IGNORED

Stories During Corona Virus 2

Coconut Flan

Meanwhile the numpties here are trying (and failing) to use the court system to get the Victorian Premier convicted of treason... in Myrtleford Magistrate's Court. Myrtleford is a small town of 12,600ish people. I am unsure that the magistrate's court there has the juristriction to hear treason cases, among other problems. The court is the closest one to the earthquake epicentre, which is probably not a coincidence. This thread describing the court webex "hearing" is freaking hilarious.

Some highlights:

Spoiler

Then this happened:

Spoiler

But the best bit has to be this:

Spoiler

I really needed the laugh today.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Another one bites the dust

A Washington state senator has died a month after confirming with a local radio station he was in El Salvador and sick with Covid-19.

State Sen. Doug Ericksen's family announced his death through a statement issued Saturday by the Washington State Senate Republican Caucus, but they did not state the cause of his death.

Ericksen told KIRO Radio in November he was sick with the virus while in El Salvador. The station's news director said in a tweet Ericksen told them he was unable to leave the country and there were no available monoclonal antibody treatments.

Ericksen had repeatedly called for the resignation of Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee, in numerous posts on his website. His latest news release, dated November 1, said the state was the "national leader in authoritarian government."

I think people can guess just how full my field of fucks is

• Upvote 7

15 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Oooh - keep it up, Donald!

Maybe this will be the thing that gets the idiots to dump him.

Apparently Bill O'Reilly had to "console" Trump after he was booed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

Just wanted to be clear, y'all, I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP!!!!!!!!  This refers to the ReAwaken America tour super spreader event with a stop in Dallas, TX on Dec. 10

People Got Sick at a Conspiracy Conference. They’re Sure It’s Anthrax.   The fact that the conference was likely a COVID outbreak and superspreader event has been almost entirely ignored.

A group of unvaccinated people who attended a huge conspiracy conference in Dallas earlier this month all became sick in the days after the event with symptoms like coughing, shortness of breath, and fever. Instead of blaming the global COVID pandemic, however, the conspiracy theorists think they were attacked with anthrax.

This far-right conspiracy claim began after a dozen people spent time together in a confined space at the ReAwaken America tour event in Dallas over the weekend of Dec. 10. And the fact that this was likely a COVID outbreak and superspreader event has been almost entirely ignored.

and there's more to it, because of course there's infighting 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 4

On 12/1/2021 at 11:09 PM, Audrey2 said:

Wait- Antivaxxers, probably Republican, actually go to a bookstore? What will be next? Vegetarians going to a meat market?

Mayhaps they went to the book store expecting to attend a book burning?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

On 12/22/2021 at 9:06 AM, Howl said:

Just wanted to be clear, y'all, I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP!!!!!!!!  This refers to the ReAwaken America tour super spreader event with a stop in Dallas, TX on Dec. 10

People Got Sick at a Conspiracy Conference. They’re Sure It’s Anthrax.   The fact that the conference was likely a COVID outbreak and superspreader event has been almost entirely ignored.

Sure enough, at least one of the attendees is now on a ventilator (per sorryantivaxxer.com ).  The podcaster from FROG (Fully Rely On God) is claiming he and others were targeted by a biological agent.  Yep, that would be COVID-19, but it’s freelancing and not a government weapon.  These people really want to blame anything, anyone, but themselves. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

These people really want to blame anything, anyone, but themselves. 

"I'm so sorry to tell  you that your (insert relationship here) _____________________ died of COVID!"

"NO THEY DIDN'T.  They died of co-morbidities!" 

Sadly, HCWs are telling the world that some relatives absolutely refusing to believe the loved one died from COVID is now a thing.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Sadly, HCWs are telling the world that some relatives absolutely refusing to believe the loved one died from COVID is now a thing.

Another interesting trend illustrated by the Man from FROG hospitalization is that Lin Wood (yes, that guy) has asked if anyone knows of “a local medical provider or an attorney who can help.”  These Qnuts claim they won’t ever go to a hospital, then when they wind up there they make all sorts of trouble.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

has asked if anyone knows of “a local medical provider or an attorney who can help.”

Is this related to a "give me Ivermectin or give me death!" scenario?

• Thank You 3

5 minutes ago, Howl said:

They are pushers of Ivermectin, that’s for sure, so it’s either that or the newest shiny treatment.  I always hire an attorney when entering the hospital, doesn’t everyone? /s 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2

3 hours ago, Howl said:

"I'm so sorry to tell  you that your (insert relationship here) _____________________ died of COVID!"

"NO THEY DIDN'T.  They died of co-morbidities!" 

To be fair the media here pushed the "died with covid but had underlying conditions" line so much I could see why people echo it.  Obviously the co-morbidities were the main cause of death. /s

It still annoys me (obviously) - we don't see "he died with head trauma after he came off his motorcycle but he had type 2 diabetes, herpes, and was overweight, which are of course pre-existing conditions.." so why we focus laser like on the things that wouldn't have killed them at that point if they hadn't contracted covid I don't know.

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

To be fair the media here pushed the "died with covid but had underlying conditions" line so much I could see why people echo it.  Obviously the co-morbidities were the main cause of death. /s

It still annoys me (obviously) - we don't see "he died with head trauma after he came off his motorcycle but he had type 2 diabetes, herpes, and was overweight, which are of course pre-existing conditions.." so why we focus laser like on the things that wouldn't have killed them at that point if they hadn't contracted covid I don't know.

It is hard, I’m imagining, for families to sort out what (if anything) to publicize in these circumstances.  Just as an example, here is an excerpt from my cousin’s obituary (he died back in January):  “He also developed heart and kidney problems — as well as COVID-19 at the very end…”

I guess I appreciate seeing a mention of Covid, just so people know that it’s still out there circulating and causing early (earlier?) death. 

• I Agree 3

4 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

They are pushers of Ivermectin, that’s for sure, so it’s either that or the newest shiny treatment.  I always hire an attorney when entering the hospital, doesn’t everyone? /s 

I think I read Mr. Wood had posted how to extract your person from the hospital when the hospital denies the holy horse paste  when had a friend dying in Ivermectinless dismay on a ventilator. People are not (usually) kept in the hospital against their will but I suspect a family wanting to disconnect a family member from life support so they could administer woo medicine would have to be run by the hospital ethics committee.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Spoiler

image.png.4fb058682876b294298fcb0ad42da120.png

image.png.7ae1cbb423cf9bc3d08744c25cc4701c.png

Jim Bakker got in trouble earlier in the pandemic because of the silver stuff he was promoting on his show.

• Upvote 5

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

23 hours ago, Howl said:

More of a "give me Ivermectin AND give me death" scenario in most cases. 

On the plus side, there are fewer and fewer right-wing podcasters and radio hosts spreading misinformation by the week! I'm sure others are taking their place but if even a couple people wise up after seeing person after person kick the bucket it'll be a help. 

A 14-year-old friend of mine recently asked us about the AIDS crisis in the 80's. I think in 30 years kids will be asking about this, and hopefully they'll be looking at the anti-mask and anti-vax people the same way we tend to look at doctors who gave lobotomies back in the day. "What were they even thinking?"

• Upvote 7

Anti-vax Bed.  Made.  Lie.

A Fox News star lost out on a gig with "The View" because of her stance on vaccines, a report said.

Lisa Boothe interviewed to replace Meghan McCain earlier this year, per The Daily Beast.

That process ended after she announced she would not get a COVID-19 shot, the media outlet said.

• Upvote 4

Anti-Vax Leader Traveling Country With Guns, Flamethrower, and Fake Badge in Quest to Arrest Dem Governors

Anti-COVID-19 vaccine “Vaccine Police” organization leader Christopher Key, who has proudly claimed he would soon arrest Democrat Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards over vaccine mandates, has set off on a cross-country road trip with a fake badge and high capacity firearms. In a series of Telegram messages posted over the past week, Key has visited countless state offices and harassed officials over vaccines, masks, and mandates. In a phone conversation with The Daily Beast this past week, Key stated that he has been traveling the country “serving” people with packets of information he believes supports his conspiracy theory that COVID-19 vaccines are “bioweapons.” But it’s not only firearms Key has shown off, he also appears to have access to a flamethrower. “All those bioweapons that we have, that are not vaccines, they all need to be lined up, and they need to be exterminated,” Key said in a video posted in mid-December while brandishing a flamethrower. On Saturday night, when asked about the guns and if he intends to bring them along when conducting the planned arrests, Key told The Daily Beast he is “never about violence.” “I will do it [the citizen arrests] lawfully, and the sheriffs will be with me,” he added.

Follow the link above if you want to watch Key rant about vaccines while showing off his flamethrower.

• WTF 3

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

has set off on a cross-country road trip with a fake badge

I misread this as "fake badger" at first, and it didn't even faze me. I mean, sure, why not? These people are that crazy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

53 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I misread this as "fake badger" at first, and it didn't even faze me. I mean, sure, why not? These people are that crazy.

It would be a fake honey badger.

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 2