IGNORED

Stories During Corona Virus 2

Coconut Flan

9 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

So if he urinated into a bottle in the corner of the museum couldn't they get him for public urination?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 1/21/2022 at 5:53 AM, Cartmann99 said:

Arrest him for indecent exposure, public urination and make him clean the floors.

On 1/21/2022 at 5:15 AM, Howl said:

I'm so very sorry to hear this and condolences to you and your mom.  There's an extra pang because I'm 73 and know there's still so much life to live and his family is surely hurting deeply from this loss. 

On another sad note:  

Czech anti-coronavirus vaccine folk singer dies after deliberately getting infected with Covid-19, son says

Her husband and son were both vaccinated but had breakthrough covid.  She was only 57, and the son wants people to know she was swayed by disinformation about covid from social influencers. 

This is one issue I have with the "everyone is going to get it" narrative here at present. I have seen more than one person saying they just want to get it "to get it over with" and I'm like "it's not actually compulsory, you know that right?" It ties in with the "it's a mild variant" and "natural immunity will be better" tropes, sigh. It's also a novel virus with unknown long term effects, and whether it is mild for an individual depends on so many factors.

On 1/21/2022 at 6:14 AM, Cartmann99 said:

Oh dear Lord, what?! No, do not do this. Steam your vagina, it'll work just as well.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I have seen more than one person saying they just want to get it "to get it over with" and I'm like "it's not actually compulsory, you know that right?"

Plus there are people who have gotten COVID two and even three times, and variants keep popping up, so there’s really no such thing as “getting it over with.”

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Apologies in advance to any fans, but Meatloaf, you idiotic f**k, I don't consider your passing a huge loss to the world, and you did die a "free" man but, dude...SRSLY? 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, Howl said:

dude...SRSLY

That was pretty much my exact reaction. I liked his music (probably not least because it was high rotation on local radio where I lived growing up), he had an amazing voice - but he also had a number of factors that made him higher risk of serious disease, and I honestly don't understand why people chose to politicise a vaccine, of all things, and why so many people including him appear to have bought into it. I feel for his family (and all the families in the position of seeing loved ones die due to misinformation), as it is hard enough without knowing that this may have been preventable. I suspect in the end the sentence "if I die, I die.." sums up an underlying belief that this won't happen to them - and it is an awful surprise to many when it does.

(Side note: I guess the "that" turned out to be "get a vaccine"... which is just sad.)

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

13 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

I suspect in the end the sentence "if I die, I die.." sums up an underlying belief that this won't happen to them - and it is an awful surprise to many when it does

This. I‘ve seen so many Covid ICU doctors sharing stories of very sick people begging them to receive the vaccine. It‘s heartbreaking. I‘m going back and forth between „I have no pity with dying antivaxxers“ and feeling sorry for them. Those who spread misinformation prey on the very insecure and in a way vulnerable people with perfidious tactics. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I got curious about the quoted verse on the sign, so looked it up:

Anyone who kidnaps someone is to be put to death, whether the victim has been sold or is still in the kidnapper’s possession.

No one is trying to kidnap children to vaccinate them, but hey why not take a verse from a personal injury code developed in a completely different time and culture and apply it to a non-existent situation?

The only thing I can think of is that some of these people may have had interactions with CPS - one wonders why - and are applying the "kidnapped" narrative beloved of the Nauglers. In which case good luck kids, you're going to need it - and run as far and as fast as you can.

The appeal to violence unfortunately doesn't surprise me - we've had nooses at protests against vaccine mandates, and signs with targets superimposed on political - and non-political - public figures' faces.  There are still people who seriously believe kidnapped children are being stored in a tunnel about 250km north of Melbourne - why there or at all no one can answer coherently. God knows how the Tongan volcano will end up being incorporated into their narrative.

• Upvote 2

Antivaxxer can’t get a heart transplant now. 

David Ferguson is speaking out passionately on behalf of his son DJ. He says the 31-year-old is fighting for his life at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and in desperate need of a heart transplant. “My son has gone to the edge of death to stick to his guns and he’s been pushed to the limit,” Ferguson said.

The family says he was at the front of the line to receive a transplant but because he has not received the COVID-19 vaccination he is no longer eligible according to hospital policy. And Ferguson says his son refuses to get the shot.

Brigham and Women’s released a statement saying, “And like many other transplant programs in the United States – the COVID-19 vaccine is one of several vaccines and lifestyle behaviors required for transplant candidates in the Mass General Brigham system in order to create both the best chance for a successful operation and also the patient’s survival after transplantation.”

Dr. Arthur Caplan is Head of Medical Ethics at NYU Grossman School of Medicine. He says being vaccinated is necessary for this type of procedure. “Post any transplant, kidney, heart whatever, your immune system is shut off,” Caplan said. “The flu could kill you, a cold could kill you, COVID could kill you. The organs are scarce, we are not going to distribute them to someone who has a poor chance of living when others who are vaccinated have a better chance post-surgery of surviving.”

Fuck this guy. And his dad. Someone else had to die for a heart transplant to take place so those who receive have to honor that sacrifice by living in a way that lets them live as long as possible. 

• Upvote 11

On 1/23/2022 at 11:59 PM, Ozlsn said:

I got curious about the quoted verse on the sign, so looked it up:

Anyone who kidnaps someone is to be put to death, whether the victim has been sold or is still in the kidnapper’s possession.

LOL, I'm guessing this is a verse that got carefully ignored during the colonial era in the US, among other places.

No one is kidnapping children to vaccinate them. If CPS is taking these peoples' kids, it's got to be for good reason - and refusing to vaccinate (while ignorant) isn't reason enough. 

These people are scary - partly because they are violent and they have surely already caused innumerable deaths by refusing to take basic precautions in a pandemic, but also because they are so aggressively ignorant. And worse, they seem to be unreachable and unteachable. They hold up ignorance as admirable and lies as truth. And I think a lot of it is insecurity. They are vulnerable, or not that intelligent, or don't believe in their own intelligence, so they proclaim themselves geniouses who know more than the "sheep" who look to actual science and consider education a positive thing. It makes them feel smart and good to "know" something other people don't (because it's fake, but they might not realize that), and think they are better and smarter than others because of it. And they can't even consider the chance that what they "know" might be incorrect, because then they'd be wrong, and they wouldn't be the smartest, and they'd feel insignificant like they really feel like they are hidden inside, and their ego would take a huge blow. 

I want to be compassionate, and encourage them to use the brains God gave them, and to listen and think and get therapy. 

But they are literally killing people, so I'm all out of compassion. They are stupid. They are making other people stupid. They are making our country, even the world, seem stupider by the day. They are proud of how undereducated and ignorant they are, and are happy to be fleeced by the smarter, crueler people at the top of their information food chain. 

Pro tip to any conspiracy theorists who stumble upon this: If you think you are smarter than average because you know something the general public doesn't believe in, you need to take a very close look at that thing you believe. Because unless it's some brain-melting physics phenomenon you've studied carefully and done actual experiments and research about, it very well might be fake. You very well might be less smart than you think. Top secret things aren't out in plain sight in right-wing forums. Anything that requires the knowledge of hundreds of people is not secret. Did your "research" involve obscure forums, youtube videos, or people constantly being "jailed" on Twitter or Facebook? Fake. It's fake. 

In general actual smart people recognize that there is always more to learn, always someone who knows more than you or is smarter than you, and that everyone has something to teach. If you think you know everything? You're not smart.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Antivaxxer can’t get a heart transplant now. 

Fuck this guy. And his dad. Someone else had to die for a heart transplant to take place so those who receive have to honor that sacrifice by living in a way that lets them live as long as possible. 

I feel sorry for his family, because it would be awful to be in that situation. Refusing to be vaccinated and being removed from the transplant list isn't new though - and frankly if you trust medicine enough to do your heart transplant you might want to trust them when they require you to get vaccinated. Unfortunately this man has made an "educated" choice, fortunately it was made by him on his behalf rather than on behalf of a child as happened more frequently pre-pandemic. I honestly don't understand the disconnect between being willing to trust your doctor to get a transplant but not a vaccine.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I feel sorry for his family, because it would be awful to be in that situation. Refusing to be vaccinated and being removed from the transplant list isn't new though - and frankly if you trust medicine enough to do your heart transplant you might want to trust them when they require you to get vaccinated. Unfortunately this man has made an "educated" choice, fortunately it was made by him on his behalf rather than on behalf of a child as happened more frequently pre-pandemic. I honestly don't understand the disconnect between being willing to trust your doctor to get a transplant but not a vaccine.

What I'm now wondering is if as an organ donor I can mandate that none of my organs or other material go to some asswipe who refuses vaccinations.  I want to help people but if something happened to me I don't want to help those who actively refuse to honor my sacrifice by acting like this clown did.   

• Upvote 4

I can pretty much guarantee that they won't. There's a shortage of donor organs, they won't do the transplant unless the recipient has had all required vaccines. 

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I honestly don't understand the disconnect between being willing to trust your doctor to get a transplant but not a vaccine.

This! Like, I'll trust you to kill my immune system, give me all sorts of lifelong medications, literally remove my heart from my body and replace it with one from some random dead person I don't know and have never met, and keep me alive during this difficult, time consuming, extremely expensive procedure. I'll also trust you to take care of me and keep me alive and help with pain after the surgery. I'll have an IV and anesthesia and all sorts of injections and not know what's in any of them, most likely, and I won't complain a bit. Only 50,000 or so of these procedures have been done worldwide, but I trust you!

But a simple, free vaccine to keep me from dying? One that millions upon millions of people have taken with no negative effects and that has been shown to drastically reduce the risk of severe illness and death? Heck no! Who knows what's in that thing? You are a tool of the government, aren't you?!?!?!

Like dude. Really. If they were trying to kill you, they'd just have the operation fail. If they wanted to implant a tracker, they'll have your whole chest open and plenty of time while you're under anesthesia to do so. They could literally do anything at all to you. But it's the vaccine that's scary?

• Upvote 11

Qaron Rodgers has that theory as to why people were rooting against him last Sunday  

Now, in the wake of playoff defeat, Rodgers said there was "one reason only" that some have celebrated at his expense.

"There was a ton of people tuning in, rooting against us for one reason and one reason only -- it's because of my vaccination status," Rodgers told McAfee.

"Wanting to see us lose so they can pile on, enjoy and revel in the fact that my vaccination status was some sort of reason why we haven't had success in the playoffs."

Geez someone thinks a bit highly of himself 

• Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 1

Just talked to my neighbor who had knee replacement surgery late last week.   Going to help her out with some things while she recovers but wow what she told me makes me want to crawl under a rock and stay there.   

She was lucky to get her surgery when she did; she was pretty close to being incapacitated by her knee, she was hoping to delay it but it got too bad.    Her surgery was moved around to 3 different local hospitals as they stopped doing surgeries.  She was lucky to get it done at the 3rd place, but even then they didn't have a bed for her post-op.  They did let her stay in the outpatient recovery area until her sister came to get her.   But they had to release her even though she really wasn't ready to go home because no beds.  

Makes me not want to go anywhere as I sure don't want to get into an accident and now is not the time to have any sort of medical need.   Good thing we stocked up on ice melter because I don't want to go down on my tailbone with all the snow / ice around here. 

Seriously, the stuff we gotta worry about these days because Covidiots refusing vaccines, overwhelming the health system to the point that people who absolutely need medical care can't get it.    

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 4

On 1/23/2022 at 10:59 PM, Ozlsn said:

No one is trying to kidnap children to vaccinate them, but hey why not take a verse from a personal injury code developed in a completely different time and culture and apply it to a non-existent situation?

I'd guess this is a spinoff of the QAnon "they kidnap children to harvest them for adrenochrome or the sex trade" narrative.  Because OUR CHILDREN! Panic! Eleventy!!!!!!1!!!!1!!!

"There was a ton of people tuning in, rooting against us for one reason and one reason only -- it's because of my vaccination status," [Aaron] Rodgers told McAfee.

One of those people was me.  I also thought it was a very, very bad bet to heavily run the "Jake from State Farm" guy/Aaron Rodgers ad during that game. Made a very bad impression on me, because they are supporting disinformation about covid by presenting Rodgers as an OK guy.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3

On 1/26/2022 at 2:18 PM, nokidsmom said:

Just talked to my neighbor who had knee replacement surgery late last week.   Going to help her out with some things while she recovers but wow what she told me makes me want to crawl under a rock and stay there.   

She was lucky to get her surgery when she did; she was pretty close to being incapacitated by her knee, she was hoping to delay it but it got too bad.    Her surgery was moved around to 3 different local hospitals as they stopped doing surgeries.  She was lucky to get it done at the 3rd place, but even then they didn't have a bed for her post-op.  They did let her stay in the outpatient recovery area until her sister came to get her.   But they had to release her even though she really wasn't ready to go home because no beds.  

Makes me not want to go anywhere as I sure don't want to get into an accident and now is not the time to have any sort of medical need.   Good thing we stocked up on ice melter because I don't want to go down on my tailbone with all the snow / ice around here. 

Seriously, the stuff we gotta worry about these days because Covidiots refusing vaccines, overwhelming the health system to the point that people who absolutely need medical care can't get it.    

Yeah if my miniscus tear repair surgery was two years later they would’ve probably said to wait no matter what. My dad was lucky that he didn’t have his hernia repair surgery last week delayed because of these anti vax fuck sticks. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 5

Make ill-informed choices, die a lonely, crappy and most likely preventable premature death on a ventilator. Honestly, why do these guys believe it won't happen to them?

• Upvote 3