IGNORED

Governor Ron DeSantis: You Sick and Dying Floridians Better Not Derail My POTUS Dreams!!

Cartmann99

13 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Der Santis decided to take a page from Abbott’s ugly playbook. He loaded a plane with migrants in Texas and sent them to Martha’s Vineyard. His people lied to the migrants, telling them they were going to Boston. The five people on MV stepped up to help the migrants. One resident had this to say:

image.thumb.png.fdb0f08fe3ba65987c843e505941a693.png

image.png.de72b6cae979211928b3543cc4538a6e.png

I keep seeing articles about how the people in Martha's Vineyard, and specifically the tiny town (which during non-tourist season has a very, very small population) where the church is located really came out for these people- so much so that social media posts had to be made asking people to STOP sending donations because they had more than was needed.  The people are being taken to a nearby military base where they will be made comfortable while things process for them.  See, THIS is what it is to be "Christian" whether someone believes in God/Jesus or not.  

Fuck DeSantis and Abbott.  They are evil.  But for every bit of their evil, there are forces of good ready to defeat them. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

DeSantis may have stepped into several piles of shit w/ this stunt. Let’s hope the foul odor lingers.

First, he uses Texas migrants for his stunt - if he’s trying to highlight the issues his state is having w/ immigration why did he have to ‘borrow’ migrants from Texas - weren’t there any in Florida? 

Second there are the claims that he spent $12 million of taxpayer funds to move 50 people - that’s $240,000 per person - pretty expensive plane ride. I doubt he spent all of the interest earned on the federal taxpayer Covid relief funds Florida allocated to relocating Texas migrants on that one stunt, though - but using federal Covid relief funds for the planes is problematic & I’m pretty sure using Florida tax payer funds to relocate Texas residents to Massachusetts isn’t lawful. https://www.masslive.com/news/2022/09/markey-accuses-florida-of-misusing-covid-funds-to-send-migrants-to-marthas-vineyard.html

Third he ships them to Massachusetts of all places, w/ nearby Boston & it’s 40 universities including the most prestigious law school in the country. Massachusetts - w/ it’s republican Governor - rises to the challenge, feeds the migrants (DeSantis made sure a videographer captured it all, but apparently didn’t arrange for the people to be fed,) provides legal counsel to each person, etc.. 

I hope DeSantis faces consequences for his inhumane & immoral conduct in the form of federal & state criminal prosecutions as well as civil tort liability & nice judgements against him personally in favor of the migrants he lied to & transported like cattle w/out food for hours - in Massachusetts w/ a nice liberal Massachusetts jury.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/ron-desantis-migrants-marthas-vineyard-1234594051/.

Edited by sndral
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

The evil side of me kind of wishes that some of these destinations states would be turn the favor, sending a couple of airplanes of their gun toting Trump loving meth heads or oxy folks to Florida and Texas. They would fit right in!

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

I want to believe that collectively, Americans could see right through this truly horrific stunt and NEVER legitimately elect this man to POTUS. Is this the country we went want to be known as? And I NEVER want to hear this man reference his religion or God EVER again.  He truly is deplorable, as his Abbott. I am appalled at this political stunt. It is evil, pure evil! 

7 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

I keep seeing articles about how the people in Martha's Vineyard, and specifically the tiny town (which during non-tourist season has a very, very small population) where the church is located really came out for these people- so much so that social media posts had to be made asking people to STOP sending donations because they had more than was needed.  The people are being taken to a nearby military base where they will be made comfortable while things process for them.  See, THIS is what it is to be "Christian" whether someone believes in God/Jesus or not.  

Fuck DeSantis and Abbott.  They are evil.  But for every bit of their evil, there are forces of good ready to defeat them. 

Yes, amen to those folks In MV that stepped up to do the right thing!  This is who we are !

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I want to believe that collectively, Americans could see right through this truly horrific stunt and NEVER legitimately elect this man to POTUS. Is this the country we went want to be known as? And I NEVER want to hear this man reference his religion or God EVER again.  He truly is deplorable, as his Abbott. I am appalled at this political stunt. It is evil, pure evil! 

Yes, amen to those folks In MV that stepped up to do the right thing!  This is who we are !

Usually I would keep Lincoln projects stuff under political ads but I thought this clip was fantastic! I was able to see more if not all of the whole speech online and I thought it was absolutely terrific.

The whole situation makes me sick. For much of my adult life I have lived in places that have a strong Hispanic population including many immigrants. What I've had their kids in school I haven't cared if they were here legally or illegally. Most of their kids were really well behaved, gave their best efforts, and the parents backed me up. Sadly it seemed to be second and third generation as well as Trump type supporter kids who are poorly behaved and the parents either do nothing or blame the teacher.

I don't know quite as much about Martha's vineyard as I do about Nantucket through the eyes of author Elin Hildebrand. From her books set on Nantucket which are so well written I feel like I know Nantucket and would even see some of the characters she created there. I can see them responding exactly the same way as on Martha's Vineyard, even though I know the two islands are rivals.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Usually I would keep Lincoln projects stuff under political ads but I thought this clip was fantastic! I was able to see more if not all of the whole speech online and I thought it was absolutely terrific.

The whole situation makes me sick. For much of my adult life I have lived in places that have a strong Hispanic population including many immigrants. What I've had their kids in school I haven't cared if they were here legally or illegally. Most of their kids were really well behaved, gave their best efforts, and the parents backed me up. Sadly it seemed to be second and third generation as well as Trump type supporter kids who are poorly behaved and the parents either do nothing or blame the teacher.

I don't know quite as much about Martha's vineyard as I do about Nantucket through the eyes of author Elin Hildebrand. From her books set on Nantucket which are so well written I feel like I know Nantucket and would even see some of the characters she created there. I can see them responding exactly the same way as on Martha's Vineyard, even though I know the two islands are rivals.

“some of them who walked through ten countries”…. 
DeSantis, Abbott, and everyone involved in this sadistic plot wouldn’t walk ten flights of stairs unless there was a giant pot of gold at the end, but these people risked their lives to come here. They were told absolute lies including that a “surprise present” waited for them. But for the fast and honorable actions of the MV good people, they would have been abandoned with nothing but what belongings they had with them. Anyone who isn’t shocked and appalled by this treatment of human beings has no conscience. But the comfort I draw is that by sending the immigrants to places where these evil creatures think they are “owning the libs” they prove over and over that the “libs” are people who will quickly mobilize and take care of those who are in need. The “libs” are the ones who are not only providing care and comfort to these immigrants who have been treated so callously but are showing that they are able to quickly put plans in place to do it. From my standpoint, it just shows that the far right can’t solve anything so they pass the buck (at the expense of their own constituents) but the “libs” can be handed a situation and in short time have a workable set of solutions. Way to “own the libs”, ya jagaloons! 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Human trafficking by Florida and Texas governors. They should be hung out to dry. It bothers me to no end that there are people in the USA that support this and call themselves "Christians". They are nothing more than power hungry, egotistical pieces of *bleep*(insert your favorite profanity).  Are DeSantis and Abbott Breaking Human Trafficking Laws by Sending Migrants to Blue States?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Looking at you Ronnikins.

Spoiler

Edited by WiseGirl
Spoiler
  • Upvote 13

After this happened, I went over to the Fox news site to see what sort of comments were being posted.  It was appalling.  Every one of them was supportive of DeSantis and absolutely delighted at what he did.  They said it was time that the liberals understood the border problem and many said they were going to donate to DeSantis because of this stunt.  Now, sure, some are the usual commenters who plant things on rightwing sites.  I just think the average Republican loves this.  They need an enemy and they'll attack liberals, gays, people of color, immigrants, women, whatever...

Some of these immigrants have court dates soon (regarding their immigration status) in DC and Texas.  I think DeSantis wanted to make sure they didn't show up.  

• Upvote 5

As you know, I've set up a fake account under the name Edmo Tarc, and since then I get DeSantis's grift mails on a daily basis. For all the many, many grifting mails I receive, there was not a single one that mentioned the Martha's Vineyard human trafficking stunt.

Instead, I'll just share yesterday's mail:

[bolding mine]

Edmo,

We just reviewed the numbers and we fell short of our mid-month fundraising goal.

This goal was crucial to make sure we stay ahead of Charlie and protect Florida from his woke extremist agenda. We need your help to make up for the lost ground and get us back on track. Rush in your support NOW! >>>>

D.C. Democrats know Florida is the last line of defense against their agenda of chaos and destruction, and they’re pouring in MILLIONS to bring their woke ideologies to our state.

We rely on the help of supporters like you to get our message out to every corner of the state. Falling short of our goals means losing ground on spreading Governor DeSantis’ Freedom Agenda across Florida. Help us make up for lost ground! >>>>

We have less than 55 days to make an impact and Keep Florida Free.

Can we count on your support today to join us in the fight to protect our state from Democrat control? >>>>

In freedom,
Team DeSantis

RUSH IN A DONATION

• Thank You 6

image.thumb.png.d8e987c35c32872b4708b297473807c3.png

But Ron, wouldn't it make your point better if they were running around willy-nilly, wreaking havoc? Don't you want to show the liberals how horrible it is to have to deal with these wild brown Spanish-speaking people?

He's really bad at this - is there anything about these stunts that doesn't just succeed at showing everyone how awful he and Abbot are?

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 9

27 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

image.thumb.png.d8e987c35c32872b4708b297473807c3.png

But Ron, wouldn't it make your point better if they were running around willy-nilly, wreaking havoc? Don't you want to show the liberals how horrible it is to have to deal with these wild brown Spanish-speaking people?

He's really bad at this - is there anything about these stunts that doesn't just succeed at showing everyone how awful he and Abbot are?

Actually it would be the Trump supporters who are running around wreaking havoc.

• Upvote 9

10 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Actually it would be the Trump supporters who are running around wreaking havoc.

Well, that's reality, and these clowns don't want us to see that, that's for sure.

I just thought it was so odd for him to go through all of this nonsense, then go out of his way to get video of . . . orderly, exhausted, probably bewildered people, who were just looking for an escape from tyranny.

It really plays right to the viewpoint of the people he thinks he's "owning" and shaming. The whole "how would you like these folks in your town, huh?" thing is as stupid as it is cruel.

• Upvote 8

It just popped in my head that these stunts by DeSantis and Abbott are coordinated by the Republicans.  They needed to kick Trump's crimes off the front page.  It worked in that now everyone is talking about Martha's Vineyard.    They must be really worried that Donny might be indicted.  Usually they just pivot to "migrant caravans" but to risk breaking laws to ship immigrants to other areas means they've had to up their game.

If you are on any public forums, steer the conversations back from immigration reform to Trump stealing official documents.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

The cruelty is the point with rethuglikans. 

image.thumb.png.eb16050970cc1c2e93ab528129169c58.png

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The cruelty is the point with rethuglikans. 

image.thumb.png.eb16050970cc1c2e93ab528129169c58.png

I feel like this should be honoured, and preferably come out of federal money allocated to de Santis's state (or even more preferably his salary.)

• Upvote 8

40 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

I feel like this should be honoured, and preferably come out of federal money allocated to de Santis's state (or even more preferably his salary.)

This is the point at which my fantasy kicks in of being the emperor of the world.  If I had total power, I'd make that little weasel DeSantis pay every one of those immigrants out of his own pocket.  He'd have to provide housing and a food allowance for eight months for each one of them.  The same goes for nasty little Abbott.  There ought to be penalties for unacceptable behavior.  And as far as Trump goes, I'd already have him behind bars.  Gaetz would be in jail, Marjorie Taylor Greene would be back at her fitness job, and Boebert would be looking for another restaurant site to sell her substandard burgers.  

Alas, I am not the emperor.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3