IGNORED

21 kids at Age 23

medimus

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think he has money so she’s more into it for the attention. I hate to see this family in 10 years. I imagine they will be divorced and dozens of children will have little connection to either parent. 

I worry that she might just get bored. She finds it amusing, loves the attention and getting to be "the boss" to all the nannies. But I don't feel love.

Her system, rules and the whole thing is regimented, but instead of that making me feel better, it makes it feel even more institutional. This girl is missing a lot of something from her life to even begin to think this is a good idea. I agree the husband will get bored and dump her. He might take on one or two favourite kids, but could see him writing them off and I worry these kids will be dumped at some point. Their nannies stand a higher chance of growing close to these kids, if they let themselves  more then the "parents" will ever be able too 😪

Also had to add, that flat with the glass balcony is so not designed for babies, let alone 20+ I am curious where the kids are actually housed, because they don't live with her.

Edited by tankgirl
  • Upvote 9

10 minutes ago, tankgirl said:

I worry that she might just get bored. She finds it amusing, loves the attention and getting to be "the boss" to all the nannies. But I don't feel love.

Her system, rules and the whole thing is regimented, but instead of that making me feel better, it makes it feel even more institutional. This girl is missing a lot of something from her life to even begin to think this is a good idea. I agree the husband will get bored and dump her. He might take on one or two favourite kids, but could see him writing them off and I worry these kids will be dumped at some point. Their nannies stand a higher chance of growing close to these kids, if they let themselves  more then the "parents" will ever be able too 😪

Also had to add, that flat with the glass balcony is so not designed for babies, let alone 20+ I am curious where the kids are actually housed, because they don't live with her.

There's a bunch of floors, and supposedly the babies are on separate floors from the main living areas. 

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

Just read about this. Horrifying. I doubt this was her idea. I think it was her husband’s doing, and he’s clearly wealthy and politically connected. She was a young single teen mom less than half his age, on her first ever trip out of the country and THAT’S who he picked as his wife? One of the articles said her fertility was unable to keep pace with the family they wanted. Wtf??

Also, it takes up to 9 months to gestate the kids. She seems young and naive. If they were having multiple babies per month, by the time she felt overwhelmed instead of amused there would still have been multiple pregnant surrogates slated to deliver more kids in the coming months. 

The Instagram photos of the sick triplet are sickening. Imagine having a baby in the NICU. Or multiple babies. Who you can never visit. And if you do, you’re leaving dozens of other children at home. It’s beyond disturbing. And that baby is sick because he was premature, because his “parents” irresponsibly transferred multiple embryos simultaneously, putting him at risk for prematurity and all of the associated health problems. 

Her husband probably doesn’t want her on TV because he’s connected to organized crime and convicted of murder. I imagine there’s a pretty steep power differential between the two of them. At least if he leaves her there will be no shortage of reality television offers for her to capitalize on. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

56 minutes ago, llucie said:

In a recent Q&A she said they dont plan to have any more children, so maybe the surrogacy clinic said enough is enough.

There are plenty of clinics in many countries and, broadly speaking, ethics do not seem to be a requeriment. If they have stopped is because money or because their experiment is not working as they expected. Those babies must be walking now and are probably more loud and exhausting than ever, even if the "parents" don't visit them often. In addition, if the nannies quit their job often (which I suspect is happening), it mau be stresful for such a controlling woman. If some of the kids are special needs or have illness, more stress. Well... considering it is 20 toddlers now, I bet there are nonstop colds, stomach bugs, bumps, etc. 

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

There are plenty of clinics in many countries and, broadly speaking, ethics do not seem to be a requeriment. If they have stopped is because money or because their experiment is not working as they expected. Those babies must be walking now and are probably more loud and exhausting than ever, even if the "parents" don't visit them often. In addition, if the nannies quit their job often (which I suspect is happening), it mau be stresful for such a controlling woman. If some of the kids are special needs or have illness, more stress. Well... considering it is 20 toddlers now, I bet there are nonstop colds, stomach bugs, bumps, etc. 

Hopefully they all live together. Even in a huge house having 20 toddlers is going to be loud insanity, and with the pandemic forcing more togetherness than ever... I can see why they might say "ok no more!"

I hope the "parents" do spend lots of time with the kids. Lots and lots and lots of time. Enough to realize how stupid they were to have so many, and enough to actually get to know each of the kids. 

I wonder if mom and dad can actually remember all their names and birthdays.

• Upvote 4

What an awful idea. These two people are not parents, they are managers of an orphanage/daycare. There's no way that two parents could possibly bond with 20 babies, and this is going to lead to attachment problems in the future. Theyve hired a lot of staff to provide childcare, so their physical needs are met, but children need more than that to thrive. Theyre not going to get consistent one on one attention from a consistent caregiver, and staff are staff, they will eventually move on and get new jobs. There have been many studies that show that orphanage care is bad for developing children, and that it is better for children who are orphaned or unable to live with their parents to be in a foster home where they are cared for in a small, family setting by a consistent person (although even then there's still a lot of moving around). Theyre basically creating institutionalised kids for Instagram fame. I dont know how they were allowed to do such a thing, its so very unethical for the poor children.

• Upvote 9

I watched a few recent videos and the lack of connection the "Mum" has with the kids is noticeable. She looks like a student teacher observing not partaking in any hands on involvementwith any child. The kids don't seem to cuddle or know her in any special manner as expected, which is sad. One is cuddled with a nanny but that is dangerous because that child's bond is temporary as nannies are not forever. 

Also noticed she has no clue about age appropriate anything. Those babies are 1 and all the new learning toys she shows off in one video clearly show they are for 3+. Some with tiny parts and not safe at all for how young they are and how many of them there are. One of the elder kids she also had ridiculous expectations of how the young girl should do online learning with zero help from anyone, just sit and work all day no talking or moving about. She wants strictness, a certain style of learning, across all the children, with a surprising lack of effort or real interaction on her part. She should have been some sort of teacher or some one who studies development in children. This is a very bad social experiment that already seems to show issues, no shock to those of us with brains and hearts. Those poor kids! At least the Dad seems to step in for the older ones.

• Upvote 7

On 9/29/2021 at 10:35 PM, llucie said:

In a recent Q&A she said they dont plan to have any more children, so maybe the surrogacy clinic said enough is enough.

She's said that before, and I'll guarantee you that she's lying and has more surrogates pregnant with her babies right now.

On 9/29/2021 at 4:28 PM, Johannah said:

I doubt this was her idea. I think it was her husband’s doing, and he’s clearly wealthy and politically connected.

Based on her social media, it seems like it was completely her idea and her way of becoming Instagram famous. I think she wanted people to take her seriously as a parent. Being a mommy-influencer was her quick ticket to get there, even though she has no idea what she's talking about most of the time and lacks any background in early childhood development/education.

• Upvote 7

• 8 months later...