IGNORED

Governor Ron DeSantis: You Sick and Dying Floridians Better Not Derail My POTUS Dreams!!

Cartmann99

On 10/4/2022 at 7:37 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

Nancy Sinatra was trending. I found out why:

image.png.cfa9d80dbc65acccba1b816894acd946.png

Oh lord. He is insane.

10 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

One of his staff hates him and is trolling him. I am trying to figure out if he knew but just had to get the boots on and go so there was no time to demand another pair or if he was truly oblivious. I have to think it was the first. He HAD to know he was putting on ladies’ boots, right? Right?? I bet all the military and police were laughing their asses off. I really hope his office is flooded with emails, cards, and letters reminding him that it’s a fashion faux pas to wear white shoes after Labor Day. 

I hope you are right, because that is ridiculous and everything this dude does is ridiculous.

And yes, white shoes after Labor Day? In the South? That's edging past tacky and headed toward trashy. 

(I personally am not going to call someone out for wearing white shoes after Labor Day, but I won't do it myself - it's one of those super old fashioned things that I learned as a child that stuck with me. But this dude is courting the old conservative biddy community for votes and they are likely to care about this fashion faux pas. He will be SPOKEN about, in certain circles. Bless.)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

They look like the hazmat boots people wore initially when testing/caring for Covid patients.  I bet they have stockpiles of that sort of gear, because they didn’t take the virus all that seriously.  I do like the Nancy Sinatra tie in, though, lol! 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

They look like the hazmat boots people wore initially when testing/caring for Covid patients.  I bet they have stockpiles of that sort of gear, because they didn’t take the virus all that seriously.  I do like the Nancy Sinatra tie in, though, lol! 

I'm sure you are right but it's too damn funny to let it pass.  Especially on such an asshat like DeSantis.  

Beverly Sutphin knows what's up: 

• Upvote 3

https://apple.news/A3rt0FwFeS6i66VymVMJ

In the wake of Hurricane Ian, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has largely been on his best behavior. The Republican has abandoned his earlier position on federal disaster aid; he has publicly praised FEMA; and the Republican governor had some nice things to say about the White House.

This afternoon, the Floridian even welcomed President Joe Biden to the state, adding, “We appreciate working together across various levels of government.”

After a deadly storm, and with five weeks remaining before his own re-election bid, it looked as if DeSantis was prepared to stick to the high ground.

Or so it seemed. Axios reported:

The governor spoke to an outlet called Florida’s Voice, which describes itself as “a patriotic news network,” and shared some thoughts about his impressions of major news outlets.

“Well, look, I think part of it quite frankly, you know, you have national regime media that they wanted to see Tampa [get hit by Hurricane Ian] because they thought that that’d be worse for Florida,” DeSantis said. “That’s how these people think. I mean, they don’t care about the people of this state; they don’t care about the people of this community. They want to use storms and destruction from storms as a way to advance their agenda.

“And they don’t care what destruction’s in their wake; they don’t care about the lives here. If they can use it to pursue their political agenda, they will do it.”

He didn’t appear to be kidding. The governor honestly seemed to believe that journalists wanted to see a massive hurricane strike one of Florida’s largest cities because of their deep hatred for the state. Media professionals, in DeSantis’ mind, have an “agenda,” and storm devastation would help those rascally journalists advance their cause.

Who are these Florida-hating media professionals? He didn’t say. What’s their “agenda”? He didn’t say that either. How would a hurricane hitting Tampa help these scoundrels? It’s another one of those details that DeSantis neglected to mention.

Perhaps he hasn’t yet thought this one through.

It’s also worth dwelling on “national regime media.” In candor, I haven’t the foggiest idea what the phrase means, though Media Matters’ Matt Gertz noted that the Republican apparently uses the phrase because, as DeSantis sees it, independent news organizations at the national level are aligned with the “regime” — as in, the Biden administration.

Of course, the idea that journalists are secretly in league with the executive branch is tiresome, conspiratorial nonsense, and just as importantly, in this country we tend not to use the word “regime” to refer to the democratically elected government of the United States.

Dude just couldn’t help himself. 5 minutes of semi reasonable and he just has to jump back on the conspiracy choo choo. 

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 1

It’s because HE’s so craven that he actively wishes harm on others for political gain so he assumes others do the same for their own personal advancement. Like other evil people, he cannot comprehend that none of us want to see innocent lives go through horrible circumstances of any kind but instead we would really like it much better if the world was a place of equality where everyone had enough food, shelter, medical care, access to education, and was safe from physical and mental harm and abuse. 

• Upvote 8

George Takei has taken note of how the photo shoppers all got to work after DeSatan’s boot fiasco 

What caught everyone's attention wasn't the fact DeSantis was doing his job but that he was doing it while wearing a rather immaculate pair of white rubber boots that looked remarkably out of place given the circumstances.

The photos proved to be rather damaging given the fact DeSantis has been accused of using the disaster—which has killed at least 130 people—to make himself look good. 

A local journalist who tried to ask DeSantis just that was ejected from the area by the governor's campaign staff.

But it was the boots that had people captivated, so much so many decided to use their Photoshop skills to troll DeSantis to brilliant effect.

Campaign staff?  What the FUCK were they doing there?  This is a fucking disaster. Not a campaign rally. I fucking hate DeSatan. 

• Upvote 6

This appears to be for that human trafficking stunt. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7

On 10/12/2022 at 6:27 PM, 47of74 said:

This appears to be for that human trafficking stunt. 

Well that explains this "Florida is a Law-and-Order State" grift mail I received from him the other day! :pb_lol:

Spoiler

edmo,

As Democrat-run cities are besieged by crime and mayhem, Florida is supporting law enforcement and keeping our communities safe.
Far-Left extremists are hell-bent on smearing and defunding the law enforcement officers who risk their lives daily to protect our communities.

Leftist politicians and Soros-backed prosecutors are enabling chaos and undermining the law enforcement profession by letting violent criminals walk free with hardly a slap on the wrist.
In other states, repeat offenders are receiving unlimited “get out of jail free” cards and free rein to disrespect the rule of law. Reject the Left’s woke agenda – Rush in your support >>>

The Left and their corporate media lapdogs don’t want you to see the destruction their woke agenda is inflicting on communities across the nation, so they’re doing what they do best: deflecting.

My opponent has not been shy about his support for reallocation and defunding of police departments. But unlike my opponent and the Soros-funded prosecutors whose pro-crime ideology has made once-great cities unlivable, I’m not beholden to anyone but the people of Florida.

And as Governor, I have worked to ensure that Florida is a law-and-order state.

Supporting our law enforcement heroes, pursuing justice for victims, and keeping our communities safe are not Left vs. Right issues. They’re right vs. wrong issues – which is why I’ve been endorsed by Democrat elected officials like Palm Beach County Commissioner Dave Kerner. As a former law enforcement officer, Dave rejects those in his party – including my opponent – who have embraced the disastrous “defund the police” agenda.

When I look a police officer in the eye and say, “I have your back,” I don’t just say it – I follow through.

HELP ME KEEP FLORIDA SAFE!
RUSH IN YOUR IMMEDIATE SUPPORT >>>

As Governor, I have a responsibility to lead. But I also have the opportunity to make a difference and get things done.

In Florida, we’ve led with purpose and conviction. Because of that, we’ve produced results better than anybody thought possible.

The good news is... we’re just getting started.

My opponent’s extreme agenda and admiration of Soros-backed policies only fuel my resolve to fight woke tyranny and Keep Florida Free.

D.C. Democrats are desperate to derail our progress and turn our great state into a crime-ridden dystopia.

That’s why your support is so important, edm0. There’s more on the line than just celebrating a victory in November.

We’re in a fight to safeguard our state.

The safety of our families and our communities is on the line. We cannot sit idly by as far-Left extremists try to dismantle our way of life and trample on the rule of law.

They would love nothing more than to see Florida face the same fate as progressive jurisdictions overrun by violent crime. We cannot allow their twisted nightmare to become reality.

Act NOW – RUSH IN YOUR SUPPORT >>>

With less than 30 days until Election Day, we MUST stay ahead of the far-Left extremists threatening our safety.

Can I count on your support in our fight to protect Florida from the Left’s woke agenda? >>>

RUSH IN YOUR SUPPORT >>>

Sincerely,

Ron DeSantis

• Thank You 6

• 2 weeks later...

This could have been posted in the hypocrisy thread as well. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 1

Nice to see him looking a bit flustered. Unfortunately,  his supporters may not mind him running for President. 

Edited by AnywhereButHere
  • Thank You 3

This is true of many rethuglikans. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 10/5/2022 at 8:23 AM, Alisamer said:

I personally am not going to call someone out for wearing white shoes after Labor Day, but I won't do it myself - it's one of those super old fashioned things that I learned as a child that stuck with me.

We've kind of given up on everything in Texas.  Summer is lasting way past Labor Day into...*checks weather forecast*...the end of October, so still tanks tops, flip flops and shorts. 

The thing about a guy like DeSantis -- there's an undercurrent (rip tide, tsunami) of people in this country who like/prefer/NEED authoritarians.  There is nothing that will sway them from support of Dear Leader. 

Also interesting -- people are no long moving to Florida -- the state isn't growing.  Coverage of Hurricane Ian has probably reinforced that. 

And one more thing: Marco Rubio.  Remember when Rubio was considered an up and coming politician who seemed to have reasonable changes at the presidency?  He flailed in a debate, just lost it.  Now he's kind of a nobody, at least on the national stage. 

I find it fascinating that DeSantis did this thing where he became an understudy of Trump's mannerisms.  There's an interesting video showing DeSantis mimicking all of Trump's gestures in a very specific way.  So he's being carefully tutored -- whoever his handlers are, they are leaving very little up to chance.  However, one can prepare for the debate stage, but not control what happens with the questions and one's opponent. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Howl said:

We've kind of given up on everything in Texas.  Summer is lasting way past Labor Day into...*checks weather forecast*...the end of October, so still tanks tops, flip flops and shorts. 

I live in the Pacific Northwest and I've only been in long pants for about a week in my after work time. I've still just worn a light cardigan every day to go to work, although one day my little bit warmer jacket would have been welcome. It has only just dropped into the 50s and stayed there.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

I live in the Pacific Northwest

We took a trip out of (Washington) state that fortunately coincided with Seattle having the worst air quality in the world.  So glad to have missed that.  I believe we hadn’t  had rainfall since about June 1.  Everything has been so dry, and so many forest fires, that we’ve stayed indoors when typically we’d be out enjoying the summer.  We returned to experience a glorious cloudburst and clean air.  Such a relief.

2 hours ago, Howl said:

there's an undercurrent (rip tide, tsunami) of people in this country who like/prefer/NEED authoritarians. 

I like to point this out to people.  “Rebels” who like being told what to do by authority figures.  🤔

• Upvote 3

This is a good description of Ronnie:

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

I didn’t realize DerSantis was a teacher before sliding into authoritarianism. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

You’ll want to watch this on an empty stomach:

• Disgust 4
  • WTF 6

14 hours ago, Dandruff said:

So, what has Ron been up to between the 8th day and now?

image.thumb.jpeg.f7873e4e6a571b7fbac76d1e6e9f93b9.jpeg

Partying it up in an alcohol fueled haze? I mean, when you’re a god and all… 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

Ugh! my cousin who lives in Miami is enamored of him (and trump). Though I wonder if he were to challenge trump what she would do. 

• Upvote 3

I really can’t stop laughing about Trump going to FL to drag DeSanctimonious a couple of days before the election. It’s so deserved, so slimy, so rooted in narcissism. Here for it. 👏👏👏

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

• 1 month later...

DerSantis apparently hopes lots of Floridians die unnecessarily:

• Thank You 6

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

DerSantis apparently hopes lots of Floridians die unnecessarily:

The irony. The IRONY! In this corner, you have De “let ‘em die” Santis, who will be screaming “no vax, no mask, no jab, no lab”. In this corner you have “Trump the Chump” who will be shrugging his shoulders and vacillating between whatever he thinks the public wants to hear. Both are very good at making sure people die from outright lies and neither are capable to hold office as HOA board members in an HOA of two litter boxes, much less any higher offices. We all really must mobilize, get out to encourage all who are eligible to vote to vote D, and be sure to vote! This next election cycle I will be taking the day off to offer rides to people to get to their polling places and prior to voting day will be working to help get Ds elected. We need to see the blue wave like a tidal wave!!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I just came across this interesting blog post by Jeff Tiedrich about Ron DeSantis.  His take?  DeSantis is incredibly charisma challenged and will sink quickly once he takes the national stage.  He compares DeSantis to Bobby Jindal (remember him?) and Scott Walke.   Bobby Jindal and Scott Walker were considered Republican rising stars on the national stage until it became immediately apparent that both were desperately charisma challenged.  I'm also reminded of Marco Rubio, another potential rising star who at some point was frozen with anxiety. 

I don’t worry too much about Ron DeSantis   Ron DeSantis is a fucking fascist, but he's also uncharismatic and unpleasant. and those are his good qualities

To sum up Jeff T's take: 

"if you’re a wingnut, Ron DeSantis looks great on paper. he’s as far right as they come. he’s a culture warrior. he’s a headline-grabber. he’s not afraid to pick a fight.

but, and this is a big but: DeSantis has never been tested on the national stage and every indication is that he comes prepackaged with a shitload of negatives. he’s short. (I know, heightist, but I don’t make the rules that’s the world we live in.) he’s got a squeaky voice. he’s unfunny and unpleasant. he’s a bully. he stands like he’s wearing an ill-fitting human suit over his lizard body.

his policies are not popular (outside of MAGA world) and he lacks charisma." 

Jeff does note that he's been wrong before. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 10

• 4 weeks later...

Ronnie is grifting off if the latest Faux hysteria:

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 9