IGNORED

(CW: Possible CSA) Josh & Anna 37: Saving the Cocktail Dresses for Court

nelliebelle1197

The trial will be in Fayetteville, AR, home of Univ. of Arkansas and 5 other colleges!  It will not be hard to seat a jury in that city and since the Duggar heyday is long past, there could be a few people who are only vaguely aware of the Duggar fam or don't know them at all. 

Apparently, it is very difficult to get an acquittal in a CSA case. 

What does Josh have going for him?  Like Kyle Rittenhouse, he has a soft, bland baby face and a non-threatening affect -- he doesn't look like a guy* who would spend his hours in a tiny shack on a used car lot looking at images that shock the conscience.  I'll be very interested in which family members show up in court each day and if ANY of them show up on days that CSA images are shown. 

*Yes, of course I understand that pedophiles can be anyone and look like anyone. We're talking about his impression on the jury here. 

If anyone finds an especially good local source covering and summarizing the trial on the daily, please post a link.  

• Upvote 17
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

If anyone finds an especially good local source covering and summarizing the trial on the daily, please post a link.  

@ccmccandless  is a digital reporter from NWA and has been super thorough so far.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 1

Back to all the thoughts of Anna leaving. She won't leave Josh. I think the only way she will move away from JB & Michelle is to be near her sister Priscilla. Same doctrine but different scenery and her sister has several kids they can help each other. Based on Josh being sent to bible camp after Ashley Madison, we found out that Anna visited him often and he was up in WI or MN or such (I can't remember now). She will visit him in prison. She will wait for him. Does David and Priscilla still live in Big Sandy or did they move closer to his church in Fort Worth? 

7 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Anna’s sister posted pics of the wedding including pics of Anna and JB. She welcomed another “Anna” to the family. Run hANNAh run. You don’t want to be anything like her. 

Can you share which account? 

• Upvote 9

11 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I figured his campaign fundraiser was really just Josh’s defense fund

I hope so if only because that would be a great way for him to land in jail as well. But in all seriousness I think JB knows enough not to misuse campaign funds. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jesquire said:

@ccmccandless  is a digital reporter from NWA and has been super thorough so far.

Now following @ccmccandless and also this may be my go-to.  Thanks! 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Back to all the thoughts of Anna leaving. She won't leave Josh. I think the only way she will move away from JB & Michelle is to be near her sister Priscilla. Same doctrine but different scenery and her sister has several kids they can help each other. Based on Josh being sent to bible camp after Ashley Madison, we found out that Anna visited him often and he was up in WI or MN or such (I can't remember now). She will visit him in prison. She will wait for him. Does David and Priscilla still live in Big Sandy or did they move closer to his church in Fort Worth? 

I just looked at David/Priscilla's blog and it's not been updated for a year.  Then I looked at their twitter just out of curiosity and they posted 11 days ago that they have officially moved to Ft. Worth and their east Texas home is listed for sale.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

29 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I just looked at David/Priscilla's blog and it's not been updated for a year.  Then I looked at their twitter just out of curiosity and they posted 11 days ago that they have officially moved to Ft. Worth and their east Texas home is listed for sale.

Junk tv confession time, I watch DCC making the team.  They aren't far from the home of the Cowboys now.  If they don't see any of the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, they will probably see advertisements/billboards with them.  Their proximity to that amuses me.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

Anna's sister Rebekah has several vacation homes. After Joshley goes to prison, I hope she invites Anna & kids to go stay in one of them for a few months, to "get away from the situation" and clear her head. She could get away from the Duggar compound where they are no doubt giving her a nonstop IV infusuion of the Koolaid, take some nice long walks on the beach, spend some time with her non-fundy family members, and figure out her next steps.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

Just to get on the record on this: I suspect that Josh left a forensic trail like a sick moose in the snow, fwtw (not a lawyer). It's not like he would have scheduled other employees to be hanging about while he downloaded & whatever CSAMs. He probably contrived to have 'business' needing doing to be there, away from Anna, & a decent chance that he actually did conduct business calls during the time window in question. Also a decent chance that he called Anna before & after. All leaving digital trails behind, nailing his presence in place & time. While he's been remarked on as being technically savvy I suspect he's only savvy with respect to other fundies, & that compared to actually tech savvy persons (like, say, forensic examiners) he's prolly quite naive & uninformed.

• Upvote 37
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, The Mother Dust said:

Junk tv confession time, I watch DCC making the team.  They aren't far from the home of the Cowboys now.  If they don't see any of the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, they will probably see advertisements/billboards with them.  Their proximity to that amuses me.

That is pretty amusing! They'll be yelling "Nike!" on a constant basis, I bet. I need to watch more of the episodes and catch up. An aquaintance's daughter (Marissa) is a DCC now, from my small hometown. 

17 minutes ago, PinkGreyBrown said:

While he's been remarked on as being technically savvy I suspect he's only savvy with respect to other fundies, & that compared to actually tech savvy persons (like, say, forensic examiners) he's prolly quite naive & uninformed.

I think someone technically savvy probably doesn't use their birth date for all their passwords everywhere including banking. And especially not to password-protect a secret computer partition hiding illegal CSA materials. 

He's probably savvy compared to his mom and dad. Maybe. Probably compared to Anna. But give Israel a year or two and he'll probably pass his uncle on the "tech savvy" scale.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Now following @ccmccandless and also this may be my go-to.  Thanks! 

Oh nooooo. Despite them saying that their European visitors are important to them they have restricted access and I can't see it. B*gger.

• I Agree 3

15 minutes ago, DottyC said:

Oh nooooo. Despite them saying that their European visitors are important to them they have restricted access and I can't see it. B*gger.

That sucks!  I will try and find a way to point you to a summary of anything worthwhile. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 11

9 minutes ago, Jesquire said:

That sucks!  I will try and find a way to point you to a summary of anything worthwhile. 

You star, thank you.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Jess said:

I hope so if only because that would be a great way for him to land in jail as well. But in all seriousness I think JB knows enough not to misuse campaign funds. 

Personally I would rephrase this as “JB knows enough to figure out how to misuse campaign funds.”

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

This account has also been quick to post news. We won't know until tomorrow if the molestation can be brought up. (Warning: includes video of Josh and Anna walking into courthouse.)

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 16

Josh appears to have been a bit mo9re polite to Anna.  Only positive thing about him I've been able to say for years. Granted its not much even now.

• Upvote 8

The defence are saying that Bobbye Holt' s testimony should not be allowed because what Josh confessed to her in a church group is covered by clergy privilege.

So the judge is hearing what either side is arguing should be allowed and what shouldn't be allowed and he  hasn't decided yet.

This is all being reported, so does it mean that all the potential jurors in the jury pool can read all about it and have prior knowledge that Josh confessed to "something" the defence wants to hide.

I'm confused!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

12 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

The defence are saying that Bobbye Holt' s testimony should not be allowed because what Josh confessed to her in a church group is covered by clergy privilege.

So the judge is hearing what either side is arguing should be allowed and what shouldn't be allowed and he  hasn't decided yet.

This is all being reported, so does it mean that all the potential jurors in the jury pool can read all about it and have prior knowledge that Josh confessed to "something" the defence wants to hide.

I'm confused!

Very few people are watching the news of this trial as closely as the folks on the board. If anyone in the jury pool has been following closely, they will be dismissed. The judge will instruct jurors to avoid news of the trial and not seek out additional information. If a juror does seek our “extra” information after being impaneled, and the judge finds out (i.e. the juror uses the info in deliberations), the judge would declare a mistrial and the juror would likely face fines in contempt of court.

Edited by mpheels
Typos
  • Upvote 14

14 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Josh appears to have been a bit mo9re polite to Anna.  Only positive thing about him I've been able to say for years. Granted its not much even now.

Must be nice to know your husband can only be polite if instructed by his lawyers…

Question. The jury will not be allowed to google Josh when they get home after a day of trail, are they? Is this enforced somehow?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Howl said:

The trial will be in Fayetteville, AR, home of Univ. of Arkansas and 5 other colleges!  It will not be hard to seat a jury in that city and since the Duggar heyday is long past, there could be a few people who are only vaguely aware of the Duggar fam or don't know them at all. 

Apparently, it is very difficult to get an acquittal in a CSA case. 

What does Josh have going for him?  Like Kyle Rittenhouse, he has a soft, bland baby face and a non-threatening affect -- he doesn't look like a guy* who would spend his hours in a tiny shack on a used car lot looking at images that shock the conscience.  I'll be very interested in which family members show up in court each day and if ANY of them show up on days that CSA images are shown. 

*Yes, of course I understand that pedophiles can be anyone and look like anyone. We're talking about his impression on the jury here. 

Jared from Subway had the same sort of face but was convicted. So there’s hope!

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Holy Moly, the Lawyers, paid for by Jim Bob, are arguing that a WOMAN (a person with XX sex chromosomes and a vagina, no less) is a CLERGY member!!!

A woman can be a member of clergy, you don’t say?

WOWSA, the cognitive dissonance on that one has to be clanging pretty shrilly, even for one as willingly obtuse as Jim Bob. 

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 27
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Edited by Alisamer
Removed screenshot of private account
  • Thank You 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic