IGNORED

Trace Bates 2: Dating A Poor Persecuted Refugee with A Purpose?

nelliebelle1197

7 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Yeah who was it that slipped Lawson’s with the couple in the background. I remember posting it but I can’t remember who it was 

Carlin. It is always Carlin (she even had a YouTube video showing a Christmas card with a pregnant Lauren Duggar lol). 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 3

It's a lovely dress. I don't particularly care for the buttons all the way down her back - seems like it would be uncomfortable to sit down in. But it's very pretty and she looks great.

Trace Bates 0- white socks and unpolished shoes

Austin Forsyth 10- highly polished black dress shoes!

Joy has got the beige ankle strap sandals just right for a change

The shoes on all the guests are hugely snarkable- what is it about Bates and shoes- have they never heard of shoe polish?

20221002_200334.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

54 minutes ago, Dbm said:

I am underwhelmed by the dress, especially the bottom half I don't like the fabric.

Reveal hidden contents

1751761975_Screenshot2022-10-02at10_14_21pm.thumb.png.f91eba663298d7da11741006e8f27ef7.png

Okay, I like it way less from the front. Still not the worst Bates dress, by any means.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Dbm said:

I am underwhelmed by the dress, especially the bottom half I don't like the fabric.

Hide contents

1751761975_Screenshot2022-10-02at10_14_21pm.thumb.png.f91eba663298d7da11741006e8f27ef7.png

Joy looks great! I'm not digging Austin's beard, though. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 21

1 hour ago, Sops2 said:Trace Bates 0- white socks and unpolished shoes

Austin Forsyth 10- highly polished black dress shoes!

Joy has got the beige ankle strap sandals just right for a change

The shoes on all the guests are hugely snarkable- what is it about Bates and shoes- have they never heard of shoe polish?

I think Lydia was very much into the details so I think Trace’s shoes and socks were exactly the aesthetic they wanted.  I was at a funeral yesterday and the deceased’s twentysomething hipster grandson did a reading. His pants were about three inches above his ankles. I assume that was the look his was going for. I went to a wedding last year where the groom was in a suit without socks. I’m not really in sync with current fashion trends.

(I’m not sure how the first line ended up in the heading.)

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Lydia's dress is giving me Twilight vibes. I think I prefer her rehearsal gown to her actual wedding gown. 

She has such a beautiful figure, it's kind of a shame she went for this boring dress. Tiffany's would look amazing on her, butt-bow and all. 

Her hair is probably the best non-scraggly down style we've seen from recent fundie weddings. Assuming this is Josie's companies hair and makeup work. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20221002_215850.thumb.jpg.9e384fadb2341b58a2182f7107ce2d7b.jpg

I do like a black and white/single color themed wedding but generally this one is kinda meh. 

Edited by HideousGreenShirt
Adding hair and makeup photo
  • Upvote 4

Another case of the back of the dress looking better (better details, flow, fit) than the front. The dress doesn’t have a smooth lay across the front. Very meh imo.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I can't comprehend the dresses that look like they are made to trip and break a bone while wearing.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dbm said:

Hide contents

7 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Lydia's dress is giving me Twilight vibes. I think I prefer her rehearsal gown to her actual wedding gown. 

She has such a beautiful figure, it's kind of a shame she went for this boring dress. Tiffany's would look amazing on her, butt-bow and all. 

Her hair is probably the best non-scraggly down style we've seen from recent fundie weddings. Assuming this is Josie's companies hair and makeup work. 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20221002_215850.thumb.jpg.9e384fadb2341b58a2182f7107ce2d7b.jpg

I do like a black and white/single color themed wedding but generally this one is kinda meh. 

I agree that her rehearsal dress was much nicer, especially the bottom. Her wedding dress is too thin and cheap looking to me, at least it wasn't shiny. I liked the tops on both.

With regards to her hair, I'd bet my last dollar she had extensions put in. Her hair is not that thick nor long last I saw! Fundies really have a thing with long hair and most of them have extensions too.

Edited by Smoochie
  • Upvote 5

Now that I see the front I am also a bit disappointed. I understand now why she first only shared pictures from the back

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I really love the dress, but hate the black and white theme and those ubiquitous silky dresses, they have been overdone. All the pictures without someone in white look like a funeral, it's so weird to me that fundies find black an appropriate color for funerals.

I had been reading about how with Queen Elizabeth's funeral proceedings the main dudes mostly wore navy suits, that in the UK black suits are outdated and relegated to limo drivers and tuxes. 

• Bless Your Heart 1

9 minutes ago, freethemall said:

All the pictures without someone in white look like a funeral

Yeah, I kinda agree. The small kids, in particular, look so sad all in black, imho. But hey, different strokes and all...

A lot of female participants looked cold. There was a family wedding of mine held about 100 miles away, also on Saturday, and lots of the women looked like they needed at least a shawl.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

A lot of female participants looked cold. There was a family wedding of mine held about 100 miles away, also on Saturday, and lots of the women looked like they needed at least a shawl.

I noticed that, in the more informal pics I’ve seen a lot of the guests are wearing coats. Looks like they probably planned for a typically warm autumn day and got cold gusty weather instead. The coolest case of a weather turned bad outdoor wedding was a friend getting married on a cliff leading to the ocean and there was a lightening strike and cloudburst over the water right as they were pronounced husband and wife. Not the weather they planned for, but turned out amazing. 

• Upvote 4

I like her dress. It’s pretty. I like most wedding dresses as long as they fit and aren’t strangely altered. I hate it when fundies wear dresses that are too big. It just ruins the look. Thankfully they don’t have to alter dresses much these days since there are plenty of modest options. So I would say I like most of the fundie wedding dresses these days. 

• Upvote 5

On 10/3/2022 at 5:01 PM, HereticHick said:

Erin and Tori had blankets over them as they played music.

I think Ian brought a big cold front. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

I’m always surprised that the Bateses seem to be cool with butt hugging tight thin fabric on wedding dresses. God forbid they show even a hint of cleavage, but tight and slinky and curving under the butt is all good. Just seems much more risqué and suggestive to me than a little exposed skin. 

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, Johannah said:

I’m always surprised that the Bateses seem to be cool with butt hugging tight thin fabric on wedding dresses. God forbid they show even a hint of cleavage, but tight and slinky and curving under the butt is all good. Just seems much more risqué and suggestive to me than a little exposed skin. 

The Bates parents can’t stop a daughter in law from choosing a dress like that. They can only control their own daughters. And most of them didn’t have a butt hugging dress. The Bates boys don’t go after frumpy fundie girls. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic