IGNORED

Governor Ron DeSantis: You Sick and Dying Floridians Better Not Derail My POTUS Dreams!!

Cartmann99

10 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Wow, this is getting wild in Florida.  It’s worth looking at the language of the actual proposed bill (you can click through in the article).  So many reporting requirements and threats of fines.  I thought these folks wanted less government, but you can’t even turn around without getting smacked by some authoritarian entity or other.  This is really convoluted, confusing and creepy. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

Ummmm..... doesn't the First Amendment apply here?  I admit I am not a constitutional expert, and Florida is not Congress, but "Congress shall make no law....abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press.." seems to pretty much prohibit something like this.  Trump is probably sad he didn't think of this first.  

• Upvote 12

4 hours ago, Becky said:

Trump is probably sad he didn't think of this first.

It does seem a diabolical step above continuously whining about the press, as well as trying to squeeze $$s from those who already agree with him.

I'm wondering if this could actually apply to Trump if it went into effect and he was to write/ghostwrite opinions about DeSantis.

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, Becky said:

Ummmm..... doesn't the First Amendment apply here?  I admit I am not a constitutional expert, and Florida is not Congress, but "Congress shall make no law....abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press.." seems to pretty much prohibit something like this.  Trump is probably sad he didn't think of this first.  

I'm thinking the same thing.  At the very least, he'd have to get all bloggers to register and not just people writing about DeSantis.  Even then, he isn't supposed to seek retribution because of anything that is written unless it's clearly libel.  I suppose the next step is getting the Republican courts to redefine libel.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

They’re also vying for who has the tiniest hands.

• Upvote 3

John Oliver’s main story this week was about DerSantis. It’s a great watch. 

• Thank You 3

I’m sure the nicknames will be brutal:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

Response from DerSantis about TFG's ethics lawsuit:

• Thank You 3

Good grief:

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 4

There are stories coming out about how socially awkward DeSantis is.  Probably some of it is the usual gossip but there's one that's on several sites.  He was once on an airplane from Tallahassee to Washington and was spotted eating chocolate pudding with three finger just scooping the pudding out of the cup.  The two people who reported this were grossed out.  It now amuses me to start referring to DeSantis as "Old Puddin' Fingers" or maybe just "Puddin' Fingers".

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Xan said:

There are stories coming out about how socially awkward DeSantis is.  Probably some of it is the usual gossip but there's one that's on several sites.  He was once on an airplane from Tallahassee to Washington and was spotted eating chocolate pudding with three finger just scooping the pudding out of the cup.  The two people who reported this were grossed out.  It now amuses me to start referring to DeSantis as "Old Puddin' Fingers" or maybe just "Puddin' Fingers".

"Puddin Puller"?

• Haha 7

Seth Meyers was joking about DeSantis and the pudding cup.  He said that if you were on an airplane and could choose whether to sit beside the guy eating Swiss Miss with his fingers or the guy using a knife and fork on a KFC meal, you'd choose the knife and fork guy.   It's a rare case of Donald being better than someone else.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Xan said:

Seth Meyers was joking about DeSantis and the pudding cup.  He said that if you were on an airplane and could choose whether to sit beside the guy eating Swiss Miss with his fingers or the guy using a knife and fork on a KFC meal, you'd choose the knife and fork guy.   It's a rare case of Donald being better than someone else.

Instead of Republican primary debates they should have the contenders eat a meal while trying to not make the moderators puke.

• Upvote 4

On 3/16/2023 at 12:56 PM, Xan said:

Puddin pants 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I love the public middle finger Disney is giving DerSantis:

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

DerSantis is pro-puppy mill. No big surprise.

image.png.05f3cfdcac2e50c1545cb1b19acd037e.png

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 4

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna76246

DeSantis may be derailing his own dreams. Apparently he’s not being enough of a junkyard dog for his supporters?

Spoiler

WASHINGTON — Ron DeSantis may be missing his moment.

A number of the Florida governor’s donors and allies are worried his recent stumbles suggest he may not be ready for a brutal fight against Donald Trump. Some feel DeSantis needs to accelerate his timeline to run for the GOP presidential nomination and begin directly confronting Trump if he's to have any chance of thwarting the former president’s momentum. Others believe DeSantis should sidestep Trump altogether and wait until 2028 to run.

At a Sunday luncheon following the annual Red Cross ball in Palm Beach, Florida, a group of 16 prominent Republicans, described by one attendee as a mix of DeSantis backers and Trump "skeptics," discussed misgivings about the governor's standing for the future if he tussles with the former president.

“They liked him — many of them might even support him,” the person who was at the event said of DeSantis. “But they thought on balance that his long-term future was better without him trying to take Trump head on.”

“He will get scarred up” by Trump, the person added.

Then there’s conservative billionaire shipping goods magnate Richard Uihlein and his wife, Elizabeth, whose $500,000 in combined contributions ranked them among the most generous donors to DeSantis’ 2022 re-election campaign.

A person familiar with the strategy around Uihlein’s spending said that right now, “The brakes are pumped,” adding, “The polling really made different people pause.”

A spokesperson for the Uihleins declined to comment.

The fears of some of his own supporters, along with a growing sentiment among GOP operatives that Trump may be impossible to defeat — even with a possible indictment looming over him — present DeSantis with the conundrum of trying to demonstrate that he is a viable presidential candidate before he even launches his anticipated campaign.

NBC News spoke with more than 20 GOP strategists, politicians and donors about whether DeSantis can bounce back from adversity — some of it self-inflicted, some of it the result of constant pressure from Trump — or is destined to wilt under the white-hot lights of a campaign for the highest office in the land. 

Once surging, DeSantis remains well below Trump in polls measuring the prospective GOP primary field. He was slow to respond to the possible indictment of Trump — and then sideswiped the former president once he did. DeSantis was also forced this week to clean up his position on U.S. support for Ukraine after a backlash from establishment Republicans.

“It’s 100% possible that we’ve seen him peak already,” said one veteran Republican campaign operative who speaks to donors regularly. That person said he believes DeSantis can recover, but the governor’s reaction to the indictment question “was really telling about how far behind the eight-ball” he and his team are.

A GOP strategist who has spoken directly with donors in Palm Beach said that this is a week that should be good for DeSantis, considering his chief rival for the nomination could be indicted any day now. And the fact that it’s been so tough for the governor has given some donors pause. 

“DeSantis is doing a book tour. He’s barnstorming the country, and his polls are going down,” the strategist said. “Meanwhile, Trump’s potentially under indictment, and Trump’s going up. It’s just not a good look for DeSantis.”

This person added that donors who have given to DeSantis over the past year or two are still open to supporting him for president, but they’re also starting to take a look at other potential candidates like Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., as DeSantis has “fumbled” big moments.

I mean, hell. You’re hitting all the hot button issues in your party. You’ve narrowed the scope on what can be taught in school. You’re banning books. Lashing out at minorities and the LGBTQ community. You’re young. Not orange. All that, and you’re still coming up short against a guy who is facing multiple indictments. Damn.  I’m not sure I want to see what this report may goad him into doing next. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Dare I say it? Yes, yes I do. This is a snark site after all.

DeSantis looks positively feminine when he laughs like that.

• Haha 5