IGNORED

Sister Wives 7: One Down and Three to Go

Coconut Flan

We know Meri wasn't all alone for nine months.  Her IG showed Mariah passing through and regular visits to Parawan.  

• Upvote 8

The wives have all mentioned at different times that they don’t interfere in the other marriages, so it does make me wonder…who does Kody talk to when he needs advice? 

• Upvote 1

Few more thoughts about Robyn…

I wonder if she’s slightly embarrassed that her kids don’t appear to have social lives to miss out on like Janelle’s kids. For eight months her older teens were just fine staying home all the time with mom, step dad, siblings, the nanny, and her husband?

I really think Robyn wants a polygamist marriage and doesn’t want Kody all to herself. A lot has been said about Janelle and Christine and their kids not getting to see Kody. I think Robyn’s feelings were hurt that none of her sister wives (outside of Meri) are attached enough to her to want to spend Thanksgiving with her.
To make matters worse, (apparently) none of Janelle and Christine’s kids were interested in spending time with her kids either and instead chose their other siblings/friends. That must give her (and possibly her kids) some type of inferiority complex and make them feel like they weren’t invited to sit at the cool kids table at lunch…never mind that in exchange they have…dad!

I think Robyn really wants the family to stay together because she does want to be in a polygamist marriage and at least she knows her spot in this pecking order (and it’s a pretty good one). If everyone else leaves she’ll have to be the one finding new wives for Kody…and they could be younger, cuter, and ready to have lots of babies (which Kody loves) and she’ll be the old wife with the houseful of teenagers. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

Robyn's living a big case of be careful what you ask for (manipulate for), you just might get it.  

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

Doesn’t anyone have group chat on this show.. Why isn’t Cody keeping in contact with his kids this way?? 

This has been bugging me for ages. From what is posted here it looks like I communicate better with random people at bus stops vs what they do as a “family” And that was pre-COVID! You can’t be on the same page if you don’t know what page, chapter or even BOOK it is!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

59 minutes ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

Doesn’t anyone have group chat on this show.. Why isn’t Cody keeping in contact with his kids this way?? 

I’ve wondered that too! Surely they all have smartphones and he has their numbers???

Edited by DalmatianCat
Typo
  • Upvote 5

God I hate group chat with a fiery passion. But there is such thing as texting and FaceTime. So these people should be communicating more. 

• Upvote 9

Robyn telling her kids about Christine and Janelle spending Thanksgiving in Utah seems so much more dramatic than it needed to be. 

Aurora crying on the couch just seemed over the top, she was 18 years old. She was still spending the Holidays with her parents, siblings and Meri. I just don't understand the reaction.

Also it seems like Aspyn and Mitch were super supportive of Ysabel when she had her surgery, she seems to have a close relationship with that group and after having a rough September I think she probably enjoyed her Holiday a lot more than she would have. Christine mentioned that Ysabel was still feeling a bit crummy so so the "smaller" get together with just the 9 of them was probably a lot nicer for her than doing the Holiday with 15 people especially since I don't think that Kody could do a low key gathering with everyone if his life depended on it. 

Edited by nelliebelle1197
Multiple of same post!
  • Upvote 5

It’s hard to feel bad for Kodywhen he yanked poor Gabe all over the place and forced him to move when he didn’t want to move from Las Vegas. And then the whole Ysabel issue. Kind of sucks when chickens coming home to roost, doesn’t it, Kody.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

50 minutes ago, LacyMay said:

Robyn telling her kids about Christine and Janelle spending Thanksgiving in Utah seems so much more dramatic than it needed to be. 

Aurora crying on the couch just seemed over the top, she was 18 years old. She was still spending the Holidays with her parents, siblings and Meri. I just don't understand the reaction. Aurora honestly seemed more upset about this than Ysabel did about Kody not going with her for her surgery.

I totally get Aurora being so upset. That was November 2020, and she’d been isolated for 9 months. At that point everyone in my family had a few people in their extended pod, but the older kids especially were a complete emotional wreck if plans got cancelled or they couldn’t see anyone outside of their immediate household. Just utter wrecks. 

I thought it was pure evil the way Robin told the kids that Janelle and Christine and their siblings wouldn’t be there for Thanksgiving. Purposefully making them feel unloved. She easily could have instead made a point of how everyone would be together for Christmas, or how it had been a long time since they’d seen their out-of-town grown kids, or anything else.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

On 12/27/2021 at 10:56 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My guess is for the show. If there wasn’t a show to film, I think Meri probably would have been gone by now. I have a feeling Janelle is a loner like me and doesn’t care if she gets any attention from Kody. As long as her kids get some attention from him. 

Janelle seems to like Kody and miss having him around. How and why that is possible I am clueless.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

Janelle seems to like Kody and miss having him around. How and why that is possible I am clueless.

She probably does miss him. But she seems to do just fine without him. I don’t think Robyn could ever be fine alone. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

He doesn't care and isn't interested in them as individuals.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, LacyMay said:

Aurora crying on the couch just seemed over the top, she was 18 years old. She was still spending the Holidays with her parents, siblings and Meri. I just don't understand the reaction.

Also it seems like Aspyn and Mitch were super supportive of Ysabel when she had her surgery, she seems to have a close relationship with that group and after having a rough September I think she probably enjoyed her Holiday a lot more than she would have. Christine mentioned that Ysabel was still feeling a bit crummy so so the "smaller" get together with just the 9 of them was probably a lot nicer for her than doing the Holiday with 15 people especially since I don't think that Kody could do a low key gathering with everyone if his life depended on it. 

Aurora crying on the couch just seemed over the top, she was 18 years old. She was still spending the Holidays with her parents, siblings and Meri. I just don't understand the reaction. Aurora honestly seemed more upset about this than Ysabel did about Kody not going with her for her surgery.

If Aurora was told other teenagers visiting was cancelled after she had isolated for 9 months with her Ka-douchie dad and "sobbin' Robyn" , I'm surprised she didn't throw herself out the window. I remember how happy I was to see the grocery store employees after being off work to isolate for covid, and it had only been a couple of weeks.

• Upvote 5

I agree that Robyn’s older kids probably do feel rejected. Blended families are hard, and her three oldest came into a family with a dozen other kids who had all been raised together by stay-at-home mom Christine during the day. Since Robyn also became a stay-at-home mom when she joined the family, and because her three eldest were already school-aged, her kids were never blended into the Christine stay-at-home group in the same way. 

Honestly, I think it was Christine’s displacement as *the* stay-at-home mom that really shifted things for the family. They had a centralized system where the other wives depended on Christine for childcare, and she depended on them for income. When Robyn came in, it threw off the balance. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I thought it was pure evil the way Robin told the kids that Janelle and Christine and their siblings wouldn’t be there for Thanksgiving. Purposefully making them feel unloved. She easily could have instead made a point of how everyone would be together for Christmas, or how it had been a long time since they’d seen their out-of-town grown kids, or anything else.

But then she wouldn’t have been able to play victim so……

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

Honestly, I think it was Christine’s displacement as *the* stay-at-home mom that really shifted things for the family. They had a centralized system where the other wives depended on Christine for childcare, and she depended on them for income. When Robyn came in, it threw off the balance. 

But all 3 original wives were displaced (and demoted) and their whole system of functioning disrupted, with almost a decade of miserable fall-out for their viewers to watch. Kody essentially became a monogamist, subjecting his first 3 wives to blame, gas-lighting, financial ruin and unnecessary moves to disrupt their and his 13 children's lives, for what purpose?  Make himself happy? Make the family dynamics work? Fodder for their show?

If Kody had made a clean break from polygamy when he married Robyn, it would have made a clearer path (however traumatic) for everybody. I doubt Kody at that point knew what he wanted (and Robyn protests she wants the big polygamous family) plus what about the show?

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

But all 3 original wives were displaced (and demoted) and their whole system of functioning disrupted, with almost a decade of miserable fall-out for their viewers to watch. Kody essentially became a monogamist, subjecting his first 3 wives to blame, gas-lighting, financial ruin and unnecessary moves to disrupt their and his 13 children's lives, for what purpose?  Make himself happy? Make the family dynamics work? Fodder for their show?

I doubt Kody at that point knew what he wanted…

Just to add…even before Robyn arrived, the family always had lots of money drama, wives filing for bankruptcy, moved quite a bit, and living separately. 
At the time the show started they do seem like life had settled down for them and they had all found a way to live together and co-exist as a family in the Lehi house. I’m basing this off how happy and well-adjusted the kids seemed and how stable the wives came across as compared to now. The setup was apparently working (mama drama over who was allowed to tromp through who’s apartment aside).

Kody does seem like the type who is attracted to chaos and can’t just let a good thing be and has to do something to disrupt it. Even without Robyn joining the family he probably would have come up with a reason to dismantle they system they had all settled in.

Does anyone who read their book know how long they actually lived in the Lehi house all together?

• Upvote 14

2 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

Just to add…even before Robyn arrived, the family always had lots of money drama, wives filing for bankruptcy, moved quite a bit, and living separately.

Kody does seem like the type who is attracted to chaos and can’t just let a good thing be and has to do something to disrupt it. Even without Robyn joining the family he probably would have come up with a reason to dismantle they system they had all settled into.

I would like to see a Christine-Janelle spinoff with an episode where they meet with a financial consultant to plan for their futures. I would like Kody and Robyn to not be on the show and have to get jobs.

I agree Kody seems to generate/thrive on chaos. He reminds me of people I've known with addiction problems. Which just shows, as my mother always says, there's more than one way to be crazy.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

Does anyone know what their situation is now?  I confess to being frustrated at being chronologically behind where they are now.  What are they doing?  Anyone know anything current?

• Upvote 3

This is based off what they share on their public Instagrams which is:

1) Christine and Truely are living in Utah and she seems to regularly see Mykelti, her baby, and Aspyn. Ysabel lives with Maddie in North Carolina and where Gwen and Paedon live is undetermined (but not with either parent). She never shares about Kody.

2) Janelle lived on the property over the summer in a trailer. Savannah and one of the boys *may* have lived with her as well.

3) Meri seems to have a pretty active social life and group of friends she spends time with and never shares about time spent with family. Either she’s doing it to protect their privacy or she doesn’t spend much time with them.

4) Kody and Robyn stay off social media in general and haven’t shown up on any of the sister wives or kids social media in years. 

Edited by DalmatianCat
Typo
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8

26 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

Regrettably, Christine, Janelle, and Maddie are all pushing Plexus, and have a separate Instagram account dedicated to it (it has 30,000 followers!):

https://instagram.com/the_secret_to_selfcare?utm_medium=copy_link

I know Christine and Maddie used to sell Lularoe, and Meri still does.

6643BF41-E6CA-448D-9EC3-BB015132F5D2.png

Well they are Mormon! I doubt you could find a female Mormon over the age of 40 that has never tried their hand at an MLM. I might be overgeneralizing here but MLMs are a part of the Mormon culture now. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic