IGNORED

Trace Bates 2: Dating A Poor Persecuted Refugee with A Purpose?

nelliebelle1197

I give them points for a romantic, elegant, dignified, non awkward 1st kiss (after being married). Goes to show you what a little practice and time alone can do.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, moreorlessnu said:

I give them points for a romantic, elegant, dignified, non awkward 1st kiss (after being married). Goes to show you what a little practice and time alone can do.

I was wondering if anyone noticed that they kissed a few times during the pre-wedding photos. (I’m guessing they may have kissed before but who really knows.). Trace said something in the vid that b/c of the rehearsal they were as good as married so it was ok to kiss in the photos and the preacher okayed it. 
Whatever, Trace. However you have to finagle it to not make Jesus and your parents mad at you. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Upvote 14

17 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I was wondering if anyone noticed that they kissed a few times during the pre-wedding photos. (I’m guessing they may have kissed before but who really knows.). Trace said something in the vid that b/c of the rehearsal they were as good as married so it was ok to kiss in the photos and the preacher okayed it. 
Whatever, Trace. However you have to finagle it to not make Jesus and your parents mad at you. 

I think most of the Bates boys kissed their future wives before marriage.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Trace said something in the vid that b/c of the rehearsal they were as good as married so it was ok to kiss in the photos and the preacher okayed it. 

Oh the hypocrisy. So they could have had sex the rehearsal day? Like when Shosanna Pearl had sex because she was engaged...

Can all these people stop fussing about a kiss??? This is ridiculous. Yeah Trace, you kissed your girlfriend, as basically every couple does. Full stop.

• Upvote 17

They grew up in this horrible culture where you should feel guilty for kissing your fiancé. It’s disgusting. No one should have to justify this. No one should feel any shame for doing this. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

• 3 weeks later...

Coming out of part- time lurking, because everytime I dipped my toes into the Bateses they where to blond, bland and boring to catch my interest. But I can bring some more information on the Romeike family.

The Romeikes are from Ludwigsburg, a town in the southwest german state of Baden- Wuerttemberg near Stuttgart. This region is a center of the evangelical christian movement of Pietism. The most promennt members where Otto von Bismarck in the 19th Century and the politician and former Federal President of Germany Johannes Rau and his wife Christina. The pietists are a small fundie subsect of the Lutheran church, but are political active and played an unholy prominent role in anti Covid protests. I don't know for sure if the Romeikes are pietists, but it is very likely given their beliefs and their hometown.

Their insistence on leaving Germany for the US because of homeschooling is a red herring. As others have said, they could have moved to another EU country where homeschooling is allowed to gain this. It was about their idea of parental rights against the german idea of children rights. They where not the first and not the last parents who tried the court route to homeschool their children and everytime it where some kind of heavily religious parents. And everytime the courts ruled against them. By german law a child has a right to an education and to be brought up to function in a wide and diverse society. By german law this will be achieved by attenting public school. The Romeikes could have send their kids to a religious school, but they refused because it wasn't their flavour of religion and they had to teach the fundie controversial topics of evolution, sex education and so on. They could have moved to Austria or another european contry, but again would have faced controll mechanisms to ensure that the kids got a decent education. To homeschool in Austria, you have to teach the state curriculum and attend yearly testings to ensure this. If you fail, the child has to attend public school. The same in other european country. The fundie idea of throwing a couple worksheets from a heavily religious curriculum like Abeka on the dining table and calling it an education won't fly in any country of EU.

So for their idea of parental rights vs. children rights they had to leave Germany and the EU entirely, because they couldn't get that here. They could have tried the legal route of emmigration, but I don't know when the unholy alliance with the HSDLA started and I don't know much about this organisation either. And I didn't found many articles about them after they got denied asylum or what they do now in the US. Seems like with that they lost their political use and are now living their fundie dream life or whatever.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 27

• 3 weeks later...

Trace asked Lydia 3 or 4 times if she had baby fever in their current YouTube video (where they take newborn photos of Kenna Bates). She said no every time. We will see. 

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 4

Has every Bates couple so far been pregnant within the first year of marriage? Maybe Lydia and Trace will break records and *gasp* wait at least a couple years into marriage before having children. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

Has every Bates couple so far been pregnant within the first year of marriage? Maybe Lydia and Trace will break records and *gasp* wait at least a couple years into marriage before having children. 

Of course Michael wasn’t. But I believe everyone else has gotten pregnant in the first year. Of course Tiff and Lydia are still in their first year of marriage. So one of them can be the first. One of the longest ones so far was Katie who got pregnant at exactly 6 months after using some form of birth control. Erin got pregnant right away but had multiple miscarriages. The Bateses are pretty fertile. Although they seem to have a lot of pregnancy complications like the clothing disorder. 

• Upvote 6

Other than Michael (infertility), only Tiffany hasn't and she showed a negative pregnancy test in one of their vlogs, implying that they are actively trying. 

Katie is the first Bates not to have a baby by their first anniversary without some known issue (miscarriage or infertility) and she will be 6.5 months pregnant by then 

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 1

Undocumented immigrants can and do marry US citizens and even US Military members. My mother was undocumented, had a fraudulent SS card and even worked all her life. She did not speak Spanish at home unless she was speaking to one of her relatives (most of whom disowned her). My dad's family spoke some strange combination of German and English during family get-togethers. Food, culture, all that crap was 100% American for me. 

And no, my mother was never busted by the authorities. It became a pain in the ass later in life. I didn't find out about her undocumented status until I was undergoing a security clearance investigation. And, of course, she was not eligible for Social Security, Medicare or any of that shit. That's why I ended up taking care of her. It was either that or put her out on the street. I am still rather salty about that, she was Cuban and could have gotten her status cleared during the amnesties offered. She didn't. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

Trace came over  rather obnoxious and with the behaviour, speech and inflection of Lawson in the Kenna baby photoshoot. He was pretty annoying

Nathan was  a very hands on dad, and seemed far more settled and content with his role as husband and father. He did the work, and Esther got to sit back and watch. 

Interesting. Lydia is going to get fed up with this, and should pick up some tips from Esther

• Upvote 5

Good!  In the general way of it, I think by the time the baby arrives women have done a hell of a lot and the fathers should step up and lend a hand, especially during the first few months postpartum when mom is healing.  I hope Nathan mellows some as he ages and proves to be a good partner and father.  Remains to be seen, of course, but it would be easy to improve on where he came from.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

• 3 weeks later...

I’m watching this weeks video from Trace & Lydia.  Kelly Joe got scammed. She paid side and seed for a Siberian husky puppy for Ellie and then she made another amount because they said they were broken needed dog food then they went to Atlanta to pick up the dog and they were asked for more money. Offending party finally admitted that yes they were scamming.

The good news is they went to IKEA bought some thing Lydia brought it home and assembled it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

I’m watching this weeks video from Trace & Lydia.  Kelly Joe got scammed. She paid side and seed for a Siberian husky puppy for Ellie and then she made another amount because they said they were broken needed dog food then they went to Atlanta to pick up the dog and they were asked for more money. Offending party finally admitted that yes they were scamming.

The good news is they went to IKEA bought some thing Lydia brought it home and assembled it.

Maybe they should go to a fucking shelter or reputable rescue instead of shopping for puppy mills online 🙄 The Bateses disgust me in so many ways.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe they should go to a fucking shelter or reputable rescue instead of shopping for puppy mills online 🙄 The Bateses disgust me in so many ways.

Apparently, mutts aren't good enough for these assholes. I think they aren't good enough for mutts! 🐕

Edited by marmalade
Rouge comma!
  • Upvote 9

Just now, marmalade said:

Apparently, mutts,aren't good enough for these assholes. I think they aren't good enough for mutts! 🐕

I fully admit, I would never get an animal from a breeder. Ever. We are cat people not dog people. So maybe that’s partly why. Do I love certain breeds of cats? Yes, absolutely. However as long as there are cat shelters full of awesome non-pure bred cats, that’s where we will be adopting our family pets. Our tabby cat that was found as a stray by the shelter is perfect for our family. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

We also have a ginger tabby who was found, with her 3 kittens, as a stray. The kittens had been adopted out by the time we found her. We've adopted from TBE shelter and rescued off the street. Pure breeds are all well and good, but my tabbys and tuxedos and torties need me more. 💕

• Upvote 7
  • Love 7

My mom just ended up with an Abyssinian cat. He was abandoned and wound up at her house in the summer. We all thought he had a home and was just out exploring but last week when the temperature dipped to -40, it was obvious he had been tossed. He’s a lovely boy, under a year and once he moved in, couldn’t get enough food and water. He has been to the vet and treated, neutered etc. All of the other cats any of us have had a have been ally cats that needed homes. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 6

35 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

My mom just ended up with an Abyssinian cat. He was abandoned and wound up at her house in the summer. We all thought he had a home and was just out exploring but last week when the temperature dipped to -40, it was obvious he had been tossed. He’s a lovely boy, under a year and once he moved in, couldn’t get enough food and water. He has been to the vet and treated, neutered etc. All of the other cats any of us have had a have been ally cats that needed homes. 

They are a very pretty breed. Is he talky? I was thinking they are a talky breed like Siamese cats. I have a hard time with talky animals. I can’t believe the Bateses are trying to buy huskies. That’s the talkiest dog breed of them all! I would never get a husky for that reason alone. Our tabby only gets talky when he really wants food. 

• Upvote 1

Warden is 19 and Ellie is 15. It seems like a really odd time for both of them to get dogs. I don’t know if Warden is living at home or what, but he’s probably working full-time and won’t have a lot of time to take care of a dog. Ellie seems to take a lot of trips to visit out of state sisters and will probably be starting Crown in a few years. Again, no time for a dog. If the dogs were for the two youngest boys, it would at least make a little sense. The concept of larger pets being the “possession” of a particular family member, and not just a member of the family, seems odd to me anyway.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

@JermajestyDuggar He probably will be as he is very friendly and very hyper. Right now; he is quieter but he just had immunizations, a snip-snip, dewormer etc and one of my mom’s older cats beat him up (my mom had to put gloves on to get him away) so he is subdued. The older cat is settling now that he has shown the new guy who is boss so we’ll see if he gets chatty. 
The poor huskies are going to melt in Tennessee summers. Why would they get that breed? 

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

@JermajestyDuggar He probably will be as he is very friendly and very hyper. Right now; he is quieter but he just had immunizations, a snip-snip, dewormer etc and one of my mom’s older cats beat him up (my mom had to put gloves on to get him away) so he is subdued. The older cat is settling now that he has shown the new guy who is boss so we’ll see if he gets chatty. 
The poor huskies are going to melt in Tennessee summers. Why would they get that breed? 

I had a neighbor with a husky and we saw him in the back yard one day when it was very cold. He was just laying there enjoying the cold like you would lay on the beach. We never saw him in the summer and I always assumed they kept him mostly inside in the A/C. 

• Upvote 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic