IGNORED

Jana Duggar 12: Will She or Won't She?

nelliebelle1197

1 minute ago, Smee said:

That was years ago though, maybe he’s grown up where animals are concerned too.

I hope so too. I’m a cat lover and I feel like I’ve come in contact with too many men who say they hate cats and treat them like crap. I hope he’s not one of them anymore. 

• Sad 2
  • I Agree 9

20 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

and john david is a pilot you could have missed that too it is not mentioned much.

lol...I knew about John David. The dog, no...

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope so too. I’m a cat lover and I feel like I’ve come in contact with too many men who say they hate cats and treat them like crap. I hope he’s not one of them anymore. 

Do you seem to find that those men seem to find cars threatening to their masculinity? Like if they like cats they are a pussy (pardon the pun). 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Do you seem to find that those men seem to find cars threatening to their masculinity? Like if they like cats they are a pussy (pardon the pun). 

Yes, exactly. As if liking cats is feminine. My now husband told me he had a cat when we first chatted and that gave him an automatic 100 points. I’ve always liked men who like cats. They seem pretty secure in who they are. And my husband is secure in who he is. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

After recently reading a quote about cats, and how the people who don't like them usually have control issues - it came up in conversation with a newly married acquaintance who said her husband would not let her get a cat...

This is when I need to think things, but not say them. Whoops. 😳😂

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

I had a cat when I met my husband (I couldn't have dogs in an apartment). And they tolerated each other. The cat would curl up on him ONLY if I'd been gone for a few days and ONLY when Hubs wasn't awake. 
When that kitty died - it was Hubs who initiated getting another cat first. He said the house was just missing a beat without a cat. 

He DID lobby HARD for a dog a few years ago - and that's fine. Everyone gets along but the cats (yes, there are now two) and the dog definitely see me as the head of the family. Everyone has to snuggle on me. No one on him. (and he's okay with that -he likes them - but he doesn't want to snuggle them) 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, exactly. As if liking cats is feminine. My now husband told me he had a cat when we first chatted and that gave him an automatic 100 points. I’ve always liked men who like cats. They seem pretty secure in who they are. And my husband is secure in who he is. 

I just recently watched a couple true crime videos about perpetrators (male) who killed their female partners, and a common point was that they had a history of torturing and killing cats. It seems male criminals with female victims often have a history of cruelty to cats especially. 

Cats are awesome. They deserve better. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 18

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This! My husband actually prefers cats to dogs, despite not really being an animal lover at all, and he's fairly secure in who he is. I mean, dogs are very much people-pleasers, or at least single-person-pleasers depending, and cats tend to be more inclined to do their own thing and heck with what the humans want unless it coincides with their own interests. I can see how someone with a need to dominate or who is insecure having a problem with that.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, viii said:

It annoys me so much that society has to gender everything, including what kind of animals you like. 

Or think that you have “issues” if you don’t enjoy them…

But as to gender I believe I’ve known more men into cats than women, and I never knew anyone thought that was a feminine quality (that men shouldn’t possess?) People are so odd, complicating everything.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

Or think that you have “issues” if you don’t enjoy them…

I don’t think everyone has to like cats and want to be around them, but people who actively harm them have issues.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

44 minutes ago, Smee said:

I don’t think everyone has to like cats and want to be around them, but people who actively harm them have issues.

Which would be true for everyone that actively harms animals (for some weird form enjoyment- I don’t think killing pests with poison is the same obviously).

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

I am not a cat lover. I am allergic, don't enjoy their behaviour and am super uncomfortable when I visit people's houses who have cats. However, I would never ever think about harming one - that is somebody's beloved family member. 

Ironically I have ended up with a very cat-like dog. She hates affection, hides if you fuss her too much, obsessively watches birds and loves to sit up in windows. She also yowls when she wants things. 

Jill's dog appears to be treated as a family member, going on school runs and joining the boys for quiet reading time etc

I think it was Jeremy(?) who was talking about how much he was covered in pet hair and there were so many dogs and cats roaming around TTH when he was first courting Jinger. Nobody should be surprised that the Duggars irresponsibly hoard pets. 

• Upvote 6

I LOVE cats. I even pick up my bf at work sometimes in hope the cat who lives upstairs at his workplace shows up 😊 When we are on a stroll and I see a cat I have to call her/him and see if the cat is up for some pets.

Edited by Smash!
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 9

On 10/1/2021 at 9:05 AM, sixcatatty said:

This is my husband with our newest. They snuggle while he has his first cup of coffee and several times during the day.

Sorshas feller.jpg

I love cats, but we just have the one dog right now, who is an adorable diva and a handful.  But I’d say at least a third of the accounts I follow on Instagram are cat accounts.

And may I say, that is a beautiful calico.  I love all cats, but I’m especially a sucker for calicos.  Floofy calicos knock me out with their gorgeousness!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Snowless said:

But I’d say at least a third of the accounts I follow on Instagram are cat accounts.

Which ones are your favorite if you don‘t mind sharing? I need more cat content! 😊

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 9/27/2021 at 11:01 PM, AussieKrissy said:

Ok so jeans on Jana that she would have put on whilst in the tth I’m assuming. She was staying there before going to the game or was this an away game? 
secondly I’m no body language expert but I see a lot of tension in janas neck in this smile. Some one is trying a little to hard. Though to be fair it is only one photo 

thirdly I assume that is (as mentioned above) cousin Evan’s sister? (Michelle’s side). EEA6C185-0D06-4041-A0F9-445C1559A7BF.thumb.png.9abb7b99689cbee69a2a867618e5206b.png

Hide contents

CD951711-90DF-4C1F-A24A-FE5F64164BAF.thumb.png.b2113a0e478c9c65d2d55e887780bf01.png

run Jana run....you can live your own life. 

She actually could, i firmly believe that she has more then one marketable skill. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, Sabine said:

run Jana run....you can live your own life. 

She actually could, i firmly believe that she has more then one marketable skill. 

Training up children with questionable methods? Marching at anti-Abortion Rallyes? Submitting to parents or headship? Doing mediocre Pinteresty crafts? Neglecting pets?

• Upvote 3

On 10/1/2021 at 1:15 AM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

lol...I knew about John David. The dog, no...

Oh my, you knew about John David being a pilot? Where do you get your insider knowledge from? 😉

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Oh my, you knew about John David being a pilot? Where do you get your insider knowledge from? 😉

Wait! John David is a pilot? Since when, where, why? How?

Are y’all sure this isn’t some rumor a troll cooked up or something?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Training up children with questionable methods? Marching at anti-Abortion Rallyes? Submitting to parents or headship? Doing mediocre Pinteresty crafts? Neglecting pets?

she can bake bread, she can and would be a good early child hood teacher, she can be a nanny - some people pay good money for that, she can organise weddings/ etc so work for a small hotel organizing functions, she can work in shops selling stuff - hardware stores, garden centres, heck she can bake 30 loafs of bread and sell them on the market together with some drop cookies and voila money.  She has skills. Seriously, she has been fucked up as much as all her other siblings. But she is also the one that has always done things. She has skills. 

• Upvote 7

On 10/3/2021 at 4:26 PM, Smash! said:

Which ones are your favorite if you don‘t mind sharing? I need more cat content! 😊

Kittenkonnoisseur makes me want to adopt all the kitties but I live in Australia and the rescue is in Texas so it’s a safe follow. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

On 10/2/2021 at 5:44 AM, HideousGreenShirt said:

I am not a cat lover. I am allergic, don't enjoy their behaviour and am super uncomfortable when I visit people's houses who have cats. However, I would never ever think about harming one - that is somebody's beloved family member. 

Ironically I have ended up with a very cat-like dog. She hates affection, hides if you fuss her too much, obsessively watches birds and loves to sit up in windows. She also yowls when she wants things. 

Jill's dog appears to be treated as a family member, going on school runs and joining the boys for quiet reading time etc

I think it was Jeremy(?) who was talking about how much he was covered in pet hair and there were so many dogs and cats roaming around TTH when he was first courting Jinger. Nobody should be surprised that the Duggars irresponsibly hoard pets. 

I feel the same way about cats. And I cannot handle the smell. And there is always a smell. I have severe cat allergies and I can detect any trace of cat.

HOWEVER, outdoor cats are another story. I quite like outdoor cats. My neighbor’s cats, who are indoor/outdoor with kitty doors spend a good portion of the day at my house. They are quite interesting and a good at keep rats at bay.  They also get a lot of wild food (I refuse to think about that part since I love the wildlife) and I seem to be less allergic- I can pet Beatrice for example but cannot pet an indoor cat without getting small allergic welts on my arms. The pregnant stray I took care of when I was pregnant- same thing. 

I have read that the modern cat commercial diet causes the severe allergy issues for many of us. And I think it is true - I have had no issues with cats on more natural hunting diets or cats on raw or fresh diets.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sabine said:

she can bake bread, she can and would be a good early child hood teacher, she can be a nanny - some people pay good money for that, she can organise weddings/ etc so work for a small hotel organizing functions, she can work in shops selling stuff - hardware stores, garden centres, heck she can bake 30 loafs of bread and sell them on the market together with some drop cookies and voila money.  She has skills. Seriously, she has been fucked up as much as all her other siblings. But she is also the one that has always done things. She has skills. 

I disagree. Maybe your right if you think about the Fundie/conservative Christian sphere. But not outside of it. No way is she equipped to care for children? Would you let her near yours in good consciousness? We have talked in length about how chaotic and badly executed those Duggar family affairs are when they do it themselves. 
I think almost all her siblings would be able to work in a shop in some basic capacity and I think most are more capable around the house and kitchen than they want us to believe. The girls would all be capable of babysitting and some even be seen as capable of teaching young children (in certain circles surely not by me). “Look at the stupid helpless young Fundie maiden”has been a storyline for tlc. The Jana we got to see was just as much played up for tv as the big loving Christian family. The Jana we see now is basically travelling around, looking for a new headship and toeing the family line. Sorry but baking a loaf of bread from time to time when you have nothing else to do (she doesn’t seem to keep the home base running anymore) is not setting you up for a success in selling home made goods.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic