IGNORED

Stories During Corona Virus 2

Coconut Flan

Sigh Lady I hope you don't plan on coming back into a hospital if you come down with asevere case of COVID.  I am so fucking over these people

There was a tweet from the head of the Victorian branch of the Australian Medical Association which basically said (paraphrased): "if you're unvaccinated and get sick stay home and stop overloading the hospitals."

The tweet was widely decried ("hippocratic oath!" "Service!") but from a straw poll of the HCW I know summed up a lot of the feeling in the stretched past the limit but holding, just, people working in the hospitals at the time. Some of their response is due to the increase in abuse of staff by both patients and families,

"In rare, but nonetheless disturbing cases, the misinformation about the virus is so entrenched that families have made threats to kill or sue medical staff if their relative succumbed to a virus they do not believe is real."

"Despite the challenges posed by these conversations, he said healthcare workers always seek to respond with empathy.

“It’s helpful to try to understand how that would feel to suddenly realise that you’ve been misinformed and that due to that misinformation, someone that means the absolute world to you has become critically ill to the point where they might die,” he said."

Having said that the overwhelming sentiment is that HCW want to care for these patients, they want them to get better, but they also want a safe workplace. And in the end:

"He said he did not know of a single case in Victoria where the life of COVID-19 patient had been saved and the patients’ family, or patients themselves, had remained angry or upset about the treatment used to reach that outcome."

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

And I would love nothing more than to tell that nurse who got walked for not getting the vaccines to try laying in an ER cot for 30 plus hours then get back to me. 

• Upvote 5

Woman in an organization I'm part of at a  September meeting. "I am not getting vaccinated. My pastor has been handing out a letter drafted by an attorney that will excuse me from the covid vaccination for religious reasons. I've heard that it's fetal tissue that was used to help make the vaccinations."

Email from same woman this week. " I had a wonderful time in Florida but please pray for me as I now have covid."

As you can guess I'm just shaking my head.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 5

I'd be sorely tempted to send her this....

MyFieldOfBleeps.png.12198c2f9d305d93de208dd07871c948.png

Of course she'd probably ask what the word Fvck is supposed to mean...

• Upvote 3

On Thursday pretty close to all restrictions were lifted in my state when we hit 90% 16+year olds vaccinated.

So this weekend, which is beautiful and sunny after quite a wet and cold week, we have crowds out protesting... lockdowns.

I get you want to see your friends here guys, but maybe you could just have a picnic?

Also:

The stupid is global.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 5

Howard Stern has had enough of Qaron Rogers

Radio legend Howard Stern said that Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers should be thrown out of the NFL over last week’s vaccine controversy.

“I know the guy’s a real good football player, that’s why they put up with his bullshit,” he added. “If I ran the NFL ... If there was decency in this world, I would throw this guy out of the football league so fast [for] what he did to his fellow teammates.”

Rodgers said that he was taking ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug with no proven benefits in treating COVID-19, per Rogan’s guidance.

“I say the next time this fuckhead gets injured on the field, they should bring in Joe Rogan to fix the bones. They should have him treat him,” Stern said.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

11 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Howard Stern has had enough of Qaron Rogers

Neh, I think if Aaron Rodgers gets hurt someone should bring him a laptop instead of a stretcher so he can do his own research and figure out what he needs with no intervening real medical attention.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Vandalism and death threats at a cafe over covid-related restrictions. We have various covid restrictions including needing to check in via QR codes and show proof of vaccination (in the same app as the QR codes). This has been unpopular with the unvaccinated, who are bleating about segregation and discrimination (they can still get takeaway coffee, just can't eat in). 

So some of that particular brains trust group decided to vent their frustration by throwing a brick with a death threat tied to it through a cafe window. The threat specifically referenced the covid restrictions.

I am seriously sick of these over-entitled dipshits, not least because they keep holding protest rallies every weekend and helping keep the transmission going.

You don't want to get vaccinated? Fine. Stay the hell home.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

So some of that particular brains trust group decided to vent their frustration by throwing a brick with a death threat tied to it through a cafe window. The threat specifically referenced the covid restrictions.

That’s horrible and unacceptable.  I hope they catch those covidiots.

In the Seattle area, we are just starting to implement various ways to prove vaccination status.  I have a photo on my phone and carry a hard copy of my card in my wallet.  My neighbor has an app on her phone which is handy to scan at various venues (i.e., she used it at a hockey game).  To attend college football games, my husband was issued a wristband.  It couldn’t be taken off (or you had to get in line again for the whole process), so he wore the thing for weeks!  Funny story, my husband’s friend forgot his phone with the vax info, but the restaurant accepted his college football wristband! 

I need to figure out how to get the app.  My vax records are a mix of military and the booster will be at a local pharmacy, and there is difficulty coordinating.  Maybe I can get a wristband, lol!  

• Upvote 6

Another anti-vaxer preacher died. Yep. COVID. 

Marcus Lamb, founder of Bedford-based evangelical television network Daystar and an outspoken opponent of COVID-19 vaccines, has died after being hospitalized with the virus, the network announced Tuesday. He was 64. 

Lamb’s network has featured well-known vaccine-skeptics and programming, as well a group of physicians who support alternative treatments for dealing with COVID-19. Lamb was hospitalized in mid-November.

Joni, Lamb’s wife, said on the Tuesday morning broadcast that Lamb had diabetes and was hospitalized after his oxygen levels dropped. She said Lamb tried alternative treatments but was unable to recover.

I think it goes without saying how I feel bout this. 

TheGloriousTaleOfMyFieldOfFornicates.thumb.png.cb085e8dc084cfc363fa84cbce3afdce.png

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

I never would have bought his book on Martin Luther if I had known what a reich wing cannon of douche Metaxas was.  Since I'm the designated carrier of the Protestant Valyrian steel greatsword in my family I've been fascinated by Luther long before I swam cross the Thames.  Hell I even drove up to Madison to watch the 2003 movie on Luther since it wasn't shown locally.

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Oh just be a rebel and drive on the left at the oncoming trucks. FFS.

Edited by Ozlsn
Doubled!
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Local bookshop is hiring security staff after increase in attacks on staff.

Again, a response to being asked to check in and show vaccination code.  My personal feeling is that if you are so angry about this you should stay home and shop online rather than shoving people down escalators.

Wait- Antivaxxers, probably Republican, actually go to a bookstore? What will be next? Vegetarians going to a meat market?

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Wait- Antivaxxers, probably Republican, actually go to a bookstore? What will be next? Vegetarians going to a meat market?

They have picture books too...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

Be sure to watch both videos. :my_biggrin:

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 2

This anti-vaxxer should apologize to Mariah Carey for butchering her song. :tw_grimace:

Is anybody else following the tale of this gang of anti-vaxxer idiots in New York? They started with the Cheesecake Factory, then a Shake Shack, and now they've moved onto a new foe:

The ending:

Spoiler

The whole unrolled enchilada is here:

Applebees

Shake Shack

Cheesecake Factory

• WTF 3
  • Thank You 3