IGNORED

Stories During Corona Virus 2

Coconut Flan

To follow up on a story in the previous thread (see posts from May 28-30, 2021), a year ago Stetson claimed it would stop doing business with Hatwrks of Nashville, which was selling those yellow Star of David patches to protest vaccines.  I walked by yesterday, and the Stetson signs are up, along with an anti-mask screed on the doorway.  I would have taken a photo, but I didn't want to get in their line of fire.  Yikes!  There are still a few people wearing masks here in Nashville (i.e., still being worn in grocery stores), but not many.  Fortunately, there are a lot of outdoor options, so we rarely have to go indoors. 

Quote from last year:  Stetson has said it will stop selling its products through a hat store in Nashville, Tennessee which advertised anti-vaccination patches in the style of a Star of David, the badge which Jewish people were made to wear by the Nazis.

• Sad 1

Alert: I don't go to joemygod.com because it is riddled with an impossible number of pop-up ads.

@JoeMyGod.com is reporting on twitter that Michele "AntiVax" Bachmann is struggling with severe covid. Early on, "Bachmann declared that COVID is God’s judgment on America for its treatment of Israel..."

I can't find this confirmed anywhere else, but not surprising.

• Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, Howl said:

Alert: I don't go to joemygod.com because it is riddled with an impossible number of pop-up ads.

@JoeMyGod.com is reporting on twitter that Michele "AntiVax" Bachmann is struggling with severe covid. Early on, "Bachmann declared that COVID is God’s judgment on America for its treatment of Israel..."

I can't find this confirmed anywhere else, but not surprising.

Saw this from Right Wing Watch:

• Thank You 1

And it’s been a whole year already since this happened 

ah memories…

Wonder if butt fornicator 3000 double checks his zoom name now or not?  

• WTF 1
  • Haha 1

OK that made me laugh out loud. Airplane drinks. Really. 

Guys, if you want some all naturally synthesised snake venom injected in a perfectly natural (and therefore good, right?) manner may I suggest you take up snake handling and faith healing with taipans?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

Is anyone following the case of four cadets at the Air Force Academy who may not graduate because they are vaccine refuseniks?  This retired Air Force general, Marty France, has a few choice things to say about it and he is absolutely furious the the Air Force has let this slide instead of taking immediate action against them for directly disobeying orders. 

RETIRED USAF BRIGADIER GENERAL, MRFF ADVISORY BOARD MEMBER, EXCORIATES CADETS WHO MIGHT NOT GRADUATE FOR COVID VACCINE REFUSAL

(MRFF = Military Religious Freedom Foundation) 

"...The four USAFA cadets...are now just one week away from graduation and commissioning as officers in the US Air Force or (possibly) the US Space Force, but may not graduate due to their refusal to get the COVID vaccine...

"...Their behavior (disobeying a direct verbal order to be vaccinated), if extrapolated across the force, leaves our military at the mercy of whatever whim may strike a service member, especially since their supposed “religious exemption” request did not seem to apply to their earlier, numerous vaccines or medical care. Moreover, the vaccine has been approved and endorsed by every major Christian denomination in America as well as internationally (including the Pope, who declared it a “moral obligation”). 

...But this situation goes far beyond merely resigning. These four USAFA cadets (and other underclass cadets who have also refused to be vaccinated) are visibly, vocally, and illegally defying a lawful order put in place by legitimate military authority. They should be prosecuted for this offense under Article 92 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (“Failure to obey order or regulation”)—for which they are subject to punishment up to and including dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for two years."

• Thank You 8

This fanfic needs more demon sperm.

• Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 1

A less conspicuous vehicle might help him blend in better.

• Haha 3

I guess this is from a while ago but I just came across it today where people had a drive through pet blessing in the Philippines.

I immediately thought is holy water and cats really a good idea?

• 5 months later...

Remember America’s Front Line Doctors?  They are in a little bind right now.  Tee hee.

Daily Beast - spending those donations as fast as possible

(snipped from article)

Spoiler

The war for the right’s most prominent COVID quack group—and the millions of dollars it has raised through relentless fundraising and prescriptions for bogus coronavirus cures—had begun.

For months, AFLDS has been split between its board and Gold, the group’s charismatic founder and convicted Capitol rioter, over an internal audit into Gold’s personal spending. That dispute spilled into the open on Nov. 5, when the board sued Gold to try and force her to stop representing the organization, in a lawsuit first reported by Vice News. Now the lawsuit’s outcome could determine the fate of the group driving much of the medical disinformation on the pro-Trump right.

AFLDS is tearing itself apart in a fight over what Gold’s rivals describe as her extravagant spending using the group’s funds. The alleged purchases include $100,000 on a single private jet trip and $50,000 a month in Gold’s personal expenses. Much of the controversy has centered on AFLDS’s purchase of a $3.6 million mansion in Naples, Florida., where Gold lives with her boyfriend: a much younger underwear model and fellow Capitol rioter.

Gold isn’t backing down, penning threatening emails to board members and describing herself, alternately, as a “popular folk hero,” a “rainmaker,” and an avenging “lioness.”

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

On 11/14/2022 at 10:22 AM, CTRLZero said:

Remember America’s Front Line Doctors?  They are in a little bind right now.  Tee hee.

Daily Beast - spending those donations as fast as possible

(snipped from article)

Hide contents

The war for the right’s most prominent COVID quack group—and the millions of dollars it has raised through relentless fundraising and prescriptions for bogus coronavirus cures—had begun.

For months, AFLDS has been split between its board and Gold, the group’s charismatic founder and convicted Capitol rioter, over an internal audit into Gold’s personal spending. That dispute spilled into the open on Nov. 5, when the board sued Gold to try and force her to stop representing the organization, in a lawsuit first reported by Vice News. Now the lawsuit’s outcome could determine the fate of the group driving much of the medical disinformation on the pro-Trump right.

AFLDS is tearing itself apart in a fight over what Gold’s rivals describe as her extravagant spending using the group’s funds. The alleged purchases include $100,000 on a single private jet trip and $50,000 a month in Gold’s personal expenses. Much of the controversy has centered on AFLDS’s purchase of a $3.6 million mansion in Naples, Florida., where Gold lives with her boyfriend: a much younger underwear model and fellow Capitol rioter.

Gold isn’t backing down, penning threatening emails to board members and describing herself, alternately, as a “popular folk hero,” a “rainmaker,” and an avenging “lioness.”

Sounds like for those watching these Branch Trumpvidians some of this is in order now...

popcorn2.jpg.51815e29b3418491aee6699dc38e973b.jpg

• Haha 1