IGNORED

Alyssa & John 9: It’s All About Dressing Up and Looking Perfect on Instagram

nelliebelle1197

Everything about Alyssa's house is about instagrammability and aesthetics, not about functionality and comfort. And certainly not her kids' comfort. 

Sad life. 

Her dining room looks like a bachelor pad for a rich dude who is too young to have developed any sort of taste. 

• Upvote 27
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Her dining room looks like a bachelor pad for a rich dude who is too young to have developed any sort of taste.

Christian Grey? ? That was honestly my instant reaction lol

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, eljayem said:

Christian Grey? ? That was honestly my instant reaction lol

Also the name of Alyssa's floors: Christian gray

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 30

I think the flooring is too busy also, but I see it as a more natural brown wood color than gray. I’m always ten years behind the trends so I love gray floors.

• Upvote 5

I think her dining room and flooring are fine. Not my style, but it’s her home. Unless she blocks the room off, how will she keep the girls out? White for a home with 4 kids? She’s either unrealistic, a Pearl discipline follower or nuts- could be all 3

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think her dining room and flooring are fine. Not my style, but it’s her home. Unless she blocks the room off, how will she keep the girls out? White for a home with 4 kids? She’s either unrealistic, a Pearl discipline follower or nuts- could be all 3

She doesn't plan to keep them out. She says they eat dinner there every night. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Jackie3 said:

Alyssa has been shown to be quite snarky and she herself admits to being impatient as a mom. She also presents as a rather disinterested mother. I bet she’s more often than not, pretty mean to those kids behind closed doors. I understand. I like order and lack patience too. It’s part of why I waited to have kids, always worked PT and limited my offspring to a manageable 2. Common sense-

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

Shes lying, or at best exaggerating. She has had numerous posts showing they eat dinner by the pool every night at a kids table. Based on previous videos and posts, I think she makes them an easy early dinner (we've seen boxed mac n cheese and canned veggies, pizza) then she and John have dinner alone.

In her comments, she says they eat breakfast and lunch at the kitchen counter, sometimes pool, and several times she told people shes a neat freak and thus constantly cleaning.

But also, those kids have been trained to be very obedient. Exhibit A: a gigantic glass jar of cookies at toddler height for decorative purposes in the dining room? My 4 year old would have DEMOLISHED that.

Edited by freethemall
  • Upvote 18
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

"Unrealistic, a Pearl discipline follower or nuts" sounds like a great title for the next thread.  

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

Screenshot_20210615-225613-489.thumb.png.12c9f5ad6eebccd496240fe0c9d7edaf.png

Now that she seems to have learned how to spell "dining", I have a new favorite Alyssa-ism!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 32

She has a whole new set of stories of her, Carlin, KJ, 6 kids, and Katie shopping at Target for Katie's registry. All UNMASKED and likely unvaxxed. So this is why I am keeping mine on indoors, because of these assholes.

Has there been even one fundie who got vaxxed, that we know of? Even one?

Edited by freethemall
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, indianabones said:

Screenshot_20210615-225613-489.thumb.png.12c9f5ad6eebccd496240fe0c9d7edaf.png

Now that she seems to have learned how to spell "dining", I have a new favorite Alyssa-ism!

We need a Picard facepalm emoji just for her. She just keeps them coming!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

She certainly likes using an extra “n”. At least it doesn’t say counsin’s.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, freethemall said:

She has a whole new set of stories of her, Carlin, KJ, 6 kids, and Katie shopping at Target for Katie's registry. All UNMASKED and likely unvaxxed. So this is why I am keeping mine on indoors, because of these assholes.

Has there been even one fundie who got vaxxed, that we know of? Even one?

I'm sure they are unvaxxed, but Kelly has health issues pretty often. She definitely should get the vax. Even if it makes Lawson angry.

• Upvote 8

13 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

I'm sure they are unvaxxed, but Kelly has health issues pretty often. She definitely should get the vax. Even if it makes Lawson angry.

Especially if it makes Lawson angry!

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

Admittedly, this is kinda weird but the photo of Kelly, Alyssa (b. 1994), Carlin (b. 1998) and Katie (b. 2000) almost gives an illusion that they're a regular sized family and Katie is the baby. I looked up their ages and combined with when Kelly and Gil got married (1987), figured we'd throw Zach (b. 1988) into the mix, and Lawson (b. 1992) for spacing purposes and wow, that made them seem more normal. ? I think Mama Jane would've been pretty happy with that size group.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Carlin also spelled 'neice'

I am giving them the benefit of the doubt as long as they make the mistake once. Then their only mistake is not re-reading before posting. If they make the same mistake multiple times (like dinner), it's really a SOTDR issue.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

They all should, adults and kids alike. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 6/15/2021 at 10:19 AM, Jackie3 said:

You mean the family is 'dinning' in there every night.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

Alyssa posted a story about how she and the girls went to the zoo with Kelly and various sisters/cousins. Allie, Lexi and Zoey were dressed in shorts and shirts, just like any other child in summer. 

I wonder how Kelly feels seeing her granddaughters dressed in "secular" clothing, identical to clothes worn by mainstream American children. I mean, it's great she's not shunning them for having different values. But how does she feel to see these little girls walking along with their little legs and arms in plain view, something Kelly would have forbidden Alyssa to do? In fact, Kelly still forbids Callie from doing so. 

Does she notice that nothing bad is happening? Does she noticed that the girls are better able to climb the short fences at the zoo (there is a picture of them doing this)? That they are likely cooler and more comfortable than if they'd have been in long, heavy dresses? Does she notice that there is nothing "tempting" about these tiny girls and that, most likely, no one even notices them? Does she secretly wish Allie, Zoey and Lexi were wearing long frumpers with big white collars, and feel embarrassed at the clothes they are wearing?

I wonder if she regrets the stupid clothes she forced her girls to wear. I wonder if she and Alyssa discuss it at all.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

I noticed in the picture of Alyssa and Erin yesterday, the stark difference in dress (also that Alyssa chose an unflattering pic of Erin). 

• Upvote 3

I think Kelly Jo is okay with it since she knows that overall Alyssa is still 100% fundie - she is spitting out babies, homeschooling, reinforcing strict gender roles, going to church, supporting conservative politicians, etc. The clothes mean nothing.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic