IGNORED

Trace Bates 2: Dating A Poor Persecuted Refugee with A Purpose?

nelliebelle1197

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. I think the Langdon sisters are popular amongst fundies because they are pretty, go to Crown (so they are considered studious), and godly but not frumpy. 

I thought that Claire graduated and was teaching elementary school. Can't recall where I heard that. 😁

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

I thought that Claire graduated and was teaching elementary school. Can't recall where I heard that. 😁

Yes, she graduated from Crown. I think the other sister is still there. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I absolutely will not flipping fraking watch it but based on the thumbnail Trace is god bothering in Turkey! Those people have suffered enough.

*rages*

• Upvote 7

I watched. He did a decent job showing the devastation and sharing stories he heard. They delivered coal, tents, sleeping bags, feminine care products, food, and rice.I am sure they distributed tracks and tons of Jesus speak as well. It could have been a helpful video to help raise funds that go directly to the people involved if they had linked better relief organizations instead of Medic Corps. He showed Nate and Lawson, but I didn't recognize any Duggars. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I watched it too. Trace pronounced Corps like “corpse” instead of “core.” Do they all do that? So Lawson showed up after his trip to the Bahamas. I wonder if Tiffany flew home or is waiting for him in a more comfortable European city. They’ve both been quiet on social media since posting their Bahamas photos.

• Upvote 3

They just posted a video the other day with Gil and Kelly. Should Gil and Kelly start a YouTube channel? Are Trace and Lydia considering having as many kids as possible? They have "exciting news", could it be? Stay tuned.......

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 1

8 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

They just posted a video the other day with Gil and Kelly. Should Gil and Kelly start a YouTube channel? Are Trace and Lydia considering having as many kids as possible? They have "exciting news", could it be? Stay tuned.......

I hope their exciting news is that they rescued a cat just as adorable as Maui. He was knocking their pieces off their board game the other day. He’s rotten and I love it. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 4

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope their exciting news is that they rescued a cat just as adorable as Maui. He was knocking their pieces off their board game the other day. He’s rotten and I love it. 

They really need an Oahu or Kauai to make mischief with Maui.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think they should get an all-black cat next and they can be an adorable contrasting pair. 

Maui is my favorite Bates. 

• Upvote 6

Maybe the exciting news is they're moving to Florida like all the other Bateses.  She really didn't seem all that into getting pregnant ASAP.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Maybe the exciting news is they're moving to Florida like all the other Bateses.  She really didn't seem all that into getting pregnant ASAP.

No thanks, we're chock full of crazies at the moment. Don't need any more. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 16

14 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

If that wasn't her goal, IDK why the heck she married Trace. Like pregnant ASAP and often seems to be his main goal. His ex-girlfriend married into the Mortons, for goodness sake!

She had way more options than Trace, and yet... She chose him, so... Breeding like rabbits it is.

• Upvote 5

Deep consideration doesn't seem to be the way of this cult.  And I certainly believe she'll be popping out a number of babies if their fertility is good, but she doesn't seem like she's as gung ho as he is.  I'm sure that will never come up in terms of marital satisfaction.

• Upvote 2

I watched about ten minutes in of their new YT video with Gil and Kelly, then I had to stop because I couldn't stand it any longer. Anyway, Kelly kept on and on about how no one ever told them about family planning and different methods of birth control before they got married. Well, Kelly, actually that kind of thing would have been covered by decent sex ed - you know, the stuff you're so vehemently against?

She also told a convoluted story about grabbing "one of each kind" of contraceptives from the drug store for their honeymoon and then ending up not using any of them after reading the instruction leaflet and learning about possible side effects. Afaik, using condoms has no side effects whatsoever and nor does any other barrier method (unless you're allergic to latex), so that just doesn't make sense. Either she's lying, or she's even more stupid than I thought, or both.

• Upvote 23
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I watched about ten minutes in of their new YT video with Gil and Kelly, then I had to stop because I couldn't stand it any longer. Anyway, Kelly kept on and on about how no one ever told them about family planning and different methods of birth control before they got married. Well, Kelly, actually that kind of thing would have been covered by decent sex ed - you know, the stuff you're so vehemently against?

She also told a convoluted story about grabbing "one of each kind" of contraceptives from the drug store for their honeymoon and then ending up not using any of them after reading the instruction leaflet and learning about possible side effects. Afaik, using condoms has no side effects whatsoever and nor does any other barrier method (unless you're allergic to latex), so that just doesn't make sense. Either she's lying, or she's even more stupid than I thought, or both.

I think this is why fundies never talk about condoms. Because they are hard to demonize. They know the only side effects are a latex allergy. They don’t cause miscarriages. They don’t cause hormonal issues. Nada. Just because Kelly was ignorant doesn’t mean she should pass that ignorance onto her kids. 

And one more thing about condoms. If they truly believed god wants them to have another kid, they should believe god would cause the condom to fail. They aren’t 100%. Therefore they could use condoms and say, god could still cause it to fail and give us a child. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 14

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think this is why fundies never talk about condoms. Because they are hard to demonize. They know the only side effects are a latex allergy. They don’t cause miscarriages. They don’t cause hormonal issues. Nada. Just because Kelly was ignorant doesn’t mean she should pass that ignorance onto her kids. 

And one more thing about condoms. If they truly believed god wants them to have another kid, they should believe god would cause the condom to fail. They aren’t 100%. Therefore they could use condoms and say, god could still cause it to fail and give us a child. 

I am in some Catholic forums with some very hardcore members. I have mentioned numerous times that when NFP is used to space pregnancy that is BC, and far more effective than most BC methods because couples abstain from sex during the most fertile times of the cycle. Therefore, the BC using crowd is MORE open to God’s will and a possible pregnancy because they are having sex and BC does fail. Whereas those using NFP are not having sex at all and purposefully avoiding procreation.

• Upvote 7

The thumbnail for the new video on YouTube says ... Big Secret. Moving? New kitten? Citizenship? Baby? Guess we will find out. I know I am holding my breath (sarcasm font). 

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

So 4 new grandkids (so far) this year, what's the total count now??

This is baby #26. 

So based on her testing date (two days before missed period) her due date is September 26. So they will just squeak in a baby before their 1st anniversary (unless she goes late).

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic