IGNORED

Truck off: convoys, coups and protests

Ozlsn

On 3/27/2022 at 5:11 AM, formergothardite said:

I really think this might not end until they snap, pull out guns and go on a rampage.

I don't think the rampage will be with guns. Their semi cabs are deadly weapons -- someone will lose it and run over a car/motorcycle/cyclist deliberately. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

On 3/25/2022 at 3:26 PM, Howl said:

Two people in my weekly social bike ride came down with terrible colds. We're all vaxxed and boosted, but...how do you catch a cold these days if you are masked up indoors in public spaces? 

I wish I knew. After four weeks of bronchitis (which I haven't had since I was a child, almost half a century ago) I managed to get infected with covid despite extreme social distancing, working from home and masking everywhere I went (and thank goodness I was fully vaxxed and boosted because the most severe symptom I had to cope with was extreme fatigue for three weeks). And now, after only one day back at work, I have a sore throat. Wtf. 

• Love 17

14 minutes ago, Howl said:

I don't think the rampage will be with guns. Their semi cabs are deadly weapons -- someone will lose it and run over a car/motorcycle/cyclist deliberately. 

Yeah even the tractor part (cab/engine) of a semi by itself can weigh up to 25,000 pounds and can legally weigh up to 80,000 pounds with a fully loaded trailer attached.  Even if the trailer is empty they can be around 35,000 pounds.  Even though passenger vehicles and pickups have been getting heavier in recent years (average is about 4,100 for a passenger vehicle) pounds a semi is multiple times heavier.   So it would not be a contest. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 5

34 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I wish I knew. After four weeks of bronchitis (which I haven't had since I was a child, almost half a century ago) I managed to get infected with covid despite extreme social distancing, working from home and masking everywhere I went (and thank goodness I was fully vaxxed and boosted because the most severe symptom I had to cope with was extreme fatigue for three weeks). And now, after only one day back at work, I have a sore throat. Wtf. 

I was wondering where you've been.  Sorry to hear that you've been ill and hope you're feeling much better soon.

• I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

Wouldn’t surprise me if this driver was supportive of the piss soaked ride around DC. 

This week, Iowa law enforcement placed a truck out of service for tire safety violations. 

On Monday, Iowa DOT Motor Vehicle Enforcement (MVE) took to Facebook to detail a “not so routine CMV inspection” that resulted in an out of service order.

Yeah a couple of his tires were completely shot to hell and then some.  

Lucky he didn’t lose control and cause an accident. 

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • WTF 2

35 minutes ago, Howl said:

It's all over except for paying the diesel bill to get home: 

Good riddance.  Hope memories of the birds they've received remain with them for a long, long time.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

"Defeat the Mandates" rally in Los Angeles on 04/10.

Thankfully some mandates are dropping across the country, but there are still vaccine mandates that persist in schools, colleges, businesses, hospitals, and corporations. Restrictions on doctors who treat COVID, censorship by Big Tech, the unnecessary COVID-19 vaccination of children, silencing of scientific debate, and the extension of the Emergency Powers Act beyond March 1st for the coronavirus pandemic are a few of the main concerns.

In California, an aggressive slate of COVID-19-related bills—mandating vaccines for children and all employees, and allowing 12 to 17-year-olds to get the vaccine without parental consent—remain under consideration by the California state assembly.

Starting at 12 noon we will hold a day-long rally in the heart of Los Angeles at Grand Park where a wide range of featured guests including prominent doctors, recording artists, actors, journalists and premier thought leaders will give a series of inspiring talks and musical performances.

The site doesn't have a list of speakers or a schedule for the event yet.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

The site doesn't have a list of speakers or a schedule for the event yet.

"Prominent doctors" and "premier thought leaders" will be from the "legends in their own minds" speakers pool.  Recording artists and actors will be there because LA? 

Premier thought leaders. Good grief. 

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, Howl said:

"Prominent doctors" and "premier thought leaders" will be from the "legends in their own minds" speakers pool.  Recording artists and actors will be there because LA? 

Premier thought leaders. Good grief. 

Howl, I actually read those phrases with quotes as well.  Including "recording artists" and "actors".  It reminded me of a one act play that takes place in a restaurant.  One of the two characters at the table keeps trying to get the attention of the server by waving the air and yelling "Actress, oh ACTRESS!"  I mean I have done local theater and have sung on a few recordings (mostly background) that were distributed so I guess technically I am both an actor and a recording artist.  I will wait and see the actual names before I remove the mentally added quotes.  I look forward to the pictures provided by media that show the inevitable low turnout. 

• Upvote 4

I want to point out a few of the organizations from the partners/sponsors section of Defeat the Mandates' website:

The FLCCC (Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance). They are still promoting the use of ivermectin and claiming that studies that don't support their view are flawed. Here are their current treatment protocols.

Children's Health Defense- This is RFK Jr's organization. He spoke at the DC Defeat the Mandate rally in January, and made comments that drew criticism. (RFK Jr. remarks on Anne Frank, vaccines draw condemnation.) He later apologized for the comparison.

FreedomMed- They want you to pay $99 a month for singles, $175.00 a month for couples, or $250 a month for families for:

Spoiler

image.png.a8451103a2e63d0ea4431c90b55df3d7.png

image.png.390cf489529580b4fe8e781679c5d3e3.png

Nope. :hand:

The CEO of FreedomMed, Kevin Jenkins, spoke at the DC Defeat the Mandates Rally in January. His bio on the site:

Kevin D. Jenkins, a public speaker and transformational executive with an impressive track record is leading the charge at Urban Global Health Alliance as CEO/Founder and at Freedom Travel Alliance as CMO/Founder.

Jenkins is lifelong champion for human rights in the black community and as the founder of Urban Global Health Alliance, he shows his dedication to these rights. The mission of UGHA is to educate, empower and release urban communities and their leaders from decades of indoctrination and suppression; and to create effective public policy which safeguard rights of equality.

Building a healthy society

"Building healthy communities creates a healthy society. " – Kevin Jenkins

Jenkins has naturally evolved into a truth warrior and endeavors to level the global playing field by exposing the hidden agendas, lies, corruption and distorted versions of truth that continuously divide our communities. He shines a light in the dark corners of psyops that oppress society and the world - today now more than ever. Not only does he bring to attention injustices that are being perpetrated right under our noses but he provides more than rhetoric. He shares “methods to action” in order to defeat modern day slavery of ALL races.

Kevin's authenticity, transparency and getting straight to the point, backed by volumes of historical knowledge and factual data, create a voice that compels you to listen to his message.

Accomplished in business and brand development, strategic planning, economic development, non-profit management and fundraising, and having a history of driving achievements for a number of prestigious organizations, make Jenkins a powerhouse. He brings these talents to non-profits such as UGHA and social enterprises such as Freedom Travel Alliance. The scope of his global experience has spanned virtually all aspects of business, governmental affairs and public policy coupled with leadership and team building. He is a graduate of Saint Benedicts Preparatory School, attended Saint Peters College and is a graduating Fellow of Leadership New Jersey-Class of 1995. He has worked with Dreyfus Health Foundation to improve community health and wellness in Ghana, Kenya, and Japan. Jenkins has extensive experience in the corporate world, managing portfolios over $200M. He is positioned to bridge the gap between local urban communities and the corporate and political support which is necessary to bring the vision to fruition and success.

He is currently throwing the weight of his experience into Freedom Travel Alliance and UGHA, passionately driving education and programs into underserved communities and demographics. He is also a much sought-after speaker and regularly is tours the circuit and conducts live national interviews. He recently was a co-producer of the documentary Medical Racism.

Urban Global Health partners with communities and civil leaders to educate, engage, and empower on wellness. Understanding that we live an increasingly urbanized world and health issues present challenges that are not understood, addressed and at times even manipulated, UGH aims to create programs to bring urban communities back to nature and wellness.

Freedom Travel Alliance is a social enterprise which supports the rights of humans to move about freely and to travel unencumbered and without discrimination.

Jenkins launched FreedomMed in early March. The site currently has pictures/profiles on three doctors, but the wording never explicitly states that those doctors work for FreedomMed, or will be in charge of your medical care. :evil-eye:

Jenkins and RFK Jr. are both listed in the "Disinformation Dozen" report about online anti-vaxxers from the Center for Countering Digital Hate.

• Thank You 5

And a Canadian police officer is in a bit of trouble now.

A Durham Regional Police officer is facing multiple disciplinary charges after she posted a video online praising members of the “Freedom Convoy 2022.”

On January 24, Const. Erin Howard took to Twitterto shout out all the truckers involved in the anti-COVID-19 vaccine mandate protest.

Howard claimed she would travel to Ottawa to show support for the convoy and its members. Durham Regional Police issued a statement shortly after confirming that investigators were looking into Howard’s video.

On Tuesday, the DRPS confirmed that Howard faces several charges, including two counts of discreditable conduct, two counts of insubordination and two counts of a breach of confidence.

Hopefully she gets the boot out of law enforcement. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

FreedomMed- They want you to pay $99 a month for singles, $175.00 a month for couples, or $250 a month for families for:

Oh My Gosh. Thanks for this. 

Some red flags for Freedom Med.  There is odd phrasing and poor grammar as the text goes on and on...describing nothing specific. 

It's obvious that you pay a hefty up-front fee, to then be additionally ripped off by supposed doctors,  a "natural" pharmacy, medical tests, etc.  You can assume that "access to" does not equal free. 

For example, there is no such thing as "natural" ivermectin or "natural" hydroxychloroquine.  This is just a massive rip off of the credulous MAGA/Q/Antivaxx crowd.  I have to think they could be headed for medical mal practice but I'm also seeing a lot of TV ads for teledocs for ED and other problems, so who knows.  Maybe you call a FreedomMed doc, describe your fairly complicated situation and they just say, CALL 911 STAT! 

And the Keith Jenkins bio? It's a joke.  Again, ridiculous amount of verbiage = prolix!  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

24 minutes ago, Howl said:

For example, there is no such thing as "natural" ivermectin or "natural" hydroxychloroquine

I laughed out loud reading that. Oh dear.

• Upvote 6

45 minutes ago, Howl said:

For example, there is no such thing as "natural" ivermectin or "natural" hydroxychloroquine.  This is just a massive rip off of the credulous MAGA/Q/Antivaxx crowd.  I have to think they could be headed for medical mal practice but I'm also seeing a lot of TV ads for teledocs for ED and other problems, so who knows.  Maybe you call a FreedomMed doc, describe your fairly complicated situation and they just say, CALL 911 STAT! 

Earlier in the pandemic, some anti-vaxxers were passing around a recipe for how to make hydroxychloroquine at home. :doh:

Fact Check-Hydroxychloroquine cannot be made at home using fruit peel

A widely shared video on social media incorrectly says the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) can be made at home using fruit peel.

The clip was first shared on TikTok with over 600,000 views (here) and since then, has circulated on Instagram. (here)

“How to make natural hydroxychloroquine naturally with ease,” the title of the video reads.

The video encourages viewers to boil grapefruit and lemon peel in water for several hours. After cooling and draining the ingredients, the juice is poured into jars.

The individual filming the content tells users to have “two tablespoons” of the juice per day.

“What exactly does this do for you? Seriously asking,” one social media user commented underneath the post. “I saved this. Thank you,” another said.

However, this is not how hydroxychloroquine, a prescription-only drug, is made, and people should not attempt making such drugs at home, experts told Reuters.

“Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) is a man-made compound and cannot be extracted from any natural source,” Dr. Stephen Cochrane, Senior Lecturer in Organic Chemistry and Chemical Biology at Queen’s University Belfast (QUB), told Reuters in an email.

“The production of HCQ requires several sequential chemical reactions and purifications, and even for a trained synthetic chemist, this is not a trivial exercise,” he added.

• WTF 7

8 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Earlier in the pandemic, some anti-vaxxers were passing around a recipe for how to make hydroxychloroquine at home. :doh:

Fact Check-Hydroxychloroquine cannot be made at home using fruit peel

I thought at first that said fruit pee

Of course if Orange Hitler told them drinking pee would prevent them from getting COVID they’d drink nothing but pee. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Of course if Orange Hitler told them drinking pee would prevent them from getting COVID they’d drink nothing but pee. 

I don't want to gross you out, but some of the anti-vaxxers are already into this. :hand:

• Upvote 9

The venue mentioned above is the Midland County Horseshoe Arena & Pavilion. Those "liberal cowboys" in Midland are definitely plotting against them.

Spoiler

image.png.47c3c9316a2139050e5980594ecf60bc.png

Source is here.

:pb_rollseyes:

The Horseshoe, to no one's surprise, is getting nasty comments on their Facebook page for not letting them stay. The convoy found alternate accommodations 40 miles away at a former Air Force Base that is now a museum.

Spoiler

• Upvote 9

22 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

The venue mentioned above is the Midland County Horseshoe Arena & Pavilion. Those "liberal cowboys" in Midland are definitely plotting against them.

Hide contents

image.png.47c3c9316a2139050e5980594ecf60bc.png

Source is here.

:pb_rollseyes:

The Horseshoe, to no one's surprise, is getting nasty comments on their Facebook page for not letting them stay. The convoy found alternate accommodations 40 miles away at a former Air Force Base that is now a museum.

Hide contents

It's always some kind of conspiracy against them with these guys, isn't it?  Their thirst for being victims is always set at Whine O'Clock. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I found the Twitter feed of an ABC reporter while looking for convoy updates:

Spoiler

Drunk Happy Hour GIF

Anyhoo, the People's Convoy is on the way to Los Angeles:

Spoiler

Defeat the Mandates has updated their website with a list of the people who will be speaking/performing this Sunday.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5c57a73eac84f3ed9381c303ff5cc1e9.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Hide contents

Drunk Happy Hour GIF

Hide contents

Defeat the Mandates has updated their website with a list of the people who will be speaking/performing this Sunday.

Reveal hidden contents

Has anyone asked them what mandates they’re actually protesting? 🤔

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Has anyone asked them what mandates they’re actually protesting? 🤔

All of 'em, Katie!  😜

• Haha 10

On 4/2/2022 at 3:05 PM, Cartmann99 said:

I don't want to gross you out, but some of the anti-vaxxers are already into this. :hand:

I thought of this the first couple days in the hospital when I couldn't get out of bed at all and had to use one of those portable collection devices.  Evil me would have told any BTs that visited me that it was beer and to have a cold frosty one on me.

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Hide contents

Drunk Happy Hour GIF

Hide contents

Hide contents

I recognize two names on the list. As I never watched Hercules I only know Kevin Sorbo was Hercules because Lucy Lawless’ takedowns of his stupid Twitter comments are fantastic. I am also aware of his roles in movies where some brave Christian stands up against a non believer and wins over the souls of many. Jenny McCarthy is the other one and as someone more famous for exploiting her child and having a website dedicated to her with a body count than her “acting” or “modeling” career, I guess she fits right in with this crew. Yeah, it’s a real star studded event!! Even Chachi is staying away! 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

I recognize two names on the list. As I never watched Hercules I only know Kevin Sorbo was Hercules because Lucy Lawless’ takedowns of his stupid Twitter comments are fantastic. I am also aware of his roles in movies where some brave Christian stands up against a non believer and wins over the souls of many. Jenny McCarthy is the other one and as someone more famous for exploiting her child and having a website dedicated to her with a body count than her “acting” or “modeling” career, I guess she fits right in with this crew. Yeah, it’s a real star studded event!! Even Chachi is staying away! 

And my question is who are the "US Marine Pilots" in set 4?  I somehow doubt any Marine is gonna fuck up their career and/or violate regulations by showing up in uniform or using their military position to advance anti-vax/mandate horseshit.

Yeah Kevin Sorbo was the only name I recognized right away.  Did he take too many blows to the head back in the day or was he always such a douche cannon?  

• Upvote 6