IGNORED

(CW: Possible CSA) Josh & Anna 37: Saving the Cocktail Dresses for Court

nelliebelle1197

58 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Josh appears to have been a bit mo9re polite to Anna.  Only positive thing about him I've been able to say for years. Granted its not much even now.

Maybe his lawyers read here and took notes 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

Are clergy mandated reporters in Arkansas?

Yes. At least, they are right now. Maybe they weren't at the time but at least since 2008. Seems like a bad tactic for the Defense to bring up if it makes Bobye now liable for not reporting. I can't see how they can have it both ways. 

I don't think they're going to meet the threshold of Bobye being clergy or the confession being like that of the confessional under federal law here. 

(a) Definitions. As used in this rule:

(1) A "clergyman" is a minister, priest, rabbi, or other similar functionary of a religious organization, or an individual reasonably believed so to be by the person consulting him.

(2) A communication is "confidential" if made privately and not intended for further disclosure except to other persons present in furtherance of the purpose of the communication.

(b) General rule of privilege. A person has a privilege to refuse to disclose and to prevent another from disclosing a confidential communication made by the person to a clergyman in his professional character as a spiritual adviser.

(c) Who may claim the privilege. The privilege may be claimed by the person, by his guardian or conservator, or by his personal representative if he is deceased. The clergyman may claim the privilege on behalf of the person. His authority so to do is presumed in the absence of evidence to the contrary.

I think it's a hard case that Bobye is a "functionary" or that the communication was "confidential" because we know it wasn't entirely confidential. 

• Upvote 14

47 minutes ago, Jinderella said:

Must be nice to know your husband can only be polite if instructed by his lawyers…

Question. The jury will not be allowed to google Josh when they get home after a day of trail, are they? Is this enforced somehow?

It’s more of a self enforced thing. I mean if you were on a jury and a judge warned you and you could face legal consequences would you look it up? Most people really don’t care about the Duggar family and won’t follow the news. Most people are not going to risk any legal consequences of their own and shift through various articles to read about pretrial motion hearings. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, Howl said:

What does Josh have going for him?  Like Kyle Rittenhouse, he has a soft, bland baby face and a non-threatening affect -- he doesn't look like a guy* who would spend his hours in a tiny shack on a used car lot looking at images that shock the conscience.  I'll be very interested in which family members show up in court each day and if ANY of them show up on days that CSA images are shown. 

*Yes, of course I understand that pedophiles can be anyone and look like anyone. We're talking about his impression on the jury here. 

That’s so interesting! The one thing I thought could potentially be unfair to Josh - is that he looks EXACTLY like I picture a creepy guy who sits around in a shack jerking off to very bad things, and/or luring kids into his van. Exactly. Even though I know it’s not right to stereotype. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 1

Quote-Jim Bob

""Later, he said "I can't remember" when asked about the report and called it "tabloid information." "I'm not going to allow it, are you going to allow for that?" he asked judge Timothy L. Brooks.

After prosecutors asked him to read a copy of the report, Jim Bob said "I'm not going to do that," but ultimately said his memory was not jogged by reading the report in his head."

Wow, we know Jim Bob has a brass neck and no shame, but I wouldn't get cocky with the judge if I were him.

• Upvote 25
  • Angry 9
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 15
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 3

14 minutes ago, Laura2730 said:

During his testimony, Jim Bob repeatedly said he couldn't remember the details of Josh's admissions that he had touched the victims

And there it is, as predicted here. You f#@<ing liar! Can rebuttal witnesses be used at this stage, or is the timeframe too tight? I bet you could find someone who remembers that JB remembers full well.

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Quote-Jim Bob

""Later, he said "I can't remember" when asked about the report and called it "tabloid information." "I'm not going to allow it, are you going to allow for that?" he asked judge Timothy L. Brooks.

After prosecutors asked him to read a copy of the report, Jim Bob said "I'm not going to do that," but ultimately said his memory was not jogged by reading the report in his head."

Wow, we know Jim Bob has a brass neck and no shame, but I wouldn't get cocky with the judge if I were him.

Those quotes show how much a jab thinks he is above the law. He tried to tell the JUDGE to do something for him. Thank you @Laura2730 for posting.

@AussieKrissy that account must be private now. Bummer, I can’t see the pictures. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Heads up. Her account is private so you’ll have to delete that picture. 

Edited by Alisamer
Removed screenshot of private account
  • Thank You 1

So I was reading something (from people mag) that said JBoob “doesn’t remember” the details of what Josh told him. 
so- how do you forget when your son confesses that about your DAUGHTERS. Like seriously??

• Upvote 18
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 6

He is a complete asshat. His narcissism and entitlement know no bounds. But Jesus and the Bible and God fearing, blah, blah, blah… He clearly has missed the message of Christianity, big time. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 1

I mean, if I were the judge or on the jury, JimBob's "I can't remember" would backfire against Josh. This huge, horrible, traumatic thing happened and the entire family was like "shrug, not important." They don't care about CSA. Josh has shown himself to be not just an abuser but one who thinks this is eh, not a big deal. 

It would be hard for me to believe he should be out on the streets, given that background. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 19
  • Love 1

We’ve always known JB is trash. Now maybe a few others will know. Maybe a few voters even.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 27
  • I Agree 18
  • Love 3

The prosecutor should have followed that up with, “Sir, do you remember shaving your son’s head and sending him away to a labor camp on X date.” I’m sure the former LE now in jail for his own inappropriate issues would love to appear to corroborate info.

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

There is no doubt now that JB is firmly on the side of protecting Josh at all costs. 

He’s protecting the name and the money (his investment and possible future earnings)not Josh.

Hope the citizens of NWA are watching…don’t vote for this liar.

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

About the time you think Jim Bob can't get any lower!      I wonder if Michelle would remember anything if she were called to testify?  I take that back, I'm not sure she remembers yesterday.  But I honestly think she was more upset with Josh than Jim Bob was at the time when he molested his sisters. And I wonder if she isn't now too.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic