezer for their frozen food.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.079455ca634fb864b6fcab84a2f320f2.png

image.png.f2f0eff4e06e0b59ceffdf70e6e6ab41.png

It seems they lost their freezer in the convoy's d-i-v-o-r-c-e.

• Thank You 7

In other words, we need you to keep buying shit for our parking lot slumber parties. :sleeping-yellow:

"Portable trashcans- chuck has one and they are great!" What the hell are they talking about? Aren't all trashcans portable? :confusion-shrug:

Spoiler

image.png.a8179b6f2f72d9bf095e1710cb6adc25.png

Spoiler

Animated GIF

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

On 6/3/2022 at 1:58 AM, fraurosena said:

White people.

Well Romans make it into the new Testament, although in all honesty I have no idea whether they would count as "white" in this mob's world view. I suspect they would be too Mediterranean. 

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Well Romans make it into the new Testament, although in all honesty I have no idea whether they would count as "white" in this mob's world view. I suspect they would be too Mediterranean. 

True, but in the bible the Romans are the bad guys... 

• Upvote 3

I honestly wasn't sure which thread to put this in: Former Wisconsin judge murdered Friday in targeted attack.

I'm putting it here because it falls in my mind under the "coups" heading - this follows on logically from the rhetoric around the election, distrust of elected and appointed officials, white supremacy etc. It follows on from terrorist attacks like the ones in Buffalo, Tulsa and Uvalde (and the rest). 

The gunman had a predictable social media history:

Spoiler

Apparently there is now attention on online pro-gun extremism which seems.. a bit late to be starting to be honest. Better late than never?

• Upvote 9

This happened yesterday:

Spoiler

Meet the defiant children in charge of the food for today's rally:

Spoiler

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 1

What is it with these convoys and poor hygiene practices?! The one in Canberra had similar outbreaks for the same reasons. Ffs here people, fire up a neuron!!

• Upvote 9

21 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

This happened yesterday:

This made me think of John Oliver's recent segment on Subway. If you haven't seen it, watch through to the end. I haven't laughed so hard in quite some time.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

They are attending a service led by this man. 👇

Spoiler

• Thank You 5

Someone on the 1776 Restoration Movement's Facebook page asked for details about the group's finances. Some of the group's fans got upset and went after the questioner. :doh:

Anyway, here's the "proof" that all is well:

image.thumb.png.49562bab3f2a418a3e9014bdfb347bf7.png

Since we're showing off our mad computer skillz, here's a spreadsheet I made:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.55c65230931756a982ac391f0b0ecae4.png

I'll need to set up some accounts for collecting donations before officially launching my new career as a grifter.

• Upvote 5