IGNORED

Stories During Corona Virus 2

Coconut Flan

This is what scares me when we talk about masking at schools. While kids are less likely to catch it and less likely to have serious issues with it now, what could happen to the kids in the future who caught it? Could it be like mumps which renders young men sterile if they get it when they're teenagers? I'm still vigilant about myself and vigilant about the students I teach each day. 

• I Agree 1
  • Love 9

6 hours ago, Smash! said:

From People Magazine: covid can destroy the placenta and cause stillbirths during pregnancy in rare cases

"COVID-19 can destroy the placenta and lead to stillbirths during pregnancy in rare cases, according to new research, further highlighting the potential risks of the virus to the mother and fetus.

The virus can directly attack and destroy the placenta, cutting off its life-giving supply of oxygen and nutrients to the developing fetus and causing asphyxiation and death, the study, published in the journal Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, found.[…]

This is so heartbreaking...

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

While kids are less likely to catch it and less likely to have serious issues with it now, what could happen to the kids in the future who caught it? Could it be like mumps which renders young men sterile if they get it when they're teenagers?

Shingles is another example.  For those of us who had chicken pox as children, the virus can reactivate many decades later as shingles.  Fortunately, the recent the two-dose Shingrix vaccine offers around 96% protection against shingles. I got that as soon as I could. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Shingles is another example.  For those of us who had chicken pox as children, the virus can reactivate many decades later as shingles.  Fortunately, the recent the two-dose Shingrix vaccine offers around 96% protection against shingles. I got that as soon as I could. 

A few months before COVID became pandemic, this study showed the impact of measles on children's immune systems:

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2019/11/measles-does-long-term-damage-immune-system-studies-show

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

Some religious leaders are not down with helping fornicating adult toddlers congregants with religious exemptions for vaccine mandates.

By the thousands, Americans have been seeking religious exemptions in order to circumvent COVID-19 vaccine mandates, but generally they are doing so without the encouragement of major denominations and prominent religious leaders.

From the Vatican, Pope Francis has defended the vaccines as “the most reasonable solution to the pandemic.” The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America declared categorically that its followers would not be offered religious exemptions. Robert Jeffress, the conservative pastor of a Baptist megachurch in Dallas, voiced similar sentiments.

“Since there is no credible biblical argument against vaccines, we have refused to offer exemptions to the handful of people who have requested them,” Jeffress told The Associated Press via email. “People may have strong medical or political objections to government-mandated vaccines, but just because those objections are strongly felt does not elevate them to a religious belief that should be accommodated.”

• Thank You 3

8 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

OFFS.  Listen up, Karen, these people are not paid nearly enough to deal with the likes of you.  You are a disgusting, entitled shit human being, exploiting a situation, making someone's job even more difficult than it already is, putting others at risk because you won't get your "jab."  You are also putting people online without their consent, so I hope they sue YOUR ass.  

Those poor employees.  

I absolutely DESPISE that there is such a thing as an "influencer."  The very concept is abhorrent to me.  Go get a real JOB, lady, and maybe you will learn some humility and manners.  Maybe.  

Edited by Becky
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

12 hours ago, Becky said:

absolutely DESPISE that there is such a thing as an "influencer."  The very concept is abhorrent to me.  Go get a real JOB, lady, and maybe you will learn some humility and manners.  Maybe.  

Agree with all of that - also I would totally go to that restauraunt if they're upholding regulations, so... way to be an influence there lady. Also I cannot get over the entitlement of some people, for real.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Agree with all of that - also I would totally go to that restauraunt if they're upholding regulations, so... way to be an influence there lady. Also I cannot get over the entitlement of some people, for real.

I have mentioned before, I'm sure, that during 2020 after the tiny branch library I worked at reopened following months of curbside service only, I decided only one person or family group could be inside the branch at a time (tiny room, only one staff person).

I took the rather extreme approach of actually keeping the front door locked and having people knock or text me when they were outside and wanted to come in.

It was a bit of a hassle to have to physically open the door for each patron, make sure they were masked before letting them in, and close it behind them, including dealing with other patrons waiting outside who didn't bother to read the signs to understand why the door was locked and why they had to wait.

But -- the more I read about crazy rude disrespectful assholes who refuse to follow rules of caution which an establishment has every right to impose, the more certain I am that my proactive doorlocking was the right approach to keep me from having to deal with these kinds of tantrums.  

SMH.

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Four days after Canberra's "freedom convoy" protest, and sounds like some of the attendees are... symptomatic.

Wish I could say I was in any way surprised. Hopefully they all stay home and don't go to hospital.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

One anti-vaxer named Christina Blair of Albuquerque, New Mexico really didn't like a vaccinated sticker on another car. 

According to police, the road rage incident began Sunday afternoon when Christina Blair, 33, began yelling obscenities and honking her horn at Gabriel Chavez as the pair’s vehicles traveled on an Albuquerque road.

Chavez, according to a criminal complaint, told police that he gestured for Blair to drive around him, but she proceeded to follow him to an intersection. While at a red light, Blair “threw something at his vehicle.”

Concerned that the confrontation was “becoming more aggressive,” a frightened Chavez sought to “drive away from the situation,” a patrolman noted. But Chavez then accidentally backed into Blair’s car, prompting him to pull into the parking lot of a nearby Walgreens to exchange insurance information.

An “extremely irate” Blair, cops say, retrieved a handgun from her car and racked the weapon. A video provided by Chavez to police showed Blair “reach into her vehicle and produce a weapon,” the complaint charges. An investigator added that Blair--who was standing six feet from Chavez--appeared to “run the slide and make the gun ready for live fire.”

According to the article she told police she was a salesperson at a local Dodge dealership.  I wonder for how much longer though. 

Of course how was she caught?  Yeah, the other driver had an image of her license plate.  Idiot.

• Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 5

11 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Some more on Ricky 

Former child star Ricky Schroder, last seen harassing Costco workers who asked him to wear a mask in the store, had another public meltdown over rules intended to help stop the spread of the coronavirus.

This time, Schroeder flipped out on security guards who asked him to wear a mask before entering the Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library & Museum in Abilene, Kansas, calling them Nazis and telling them they should only enforce “God’s law.”

Schroder made his name as a child actor in the 1980s sitcom “Silver Spoons.” As an adult, he is best known for his three seasons on “NYPD Blue.” But it’s Schroder’s right-wing politics that caused his name to trend on Twitter on Sunday  

• Thank You 2

• 4 weeks later...

Anti-Vaxxers Charge Followers to Join Fake Fauci ‘Grand Jury’

A motley crew of right-wing activists, a former Trump administration official, and a disgraced former state attorney general have launched an amateur “grand jury” to vote on whether to indict Dr. Anthony Fauci on fictitious criminal charges. But the effort could also become a windfall for its organizers, with positions on the grand jury selling for as much as $2,500.

The upstart organization, dubbed “America’s Grand Jury,” has no actual legal powers. Instead, starting on April 11, the group will present a livestreamed presentation of Fauci’s “prosecution.” The mock grand jury will also include “evidence” presented by vaccine opponents, including Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Dr. Robert Malone.

The event will culminate in the grand jury voting on whether to indict Fauci. Unlike an actual grand jury, though, the slots on this grand jury have been sold to Fauci-haters willing to splash out some cash to express their dislike for the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. A voting spot on the jury starts at $25 and goes up from there, with those willing to pay $2,500 for “VIP Juror” status receiving one-night access to mingle with anti-vaccine celebs in the grand jury’s green room.

The mock grand jury even has its own merchandise line, with jurors who pay at least $100 to attain the title of “Super Juror” promised special“swag.”

America’s Grand Jury didn’t respond to requests for comment. Its website referred media requests to a far-right group called the Unity Project, an anti-vaccine group that backed a trucker convoy that traveled to Washington to protest Covid restrictions.

While “America’s Grand Jury” has no ability to actually indict Fauci, its website declares that it will “decide if Anthony Fauci should be INDICTED.” In a much smaller font elsewhere on the page, the group notes that it won’t actually be able to indict Fauci.

The mock grand jury effort is led by Curtis Hill, Indiana’s attorney general between 2017 and 2021. But while Hill is now seeking to indict Fauci, he recently had some legal issues of his own. In 2020, the Indiana Supreme Court temporarily suspended Hill’s license to practice law after multiple women accused him of groping them at an event.

Hill went on to lose his reelection bid in 2020 to another Republican. The former attorney general is also known in his state as an Elvis Presley impersonator.

Hill has been joined on the prosecution team by Parisa Fishback, a California bankruptcy attorney who gained some fame on the right as a parent opposing COVID-19 vaccine mandates.

The grand jury’s witnesses, meanwhile, are prominent anti-vaccine activists and fringe doctors. Along with Kennedy and Malone, the witness list includes Dr. Paul Alexander, who advised the Trump administration during the pandemic and called for a strategy of herd immunity by pushing more people to contract the virus, declaring “we want them infected.”

While the grand jury has no legal powers, it capitalizes on the right’s fury at Fauci over coronavirus restrictions. In January, Fauci said he and his family had faced death threats over conspiracy theories claiming he somehow played a role in the coronavirus’s creation.

Vigilante grand juries have been deployed before by anti-government sovereign citizen activists, a group known for clashing violently with law enforcement and officials. A collection of sovereign citizens in New York, for example, used bogus grand juries to create what the Southern Poverty Law Center called a “judicial alternate universe” aimed at evading the actual law.

America’s Grand Jury, by contrast, knows that it’s all for show, with no legal weight. But that doesn’t mean it’s stopping with Fauci. According to its website, the mock grand jury also plans to empanel fake grand juries for Hunter Biden and Hillary Clinton.

Spoiler

looney tunes neon GIF

• Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1

Way to fuck up your legal career lady.  

A New York City Law Department employee who crashed Mayor Eric Adams' press conference posing as a reporter to confront him over toddler mask mandates has been terminated from her job.

Daniela Jampel, who served as assistant corporate counsel for the law department, questioned Adams on the mask requirement for pre-schoolers during the Q&A portion of an unrelated Monday news conference on LGBTQ issues.

The decision to terminate Jampel came after a Friday tweet that has since been deleted, a city source told NBC News on Tuesday.

In that tweet, she criticized Adams for keeping the toddler mask mandate in place, saying her job with the city included defending “cops who lie in court, teachers who molest children, prison guards who beat inmates,” and that she was ashamed of her office, the New York Postreported. 

• WTF 4

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I checked, it's real:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.d26fdcad314235cc08b713680dde3ea6.png

Darn, you can't search without an account -- I wanted to see if my ex was on there 🤣 

• Haha 7

8 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

Darn, you can't search without an account -- I wanted to see if my ex was on there 🤣 

Make a fake email adress and create an account 🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...