IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 4

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Probably Jana, Joy-Anna and Johanna would too

Jana, Joy-Anna and Johannah are not so bad, as Joy-Anna only goes by Joy. Like Jordyn-Grace only goes by Jordyn. 

So it’s just Jana and Johannah, which is still bad, but I think Joy works fine. Jana and John are weird for siblings though. 

M7: Madelyn Faith. Melissa Faith as a second choice. They like multisyllabic girls’ names.

Nurthan: Ezra David. I’m guessing they will choose slightly off the beaten path Biblical names for boys and trendy names for girls. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

Jana, Joy-Anna and Johannah are not so bad, as Joy-Anna only goes by Joy. Like Jordyn-Grace only goes by Jordyn. 

So it’s just Jana and Johannah, which is still bad, but I think Joy works fine. Jana and John are weird for siblings though. 

When she was younger, I'm pretty sure they used Joy-Anna more often than just Joy. I think Jana, Joy-Anna and Johannah are much closer to each other than John and Jana. John and Jana seem like pretty typical "we want our kids' names to go together" names.

• Upvote 2

I dreamed Nurthan named their baby Elijah, so I'll add that in as a guess. Also, one of the CSA files the pedophile downloaded was called "Marissa" so I'm going to say Marissa / Melissa are out of the running for M7.

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 2

5 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Don’t forget Joe, Josiah and Josie.

Then for the next generation they have Ivy, Evvy used for Evelyn then Evie used for Evangeline.

I don’t think any of them would hesitate to repeat a name.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 10/8/2021 at 3:51 PM, OHFL2009 said:

When she was younger, I'm pretty sure they used Joy-Anna more often than just Joy. I think Jana, Joy-Anna and Johannah are much closer to each other than John and Jana. John and Jana seem like pretty typical "we want our kids' names to go together" names.

Jana is a feminine form of John. But at least it sounds different. Johanna is another form! But I don't think the Duggars really know or care about name meanings.

It would be a fun game to rename the Duggars with as many of the same name as possible, using different languages and short forms. I'd probably go with James. Same as Jacob, Iago, Diego, Jacek...

Or Peter, Pietro, Pedro, Petra, Pierre, Piers, Pierrette...

• Upvote 3

On 7/25/2021 at 10:40 PM, Letgo said:

So apparently the girls for Jessa and Ben will be named after plants. I'm calling Philodendron for the next girl right now.

My votes for the next botanical names:

Rafflesia (the biggest and stinkiest flower in the world)

Chrysanthemum

Marigold/Calendula

Lavender

Clementine

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Nurthan: Joseph Edward

Anna: Mercy Faith

Pecans: Darcy Rebecca

Jedtey: (Boy) Asher Robert (Girl) Eden Renee

Cherin: (Boy) Aaron William (Girl) London Faith

Carvan: (Boy) Oliver Patrick (Girl) Paisley Brianne 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Jana is a feminine form of John. But at least it sounds different. Johanna is another form! But I don't think the Duggars really know or care about name meanings.

It would be a fun game to rename the Duggars with as many of the same name as possible, using different languages and short forms. I'd probably go with James. Same as Jacob, Iago, Diego, Jacek...

Or Peter, Pietro, Pedro, Petra, Pierre, Piers, Pierrette...

John works very well for this: John is from Johannes and other forms include Johan, Jan, Hannes, Hank, Jens, Ian, Ivan, Giovanni, Jean, Yannick, Jaan, Hans, Jo, Gianns, Yani, Jonas, Yvan, etc (all male)  behindthename.com has a much longer list!

For girls then: Johanna, Jana, Jane, Joan, Jean, Janessa, Janice, Shavonne, Siân, Janneke, Jantje, Jeanine, Jeanette, janet, Jenny, Siobhan, Sinead, Giovana, Ivana, etc

It really is a most varied name!

• Upvote 4

i never get these right but here we go.

I am pretty sure I already guessed Melanie/a for M7, i will stick with that.

Nurthan: Nolan. But I can also see her go for something youneek like Naylor or Neelan or something.

Cherin: Oliver or Hudson for boy. Odessa for a girl (they like place names why not)

Carvan: Logan for a boy, Talia for a girl

Peacans: Parker for a boy, Dorothy for a girl

Katey and Jed!: I keep expecting a Duggar boy to have a son with a junior name and they will call him JJ. Hasn't happened yet. Lets guess that for a boy we would get Jeremiah Junior called JJ. Bailey for a girl. 

• Upvote 6

22 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Peacans: Parker for a boy, Dorothy for a girl

Now I desperately want babies 7 and 8 to be twins just to be named Dorothy and Parker. My English-major self will die of shadenfreude as they'll almost certainly have no idea what they did beyond continue their pattern. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, harkasquirrel said:

The pastor at Faith Baptist Church revealed the first name of the Nurthlet during the service this morning: Nehemiah. It’s about five minutes into the video at the top of the page: https://m.facebook.com/Faith-Baptist-Church-364680196947750/

I just want to acknowledge the genius of "Nurthlet." That is all.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, harkasquirrel said:

The pastor at Faith Baptist Church revealed the first name of the Nurthlet during the service this morning: Nehemiah. It’s about five minutes into the video at the top of the page: https://m.facebook.com/Faith-Baptist-Church-364680196947750/

I don't think he actually did. He is being joking and jovial, and very broadly declares that they are waiting, with great patience for "Nehemiah . . . to come forth!"

The way he said it makes me pretty sure he is making a reference to the story of the Biblical Nehemiah, who wanted to rebuild the walls of a city, and had to wait for God to tell him when to approach the king.

If you google the name Nehemiah and the word "wait," you get lots of articles and sermons about waiting for things in God's time. I'm no Biblical scholar - that's how I figured this out, because the pastor's tone really made me think "this is some sort of a reference."

In fact, I started with what he actually said: "Nehemiah, come forth," but was thinking "no, that's Lazarus - this baby's just getting born, not coming back from the dead!" 😁

Also, several people laugh, and I'm pretty sure I hear Jill among them. I don't think she'd be amused if the pastor leaked the name.

Not to say that Nehemiah couldn't be the name, but I really think we don't know yet.

BTW, besides being a wall builder, which I think Jill would approve of, the Biblical Nehemiah served wine :shock: (I'm sure Baptist fundies would say it was grape juice), and is believed to have been a eunuch.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

8 hours ago, artdecades said:

Katey and Jed!: I keep expecting a Duggar boy to have a son with a junior name and they will call him JJ. Hasn't happened yet. Lets guess that for a boy we would get Jeremiah Junior called JJ. Bailey for a girl. 

Shouldn’t this be Jedidiah Junior for Jed!’s son? 😂

Edited by GreenBeans
Bolded
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

Same same, but different…. 

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I don't think he actually did. He is being joking and jovial, and very broadly declares that they are waiting, with great patience for "Nehemiah . . . to come forth!"

The way he said it makes me pretty sure he is making a reference to the story of the Biblical Nehemiah, who wanted to rebuild the walls of a city, and had to wait for God to tell him when to approach the king.

If you google the name Nehemiah and the word "wait," you get lots of articles and sermons about waiting for things in God's time. I'm no Biblical scholar - that's how I figured this out, because the pastor's tone really made me think "this is some sort of a reference."

In fact, I started with what he actually said: "Nehemiah, come forth," but was thinking "no, that's Lazarus - this baby's just getting born, not coming back from the dead!" 😁

Also, several people laugh, and I'm pretty sure I hear Jill among them. I don't think she'd be amused if the pastor leaked the name.

Not to say that Nehemiah couldn't be the name, but I really think we don't know yet.

BTW, besides being a wall builder, which I think Jill would approve of, the Biblical Nehemiah served wine :shock: (I'm sure Baptist fundies would say it was grape juice), and is believed to have been a eunuch.

I reckon this makes sense. It reminded me that my grandmother's name is Judith and there's a family letter where someone jokes that my pregnant great-grandmother would name her next child Holofernes. Which... is quite a weird thing to say. See my profile pic. But people like to make these connections and chuckle.

I reckon the Nurthling will have a tryndy yooneek name too, I just haven't quite lit on the right thing to guess yet.

Nurie's due date is the 12th so they're definitely in the waiting stage. Mind you, if Jill's already there then I hope he makes a speedy appearance, as the first baby he might go WAY overdue and that's a long time to have the Rod Pod parked in your driveway.

• Upvote 2

OK, I see Nurie's in labour so this might be my last chance to guess a name!

I think I said Noah David earlier, I stick with that.

Two more guesses: 

- Cayben

- Riley

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Oops. Well let’s hope at least Katey can tell the difference. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

Rogers #12: Cassidy or Cammie

(At this point, I'd be personally tempted to use Can't-Even because her pace and all the C names is insane.)

• Upvote 3

Nurthling 1 is here: Nehemiah David. Absolutely no one guessed the name, or the birth date (there were only 2 guesses.) Better luck with the next one. 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic