IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 4

Coconut Flan

So apparently the girls for Jessa and Ben will be named after plants. I'm calling Philodendron for the next girl right now.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

On 7/25/2021 at 9:40 PM, Letgo said:

So apparently the girls for Jessa and Ben will be named after plants. I'm calling Philodendron for the next girl right now.

Bougainvilliea gats my vote.

Myrtle if Anna wants to get in on the botanical names

• Upvote 2

On 7/2/2021 at 12:11 PM, Bassett Lady said:

Eden Elizabeth Seewald

7 lbs 13 oz

July 9

Ivy had a two syllable botanical name, Eden continues both of those trends and is Biblical, too. Ivy’s middle name is classic, Jane. Elizabeth has a classical feel as well as being very Biblical.

Madeline Faith Duggar

6 lbs 15 oz

September 11

I am heart weary when I think of Anna bringing another child into that deeply dysfunctional family. I settled on Madeline because it starts with M, is Multi-syllabic, and has ties to happy things like those adorable French pastries. As to the middle name, Faith, I think that is all her mother has left. So, I think Faith will be this little one’s moniker.

But Madeleine is the name for Mary Magdalen, who is (wrongly, but almost universally) assumed to have been a prostitute. I highly doubt any Duggar has even a passing acquaintance with Proust or fine pastries. 
I'm thinking some variation of Michelle--Michaela *but spelled weird--or Mary, but looking biblical, like Moriah.

On the other hand, despite its popularity, Madeleine still has an upscale ring in the US, so maybe go with that.

Do we know it's a girl? 

59 minutes ago, patsymae said:

But Madeleine is the name for Mary Magdalen, who is (wrongly, but almost universally) assumed to have been a prostitute. I highly doubt any Duggar has even a passing acquaintance with Proust or fine pastries. 
I'm thinking some variation of Michelle--Michaela *but spelled weird--or Mary, but looking biblical, like Moriah.

On the other hand, despite its popularity, Madeleine still has an upscale ring in the US, so maybe go with that.

Do we know it's a girl? 

Yes, it's a girl.

On 8/4/2021 at 12:28 AM, patsymae said:

Do we know it's a girl? 

Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell and John Maxwell named their new daughter Madeline, and the parents are both from fundie families.

7 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell and John Maxwell named their new daughter Madeline, and the parents are both from fundie families.

If they don’t nickname this baby “Mad Max” they are wasting a huge opportunity.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11
  • Love 2

On 8/8/2021 at 5:39 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Oh well, maybe they see it as redemptive. Or don't make the connection.

On 7/19/2021 at 8:19 PM, Dominionatrix said:

Jessa: Clementine Rose or Theodore Benjamin

Clementine Rose is a nice name- too bad the Seewalds didn’t…

• Thank You 1

I’ve been expecting Anna to name a baby Mercy since the first scandal broke. Recently it occurred to me that it might be Mercy Dawn because “His mercies are new each morning.”

However, I agree with those who have suggested Magnolia or Melody as other top contenders. 

• Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I have a feeling we won’t hear about the new baby. At least not anytime soon.

Well she may not be due for a while. 

2 hours ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Isn't she due in November?  Somehow that sticks in my mind.

She just said "fall." It could be late September for all we know.

• Upvote 1

My point was that this baby news will be treated differently by the families. They’re likely not to be very public about it because they won’t want to bring attention to Josh and his trial. They know if they mention it there will be a lot of negative comments.

• Upvote 1

Mira Faith Duggar

September 10, 2021

The other names that have come to mind are Mabel and Madelyn. I agree that we will get a good insight into Anna’s mind if she goes with a name like Mercy or Manna.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, BensAllergies said:

Mira Faith Duggar

September 10, 2021

The other names that have come to mind are Mabel and Madelyn. I agree that we will get a good insight into Anna’s mind if she goes with a name like Mercy or Manna.

I get mercy but why Manna what's the significance of that one? a bible story? 

I really hope Anna doesn’t use Mercy for this innocent baby’s name. Why should her name be tied to compassion and forgiveness for her awful father? The rest of her kids have relatively nice normal names. Don’t make this one carry more more of a burden than she already will.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

@AussieKrissy Manna came to mind when thinking about how Anna insisted days before his arrest that Josh was a good provider. My sardonic thought after the arrest and rumors that she was at odds with JB was, “who’s going to provide for you now? Manna from heaven?”

It’s not a likely choice (Google says it’s an Islamic name) but a choice like that would certainly show Anna’s mindset.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

For Waller baby #6:

Boy: Patrick Henry (That way they skirt the whole Catholic issue. "Give me liberty or give me death" should play well in Texas these days)

Girl: Deanna Renee (not strictly biblical but will have something meaningful to them)

• Upvote 4

For the Pecans I'll say Deborah Joy for a girl and for a boy I'll guess Patrick Daniel.  Born 1/22/22.  

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic