IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 39: It's Never Leg Humping to Support Victims - Applaud Strength

HerNameIsBuffy

2 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

I'm also In the Fundie Wonderland private Facebook group and I guess what's absolutely knocked me for six from the Holt testimony is that Josh was molesting his sisters FOR YEARS. Bobbie Holt says these were not singular events with time in between; there was systemic and habitual ongoing sexual abuse in the Duggar home. Josh was REGULARLY abusing his sisters, often, over a three year period.

So much for the "it was one-off incidents, it was over clothes, it was a young boy being curious" BULLSHIT that JimBob and Michelle propagated. Bobbye Holt said that not just one, but TWO sisters physically fought back against Josh during two incidents of sexual abuse. So there was a culture of violent sexual assault in their home and the parents gaslit the victims into thinking (and going on Meghan Kelly and saying) that it was no big deal????!!!!!!!

I'm so angry there are no words.

:angry-banghead:

FFS. They should be charged with neglect. Those poor girls.

• Upvote 32
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

I wouldn’t be surprised if JB dropped out of the race now. He probably thought the Holts wouldn’t be allowed to testify. But now that they are, they are making the Duggars known to the world as trash parents. 

• Upvote 45
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

I’m guessing the statute of limitations has long passed. 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I'm guessing the prosecution would NOT allow it at this point. There is no advantage for them Throw the book at him!

They would allow him to plead guilty right now.  They just wouldn't deal.  Plead guilty and the judge sentences as he would have if the jury found him so.  

• Upvote 27

11 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

The updates are excellent in FW. and coming fast. Curious though How are they posting so much when reporters can’t? I thought phones weren’t allowed in. 

The woman who is posting is there with 3 other family members.  She was taking a mental health break from testimony herself but still getting updates from the others (so I don't know how frequently they were coming out to update her).  

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if JB dropped out of the race now. He probably thought the Holts wouldn’t be allowed to testify. But now that they are, they are making the Duggars known to the world as trash parents. 

I don't think he will. 

3 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

And abuse. 

• Upvote 15

Again from The Sun, but interesting:

JAMES FOTTRELL TESTIFIES

James Fottrell, the Director of the Department of Justice for Child Exploitation, was questioned again on Friday morning.

He said that he looked into tools that could have allowed remote access to devices, but that it didn't fit the pattern, according to the Sun reporter at the trial.

He said the images were viewed through a video player and someone would have to physically be there to turn on the computer and open the files.

Add that to the fact he placed Josh's phone at the lot during at least one of those times...

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 1

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

They would allow him to plead guilty right now.  They just wouldn't deal.  Plead guilty and the judge sentences as he would have if the jury found him so.  

This.  The prosecution will ALWAYS take a "sure thing," they just wouldnt offer him anything to get it.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Just now, Buzzard said:

I think he's going to have to testify.  Its never a good situation when a defendant testifies, but his smug ass likely will. 

I doubt it. Josh never spoke on his own accord about the Molestation Scandal, and only very little about the Ashley Madison Scandal. Plus, nothing about his testimony could do anything to help him. The best case, for anybody accused of any crime, is to sit down and shut up. 

• Upvote 12

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing the statute of limitations has long passed. 

Excuse my ignorance here...is this different for civil action ie. Could a Duggar child sue their parents? Or is that the same for criminal and civil proceedings?

• Upvote 11

Just now, SassyPants said:

Is anyone truly surprised that the Duggar home was sexually unhealthy? Anyone? Both JB and Josh have given off those vibes for years. I am not surprised, at all. Gothard, their patriarchal God, is a sexual perv. When it waddles and quacks, it’s a duck.

No one on FJ I’m sure. But I bet a lot of general public are surprised. I wonder if the Bates are completely ignoring this due to Katie’s wedding.

• Upvote 25

4 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

The woman who is posting is there with 3 other family members.  She was taking a mental health break from testimony herself but still getting updates from the others (so I don't know how frequently they were coming out to update her).  

What's FW?  Was that in the other thread?  Can someone post a link in this one?  

Never mind - just realized it's that FB group Fundie Wonderland.   

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Thank You 2

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

What's FW?  Was that in the other thread?  Can someone post a link in this one?  

Fundie Wonderland. It’s private on FB.

• Thank You 2

16 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

The updates are excellent in FW. and coming fast. Curious though How are they posting so much when reporters can’t? I thought phones weren’t allowed in. 

Can you and other FW members share the cliffs Notes of the updates for those of us who aren't members?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Antimony said:

The Guy with No Candles (Poor Dude) has given us an update;

Got a much-needed laugh from your play on the reporters name - thanks

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

And Jim Bob has the gall to stand for office. I think I always knew they were awful, but I am shocked at what terrible, terrible people JB and Michelle are.

We talk about whether Anna should have left/leave- what about Michelle- mother of the fucking year? Knowing her daughters were violently assaulted, she supports her monster husband in doing nothing, lying about it and profiting from it. She then makes calls accusing trans women of being potential child molestors. She and JB should never be able to show their face in public again - but no, they want to tell us all what great parents they are.

I am raging for those daughters.

I’ll diagnosis JB right now, he is EFF’d up. He does not live in our world. Since he nailed the hot cheerleader in 1984, ,he thinks he is one tweak away from God himself. Smugger is one tweak away from JB. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 23

The height of arrogance is Josh allowing this to go to trial rather than take the plea deal. Each day is more damning than the last. 

• Upvote 44
  • I Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

And Jim Bob has the gall to stand for office. I think I always knew they were awful, but I am shocked at what terrible, terrible people JB and Michelle are.

We talk about whether Anna should have left/leave- what about Michelle- mother of the fucking year? Knowing her daughters were violently assaulted, she supports her monster husband in doing nothing, lying about it and profiting from it. She then makes calls accusing trans women of being potential child molestors. She and JB should never be able to show their face in public again - but no, they want to tell us all what great parents they are.

I am raging for those daughters.

Agree with all of this.  I didn't think they could shock me but I absolutely thought it was a joke meme when I saw he was running.  How could anyone run for public office while trying to get their kid off heinous charges?  The complete absence of shame is startling.

If he even comes close to winning it needs to be an alarming wake up call for the decent people in AR about what their fellow citizens find acceptable.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 9

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic