IGNORED

Sister Wives 7: One Down and Three to Go

Coconut Flan

The more we talk about how Kody failed by not communicating his rules earlier the more pissed off I get that they didn't even make these rules as a family. Like Christine and Janelle and Meri had *no input at all* 

That's just sad. 

Janelle's boys are very impressive young men, when Kody asked what happens if Janelle gets sick there was no hesitation those two would have dropped anything to take care of her. The fact that Kody didn't recognize that and take pride in them for that (and got pissy because it was the "wrong answer") is just another addition to his ever growing portfolio of shittyness. 

Also the fact that Janelle's mom just died, her kids lost their grandmother and his main concern was not testing positive so that he could be with Robyn for Christmas because "Robyn wouldn't forgive him"? Did he seriously imply that Robyn would hold a grudge because him and Janelle went to her mother's funeral? If so.... That is just horrible on her part. And if what he said isn't true it is terrible on his part. 

Next week's episode looks heartbreaking. Christine deserves so much better. 

Also he may have made a crucial error in treating her like dirt in such a cavalier fashion. I think it's been made abundantly clear that a lot of the older kids have much stronger bonds with her than they do him. I don't see him coming out of that having gained any respect or good will from kids who he already had strained relationships with (not suggesting that the kids would blatantly pick sides just that already frayed relationships may suffer more).

He may have dramatically underestimated the social capital that Christine has. He could get away with how he's treated Meri because she also made mistakes and treated others poorly at times. I think he knew that people would struggle seeing her as a blameless victim and be less likely to question his actions. I don't know that this will play out as easily for him. 

Edited by LacyMay
  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 6

15 hours ago, viii said:

@ifosterkittens Yes, I think Robyn went into the marriage more level headed about things, whereas Kody was truly in love for the first time.

I think Kody is more invested in the relationship and Robyn is playing the role Kody wants to keep him happy and wrapped about her finger (so he will do what she wants). She is a manipulator at heart. I have no doubts she would leave if Kody's house if bank loans falls in and they are living in a poo-up at Coyote Pass.

When my sister was married to her narcissist husband,, what kept them on the same page in the early years was was being united in conflict against his ex. I suspect being in conflict within  Kody's "bad" wives has kept Robyn and Kody unified. What will they do to have a common enemy when this conflict resolves?

It was easy for him to be abusive and rejecting to Meri because of her years if conflict with other family members. But when he started (worsened) on Christine, the family joined ranks and he got pushback about being (such) an ass. Also because he was acting the same way to them. 

Good for Christine to have some dignity and self-worth and kick this Ka-doosch to the curb. It sets a good example to other family members they don't have to endure his misery.

Who is surprised Kody was astonished? He really believes he us entitled to treat his wives bad because "they deserve ".

Boy TLC, you are getting ratings now! We are all tuning in so we can hate on Kody some more. Have to wonder how much of all this is real.

• Upvote 18

4 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

Boy TLC, you are getting ratings now! We are all tuning in so we can hate on Kody some more. Have to wonder how much of all this is real.

I found an Instagram live Meri did a few weeks ago and Robyn was in with her (and Kody popped in for a couple seconds to see what they were doing). It was during a birthday party for Ariella and Robyn and Meri seemed to be in great terms with each other.

One thing that’s stood out to me…they mentioned that they never watch the show “because they’ve already lived it.”

It makes me wonder if they genuinely have no idea how they’re coming across this season (especially Kody!). If they just assume some of those things they say get edited out.

I do think there has been a breakdown in Kody’s relationship with his older kids in the last few years. Even the ones that used to be close to him seem like they’re pulling away from the family as a whole and are just staying close to their moms (these are Janelle and Christine’s kids. Mariah doesn’t seem close to anyone in the family right now except for occasionally her mom).

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, DalmatianCat said:

I do think there has been a breakdown in Kody’s relationship with his older kids in the last few years. Even the ones that used to be close to him seem like they’re pulling away from the family as a whole and are just staying close to their moms (these are Janelle and Christine’s kids. Mariah doesn’t seem close to anyone in the family right now except for occasionally her mom).

I think that older boy of Janelle's called it when he identified Robyn as the culprit. Kody is putty in her hands. I wouldn't be surprised if this "obedience" and "loyalty" and "Kody is the head if our house because Robyn lad down the household rules" (as opposed to certain bad wives) was whispered in Kody's ear by Robyn.

I have told you before I have a narcissist boss who acts like Kody. One of her little fangirls is able to weoponize against different staff she is mad at using similar tactics.

• Upvote 9

Kody seems to approach parenting as almost a business. Complete with his perceived contractual obligations. I don't think he ever established those really strong foundational bonds that Janelle and Christine did. When you have a foundation even when the dynamics change that bond stays. Kody knows how to *parent* he doesn't know how to have a relationship with an adult child because they don't need to be parented. 

I think Christine and Janelle managed to keep those bonds (not without some rocky patches) but they seem to have mastered the relationship with an adult child. 

He's a narcissist and narccisists will always see you in the place where they had the most control over you no matter how much you have grown or changed. Kody is trying to keep everyone in the places where he had the most control over them. 

I wonder genuinely where Janelle and Kody are at right now. I think she genuinely loves Flagstaff, I wouldn't be surprised if she's staying because she loves Flagstaff and a seperation while living in the same community would be really hard. Janelle strikes me as the type that would need to make a clean break and that's not possible while staying in Flagstaff. 

• Upvote 15

I feel bad for Janelle because she seemed to really enjoy her relationship with Kody (go figure).  But since he withdrew his presence from their lives for 9 months, she is probably used to being separated. I hope she keeps her lot at coyote pass because she enjoys it there, too. I also feel bad for Christine's long heartbreak and being gaslit about her neediness by the 'Doosh.

• Upvote 11

On 1/6/2022 at 12:47 PM, LacyMay said:

Someone mentioned earlier that Robyn seems to have a lot of trauma built up from her first marriage.

I agree. I think it was awful from the beginning and never improved.  I'd bet her guilt from being pregnant made it even worse. I remember after they moved to LV, Robyn was pregnant with Sol and they went furniture shopping for his nursery. She said she had never had a crib for her babies. This really struck me as being very sad; I'd consider a crib a given. But I think the bad marriage was compounded with them having very little money. I think they lived in a trailer and didn't always have electricity/heat. Kody, with all his faults, must have seemed like a great catch to Robyn. He has always been good to her kids and got along really well with Dayton. I remember her saying something along the lines of "they clicked" and she was grateful.  The Brown family probably looked really good after what Robyn experienced--and she wanted polygamy.

Heck Robyn wanted to move to Flagstaff so that Dayton (conveniently) could stay at home while he went to school and she could help him through that. (I know Dayton is on the Autism spectrum and likely requires a little more support) 

That is not exactly how it went. When the family was discussing leaving LV Robyn said she would like to move to a location that had a school for Dayton. She wanted him to be able to live at home for at least his first year of college, to help with the adjustment. She did not say she wanted Flagstaff specifically. When they chose Flagstaff Dayton applied and was accepted at NAU. I kind of think Covid might mean Dayton will live at home during all of his college years.

They have mentioned at least one of Robyn's kids having friends, I think. The older girl talked about how she and her friends thought graduating in 2020 was a cool year to graduate. And then Covid took their graduation ceremony. Wasn't Dayton in that 4 wheeler accident with friends when he got the gash near his eye? The show hasn't mentioned friends of Truly or Savannah, just the older kids.

Janelle mentioned that they didn't raise sheeple and they raised kids with their own thoughts and opinions...and I think that's 100% true for the first 3 wives. But Robyn's kids will go with whatever keeps Robyn happy and keeps them from having to function as young adults. 

I don't think Robyn's kids are that isolated or refusing to function as young adults. Covid changed the lives of many young adults. (I know numerous college students and graduates who moved home when Covid hit.) Robyn's kids are younger than Gabe or Garrison, were in high school when Covid began, and likely don't have the same level of freedom and independence. And they won't have it for a while yet. I have always gotten the feeling that Robyn's kids were really close to her because of what they all experienced during Robyn's first marriage. I think the wives may have raised the kids to have their own thoughts and opinions but I'm not sure Kody is okay with that. He seems to want loyalty to himself from everyone and isn't interested in their opinions if they differ from his. He is way overboard with his Covid rules and won't entertain any other thoughts on them. I'm careful and higher risk but even I think he's over the top. I wonder why-Robyn, her kids, and Kody don't seem to be high risk. Janelle is but takes normal precautions. Why is Kody so excessive?

One thing about Robyn that people seem to be missing is that SHE is the wife who argues with Kody and stands up to him. The other wives have mentioned that in previous seasons. I distinctly recall Christine being amazed at Robyn challenging Kody repeatedly and Christine said something like, "You can DO that? Stand up to Kody?" They mentioned they were shocked at how Robyn spoke to Kody at times. She isn't always the "obedient" wife Kody describes. I do think she loves Kody and has had a huge improvement in her life since marrying him. She's following his rules because he is living with her, she has young kids and wants them to have their father around on a regular basis. Her three older kids didn't have that.

I kind of agree that Kody married Robyn for love. It was a choice he made that changed the family dynamics completely. I think that while she might stand up to Kody and openly disagree with him she also knows how to keep him happy and tries very hard to do that. The other wives might be kind of done with that much effort. I know I would be! 

It seems odd to me that the other wives didn't stand up to Kody and disagree with him, especially since Meri appeared to dominate. Kody apparently allowed her to dictate that each wife got the same amount of money each month despite the fact that Janelle and Christine had six kids each. Meri said it would be "punishing" her for not being able to have more children if she got less money than the other wives. Janelle mentioned not being able to afford to feed her kids while Meri and Mariah had extra money to spend as they wished. 

Since Christine has now left Kody I wonder if he will build a big house on their property for himself and the three remaining wives. Christine was the one who was against the idea of one big house. Janelle liked the idea. I think Meri was okay with it. He COULD build a big house for them all to gather together and have Meri live in it. He and Robyn build a house together, and Janelle builds her house. He can come and stay with Janelle if they want that. It's clear that Meri is out. That way is less expensive than building 5 big homes. I don't thing Janelle would need a huge house. She's more practical and is nearly an empty nester. Or, will they sell the property?

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

On 1/18/2022 at 12:27 AM, LacyMay said:

The more we talk about how Kody failed by not communicating his rules earlier the more pissed off I get that they didn't even make these rules as a family. Like Christine and Janelle and Meri had *no input at all* 

That's just sad. 

Janelle's boys are very impressive young men, when Kody asked what happens if Janelle gets sick there was no hesitation those two would have dropped anything to take care of her. The fact that Kody didn't recognize that and take pride in them for that (and got pissy because it was the "wrong answer") is just another addition to his ever growing portfolio of shittiness.

He may have dramatically underestimated the social capital that Christine has. He could get away with how he's treated Meri because she also made mistakes and treated others poorly at times. I think he knew that people would struggle seeing her as a blameless victim and be less likely to question his actions. I don't know that this will play out as easily for him. 

It is so heartbreaking painful to see Ysabel and Gabe being treated so badly! Who would not give them both a bug hug and dry their tears. I would like to grab Kody by his muppet mop and shake him for hurting these kids. The aftermath of them grappling with the fact their dad has psychologically left the family and doesn't (if he he ever capable of it) care about them anymore.  Kody is an unfeeling and conscienceless cad.

And the seething disdain in Kody's voice as he talks to Gabe about his mom! He really used these covid rules as a way to exit the family, then gaslight and blame the other family members for him being gone (I dunno who he blames for him not calling or texting his kids).

Kody seems like the sort that acts and reacts like an amoeba, so I don't know if he gave any forethought to how his actions would play out or poorly he would be portrayed on film in rejecting Christine vs.rejecting Meri. He doesn't realize he is acting out or how he appears to others because I am sure he feels his beliefs are true and hus actions are reasonable.

I hope Janell makes like Christine and takes her piece of the buy to purchase some financial security, like Christine's duplex. 

Robyn, watch out! If he turned on his other wives/kids, he can turn on you!

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

I hope Janell makes like Christine and takes her piece of the buy to purchase some financial security, like Christine's duplex. 

Robyn, watch out! If he turned on his other wives/kids, he can turn on you!

Janelle is savvy enough that if she did leave I think she would make sure that herself and her kids were secure and well taken care of. Not at the expense of the other kiddos but she knows what she's entitled to and will have no problems claiming it. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

This article includes a video clip of this Sunday’s show. It’s almost 3 minutes and is an extension of what we saw in the teaser where Christine said Kody no longer wants an intimate marriage with her. https://people.com/tv/sister-wives-kody-not-interested-in-having-intimate-marriage-with-christine/

I’m glad Christine refused to allow Kody to treat her that way any longer. She points out the double standard that he would still have intimacy with Janelle and Robyn while she would be expected to settle for a platonic relationship with him.

I’ve only ever seen a few good things in Kody: he didn’t force his religion on his kids and in the past he seemed to be an involved parent who cared about his children. This season he barely interacts with his kids and when he does it’s only to belittle them. He comes across as a narcissistic, controlling asshole. I wish Meri and Janelle would follow Christine’s lead.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I don’t think Christine should rush into another relationship. But when she’s ready, I hope she finds someone that treats her way better than Kody. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think Christine should rush into another relationship. But when she’s ready, I hope she finds someone that treats her way better than Kody. 

I wanted to relate this story. My friend at church had a husband who seemed great. I always thought she was so lucky to have him. He did these great home improvement projects and did all sorts of cool things to their house. He had a shop snd enjoyed wood working and making furniture. He was a great dad and was involved with their kids and their activities.

I know one complaint he had was always having kids in the house as my friend babysat their grandkids while their mother went to school and worked (their son fathered a child in high school or shortly thereafter).

So when the last kid was a senior or the year after, my friend's husband had a midlife crisis and left his family (and his tools and his workshop) and moved in with a woman with whom he worked. He started drinking which he had never done in his life. He had little contact with or interest in his children or grandchildren. Meanwhile, his girlfriend's teenage daughter had 2(!) kids (all of whom live with them). He became enamored of these childrwn and post their pics on his social media while having little contact or interest in his own grands.

Does this remind you of anyone? It is  cold comfort to realize he is not the only cad 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3

On 1/19/2022 at 1:58 PM, LacyMay said:

Janelle is savvy enough that if she did leave I think she would make sure that herself and her kids were secure and well taken care of. Not at the expense of the other kiddos but she knows what she's entitled to and will have no problems claiming it. 

And it appears if they dump the 'Doosh, they still get to be on the show.

• Upvote 5

On 1/20/2022 at 8:02 PM, Queen Of Hearts said:

Is it Sunday yet?

Yes, it's Sunday! Shout out to @ifosterkittens: hope you were on vacation or something else fun, but missed your recap. They are great!

Last night I saw "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown at the local school. Seeing Charlie Brown eat lunch alone or get no valentines or fail every which way is (vaguely) amusing in the comic strip.  But seeing a real person Charlie Brown alone in the school lunchroom, everyone having valentines but him, etc. Made me feel helpless and uncomfortable.

The same is true with Sister Wives. I love hating me some Kody (and Robyn) as much as everybody else. It has certainly been entertaining over the years but I feel bad watching these raw, painful scenes with Christine and Gabe and Garrison. I guess reality TV is voyeuristic in nature, and these people put theirselves on tv and make money from this from being exploited by Kody.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

I watched the latest episode, as I have access to Discovery Plus.
I won't spoil it, but I get really annoyed this season with Kody talking about 'his' houses. 
The only one that's even partially his legally (unless they have wills that specifically say this), is Robyn's.

Now, Robyn's kids need a lot of help, and I sincerely hope they get it. They've seen traumatizing things in her first marriage and the panic attacks and things they've recorded are just really sad. 
They acted like they'd been locked in a room for years when they saw Meri an episode or two ago.

Robyn lords the little kids over everyone. 
The baby might not like not seeing Kody, but his older kids probably had similar feelings when they all had separate homes. 
The baby also seems to hold the house hostage with her 10 pm- whenever raves. 

As per Covid guidelines. 
We follow what the CDC says. However, I live with someone 95, with a trachea hole in her throat. She had major respiratory problems before Covid. We mask, we social distance, and we limit exposure. Even her doctors have said we're being smart. Yes Solomon with RSV might have had an issue, but Robyn having pneumonia and likening it to something similar to my family member? That's just extra UNLESS she has a few conditions we don't know about (I asked a theoretical during her last respiratory appointment), which we all know Breeder Robyn probably didn't have because then she wouldn't have made a good breeder. 
Also, the dancing video just annoyed me. Robyn is as awful as Kody. I hope Janelle gets out.

Yes, I'm opinionated today. LOL

• Upvote 8

On 1/18/2022 at 1:27 AM, LacyMay said:

Also the fact that Janelle's mom just died, her kids lost their grandmother and his main concern was not testing positive so that he could be with Robyn for Christmas because "Robyn wouldn't forgive him"? Did he seriously imply that Robyn would hold a grudge because him and Janelle went to her mother's funeral? If so.... That is just horrible on her part. And if what he said isn't true it is terrible on his part. 

Especially since Janelle's mother was Kody's father's second wife and she and Kody's mom were sister wives.

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Especially since Janelle's mother was Kody's father's second wife and she and Kody's mom were sister wives.

Robyn said that Ariella May would not know Kody if he was gone four days.

And it's like 'Do you feed her paint chips?' Because kids are usually surprisingly resilient and they could make it a game. Daddy will be back in four days, let's count down and do fun things until he gets home... 
Or something. But Robyn seems convinced if he's out of her clutches for five minutes he's just going to leave--but then in the next week's teaser Robyn says 'this is not just something you can walk away from.'

Get some therapy Robyn.

If I remember correctly, she walked away from her divorce because she didn't want to end up paying money to her ex because she had some TLC money AND didn't want to have to stay in a specific area for child visits. He said 'I'll sign, but you take some of our debt and I don't pay you.' And she signed because she wanted to be on the show. 

• Upvote 10

SW S16 Ep8 Two Cliques (tonight is episode 10, so two episodes behind)

Meri and Robyn meet at Coyote Pass. A week ago, the adults gathered, and Kody handed out the rules Meri joked Robyn made the rules, and Robyn didn’t take it as a joke. Meri apologizes. Robyn in a STH said she knows now it was Meri showing her support. Meri tells Robyn no one understands her. Robyn in a STH said someone needs blamed for the rules, and she’s an easy target. Meri tells Robyn since they’ve both been following the rules Meri should have been able to see Robyn’s kids. Robyn said she agrees, and she told Kody, and said Kody agreed. Robyn told Kody he needed to tell the wives the rules so Meri and Robyn could get together without the appearance of wrongdoing. Robyn said Kody said to Robyn she and the kids could see Meri, and Robyn said tell the other wives first. Meri doesn’t understand why. Meri in a STH said the rules don’t really matter because Janelle and Christine aren’t following the rules and are getting together. Christine in a STH said she and Janelle, and the kids got together during COVID. Christine said they followed CDC guidelines before getting together. Christine in the STH said she assumed Meri was getting together with Robyn and her kids because they are all so careful with following the rules. Christine said it broke her heart to hear Meri has been all alone. Meri in a STH said in the past she was jealous if she felt she wasn’t getting enough time with Kody. Meri in the STH said her relationship with Kody has changed, and she’s not jealous, but she is sad. Robyn tells Meri she didn’t sign up for monogamy. Robyn in the STH said from the day she joined the family she’s been begging to be a part of the family and is tired of being questioned. Robyn tells Meri having Kody around all the time is stressing her out, and she’s worried about the kids and wives who aren’t seeing Kody.  

Robyn tells Meri her (Robyn’s) mom calls her (Robyn) the Brown family scapegoat. Meri says that must be a difficult position, but at least she’s part of the Brown family. Meri tells Robyn she’s an outsider. Meri in a STH said she doesn’t feel like part of the family, and while she technically has a husband does, she really? Meri questions ss she a sister wife? Robyn said Kody will say he needs to call or see Meri, and that gives Robyn hope. Meri said it is nice he says it, she wishes he would do it. Meri tells Robyn Kody said they (Meri and Kody) can be friends, and Robyn said that is a door that is a little bit opened. Robyn in a STH said Meri has mourned the marriage she lost, which is sad, and it’s gone, but they can create something new. Meri in a STH said it is easy to love Kody, and difficult to not feel it reciprocated. Meri in the STH said all she can do is share how she feels with Kody. Meri tells Robyn the conversation with the adults last week about Thanksgiving made her sad, and she doesn’t feel like they are a family. Robyn in a STH wonders was the culture she thought the family had, the team approach, was it all a lie she made up because that is what she wanted? Meri tells Robyn she thinks they are the only ones fighting for the family.

Janelle and Christine meet at Christine’s house to discuss the Thanksgiving conversation. Janelle tells Christine she left because she felt overwhelmed and wanted to leave before she said something she’d regret. Janelle in a STH said Kody’s Thanksgiving conversation was offensive, and she felt she was being treated like a child and decided she didn’t need to take it. Janelle and Christine said Kody started with it’s your decision, but then said you are being irresponsible, and both agreed that pushed their buttons. Christine in a STH said Janelle needs support. Christine in the STH said Janelle and Kody have a good relationship, and Janelle doesn’t do the traveling she does, and Janelle’s been isolated from Kody for a while. Christine in the STH said she visited her kids in Utah, and Maddie and Caleb out in NC. She knew Kody didn’t agree, but she did it anyway. Christine in a STH said Kody shows up once every three days, in the evening, they have dinner together, he’s on his phone, she said he will play games with Truely, then they go to bed, and he leaves after breakfast. Christine said that has been the routine since they moved to Flagstaff. Janelle tells Christine she went to go help Maddie, and she had to weigh helping Maddie vs seeing Kody. Janelle in a STH said she misses Kody, but she will choose her kids over Kody if forced to choose.

Robyn in a STH said it hurt her feelings when Janelle said her boys would do whatever Christine did for Thanksgiving. Christine in a STH said she shared the rules with Aspyn and Mykelti. Aspyn called Christine in a tears and said she couldn’t follow the rules that would allow her to visit for Christmas, so since she couldn’t come for Christmas she (Aspyn) invited Christine to her house for Thanksgiving. Janelle in a STH said she will not choose to have Thanksgiving dinner with Robyn, Robyn’s kids, Meri and Kody instead of having Thanksgiving with Gabe and Garrison. Janelle and Christine wonder how Robyn and the kids have managed to follow the rules. Robyn in a STH said it hasn’t been easy, but her kids respect their dad, and would rather see him then have a social life. Janelle told Christine she had to find balance for her mental health. Janelle in the STH said for the first two-four weeks of COVID was worse for her than post-partum with Gabe. Janelle and Christine agree they will play it by ear to get together for Thanksgiving in Utah. Meri in a STH said Christine and Janelle have each other’s backs. Janelle in a STH said Christine was the primary parent at home when her kids were young while she worked, and they are incredibly attached to Christine. Christine in a STH said Gwen and Ysabel are obsessed with Janelle and see her as a strong, courageous, and independent. Christine in a STH said she can’t please all the adults and chooses to please her kids instead.  

Meri goes to Robyn’s house to see the kids after begging Robyn and Kody for months. Solomon is adorable when he gets permission to touch Meri. Ariella tells Meri she missed her and initiates a group hug. Robyn’s kids tell Meri about a video they saw of Robyn dancing when she was 18, and Sol said Robyn was breakdancing. Robyn in a STH said she had a few moves. They show the video of Robyn dancing at 18. Meri in a STH said it warms her heart to feel as important to Robyn’s kids as they are to her.

Robyn gathers her kids to tell them Janelle and Christine and their kids won’t be attending Thanksgiving. Robyn tells the kids Kody made a list of rules to attend Thanksgiving, and Janelle and Christine’s families are not able to follow the rules. Aurora asks they aren’t able to, or they choosing not to? Robyn said she doesn’t know; she knows Gabe has a girlfriend and a social life. Robyn says Janelle and her kids are traveling to Utah to have Thanksgiving with Janelle’s sister. Robyn in a STH wonders how it will make her kids feel, and wonders will they be bitter and not want to get together with the family because the others don’t want to get together with them. Robyn said Christine and her kids are going to Aspyn’s house for Thanksgiving. Aurora said they constantly say we should get together but are now saying screw it. Robyn in the STH said she doesn’t want to say it’s not true, because it is true. Robyn said Christine wants to get together but would rather to go Aspyn’s. Robyn in a STH said it is natural Christine wants to see her kids who have moved out, but you can’t do that in a plural family, and wonders where Kody would go if all the moms did that. Robyn’s kids are excited Meri is joining them for Thanksgiving, and Dayton seems surprised. Aurora starts to cry and says she would like to see the family for Thanksgiving. Robyn in a STH doesn’t want her kids to feel rejected and sad, but they do and so does she.  

Meri in a STH said she typically does the turkey, Janelle does pies, Christine does rolls, and Robyn does a relish tray. (In order to create drama—my opinion not said on the show) Robyn asked if she could do the turkey, and Meri said go for it, but Meri also brought a turkey—one made from rice krispies shaped like a turkey with candy spilling out of it. Kody in a STH said it is quiet and peaceful with just 8 people. Kody said one year in Vegas they had lots of extended family and had nearly 80 for Thanksgiving. Kody in the STH said he and Meri don’t have a strained relationship, nor do they have a full marriage. Robyn and Meri agree they work well together in the kitchen for holidays. Kody in a STH would never want to have wives share a kitchen again.

All of Christine’s kids (and spouses) gather at Aspyn’s for Thanksgiving. Mykelti says she’ll do whatever you say, and Christine said that’s the favorite thing you ever said to me, and Mykelti said I said it to Aspyn. Christine in a STH said she and Janelle hoped to gather but decided not to because of the COVID risk. Christine in a STH said Ysabel is still in pain after her spinal surgery (guessing two months post-op). Christine said Thanksgiving with just her kids was wonderful and relaxing and things are stressful and hard at home. Christine in a STH was glad she didn’t let COVID control her life, and she got to see her kids.

Janelle, Garrison, Gabe, and Savannah have Thanksgiving at Janelle’s sister’s house in Utah. Janelle in a STH said she didn’t think to call Kody on Thanksgiving because she was busy having fun. Christine in a STH said they did a video chat with Robyn’s crowd on Thanksgiving. Robyn in a STH said it is a prick to her heart not everyone is at Thanksgiving. Meri in a STH said she’s sad Janelle and Christine didn’t choose to celebrate Thanksgiving with them. Meri said she could have gone to her mom’s or Mariah’s. Kody in a STH said covid has been a strain on the family, and those at his Thanksgiving have been easy about the rules, and he is aware of those who are loyal to him, and those who are not. Kody in a STH said it is respect and loyalty; and loving a man is respecting him.  Janelle in a STH said she thought loyalty and respect were mutual in marriage, not one sided. Kody in a STH said Thanksgiving was quiet, easy and peaceful; he also said you want an easy life be a monogamist.

Next week: Janelle’s mother passes, Christmas, Gabe and Kody’s conversation at CP.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

I can think of no one more deserving of sucking up his own spit through a straw than Kody Brown. That was one of my favorite scenes from tonight’s episode.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

I can think of no one more deserving of sucking up his own spit through a straw than Kody Brown. That was one of my favorite scenes from tonight’s episode.

I was gagging, but also happy it was him.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

Meri in a STH said she’s sad Janelle and Christine didn’t choose to celebrate Thanksgiving with them. Meri said she could have gone to her mom’s or Mariah’s. 

Did they say why Mariah didn’t want to spend Thanksgiving with Meri? Or Why Meri didn’t want to spend Thanksgiving with Mariah?

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

Robyn said that Ariella May would not know Kody if he was gone four days.

And it's like 'Do you feed her paint chips?' Because kids are usually surprisingly resilient and they could make it a game. Daddy will be back in four days, let's count down and do fun things until he gets home... 

Ariella May was 4. 

Truly was a little younger when they moved to Vegas and were in the rentals with Kody going house to house, I'm confident that she went 4 days at that age without seeing Kody (and lived to tell the tale) 

We forget that when Robyn plays the "younger kids" card that Truly is only a year and a half older than King Sol. 

Hell Ariella May is the same age now that Truly was when she was in the hospital, Did 4 year old Truly forget who her siblings/the other moms were? Hell did Solomon forget who Truley was? 

Kody (and maybe Robyn but I'll give her some benefit of the doubt as not to make her the scapegoat) has conveniently developed some brand new beliefs and philosophies around parenting now that just happen to dramatically favor Sol and Ari. Funny that these two have been prioritized in a way that none of the other ones were. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

Did they say why Mariah didn’t want to spend Thanksgiving with Meri? Or Why Meri didn’t want to spend Thanksgiving with Mariah?

No, they didn't address what Mariah wanted or her plans. Meri in a STH said she could have celebrated with her mom or with Mariah but chose to celebrate with the family. I think Meri celebrated with Kody, Robyn and Robyn's kids as a strategic move. Meri is showing Kody loyalty and respect (his words) by following his rules and making the Brown family a priority. I doubt it mattered to Kody, but at least Meri can say she is making the effort. It created a few story lines for filming: the wives and children who prioritized Kody, the turkey nonsense, and discussion of one kitchen. 

Perhaps Mariah and Audrey celebrated with Audrey's family or elected not to travel and gather with anyone else because it was November 2020, and no one had the vaccine yet. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, LacyMay said:

Kody (and maybe Robyn but I'll give her some benefit of the doubt as not to make her the scapegoat) has conveniently developed some brand new beliefs and philosophies around parenting now that just happen to dramatically favor Sol and Ari. Funny that these two have been prioritized in a way that none of the other ones were. 

That is because Sol and Ari matter, as opposed to the rest, who sadly, do not.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic