IGNORED

Jana Duggar 14: Child Endangerment Charges and Howlers Supporting Her Via Meme

HerNameIsBuffy

The knee-jerk reaction for sexual sin in their cult is to blame the wife, right?  I'm sure any emotional support Anna is getting from them wouldn't fit our definitions of it.

• Upvote 8

Jana has posted her new year goals - avoiding McDonald’s, drinking more water and reading her bible. I’m not sure if the bible app thing is a paid partnership. It’s a pity she couldn’t add ‘stop being the mouthpiece for an abusive patriarchal cult’.

• Upvote 19
  • Eyeroll 6
  • I Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Jana has posted her new year goals - avoiding McDonald’s, drinking more water and reading her bible. I’m not sure if the bible app thing is a paid partnership. It’s a pity she couldn’t add ‘stop being the mouthpiece for an abusive patriarchal cult’.

I hate the “drink more water” stupidity. Unless she means drinking water instead of sugary pop. I understand that. But just forcing yourself to drink 8 glasses of water a day for health isn’t even proven to improve your health. Just drink water when you’re thirsty. Don’t force yourself to gulp more water just because some instagram influencer said you should drink 8 glasses. 

• Upvote 25

@JermajestyDuggar- oh but it’s because she loves coffee? Did you know she loves coffee? Because liking coffee  (and posing with coffee)is a substitute for an interesting personality in Duggarland- see also Jinger.

I’m surprised at the McDonald’s thing though - all her vegetable growing and home baking?

• Upvote 13

3 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

@JermajestyDuggar- oh but it’s because she loves coffee? Did you know she loves coffee? Because liking coffee  (and posing with coffee)is a substitute for an interesting personality in Duggarland- see also Jinger.

I’m surprised at the McDonald’s thing though - all her vegetable growing and home baking?

Which is always funny to me since caffeine can be addictive. Or at least give you a nasty withdrawal headache. Ask me how I know! But you would think fundies would look down on any possible chemical dependency. They won’t even take a sip of alcohol. But they will chug coffee every day? It doesn’t make that much sense to me. If you can moderate your coffee intake, why can’t you moderate your alcohol intake? Everyone drank wine in the Bible. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

Absolutely! Another cherry-picking thing they do. If JB approves it doesn't matter what anyone or any book says. They start the kids who are interested on coffee while they are still minors. Maybe JB has to have coffee, therefor it is fine for all of them.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Bobology said:

Absolutely! Another cherry-picking thing they do. If JB approves it doesn't matter what anyone or any book says. They start the kids who are interested on coffee while they are still minors. Maybe JB has to have coffee, therefor it is fine for all of them.

I just assume a lot of fundies allow it because having a million kids makes you tired. And everyone could use a boost. Especially the parents. 

• Upvote 8

I’m not surprised at her McDonald’s DRIVE THROUGH addiction. It’s cheap and easy, which is a Duggar magnet- And although French fries aren’t necessarily healthy, if you skip other meals, you’d likely maintain daily calorie intake at a healthy number. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Which is always funny to me since caffeine can be addictive. Or at least give you a nasty withdrawal headache. Ask me how I know! But you would think fundies would look down on any possible chemical dependency. They won’t even take a sip of alcohol. But they will chug coffee every day? It doesn’t make that much sense to me. If you can moderate your coffee intake, why can’t you moderate your alcohol intake? Everyone drank wine in the Bible. 

I actually knew a Christian family once who would not drink coffee or have any form of caffeine. I had some chocolate chip cookies I offered which were politely declined because they had a stimulant. I don’t even think I knew chocolate had caffeine before that…although this could explain my addiction to Hershey bars and Cadbury mini eggs 😂

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Travelfan said:

I actually knew a Christian family once who would not drink coffee or have any form of caffeine. I had some chocolate chip cookies I offered which were politely declined because they had a stimulant. I don’t even think I knew chocolate had caffeine before that…although this could explain my addiction to Hershey bars and Cadbury mini eggs 😂

The amount of caffeine in chocolate chip cookies has to be extremely low. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

I remember an elementary school classmate who couldn't eat chocolate because of a caffeine allergy. I can't remember if they could tolerate small amounts of chocolate, though. 

• Upvote 1

My kids when little could eat anything before a nap or bedtime and sleep just fine. Lollies with food colouring and additives? No worries. But chocolate kept them awake! 

• Upvote 1

On 1/1/2022 at 9:37 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet that the Duggars didn’t allow many books because 1) they take up space and they lived in a smaller house before the big house plus 2) they wanted complete control of what they were exposed to like tv and 3) they used computers a lot when it came to their schoolwork. 

I can see them using the expense of buying books (though heaven knows pretty much all thrift stores have book sections) or the hassle of keeping track of enough library books as an excuse, too.

I would have been miserable. I'm the one who would obsessively read the cereal boxes at breakfast as a kid. I started reading the newspaper in the mornings as a teen so I'd have something to read while I ate.

22 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I’m not surprised at her McDonald’s DRIVE THROUGH addiction. It’s cheap and easy, which is a Duggar magnet- And although French fries aren’t necessarily healthy, if you skip other meals, you’d likely maintain daily calorie intake at a healthy number. 

Not to mention, McDonald's is carb, salt, and fats, which humans are pretty much pre-programmed to want and like. This one I can't snark on, I'd be at the fast food drive-throughs a lot more if it weren't for the small humans I need to set an example for/pay for other things for/would have to share my fries with.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

I’m a fry snob. McDonalds has the absolute worst fries I’ve ever tasted. Give me Wendy’s fries! Now they taste like actual fries. Yum. Arby’s curly fries are good too.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Things I have zero willpower over: French fries, freshly  baked cookies (any kind), Ruffles potato chips with dip and freshly popped buttery popcorn ( which the fam damily made last night ). If a restaurant offers fries, I’m having them. I avoid buying chips and pop corn kernels and rarely bake cookies. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

On 1/3/2022 at 7:17 AM, Bad Wolf said:

The gospel today was about Mary and Joseph losing Jesus for THREE DAYS. Take heart those of us who briefly lost our wolf cubs and grand wolf cubs. Honestly, we shouldn't be trusted with anyone. We haven't lost our dog, though. Our rector referred to Jesus as a snot nosed brat :smellie_lol:

It took me faaaar too long to realise you were talking about that time in his childhood he was at the temple instead of going home with them, and not that time he was dead for 3 days and then came back.

• Haha 26

Apparently Jana's charge was settled out of court. Hate to link to Fox News, but they seem to be the only ones reporting it so far:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jana-duggar-charge-endangering-welfare-child-settled-court

"Jana's previously scheduled court appearance on Jan. 10 will not take place, a court official said."

Edited by Funwithfundies
spelling
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 14

11 hours ago, gustava said:

Might someone clarify the status of Jana's legal situation?  Will there be some sort of hearing before a magistrate/judge?

As of today, Fox News reports that Jana’s case was settled out of court.  They give no real details, so don’t bother to follow the link. 😉

I wonder how it was “settled” since she had pled not guilty.  Were the charges withdrawn?  Did she change her plea to guilty or  no-contest and pay a fine?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

It would be great to get the full story but that will never happen. I wonder why she didn’t settle this immediately? Guess they finally realize the Duggar name is no longer worth anything.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I’m not in the US so don’t know what ‘adjudicated’ means? Is it similar to a caution in English law where charges are not pursued but the defendant has admitted the offence and receives a formal caution which does go on their record, but is not a conviction? 

I expect she initially plead not guilty, asked for an extension so her lawyer could work out a settlement before the court date, and gave her explanation shortly after the deal was finalized.  

• Upvote 9

On 1/3/2022 at 4:12 PM, Travelfan said:

I actually knew a Christian family once who would not drink coffee or have any form of caffeine.

This is how many Mormons live-they won’t even drink tea. 

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I’m not in the US so don’t know what ‘adjudicated’ means?

It just means a decision was reached -a judge decided the case, but what confuses me what judgement was reached. 

• Upvote 1

The charge was likely dropped to an infraction and she paid a fine. Not surprised. That happened to a friend of mine. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic