IGNORED

Sister Wives 7: One Down and Three to Go

Coconut Flan

I only watch on and off but I tuned in specifically because I had scoliosis surgery when I was 14. I've always been really interested in Ysabel as a result. I was concerned for a while they weren't going to opt for surgery at all so I'm so glad they had it done finally. It really is life changing and without it the repercussions later in life can be terrible.

I had the surgery with the rods so it wasn't the same but I still remember the recovery was intense. I also remember having to do 'the walk' to get home from hospital. I was so desperate to get home and it makes you really determined.

Ysabel is a superhero. I was such a wimp in comparison. I was incredibly impressed with her.

For me it really highlighted what a waste of space Kody is. Interestingly my Mum finally left my Dad not long after my surgery. He was a chronic alcoholic and absolutely useless afterwards. Obviously Kody doesn't have addiction issues but he seemed about as much use. The difference is I would have been horrified if my Dad had turned up at the hospital whereas she actually seemed to want Kody there. Somehow that almost made it seem worse when he chose not to be, and yes Kody you did choose not to be. It was so annoying when he kept making it sound like something that was forced upon him.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 18

Just watched the most recent episode, and WOW, Kody is really unraveling. He is such a colossal dickhead that I literally find myself yelling at the TV, but at the same time I’m concerned because he is clearly in a really bad place mentally.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

Just watched the most recent episode, and WOW, Kody is really unraveling. He is such a colossal dickhead that I literally find myself yelling at the TV, but at the same time I’m concerned because he is clearly in a really bad place mentally.  

I agree!! He has no joy this season. He is really struggling… it must be bad for Janelle to tell him to fuck off. 

• Upvote 9

So I just rewatched this latest episode and I think that this is the turning point for Christine. She was so calm and rational in that meeting. I think she already has decided to leave of thinking seriously about it and it doesn’t terrify her. So she is very calm about it. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

On 1/3/2022 at 4:17 PM, Jrodseyeliner said:

She was so calm and rational in that meeting. I think she already has decided to leave of thinking seriously about it and it doesn’t terrify her. So she is very calm about it.

What's struck me about Christine in the first few episodes of this season and the last few of the last season is that she often just looks done, she doesn't care anymore. She's so matter of fact when she talks about their marriage. I honestly think she stayed as long as she did for the kids (hers and Janelle's and probably her relationship with Janelle) seeing Janelle's boys basically say "we will do what Christine does" was super cute. 

those boys are also fed up with Kody and I am here for their snark. 

I'm really excited to watch Robyn villianize Christine and Janelle to her kids next week when she tells them that they won't be doing the Holiday as a family. 

Drifting.... I've been binging big love lately and they just talked about the custody of the kids and if Wife+Husband died what other wife would get the kids. If Kody and Robyn died... Who do we think gets Sol and Ariella? 

I'm 99.9% that Christine and Janelle have each other and Meri probably had one of them. But I'm not certain that Robyn would choose any of them... How does that mesh with her whole plural family yay love my fam narrative? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, LacyMay said:

I'm really excited to watch Robyn villianize Christine and Janelle to her kids next week when she tells them that they won't be doing the Holiday as a family. 

Robyn saying she understands Christine wanting to visit her kids out of state for the holiday but “plural wives can’t do that” ummm…so maybe that’s why all her kids are still at home?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

Robyn saying she understands Christine wanting to visit her kids out of state for the holiday but “plural wives can’t do that” ummm…so maybe that’s why all her kids are still at home?

And the parroting of Aurora shocked me a little. Correction, a lot. It brought back memories for me of a family situation where both parents simultaneously had severe mental breakdowns and the children were walking on eggshells in pleasing them and preventing explosions. In that case the mum had a post partum psychosis and the father was burned out from taking over all responsibilities. Ariel seems a bit old for that scenario to be the case, but Robyn and Kody do come across as extremely mentally deranged and it would explain the need for a nanny…

I would NOT want to be part of their family during this period. Or ever. But especially during this time. They give me very unsafe vibes.

After watching the preview I suddenly feel almost more sorry for Robyns children. Ysabel, Truely, Garrison and Gabriel feel safe enough with their mums to express themselves and know their mums will choose them over their “father”. I highly doubt Robyns children feel the same security, despite all the favoritism from Kody and Robyn.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jinderella said:

After watching the preview I suddenly feel almost more sorry for Robyns children. Ysabel, Truely, Garrison and Gabriel feel safe enough with their mums to express themselves and know their mums will choose them over their “father”. I highly doubt Robyns children feel the same security, despite all the favoritism from Kody and Robyn.

I don’t think Robyn feels all that secure either and that’s why she so strictly adheres to all of Kody’s rules. She has two sister wife examples where Kody bailed on a wife as soon as the marriage got hard (newsflash…sometimes marriage is hard, but that doesn’t always mean its not worth saving without a little work and self-reflection. Kody has shown himself incapable of that).
For whatever reason, Robyn is more afraid of losing Kody then having any type of agency. Christine seemed to finally realize that she could be ok without Kody this past year, Janelle already knows that, and so does Meri (I think she stays out of spite at this point).

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

Basically showing no emotion and just not caring is a sign a person is ready to leave a relationship. If Christine hadn’t announced the split, I think everyone would have know just by watching her lack of emotion in the show. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Jinderella said:

And the parroting of Aurora shocked me a little. Correction, a lot.

Someone mentioned earlier that Robyn seems to have a lot of trauma built up from her first marriage. I think that's 110% right and that she's glommed on to Kody and his family for security/comfort and safety. I think that as crafty as she is I don't think she can (or wants) any of the responsibility that comes with independence, she has it made right now she doesn't work, she has low key celebrity status, all the benefits of monogamy AND plural marriage. She likes the easy life, doesn't want to go back to living in a trailer having to make tough decisions. Robyn needs to be taken care of, and I think that lack of resilience has been passed along to her kids.

We've never heard about Aurora or Dayton having jobs or friends or working. Even when the now older kids were in High School we say story lines of them having friends or jobs, moving out and starting their own lives. Heck Robyn wanted to move to Flagstaff so that Dayton (conveniently) could stay at home while he went to school and she could help him through that. (I know Dayton is on the Autism spectrum and likely requires a little more support) 

Janelle mentioned that they didn't raise sheeple and they raised kids with their own thoughts and opinions...and I think that's 100% true for the first 3 wives. But Robyn's kids will go with whatever keeps Robyn happy and keeps them from having to function as young adults. 

• Upvote 10

This season has been absolutely fascinating to watch.  For the first time since Season 1 I actually find myself wishing for the next episode to get here as soon as the last one ends.  

A few things I am noticing:

1.) Kody seems downright deranged.  And I say this as someone who didn't totally hate him in the early seasons.  It is actually unsettling to watch.  For someone who has been on TV as long as he has you would think he would make a better effort to hide the crazy... or perhaps this is his best effort and the real Kody is even more terrifying?

2.) Christine's conversation with Kody at the end of the last episode where she explained so clearly why Janelle was upset was one of the best conversations any of the adults have had on this show.  She put it so clearly and calmly.  And yet Kody still clearly didn't get it. Or doesn't care.

3.) I truly believe Meri is playing a role for the TV show at this point.  I find it hard to believe she is that desperately trying to get Kody back.  I hope she is being paid well because pretending to want Kody makes her look loony!  I don't blame Kody for not wanting to be romantic after she basically cheated on him with the catfish.  Had "Sam" been real Meri would have been gone.  

4.) I believe Kody wanted his own plot if land at Coyote Pass so he has a place for wife #5.  

• Upvote 17

11 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

This season has been absolutely fascinating to watch.  For the first time since Season 1 I actually find myself wishing for the next episode to get here as soon as the last one ends.  

1.) Kody seems downright deranged.  And I say this as someone who didn't totally hate him in the early seasons.  It is actually unsettling to watch.  For someone who has been on TV as long as he has you would think he would make a better effort to hide the crazy... or perhaps this is his best effort and the real Kody is even more terrifying?

2.) Christine's conversation with Kody at the end of the last episode where she explained so clearly why Janelle was upset was one of the best conversations any of the adults have had on this show.  She put it so clearly and calmly.  And yet Kody still clearly didn't get it. Or doesn't care.

3.) I truly believe Meri is playing a role for the TV show at this point.  I find it hard to believe she is that desperately trying to get Kody back.  I hope she is being paid well because pretending to want Kody makes her look loony!  I don't blame Kody for not wanting to be romantic after she basically cheated on him with the catfish.  Had "Sam" been real Meri would have been gone.  

4.) I believe Kody wanted his own plot if land at Coyote Pass so he has a place for wife #5.  

I agree with this 1000 percent.. 

Kody is unraveling right before our eyes… 

The older kids are starting to speak out with Gabe and Garrison leading the way. Hunter is showing support for Janelle and Christine by flying to Jersey for Ysabel abd then to Utah for Thanksgiving… 

I wonder how he is feeling now about all of his Covid protocols, especially now that all the evidence points to Covid not transmitting through parcels or clothes. 

• Upvote 13

Kody’s relationship With his adult kids:  last season it was telling to me that he had no clue that Maria and Audrey packed up and went to the end in Utah and Meri told him so.  If he had that great of a relationship with her in particular she would’ve told him that she was going to Utah. She didn’t.

• Upvote 8

On 1/2/2022 at 2:00 AM, LacyMay said:

Additionally Kody is lazy. And the definition of a  white male who while mediocre at best possesses the type of ego and entitlement that is infuriating at best and dangerous at worst.

I was watching an older episode earlier where he said that he "hates going to see Nancy (their counselor) because she takes him to task tells him things he needs to work on and he doesn't like that because he already has 4 nagging wives." Essentially in counseling he's not in control AND he's getting called out on his shit. 

Too lazy to be a good husband, too lazy to be a good father, too lazy to have a job. 

I imagine Nancy the counselor is usually overjoyed to see Kody, who treats everyone awfully because he is an insensitive, uncaring ass, usually angry at everybody and always the victim.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Blended families can be amazing and so can step parents, but I’m guessing at least one of Robyn’s older kids will look around one day and think, “These aren’t my people. This isn’t my family. Why do I care so much what this guy and all these other women think?” and set out on journey of self-discovery to find their own roots.

I think Kody is especially annoyed that so many of his kids are choosing their moms over him. Considering that when the kids were growing up Christine sometimes worried that she neglected her own kids to look after Janelle’s, I’m glad Janelle’s kids are siding with her and sticking up for her now.

• Upvote 11

Christine posted that she’s vaccinated-what about the rest of them?

• Upvote 10

7 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

With Kody & Meri, I agree that Meri basically cheated on him and would have left him.  But in fairness, that was what, 5 years ago?  Many couples can have someone cheat and move past that.  I'm not saying that is always the right choice, but it's not impossible.  And if it's a dealbreaker to Kody, then why does he not actually leave her?  What Meri did lasted no more than a year.  She's been punished by him for almost 5x that amount of time.  Instead, it feels like he wants to continue to be in the victim role by not breaking off the relationship but by making Meri so miserable she ends up leaving him.  Except that in their religion he is the only one who can let her into heaven.  So she has way more to lose than he does by ending the marriage.  That's a really fucked up thing to do. I also think it's crazy that he doesn't spend even one night a week at her place.  It's a weird choice to make that she has to be part of the family but he can refuse to spend any of the time with her.  

• Upvote 9

Meri basically cheated and very much had an emotional affair. She's also tried to make amends AND I'm pretty sure that Kody had checked out of that relationship long before the catfishing started. So I'm 100% in agreement that of the list of people who can play the victim Kodys name is near the bottom. Hell even Mariah has managed to move past it. Congratulations Kody your 26 year old daughter has more maturity than you do. 

I would love to see a Robyn kid run away but I feel like she has a very unhealthy almost codependent type relationship with them that they would need to get past. The original kids honestly seem to have pretty interchangeable relationships with the other moms I think Hunter for example considers himself to be just as much belonging to Christine as Aspyn does. Robyn's kids though appear like *her and Kodys kids* even the younger two, I don't know that say Sol has the same relationship with the other moms as Truly does. 

Also this season is 110% the most invested I've felt in years. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, LacyMay said:

Meri basically cheated and very much had an emotional affair. She's also tried to make amends AND I'm pretty sure that Kody had checked out of that relationship long before the catfishing started. So I'm 100% in agreement that of the list of people who can play the victim Kodys name is near the bottom. Hell even Mariah has managed to move past it. Congratulations Kody your 26 year old daughter has more maturity than Kody.

Also this season is 110% the most invested I've felt in years. 

Kody is 100% in control when rejecting Meri, which he loves.  Wives demand time and attention, which Kody hates. Plus, he enjoys having her financially contribute to the family but still get to punish and reject her. He gets to keep a profitable relationship he does no work to maintain.

Kody reminds me of my boss, who is also a narcissist. She likes simpering, unmotivated people like Robyn because they are nonthreatening and helpless. They bolster her feelings of power and control.

• Upvote 10

This family seems no different to me than a man who has 4 baby moms. Meri, Janelle, and Christine are all ex wives and Robyn is his 4th wife. It’s such a similar dynamic to a mainstream man who has kids by 4 different women. He has visitation of the kids and the older kids aren’t interested anymore. When they were younger they probably cared. But now they lead their own lives and they don’t see Kody as a big part of it. Their moms mostly raised them and they are closest to them. Dad was sort of on the peripheral. Like a dad who has every other weekend visitation that often cancels. 

• Upvote 25

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Have any of the sister wives mentioned getting the vaccine on social media?

Just Christine.

• Thank You 1

SW S16 E4 Cistern Wives

I didn't proofread, so if something doesn't make sense please ask. 

STH- solo talking head

Christine in a STH said Ysabel was 13 when they discovered the scoliosis and she had a 26-degree curve; now she’s 17, over 50-degree curve. Christine said 50-degree curve means surgery. Kody in a STH said thinks traveling is risky, and he is begging his family to follow to his covid restrictions. Christine in a STH said Kody’s absence will be more difficult for Ysabel because she relies on him when she’s in pain. Ysabel in a STH through tears said she thinks her dad’s priorities are screwed up; she doesn’t want to disrespect her dad; she understands why he is making this choice, but it is frustrating. Christine, Ysabel, Truely and Gwyn travel to NJ for Ysabel’s surgery.

Janelle is in NC for Evie K’s surgery. Evie K has FATCO and is missing some bones. Janelle in a STH said Maddie and Caleb were given two choices lengthen the bone which means several surgeries or amputate and get a prosthetic. There was no guarantee with the several surgeries, so they elected to amputate.  

Meri is filming at Lizzie’s Heritage Inn on 8-29-20 per the post it. It is the B&B’s 150th anniversary. Meri said Audrey is the social media person. Audrey said it is one year to the wedding (guessing the wedding was rescheduled). Audrey jokes it is time to do a little planning. Meri’s mom is in the background. Mariah and Meri stream making the banana bread. Meri in a STH said there was tension between her and Mariah in the past, and it caused a conflict. Meri said her personality is black or white, hot or cold, no in the middle, and realized that isn’t how to do a relationship. Meri said she is working on how she interacts with others, so they feel heard and validated. She would like to talk to Janelle.

Evie K had surgery on her one-year birthday, so they celebrated three days later when she was home from the hospital. Hunter was there for the celebration. Maddie said Evie had a void amputation, so her heel will fit in a prosthetic. Evie’s left leg is shorter than the right. Janelle said Evie won’t let anything hold her back.

Janelle and Meri meet at the property. Janelle in a STH said she and Meri struggled to communicate for decades, and made it work because they had to. Meri in a STH said she hopes they can be open, kind and honest. Janelle in a STH said she realized the five adults is her future, her community. Her kids will grow up, and move away, so she had the lunch with the adults last year to discuss their family. She wants the unit of the five parents stronger. Meri in a STH said she heard Janelle talked to Christine and Kody about not wanting Meri to have the property by the pond. Janelle in a STH said sometimes conversations get spilled. Kody in a STH said the problem isn’t the gossip. He said plural marriage requires you behave like a saint, and they haven’t been so they have problems.

Janelle and Meri dance around the subject of the pond. In the Lehi house to get from Janelle’s side of the house to Christine’s you could use the internal stairs which would take you through Meri’s portion or use the exterior stairs to avoid going through Meri’s. Janelle tells Meri she frequently slipped on the outside stairs, and it was cold and wet. Meri in a STH said she worked full time and wanted her personal space. Janelle tells Meri she felt it was a control issue. Janelle tells Meri she is afraid of Meri limiting pond access/time. Meri in a STH didn’t think there would be finger pointing and talks of slamming doors. Kody in a STH said for decades he has been trying to get the family to function and learned the wives don’t want the sister-wife relationship. Janelle in the STH said back in Lehi the loudest opinion got their way, it wasn’t a collaboration. Janelle tells Meri she wants legal contracts for pond access and in a STH wonders what happens if a wife dies, or moves. Meri tells Janelle she is trying to hear what she is saying. Meri tells Janelle she’s feeling a wall. Janelle tells Meri to take a moment. Meri tells Janelle she feels like Janelle is pointing out what Meri did wrong. Meri in a STH said she puts her guard up and gets defensive in an effort to avoid getting hurt. Meri wants to feel like they are past it. Janelle tells Meri she never wanted to rock the boat, and Meri always took things to heart. Meri tells Janelle she didn’t know where Janelle stood on things, and the relationship wasn’t what she had hoped it could have been. They admit they both felt rejected by the other. Meri in a STH said she knew Janelle before she knew Kody (Janelle was married to Meri’s brother), and when Janelle joined her and Kody she thought things would be different. Janelle and Meri both felt they made the effort and it wasn’t reciprocated. Janelle in a STH said Meri was brutally honest, harsh and forceful, and she shut down. Meri in a STH said looking back she sees she could have done better, but also feels you need grace. Janelle tells Meri said wants to move forward in a meaningful way. Janelle and Meri agree they are both sticking around and will continue to work on their relationship.

Kody, Janelle, and Solomon meet on the property they bought two years ago. They are having a 20,000-gallon cistern put in for the five lots. Janelle asks Kody five houses? Kody in a STH said when he discusses an investment property that could bring an income his wives fight with him and ask details. Janelle in a STH said Kody discusses having rental properties which won’t bring income in the short term, and he wants to do this before she builds her own house.

Christine and kids will quarantine at her sister’s house for two weeks prior to the surgery. Christine’s sister lives an hour from the hospital. Christine in a STH said she is worried, but upbeat around Ysabel. Christine describes the surgery, go in through the side, attach screws to the spine, put fibers on the screws which straighten the spine, less invasive than the traditional cut open the back and put in rods. The doctor said the goal is the get the spine down to a 10-degree curve. Ysabel tells Christine she is excited. Christine in a STH said Ysabel is hurt Kody isn’t there. Ysabel in a STH said Kody isn’t putting his daughter above his fear of the pandemic. She also said Kody always says family comes first. Christine in a STH said it has been a long process, and she will feel like a good mom once Ysabel gets the surgery.

Next episode Ysabel’s surgery.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic