IGNORED

Webster4Eva 11: They don't know it's not vitally important to teach a 5 year old how to choose a man

HerNameIsBuffy

5 hours ago, medimus said:

This is only true for combined (oestrogen and progesteron) hormonal birth control. Progesteron only is generally okay (obviously depends on person's individual background, but generally doesn't increase the risk of blood clots). And progesteron only pills are much more reliable than they were even a few years ago now, equal to combined.

I suppose it depends how they were doing NFP. In my job I have met too many (mainly young) women who think that just not having sex on the days an app says you are fertile is doing NFP/FAM and end up pregnant, but done properly it can work for the right women (not with an app), yes the chance of pregnancy is higher than with hormonal contraception, but some women prefer that slightly higher risk.

NFP worked wonderfully for me. I cannot take hormonal birth control (I have reacted poorly to everyone I tried) but I have a clockwork cycle and learned to know my body. I also have painful ovulations, so I know exactly when I am ovulating. 

It worked for me for years. I managed to not pregnant when I didn't want too and then got pregnant on the first try when I did want too. 

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

The whole pregnancy announcement was set up for clicks. If there was no youtube channel, she probably would have told the girls all together, and had five minutes of excited shouts and screams from the kids.

But she wanted more than five minutes of content, so she told them one by one, even Macie. 

I guess that doesn't surprise people who are familiar with these things. But to me, it's an important family event--perhaps the only pregnancy announcement Lexie and Zoey will have a memory of. It seems odd to have youtube clicks be the priority.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

Of course both man and woman should have a voice in reproductive decisions, but the final say should go to the individual housing/growing the fetus and putting their body, health, life at risk…common sense.

ALSO: If partners disagree on having a child or another child, IMO, the best decision is to NOT get pregnant. Always defer to the partner that does NOT want another child. No one should be coerced into HAVING or parenting a child.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

I'm trying to think of IE/Y names for girls they might use that aren't already in her family.

Carrie

Cory

Jamie

What do you think she'll do? 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I'm trying to think of IE/Y names for girls they might use that aren't already in her family.

Carrie

Cory

Jamie

What do you think she'll do? 

Carrie is such a sweet name.  💜

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I was thinking about this too:

Jenni 

Annie 

Hayley (althoguh it is longer than the other girls names) 

Lily- I think this is my guess. And they use family names for middle names. So I am going to guess Lily Eileen after John's mom.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

Jade

Jacy

Sydni

Hayli

Riley

Sadie

Bayli

Sophie

Riley, Jamie, Sydney- I could see any of those.

There is no way they’ll name a girl Carrie or Sophie- those names are not “cutsie” enough.

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

I was thinking about this too:

Jenni 

Annie 

Hayley (althoguh it is longer than the other girls names) 

Lily- I think this is my guess. And they use family names for middle names. So I am going to guess Lily Eileen after John's mom.

Who is “Mae” after?

• Upvote 1

Ava,

Isla,

Kaye,

Mila,

Suri,

Blair.

I just thought about some short names 😅,

I hope that they don't name the baby something stupid 

Edited by Dbm

My impression was that many of her friends were pregnant, she got baby fever, wasn't careful while tossing around the idea of a 5th child, decided against #5 and would get a dog instead, but too late. But maybe because I know of someone else where the case was similar. Decided on another child. Pregnancy test was negative. Changed their mind and decided to stay with what they already had. But her period never showed up. Yep- she may have changed her mind but she had already been pregnant despite the negative tests.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Dbm said:

Ava,

Isla,

Kaye,

Mila,

Suri,

Blair.

I just thought about some short names 😅,

I hope that they don't name the baby something stupid 

Only Suri works because they have an "ee" ending theme.

Mae is after one of John's grandmother's, I believe. 

• Upvote 2

Allie Jane 

Lexi Mae

Zoey Joy

Maci Jo

^^^^ She likes shorter first names with two syllables that end with -ee. She likes short one syllable middle names. Especially ones that start with J. Since she hasn’t repeated any first letters for her girls, I think she won’t repeat a letter if she has girl #5. That’s why I was thinking Rylee Kay. And she does have an aunt Kay.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Hazelbunny said:

How about IUD -ee? 

or  va sec toe meeee

Edited by AussieKrissy
remove a
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Riley, Jamie, Sydney- I could see any of those.

There is no way they’ll name a girl Carrie or Sophie- those names are not “cutsie” enough.

Unless they cutesified the spelling to something like Kari/Cari, or Sofi.     

• Upvote 2

I can see Kari/Cari

which I know is Karrie but I read as Car ree or car rye

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 2

On 9/6/2022 at 6:34 PM, CanadianMamam said:

AI think Alyssa is an odd place with her sisters as well. She doesn't fit with Michael, Tori and Erin who all drink the kool-aid and are happy (or try to be) with the fundie life

Alyssa has 100% drunk the Kool aid just as much as Erin - married young, popped out multiple kids at a young age to the detriment of her health (her heart condition) and does not appear to actively use BC, stay at home mom, homeschools her kids, goes to church, traditional gender roles for all, fully connected to her fundie fam, and supports her conservative dick FIL who espouses evangelical ideals in congress. Is it the pants that hide the fundamentalism? 

She seems closest with Katie, Carlin, and then Addie and Ellie. 

Edited by freethemall
  • Upvote 10

25 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Alyssa has 100% drunk the Kool aid just as much as Erin - married young, popped out multiple kids at a young age to the detriment of her health (her heart condition) and does not appear to actively use BC, stay at home mom, homeschools her kids, goes to church, traditional gender roles for all, fully connected to her fundie fam, and supports her conservative dick FIL who espouses evangelical ideals in congress. Is it the pants that hide the fundamentalism? 

She seems closest with Katie, Carlin, and then Addie and Ellie. 

I meant that they at least appear content with their lives and she does not. She does not seem to enjoy motherhood, housekeeping or homeschooling. 

• Upvote 13

She clearly didn't want that pregnancy. I'm sad for her but specially for the kids. She has often said she has no patience and she is obviously obsessed with being thin... Not a good combo for a 5th pregnancy.

What I like is her sincerity. She says 4 kids is a lot and 5 is a ton and looks truly worried. Her mother had 19 and pretended it was easy... At least Alyssa is realistic.

Lexi words are interesting. She has probably heard her parents (or someone) saying that. 

• Upvote 12

On 7/10/2022 at 9:20 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Is there something called elementary school fever? Because I like this age where my kids are in elementary school. And I feel like once they go to middle school, I’m going to be really sad. 

This is late to the party but YES! I hate it that my youngest is in 6th grade and I want her back in second or third STAT 😕

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe they’ll go with Kellie/ Kelli? Anyone know GM Jane’s middle name?

I just can’t see Alyssa with a boy. 

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I just can’t see Alyssa with a boy. 

I don't think the differences between the genders is as massive as you make out.  I've cared for little boys and little girls. 

Here's what I think is interesting: How will the Websters respond when their little boy plays with girl toys? The house is full of dolls, toy kitchens, etc. What will happen when the little guy has a tea party with Maci? Or plays dolls with Lexi? It's inevitable that will happen.

Edited by Jackie3
  • I Agree 4

6 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

I don't think the differences between the genders is as massive as everyone makes out. And I've cared for little boys and little girls.

In our world, true. I think it’s very different in fundie world. It all starts with that almighty head band. 

• Upvote 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic