IGNORED

Sister Wives 7: One Down and Three to Go

Coconut Flan

Well hot damn! 

Last season while talking about what would happen if someone got COVID Kody makes a big point of saying that if someone got sick in the family he would have to be there...

"If Robyn was to get sick my first reaction would be that I need to be there to nurse her and take care of Solomon and Ariella (I guess her 16,17 or 20 year olds couldn't do that?) Yes if you are sick and need to be taken care of, I'm going to come and do it and that would go for any wife period." 

I guess that only applies to COVID? Or wives? Because he sure as hell didn't feel that same inclination to take care of Ysabel or even help Christine take care of her. 

• Upvote 19
  • Disgust 1

3 minutes ago, LacyMay said:

Well hot damn! 

Last season while talking about what would happen if someone got COVID Kody makes a big point of saying that if someone got sick in the family he would have to be there...

"If Robyn was to get sick my first reaction would be that I need to be there to nurse her and take care of Solomon and Ariella (I guess her 16,17 or 20 year olds couldn't do that?) Yes if you are sick and need to be taken care of, I'm going to come and do it and that would go for any wife period." 

I guess that only applies to COVID? Or wives? Because he sure as hell didn't feel that same inclination to take care of Ysabel or even help Christine take care of her. 

Yeah, somehow I don't see him dropping everything for Meri either...

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

I haven't watched Sunday's episode yet, but if Robyn has a nanny what is Kody's reasoning for why he can't be there for Ysabel's surgery? Kody wouldn't be able to see Robyn's kids and Savannah for 5-6+ weeks, (two weeks quarantine in NJ before surgery, one-two weeks (minimum) of surgery/recovery, two weeks quarantine once he got back to Flagstaff). It might be difficult for Robyn's younger kids to understand why, but sometimes sacrifices have to be made. With FaceTime/Zoom etc the kids could "see" and talk to him daily if desired. 

Kody clearly isn't staying in Flagstaff for Meri. Janelle and her kids (mainly Savannah) have visited Maddie so figure a week visit and two-week quarantine when they get home means 3+ weeks of no Kody. I'm willing to bet Savannah would encourage Kody to go be with Ysabel. So, he is staying for Robyn. Robyn has a nanny so she wouldn't be alone with the kids, and while that is fine for Christine apparently it isn't acceptable to Kody for Robyn. As @LacyMaypointed out Robyn's three older kids are 16+, so they can help out with the younger kids and chores around the house. 

We all know if one of Robyn's kids was having the surgery Kody would be there in a heartbeat. That has to be crushing to Ysabel and Christine to know they aren't a priority. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

The pandemic really brought out the worst side in most people at least at some points. But oh my Gaaawwwddd Cody is SUCH a whiney entitled brat. Yuck. Also Robyn. 

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

I haven't watched Sunday's episode yet, but if Robyn has a nanny what is Kody's reasoning for why he can't be there for Ysabel's surgery?

His reasoning was literally "I would have to quarantine from the rest of the family" 

No other reasoning. He wouldn't even HUG Ysabel before she left and made a dickish comment reminding her that she needed to social distance from him. 

He doesn't even seem to be pretending to give a shit about anyone else or their kids right now and honestly. It's disgusting. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3

11 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

The pandemic really brought out the worst side in most people at least at some points. But oh my Gaaawwwddd Cody is SUCH a whiney entitled brat. Yuck. Also Robyn. 

Stress brings out cracks in the foundation of any family relationship. The fallout of Kody's divorce from Meri (which he used as an excuse to further reject her) and the distance from each other caused by the move to Flagstaff, as well as the children growing up all caused fractures in the family dynamics. Then add covid and Kody alienating everybody but Robin and her kids, and you end up with a family that isn't really a family anymore. Favoritism in a family is always destructive and the Ko-doosh doesn't even try to be fair.

• Upvote 11

Last Sunday’s episode did not contain anything about the nanny. The nanny was in the preview for next

My question about the nanny is considering that her niece or cousin or somebody was living with her when they were in Las Vegas and basically acting like a nanny why is it such a shock that there’s a nanny on the scene? I mean besides the fact that we’re dealing with Covid and Kody’s weird rules about social distancing and being a judge about it with everyone else except do you know Robyn.  

• Upvote 4

Bare with me, bc I don't follow the Browns closely, but I check in every once in awhile (bc they are...absolutely fascinating), BUT I'm trying to catch up on the drama. 

From how I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong:

> Ysabel (Christine's older teen daughter) needed spinal surgery in 2020.

> Kody made a big stink about Ysabel and Christine travelling for the surgery because he had set up "rules" for quarantining and travelling during covid, rules that conveniently also make it so he's mostly living with Robyn and let him ignore his other wives

> Kody was not aware (somehow??) the severity of Ysabel's condition. Once it becomes clear it is extreme pain that needs surgery, he is an asshole about "letting them go" but not going with them, and not even hugging or comforting Ysabel (what an asshole)

> However, despite not letting Ysabel come over, Kody allows Robyn to have a nanny. So far it's unclear to most everyone, especially Christine, why Robyn needs a nanny and why a nanny is allowed over but Ysabel isn't even to just see her dad. 

Okay, as long as all that's correct, I have another question (obviously, fast forward to 2021 we all know Christine divorces Kody amen hallelujah)........isn't it strange to have all this drama about quarantining and not seeing each other and strict rules in FRONT OF CAMERAS??? Yeah why IS the nanny there....let's also ask the camera man as well?? hey boom mic operator, what do you think about Kody not hugging Ysabel?? PA, you have any comments to add?

I would also be like fuck this, and bounce my marriage. Clearly, the whole thing sucks and proves yet again Kody is the fucking worse, but can you imagine also feeling like all this is happening and not only is Robyn and Kody's need for rules is being prioritize over your marriage and kid's health, but ALSO a show where you have to talk about it in front of a crew without acknowledging them? 

Clearly, Kody's "quarantining" is less about health and more about his control over these women, and I'm not surprised Christine peaked about it and decided to leave. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

My question about the nanny is considering that her niece or cousin or somebody was living with her when they were in Las Vegas and basically acting like a nanny why is it such a shock that there’s a nanny on the scene?

Speaking for me personally, I don't think Robyn *needed* a nanny in Vegas either but at that point she did have a 2 year old and a 7 year old (Ariella was I believe 2.5 when they moved to Arizona) she still had the older 3 but even then there is a difference between 14-16 and 16-18 

And it was a family member so it could have been some of a "so and so needed a change etc and we wanted some extra help" it doesn't look like Mindy moved to Arizona so pretty sure the new Nanny is an external person who they are paying and didn't have a pre existing relationship with. 

When the teaser for this episode was filmed Ari would have been 4.5 (or a bit older) and Solomon close to 10. 

By the time the Nanny conversation was filmed Ari had been weaned for a year+ and wouldn't require nearly as much energy/work as at age 2. 

They were quarantining, Robyn doesn't work, Kody was with them a lot of the time. They had 3 older kids between 17-21who should have been pretty self sufficient. 

Why was there a need for their to still be a nanny on the scene? For a 4.5 year old and a 10 year old? 

And how does Kody justify Robyn having a nanny while Christine was solely responsible for a kid recovering from major surgery, a 17 year old and an 11 year old? 

(I got my COVID booster and have felt like dirt for the past couple of days... So this thread and re runs of sister wives are really saving my sanity)

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, LacyMay said:

Why was there a need for their to still be a nanny on the scene? For a 4.5 year old and a 10 year old? 

And how does Kody justify Robyn having a nanny while Christine was solely responsible for a kid recovering from major surgery, a 17 year old and an 11 year old? 

How do Kody and Robyn justify not having jobs, much less a nanny, when they apparently can't afford the $850,000 roof over their heads?

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

This season is like a car crash. You can’t look away. I have always found Kody very personable in previous seasons but this season he is letting them true colours out… And those colours are dark.. 

Why can’t everyone agree that when you have adult kids and they are everywhere that quarantining at home is not always easy. Does he want Garrison  to not work??? And just stay home?? 
What would happen if something happened to Maddi or one of her kids? Kody would ge there in a heartbeat but not go with Ysabel for spinal surgery?? And the fact that he has no idea she is in pain every day. He is the worst and I love how Gabe and all the middle kids can see right through it. 

• Upvote 12

Okay...so I've been streaming the latest episodes of this season bc I'm so fascinated at their experiences during Covid.

So while Ysabel is going to have major surgery on her spine to fix her scoliosis, at the same time his grand daughter is turning one and having her leg amputated...and Kody calls all this "travelling"?? If Janelle and Christine have been quarantining within the family, then they did what was needed I think to go be with their daughters and granddaughter. Even if they bent the CDD rules, it just seems really insane that Kody is going in front of the camera and talking about these major surgeries like this, like a selfish rule breaking and disrespect to HIM. It's not good optics. It's really shocking he didn't take a moment to think that this would be broadcast and go "instead of disdainfully call my wives travelling because I'm pissed I can't control, maybe I should express some remorse that I can be there for my two daughters and grand daughter like I actually care about the major medical issues they are living through." Obviously you want to be safe for your family, but the way he talks about what is ultimately his daughter getting corrective spine surgery and his one year old grand daughter getting her leg cut off is bananas to me. Complete narcissism. So narcissistic he can't not even shoot himself in the foot because he can't see why it would come off so badly to not to talk about it in these ways. 

What I'm saying is after all that time spent on the episode about Ysabel, my mouth dropped open after the reveal that the "travelling" Janelle was doing was to be with her grand daughter who needed an amputation, not fucking around in mall of america or some shit. 

This dude SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by habert
Clarity
  • Upvote 22
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

It truly boggles my mind that after so many years of making things “work” (in a manner of speaking), both Kody and Jim Bob suddenly seem unaware of how poorly they’re coming across. Like…do they have anyone giving them PR advice? 
I honestly have a hard time believing that Kody is *that* concerned about covid…he went on tv with four wives when polygamy was still illegal. It’s not like taking risks is foreign to him. Covid is just the excuse.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

6 hours ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

What would happen if something happened to Maddi or one of her kids? Kody would ge there in a heartbeat but not go with Ysabel for spinal surgery?

Evie had her amputation surgery! Janelle went and Kody huffed around about her travelling and didn't mention a single word about his granddaughter having surgery. 

He complains about Garrison working during COVID but then has a huge hissy fit about Gabriel who has been *saving up to buy a house!* Staying in the apartment at Janelle's because he can't afford a down payment yet and apparently Janelle is coddling him. 

If these boys WORK during COVID Kody complains... If they stay at home because they can't afford to move out...he complains? 

I agree with @Jrodseyeliner in the past Kody has come off as annoying AF but tolerable... In that drunk uncle at a party way... Over the top and annoying but harmless and makes you want to roll your eyes and shake your head. 

His true self is showing now and he cares about 3 things

Himself, Robyn, her kids (and he might only care about them because it keeps Robyn happy) 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

For the situation with Ysabel’s surgery, Kody even admitted that his relationship with the kids is filtered through their respective moms (which is short enough). It seems like he probably already felt Christine was negative and exaggerating things in his relationship with her, and so simply didn’t believe her when she told him how serious things were with Ysabel. Or, maybe they weren’t really having direct communication at all. 

I’m an exceptionally COVID-careful person, to the point that I have not been on a plane or dined indoors at a restaurant all pandemic, so I really do sympathize with anyone who is struggling to get their loved ones to be safe and careful. But in this situation, I think Kody’s unwillingness to go with Ysabel for surgery really comes down to not wanting to spend all that time with Christine at a bad point in their marriage. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7

17 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

I’m an exceptionally COVID-careful person, to the point that I have not been on a plane or dined indoors at a restaurant all pandemic, so I really do sympathize with anyone who is struggling to get their loved ones to be safe and careful. But in this situation, I think Kody’s unwillingness to go with Ysabel for surgery really comes down to not wanting to spend all that time with Christine at a bad point in their marriage. 

True. I‘m very careful as well in regards to Covid. But if a loved one had to have surgery or a medical emergency I would be there no questions asked. I would put on my best mask and do everything to stay safe tough but I would be there.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Smash! said:

True. I‘m very careful as well in regards to Covid. But if a loved one had to have surgery or a medical emergency I would be there no questions asked. I would put on my best mask and do everything to stay safe tough but I would be there.

I just watched the clip of Kody saying they cannot gather at Thanksgiving.  He doesn't want to gather with the family. The family wants to gather. So he makes these rules, I think Janelle called it the 1 billion commandments of Kody, that no one can follow. Then he blames the wives' nonconformity for the reason they can't gather. Gaslighting or not gaslighting, that is the question (gaslighting 101 being in any abuser's playbook).

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

I think Kody still believes Ysabel should have waited to have the surgery until he could travel. He said Christine and Ysabel decided to do the surgery, and he agreed. I'm not convinced he thinks she should have done it without him. Ysabel turned 18 March 7, 2021, so she would have qualified for the covid vaccine ~May 2021. I can't remember exactly when they opened it to everyone 18 and older. If she got Pfizer or Moderna she would have to wait 5-6 weeks for maximum coverage, and J&J use was suspended around that time for a while (based on memory didn't fact check), so may not have been an option. So maybe mid-June 2021 Kody would have been comfortable traveling if Christine, Ysabel and he were vaccinated, but even with the vaccine the hospital probably would have required the two-week quarantine after flying cross country. Truly wouldn't have qualified for the vaccine until what October because she is 11. Would Kody be comfortable traveling now? She had the surgery in September 2020, how long does he think she should have waited? 

When the adults gathered at Christine's to see Ysabel and get the update couldn't Kody have taken a minute to acknowledge all the time and effort Christine put into making the surgery happen? It sounds like Christine has done all the legwork with getting insurance (not sure if they didn't have it before or had to get better coverage), finding the different surgery options, and Kody couldn't say thank you for making it happen? Kody didn't say to Christine, I see you are exhausted, and you have done it all on your own thank you for taking excellent care of our daughter? Kody wasn't a part of it, so no one gets any credit? 

Janelle offered to pitch a tent in the yard and give Ysabel the night meds. WTF are you doing Kody? Kody could drive from Robyn's to Christine's and mask/face shield, triple mask whatever getup he wanted, and give Ysabel the meds. Christine could put them on the counter, label this med at this time, this med at this time, and Kody could get the meds, a drink and small snack (if necessary some meds you don't want on an empty stomach) and take them to Ysabel, and get her anything else she would want/need. Kody could do the night shift and let Christine get some sleep. I don't think Kody has much of a job outside of filming, so he would be able to sleep in, go to bed early, or nap at Robyn's so he could help care for his daughter. 

I just finished this episode tonight and haven't done the recaps yet because Kody's actions and words make me so angry. Kody was willing to have Ysabel continue to suffer daily pain because he didn't want to travel for the surgery. To me that is unacceptable. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

Even if it was only for the cameras why didn't Kody, Meri, Janelle or Robyn get a list from Christine and go grocery shopping for her? Christine was gone a month, one of them couldn't have said give me a list of what you need, and all of Ysabel's favorites, anything any of you are craving, and it will be at the house when you arrive. Another filming opportunity make Ysabel a care package for when she was in NJ mail it to her, or for when she got home. Ysabel could have come home to flowers, balloons, her favorite dessert, cards on the table, banners or signs the kids made and a few presents from the adults and siblings-- something to put a smile on her face. Once Ysabel was home any of the adults could have said Ysabel I'm getting you whatever you want for lunch today, and bring over Ysabel's pick for Ysabel, Christine, Truely and Gwen. They could drop it at the door. You don't have to break the bank, but goodness couldn't they put in a little effort? 

Kody in this episode said he isn't seeing much of Janelle and Savannah, and we know he doesn't see Meri outside of filming so did Kody stay so he could be with Robyn and her kids, or did he stay with Robyn, so he didn't have to spend time with Christine? Even if Robyn didn't have a nanny I wonder if one or both of her parents could quarantine for two weeks and drive down to stay and help Robyn if that was what she wanted if Kody was gone for six weeks. What about Meri? She visited her mom, Mariah and Audrey in Utah, but once she got home, she could quarantine for two weeks and then help Robyn with the kids. 

The more I think about it the less I think it was about traveling during covid, and more Kody didn't want to spend six weeks with Christine when things were rocky between them. Could Kody and Christine have decided to split already? Or were they taking some time to consider their options? Kody chose to not help care for Ysabel once they returned. He didn't run errands for Christine to make sure she had what she needed. He wasn't dropping off meals at the door. Even if Kody and Christine had split and weren't talking to each other outside of things regarding the kids he could have been helpful, but he chose not to. Once again I see why Christine decided to leave Kody. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

The more I think about it the less I think it was about traveling during covid, and more Kody didn't want to spend six weeks with Christine when things were rocky between them. Could Kody and Christine have decided to split already? Or were they taking some time to consider their options? Kody chose to not help care for Ysabel once they returned. He didn't run errands for Christine to make sure she had what she needed. He wasn't dropping off meals at the door. Even if Kody and Christine had split and weren't talking to each other outside of things regarding the kids he could have been helpful, but he chose not to. Once again I see why Christine decided to leave Kody. 

I’m interested to hear Robyn’s perspective in talking heads on Kody’s behavior and why she didn’t assure him that she and her children (none of whom are babies are toddlers) couldn’t do without him for six weeks…or even a night. No matter how much she likes Kody (and I’m curious what she sees it him at this point), it has got to be getting exhausting to be the only person who feels obligated to go along with everything he says all the time. I wonder if she has any private worry now that she knows how Kody will treat her if their relationship is ever lacking in passion (like Janelle) or she has a rough patch (like Meri and Christine did). Kody just doesn’t seem like the kind of husband who can go the distance and make it through a difficult time with a wife with a stronger marriage.

• Upvote 10

Wait hold up.. Robyn and Kody have a nanny for their 2 kids hut they can’t see their children. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

Wait hold up.. Robyn and Kody have a nanny for their 2 kids hut they can’t see their children. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

And according to Kody, the nanny (and her husband!) don’t live on site, but both follow all their rules and are allowed at the house. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • WTF 3

I now have more questions than answers! 

If the Nanny (and her husband?!?!!) Are expected to follow all of these rules how much are the Browns paying them to make it worthwhile? 

How do they justify that cost when they appear to have just needed to take out an urgent home loan. And how does this work with the whole family finances thing? How did Janelle and Christine feel about family finances going towards a nanny for Robyn's kids when they never had that help? 

Also the Nanny (or "employee") helps with the kids and with schooling the kids... 

Robyn doesn't work. Kody doesn't work. How hard would it have been to help with homeschooling an 11th grader, 4th grader and kindergarten kid? Especially since schools were virtual and most teachers were still "teaching" 

This families finances may be more mysterious to me than the Rods and Duggars and that's saying something. 

• Upvote 16

• Coconut Flan locked this topic