IGNORED

Webster4Eva 11: They don't know it's not vitally important to teach a 5 year old how to choose a man

HerNameIsBuffy

11 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Maybe they’ll go with Kellie/ Kelli? Anyone know GM Jane’s middle name?

I just can’t see Alyssa with a boy. 

I feel like they will choose from John's side as they have three middle names from Alyssa's side (Jane, Joy, Jo). 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I feel like they will choose from John's side as they have three middle names from Alyssa's side (Jane, Joy, Jo). 

Someone mentioned Eileen being John’s mom’s middle name. Eileen makes a nice middle name but does not fit Alyssa’s single syllable middle name pattern. My GD was almost named Eileen. Eileen is a family name for us too.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Someone mentioned Eileen being John’s mom’s middle name. Eileen makes a nice middle name but does not fit Alyssa’s single syllable middle name pattern. My GD was almost named Eileen. Eileen is a family name for us too.

That was me. His mom is Sandra Eileen. 

It is not single syllable, but both John and Alyssa have sisters named Tori, so maybe they is an option?

Also, weirdly enough, John has a niece named Katie Grace. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Honey Beach said:

Girl names: Sadie, Kayli, Lucie, Bailey, Niki, Haley 

I thought about Lucy/Lucie too, and I like it, but I think it might be too traditional for the Websters. Lucy Eileen would be adorable, and I think it might be nice for Lexi to have a matching letter sister. All the other girls plus Alyssa have middle names that begin with the letter J.

What do people think of a name like Riley, which is non gender specific? Would the Websters frown on that? Michael>Michaela????

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Another thing I just remembered, Alyssa often calls Lexi, “Mae.” So the 1 daughter who doesn’t have a “J” middle name is called by her middle, while the other girls are not called similarly, at least not that I’ve ever heard. I’ve always found that interesting.

17 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Another thing I just remembered, Alyssa often calls Lexi, “Mae.” So the 1 daughter who doesn’t have a “J” middle name is called by her middle, while the other girls are not called similarly, at least not that I’ve ever heard. I’ve always found that interesting.

I think she calls her Lexi Mae, not just Mae. She seems to call Allie and Lexi by their full names a lot. More than Zoey. 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I think she calls her Lexi Mae, not just Mae. She seems to call Allie and Lexi by their full names a lot. More than Zoey. 

I have heard Alyssa call her “Mae” (no Lexi), many times. I have heard Alyssa call Allie, “Allie Jane” loads of times, especially when Allie was younger. Not sure I have ever heard Alyssa call either Zoey or Maci by their full names.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

The whole pregnancy announcement was set up for clicks. If there was no youtube channel, she probably would have told the girls all together, and had five minutes of excited shouts and screams from the kids.

But she wanted more than five minutes of content, so she told them one by one, even Macie. 

I guess that doesn't surprise people who are familiar with these things. But to me, it's an important family event--perhaps the only pregnancy announcement Lexie and Zoey will have a memory of. It seems odd to have youtube clicks be the priority.

I think you are right.  It was in a way, nice to see each child's reaction but I do believe she knows the gender and it is a boy.  My reasons for thinking this is how her and John handled the 'boy' issue.  It's been a given for awhile now, but this time they were really vocal about it.  In the past, they've said things about a boy but then that was it.  I think since Katie had that super early blood test to  get the gender that Alyssa has followed suit.  I am glad her kids are so well behaved & apparently sleep really well (idk about her methods, though) but she already acts if she's tired of being cooped up.  This is going to be super with potty training Maci, caring for a newborn + a brand new puppy!  I cannot imagine!

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, TaraJade7 said:

I think you are right.  It was in a way, nice to see each child's reaction but I do believe she knows the gender and it is a boy.  My reasons for thinking this is how her and John handled the 'boy' issue.  It's been a given for awhile now, but this time they were really vocal about it.  In the past, they've said things about a boy but then that was it.  I think since Katie had that super early blood test to  get the gender that Alyssa has followed suit.  I am glad her kids are so well behaved & apparently sleep really well (idk about her methods, though) but she already acts if she's tired of being cooped up.  This is going to be super with potty training Maci, caring for a newborn + a brand new puppy!  I cannot imagine!

Now imagine being a self (and family) described “neat freak” and navigating that path, yikes! Doesn’t  she homeschool the girls PT too? 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Now imagine being a self (and family) described “neat freak” and navigating that path, yikes! Doesn’t  she homeschool the girls PT too? 

Alyssa’s homeschooling consists of sitting the girls in front of a DVD player listening to their assigned “teacher.” Alyssa has posted pictures from upstairs when she checks on the girls during school. Those girls are on their own.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

That was me. His mom is Sandra Eileen. 

It is not single syllable, but both John and Alyssa have sisters named Tori, so maybe they is an option?

Also, weirdly enough, John has a niece named Katie Grace. 

Alyssa has Ellie as a sister and John's side has an Ellie also.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Guanabana said:

Alyssa’s homeschooling consists of sitting the girls in front of a DVD player listening to their assigned “teacher.” Alyssa has posted pictures from upstairs when she checks on the girls during school. Those girls are on their own.

TBF, beyond the very basics, what teaching could Alyssa really do? Remember “ mid evil”, “dinning room (multiple times) and not knowing the Cardinal signs? Allie is in 3rd grade (per Alyssa), by age she should be in 2nd grade. I’m not sure how much help Alyssa could give at this point. Also, I think the educational pushing forward that most fundies tend to do pretty much sums up what they think about learning…”get it over with.” Alyssa not being involved is probably a good thing-

• Upvote 9

36 minutes ago, Guanabana said:

I understand that they do participate in a co-op too.  I also notice that Alyssa keeps them on a pretty tight schedule as far as bedtimes, etc.  I read somewhere/saw on yt that she feeds the kids dinner like 5:00 p.m. & they're down for bed like at 7:00 or earlier, I cannot imaging my kids sleeping like 12 hours every night.  I don't think Maci sleeps quite as long, but close to it. --I guess if it works for them it is fine!

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, TaraJade7 said:

I understand that they do participate in a co-op too.  I also notice that Alyssa keeps them on a pretty tight schedule as far as bedtimes, etc.  I read somewhere/saw on yt that she feeds the kids dinner like 5:00 p.m. & they're down for bed like at 7:00 or earlier, I cannot imaging my kids sleeping like 12 hours every night.  I don't think Maci sleeps quite as long, but close to it. --I guess if it works for them it is fine!

Early to bed so she can have alone time with John. Yes, they go one day a week to a co-op. Alyssa mentioned planning to increase it to twice a week, not sure if it will happen now that she is pregnant and sick. 

• Upvote 6

My 8 year old goes to bed at 7:30 and my 10 year old at 8.  They are early bedtimes, I know, but my oldest is usually exhausted by then and the youngest wakes up at 6 every morning (I tried putting her to bed later and she just got up earlier - we had to put down the law that 5:30 was way too early to get up), so 7:30 it is.  I don't mind having the evenings, it's a nice perk.  I'm not going to judge the early bedtime, some kids just need more sleep.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

7 minutes ago, treehugger said:

My 8 year old goes to bed at 7:30 and my 10 year old at 8.  They are early bedtimes, I know, but my oldest is usually exhausted by then and the youngest wakes up at 6 every morning (I tried putting her to bed later and she just got up earlier - we had to put down the law that 5:30 was way too early to get up), so 7:30 it is.  I don't mind having the evenings, it's a nice perk.  I'm not going to judge the early bedtime, some kids just need more sleep.  

And some kids need less. Which sucks! My oldest has always needed less sleep than most. Even as a newborn! He was wide awake all the time. Just wanting to do stuff. Crazy baby. 

• Love 3

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And some kids need less. Which sucks! My oldest has always needed less sleep than most. Even as a newborn! He was wide awake all the time. Just wanting to do stuff. Crazy baby. 

I had one of each. #1 was never asleep and #2 was never awake. My pedi wanted me to wake by son as a baby to feed. He was growing fine. I told her no. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, SassyPants said:

I had one of each. #1 was never asleep and #2 was never awake. My pedi wanted me to wake by son as a baby to feed. He was growing fine. I told her no. 

My second slept like normal. I was so alarmed. My mom was like, “this is normal.” I was shocked. I had assumed my oldest was the norm. 

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My second slept like normal. I was so alarmed. My mom was like, “this is normal.” I was shocked. I had assumed my oldest was the norm. 

I was always grateful that I didn’t get the good sleeper first.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I should add, early bedtimes usually happen during school days because they are just exhausted after a busy day at school.  Under stimulated children with early bedtimes is sadder than kids who lead very active, busy lives and are just pooped at the end of the day. And yes, some people just don’t need a lot of sleep.  My husband is one of those. Any more than 6 hours a night and he can’t sleep.  
I should also add that it does change. My oldest used to need less sleep as a baby and toddler, but these days she is just so tired, and she knows it because she goes to bed on her own.  My middle daughter has always been a very regular child who needs a lot of stability.  The baby is all over the place, he was a great sleeper right up till this past month. 18 month sleep regressions suck. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I love Eileen. I will take Eileen a million time before Macy, Kacy, Lacy, Icy, Spicy, Juicy... 😝

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

Maggie or Lizzie would also be nice names that would fit her syllabal pattern, but not necessarily her name type. Both would probably be too traditional for their tastes.

• I Agree 1

I think for some kids video school is better than what they receive in traditional homeschool. As many problems as there are with Abeka, they will at least cover the basics on a consistent schedule.

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic