IGNORED

Jana Duggar 14: Child Endangerment Charges and Howlers Supporting Her Via Meme

HerNameIsBuffy

4 minutes ago, imokit said:

I'm pretty sure Joy is in one of the Christmas party vids.

She is and acknowledged on her Instagram that she was ‘away for Christmas’.

I didn’t spot her at the NYE celebration on Jana’s instastory and she’s said she and Austin are taking a month away from social media.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Not just them, but all of the kids.  I know if someone in my family was going to do something so horrific I'd prefer it not be someone with the same family name.  They are public figures and now every time their names are googled this will come up.  It could come up in their interactions with the "fans" and public at any moment.  

Even if they don't care that Josh is gone as a person, I can't imagine they aren't all upset at the humiliation it's brought to the family.

My sister’s married name is a fairly common last name. A man murdered a woman a few years ago in our small town with the same last name as my sister’s family. She was so upset because she thought people would think they were related. She had to make a big Facebook post saying they aren’t related at all. The Duggar name is now tarnished. No matter how hard Jana tries to put out wholesome social media posts. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

I saw some of the older boys and the younger girls, but not Joy or Jessa. It seems we may be seeing some different family dynamics in the future. it may be happening gradually, but I think it's coming.

4 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

She is and acknowledged on her Instagram that she was ‘away for Christmas’.

I didn’t spot her at the NYE celebration on Jana’s instastory and she’s said she and Austin are taking a month away from social media.

She had said in her stories that they would be spending NYE with just their immediate family.

1 minute ago, Not that josh's mom said:

I saw some of the older boys and the younger girls, but not Joy or Jessa. It seems we may be seeing some different family dynamics in the future. it may be happening gradually, but I think it's coming.

Ben was at the NYE party so I assumed Jessa was somewhere in the crowd. But I didn’t spot her.

4 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Ben was there so presumably Jessa was as well.

ETA: @JermajestyDuggar and I posted at the same time.

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 1

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ben was at the NYE party so I assumed Jessa was somewhere in the crowd. But I didn’t spot her.

I missed Ben.

1 hour ago, backyard sylph said:

Looking at that video something struck me that has been nagging at me for years. Maybe it's been brought up here already, but the bonkers architecture of that house with dormitories, industrial kitchen, high ceilings and lights made for filming, besides being weird and uncomfortable, looks just like a place someone might describe as, "it's our home for now, but eventually we plan to turn it into an official church building with meeting rooms, ministry office, and...[whatever else they might think their growing church would need.]

In the 80s I attended, with my mom, a small church in the Kansas City area that met on the lower floor of an office building. Eventually it turned into an enormous mega church with much ensuing fame and drama (after I bailed, of c., though I did not escape some secondary drama.) Could be a Jim Bob sort of pipe dream. 

I seem to remember in either the “moving in” episode or an interview that Michelle and JB explained that they wanted a big space downstairs so they could gather groups for lectures/seminars they would give.  I think it was the “how to live debt free seminars” that they were going on about at the time.  Later I figured they were thinking of IBLP stuff, as well as their “home church” crowd.   So, yeah, they may have thought that at some point this could be the Church of Jim Bob. (Maybe they still do.)

• Upvote 11

6 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

I seem to remember in either the “moving in” episode or an interview that Michelle and JB explained that they wanted a big space downstairs so they could gather groups for lectures/seminars they would give.  I think it was the “how to live debt free seminars” that they were going on about at the time.  Later I figured they were thinking of IBLP stuff, as well as their “home church” crowd.   So, yeah, they may have thought that at some point this could be the Church of Jim Bob. (Maybe they still do.)

It’s definitely part of their “ministry.” They planned for big gatherings to minister to. 

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Not just them, but all of the kids.  I know if someone in my family was going to do something so horrific I'd prefer it not be someone with the same family name.  They are public figures and now every time their names are googled this will come up.  It could come up in their interactions with the "fans" and public at any moment.  

Even if they don't care that Josh is gone as a person, I can't imagine they aren't all upset at the humiliation it's brought to the family.

I think they are upset, but not to where it would keep them from celebrating Christmas and New Years. Compare and contrast, for example, the intensely hard grieving that is Anna's season of life now.

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

It's gross, though. I mean, that is stating the obvious about all their motivations, but not even all their kids were born and they were already planning for when they were no longer in the way, because no one would build this as a real comfortable family home. Remembering your favorite corner near a window to read your library books or how you played under the table when Mom cooked dinner, etc. 

I've been thinking more about this ever since people started talking about whether Josh and Anna, then Jessa and Ben would "inherit" the house for their masses of children. First, not from Jim Bob's living clutches. And second, who on Earth would want it? 

I just get so annoyed all over again sometimes thinking about this stupid building and its stupid baby buildings. 

• Upvote 10

Has anyone ever seen a bookshelf in the TTH? Other than wisdom booklets and the Bible did the kids grow up with books? 
Jinger seemed so confused that Jermey had books in his house as if having books was a whole new concept 

• Upvote 13

12 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Has anyone ever seen a bookshelf in the TTH? Other than wisdom booklets and the Bible did the kids grow up with books? 
Jinger seemed so confused that Jermey had books in his house as if having books was a whole new concept 

I bet that the Duggars didn’t allow many books because 1) they take up space and they lived in a smaller house before the big house plus 2) they wanted complete control of what they were exposed to like tv and 3) they used computers a lot when it came to their schoolwork. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Sweet fancy Moses, what is going on in Michelle's mind during these huge get-togethers? It would be difficult to navigate family-only gatherings at a time like this, but inviting in large numbers of non-family? I can't comprehend this at all

JB, I kind of get. He's living on JB planet and is only concerned with JB. I think of him as an evil Pigpen from the Charlie Brown comics. He's living inside an impenetrable cloud of narcissism, shady financial dealings, and power/ money machinations. I think Josh is now outside that cloud and so is of no personal concern to his father, beyond the inconvenience the rebranding/reframing or more likely, the outright ignoring that JB must employ to push forward his plot for fundie world domination.

But Michelle? I cannot comprehend what what she is doing, thinking, feeling during these mass gatherings. 

And I'm so damn curious about the state of Michelle and JB's marriage right now. I don't believe Michelle keeps sweet 100% of the time. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

It's gross, though. I mean, that is stating the obvious about all their motivations, but not even all their kids were born and they were already planning for when they were no longer in the way, because no one would build this as a real comfortable family home. Remembering your favorite corner near a window to read your library books or how you played under the table when Mom cooked dinner, etc. 

I've been thinking more about this ever since people started talking about whether Josh and Anna, then Jessa and Ben would "inherit" the house for their masses of children. First, not from Jim Bob's living clutches. And second, who on Earth would want it? 

I just get so annoyed all over again sometimes thinking about this stupid building and its stupid baby buildings. 

I don’t think they were building the house to turn it into anything when the kids were grown. I think they were building the house to be used as a meeting place and source of money while raising the kids.

They planned to “work from home” and have the meetings and “seminars” that people pay to attend while they lived in the house, possibly even thinking of expanding to offer meals at some of their events. (They have an industrial kitchen as well as the “family” kitchen they use most often.)  JB was definitely thinking big.  Maybe he even thought of renting the space out for weddings or whatever. (Before TLC donated nice furniture, they only had a few things that could probably be moved aside for rental chairs and tables.)

The idea of having cozy much less “private” spaces was never part of the Duggar way.  These people believe privacy may lead to sin.

TLC not only paid for the house as part of one of the specials but they made it unnecessary for the Duggars to need to drum up business in their house.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, waltraute said:

And I'm so damn curious about the state of Michelle and JB's marriage right now. I don't believe Michelle keeps sweet 100% of the time. 

Yes, only the truly apathetic would be able to do that. It always has to come out somewhere, sometime, although probably not in healthy or productive ways for her.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet that the Duggars didn’t allow many books because 1) they take up space and they lived in a smaller house before the big house plus 2) they wanted complete control of what they were exposed to like tv and 3) they used computers a lot when it came to their schoolwork. 

Among the things they do which I would have found intolerable as a child the lack of books would have broken me.

I was a voracious reader in part because it was my mental escape.  The fact that Jill brings her boys to the library shouldn't be seen as a remarkable feat of parenting, but in that family it is.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 8

JB could use that big, ole eyesore to give seminars on how NOT TO PARENT or how to make BETTER reproductive choices.

My parents only allowed nighttime reading. During the day we were required to be productive, helpful and physically active. We spent a great deal of time outside, even on the 100 degree plus summer days. Spring, fall and most of winter were generally safe-

• Upvote 3

As an introvert, I would absolutely hate for my home, now or as a child, to be used as a convention center. 

Josh's crimes aside, as an offspring of JB and M, and also a parent of young kids, I would not attend any open parties with multitudes of people at my parents' home. They have openly stated that child predation, whether perpetrated by children/teens/adults, is a common occurrence in their circle (and they believe it is ALL of us, not just their circle.) There is no way a parent could stay with an active child for the entire duration. Just thinking of keeping my eyes on Gideon during such an event, and never taking them off, is exhausting.

If child predation is as common as the Duggars say it is, then there HAD to be a few child predators in that house for the NYE party. That party plus many more parties/gatherings a year, year after year? Thats a dangerous setting for children and teens.

Edited by Bobology
"for"
  • Upvote 14

The gospel today was about Mary and Joseph losing Jesus for THREE DAYS. Take heart those of us who briefly lost our wolf cubs and grand wolf cubs. Honestly, we shouldn't be trusted with anyone. We haven't lost our dog, though. Our rector referred to Jesus as a snot nosed brat :smellie_lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

My mom occasionally held her Bridge club group at our house when I was a kid. I loved all the snacks she would make and I would try to sneak in and eat some without being noticed. But all the older ladies wanted to talk to me and ask me about school. I was always pretty quiet with people I didn’t know so I stayed mostly hidden on bridge club nights. I can’t imagine living in a family and home like the Duggars. Becky Bontrager made heartbreaking posts about forcing the natural shyness out of her toddlers. It was disgusting. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

The gospel today was about Mary and Joseph losing Jesus for THREE DAYS. Take heart those of us who briefly lost our wolf cubs and grand wolf cubs. Honestly, we shouldn't be trusted with anyone. We haven't lost our dog, though. Our rector referred to Jesus as a snot nosed brat :smellie_lol:

Ah but Jesus was a big boy of 12, wasn’t he?  He would have been Bar Mitzvah the next year.  So, that’s like “losing” your 17 year old.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Not that josh's mom said:

I don’t think we can really tell anything much about family conflict or distancing or bonds by the appearance at a particular family gathering. If a particular household who lives nearby goes a year or so and misses everything, that might show they are distancing / distanced. But all the married adults also have in-laws they’ll spend time with, or want to do a smaller at-home celebration, or have a sick kid, or some other conflict at times. Especially New Years Eve, if your kids are tiny, would be a time to choose to stay home, because staying up that late just doesn’t make sense.

• Upvote 6

19 hours ago, Mrs. Kravitz said:

Yes, only the truly apathetic would be able to do that. It always has to come out somewhere, sometime, although probably not in healthy or productive ways for her.

Maybe she is in survival mode and feels if they just  get through their usual holiday rituals, she will have time to process the tragedy that is her son's poor decisions and legacy. Plus, they have inconsolable Anna going through all the stages of grief and her kids to emotionally and financially support. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

Maybe she is in survival mode and feels if they just  get through their usual holiday rituals, she will have time to process the tragedy that is her son's poor decisions and legacy. Plus, they have inconsolable Anna going through all the stages of grief and her kids to emotionally and financially support. 

I doubt either of them are spending energy emotionally supporting anyone.  Expecting everyone to minimize, pray, and shut up about it is their MO.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 11

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic