IGNORED

Trace Bates 2: Dating A Poor Persecuted Refugee with A Purpose?

nelliebelle1197

I like Lydia, probably because of Maui, but Trace has never held much interest to me. The two of them seem intent on being YouTube stars with even less going on in their lives than Lawson and Tiffany. Trace doesn’t seem like he works at all even though he supposedly has a construction business. Lydia’s photography seems like it’s just a hobby. These two really need to figure out how they’re going to support a family. That said, Trace did come off as a little more humble and somewhat likable in this video.

• Upvote 4

If Tori has a baby this year (and odds are she will), it was make it the most Bates babies born in a single year at 5. I suspect with more and more married children, that number will climb.

• Upvote 6

If Josie has one this year as well we might have a blessedly Bates-Babyless 2024? Yes? Wishful thinking? 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Hazelbunny said:

If Josie has one this year as well we might have a blessedly Bates-Babyless 2024? Yes? Wishful thinking? 

Maybe. But Jackson will likely announce an engagement soon, so a 2024 baby from him is likely. Nesther #2. 

But with a 2023 baby boom, 2024 should be a little lighter. 

• Upvote 8

That’s too bad. I hoped they would wait longer. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

Trace made it clearly in their end of the year Q&A he really wanted a baby in 2023. I feel for Lydia because I think she would have liked to wait. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

38 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Maybe. But Jackson will likely announce an engagement soon, so a 2024 baby from him is likely. Nesther #2. 

But with a 2023 baby boom, 2024 should be a little lighter. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nathan and Esther had #2 before the end of 2023. Nathan seems hung ho on popping them out as quickly as possible.

Lawson and Tiffany are also a possibility, assuming no medical issues and the couple stays together. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, postscript said:

Lawson and Tiffany are also a possibility, assuming no medical issues and the couple stays together. 

They seem to be struggling to conceive (they have mentioned being disappointed at not being pregnant yet a few times). 

I think Esther will be pregnant again by the end of 2023, but Kenna was an October baby, so I think she will likely have baby #2 in early 2024 unless they have crazy close spacing. 

• Upvote 2

Lydia definitely seemed like she wasn't thrilled with the positive test and that she was hoping that it was a false positive.  I know when I got my positives I was super excited and not verbalizing " well, maybe it's wrong...I'll wait 3 days and take another test." And "the line seems faint". 

• Upvote 9

8 minutes ago, JMO said:

Lydia definitely seemed like she wasn't thrilled with the positive test and that she was hoping that it was a false positive.  I know when I got my positives I was super excited and not verbalizing " well, maybe it's wrong...I'll wait 3 days and take another test." And "the line seems faint". 

By the time I had gotten pregnant with my son, I'd had back to back miscarriages and with that pregnancy I kept analyzing the test because my heart couldn't handle another loss. 

As far as I know, Lydia hasn't had a loss, so her reaction is definitely abnormal. But she has seemed rleunctant all along and I feel sorry for her. 

• Thank You 1
  • Love 4

As someone mentioned before, she married a Bates, what did she expect?  Is this the first grandchild on her side of the family?  I'm sure this isn't exactly the case, but it seems like G&K are more excited about the pregnancies and the grandchild is maybe special on the day they're born and that's it.  At least Halie is the first grandchild on her dad's side of the family, so she and Katie can not be so quickly "forgotten" after the baby is born as G&K's attention is then on the next pregnant daugher(s) or daughter(s)-in-law.

I hope this is coming out the way i mean it to, I don't mean to imply G&K have literally forgotten Katie, sorry if it sounds like I'm saying that.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

My cousin’s wife was convinced the faint second line meant she wasn’t pregnant. She thought it had to be the same darkness as the control line for it to be positive. Sometimes people who aren’t old hats at taking pregnancy tests (that’s me!) don’t know that a faint line is typically just as positive as a darker line. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

As someone mentioned before, she married a Bates, what did she expect?  Is this the first grandchild on her side of the family?  I'm sure this isn't exactly the case, but it seems like G&K are more excited about the pregnancies and the grandchild is maybe special on the day they're born and that's it.  At least Halie is the first grandchild on her dad's side of the family, so she and Katie can not be so quickly "forgotten" after the baby is born as G&K's attention is then on the next pregnant daugher(s) or daughter(s)-in-law.

I hope this is coming out the way i mean it to, I don't mean to imply G&K have literally forgotten Katie, sorry if it sounds like I'm saying that.

Unless Lydia's SIL is pregnant and hasn't announced yet, then yes this will be the first grandchild on her side. 

And I know what you mean. Travis's parents seemed way more excited and involved than Gil and Kelly, because for them this is new. I am sure G&K love them all but it is hard to be that involved in the lives of so many grandkids.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My cousin’s wife was convinced the faint second line meant she wasn’t pregnant. She thought it had to be the same darkness as the control line for it to be positive. Sometimes people who aren’t old hats at taking pregnancy tests (that’s me!) don’t know that a faint line is typically just as positive as a darker line. 

The line was faint since she took it 3 days before her period was due. She also didn’t know that cramps are a common first symptom of pregnancy (implantation). Not surprised she thought they are a sign that her period was coming. I think she was pretty happy but nervous.

She will be 25 and he will be 26 when the baby comes. They are a lot older than some of the 19 year olds we have seen in this group. We can also revisit that conversation that yes, she would ski while in the 1st trimester. I know we had talked about that speculation with several of the wives. I wonder if Josie will be ready for a new one now that one of her besties Lydia is pregnant this year. 

• Upvote 6

Ughh fuck. I'm pregnant with my second and last (haven't announce yet) and due September 26... My kiddo might share a bday with a Bates 🥴

• Love 18

I could swear that she said they didn't want a baby right away... maybe I'm not remembering correctly. Although, not surprised, they are fundies!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

I could swear that she said they didn't want a baby right away... maybe I'm not remembering correctly. Although, not surprised, they are fundies!

She said SHE didn't want a baby right away. Trace, OTOH, wanted a baby right away. I believe this came from their last Q&A. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Smoochie said:

She said that she didn't want one right away but that at the end of the year she started getting baby fever (paraphrasing)

• Upvote 3

She said she wasn't ready right when they got married. I'm trying to direct quote her in the video... 

At this point, I don't even know what I am hoping this test says. I did want to wait a couple more months. But this past month, well let's say right after I got married I was just like so happy to just be married, I was like, I don't even want to think about kids. And then this past month, the entire month of January, I was like, ugh, I want a baby so bad. I don't know why. I just changed my mind. It was like the moment January hit, I was like ugh, maybe I do want a kid. Like not wait a long time to get pregnant. I was like maybe I should just not be careful and see what happens. I just don't know. I don't know what came over me but I have a whole board of pictures of all these cute babies and like I have like major baby fever for some reason. So I would be so happy honestly to have a baby. I already have all my showers planned. Yeah so I might actually be pretty disappointed if my test is not real or its... I'm not pregnant. 

ETA All of this to say, basically, reading between the lines, they were careful until January and then she got pregnant right when they weren't careful. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

I thought she looked panicked.  A real reaction. And then he went on to say that he felt like a kid and wasn't sure he was ready to be a dad.  At least that seemed like a true reaction to me.  

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My husband briefly thought this this pregnancy lol but I think that's because he was so accustomed to OPKs by that point lol. It was barely a positive test at that point too, once he saw one like two days later he realized it was positive.

12 hours ago, gobucks said:

She said she wasn't ready right when they got married. I'm trying to direct quote her in the video... 

At this point, I don't even know what I am hoping this test says. I did want to wait a couple more months. But this past month, well let's say right after I got married I was just like so happy to just be married, I was like, I don't even want to think about kids. And then this past month, the entire month of January, I was like, ugh, I want a baby so bad. I don't know why. I just changed my mind. It was like the moment January hit, I was like ugh, maybe I do want a kid. Like not wait a long time to get pregnant. I was like maybe I should just not be careful and see what happens. I just don't know. I don't know what came over me but I have a whole board of pictures of all these cute babies and like I have like major baby fever for some reason. So I would be so happy honestly to have a baby. I already have all my showers planned. Yeah so I might actually be pretty disappointed if my test is not real or its... I'm not pregnant. 

ETA All of this to say, basically, reading between the lines, they were careful until January and then she got pregnant right when they weren't careful. 

She got knocked up the first week of January. So it must have been like the New Years eve ball dropped and she got baby fever.

• Upvote 3

I believe September is a very popular month for birthdays. I figure it’s because people get drunk and get it on around New Years. 

• Upvote 3

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic