IGNORED

[CW: Child Sex Abuse] Josh & Anna 31: Charged on 2 LaCounts

Destiny

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Jake Wilson made a follow up video

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO2zbCqlyBt/

He calls on JB & Meeech to drop Josh, or words to that effect. My first thought was that many parents aren’t able to abandon their criminal child, but my second was to remember one of the first interviews with M that left me very sure these were mixed-up people. 

INTERVIEWER: You’re raising your children to believe a certain way. What if one of them told you they no longer believed?

MECHELLE (looks startled): Well, that would be THEIR LOSS!

Not, “We would ask ‘why’ and pray for them to return.” Oh no!

”That would be THEIR loss!”

The cruelty, the contempt, the selfishness! They don’t believe? Lost cause!  Let ‘em rot! We got ours!

And yet: For their kid who has pretty well proven he no longer believes, JB & M seem to be lending everything from prayer to legal fee$ to protect him and woo him ever so gently back. 

What a horrible way to look at the world. At their children!

This is JMHO & nobody else’s.  But I had to post or I’d explode! 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 34
  • I Agree 1

So if Anna did actually try to leave Josh, what are the grandparents' rights in Arkansas? I did a little googling but I'm in no way knowledgeable in how these things work. In some states grandparents can sue to have access to the grandchildren if they can prove a significant relationship or can say the children have lived with them for more than six months. So could they take Anna to court and at least trap her in Arkansas? I imagine living in a warehouse on their property would qualify as living with them/significant relationship. How might they be able to throw around money with lawyers to hinder her ability to get out if she were to actually try to make the decision to get out of her awful marriage and leave the fold? 

• Upvote 1

The Willis’s, another dysfunctional TLC family. Their situation was different than the Duggars as it was the father committing crimes against his children. 

I have no legal expertise. I guess I always thought plea deals were preferred to save money and because there are so many cases clogging up the courts. But I could be totally wrong. 

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, fundiefriday said:

It's called "I pray you put this journal away".  

I enjoyed the podcast as well and I'd definitely recommend it.

I found it on Audible podcasts, too, which means I can listen to it late at night with the sleep timer set in case I fall asleep.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

I couldn't stop myself from reading the article.  A lovely tidbit from the eulogy on the loss of their 6 children--two of them 6-week old twins is quoted below. How fucked up are these people---I mean seriously, what is wrong with them all?

“This family with their high, godly standards would be in more pain right now if these children . . . had gone off into a life of sin and debauchery,” said the Rev. Don Voegtlin, who delivered the eulogy. “They would be in more pain now with them alive than they are with them passed on.

“Their children died good kids,” he said.

• Angry 2
  • Disgust 8
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 36
  • I Agree 1

Jake Wilson is not someone I look to for any sort of advice but I guess a stopped clock is right two times a day. Jacob is an angry young man who has made racist and hateful remarks on social media. And I’m not surprised his face is messed up from fighting with his brother. He seems to have quite the temper. I think he and Lundyn have already split even though they just had a baby. Which is unsurprising. 

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 6

@MamaJunebug Meech and JB have deluded themselves into believing they've raised the "perfect" family. I have no doubt that they'd cut the kid off in a heartbeat if they left the faith...conditional love...as long as they tow the party line

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

@MamaJunebug Meech and JB have deluded themselves into believing they've raised the "perfect" family. I have no doubt that they'd cut the kid off in a heartbeat if they left the faith...conditional love...as long as they tow the party line

So — you think Josh is paying all kinds of lip service to The One True Reli-jim(bob)? Wouldn’t surprise me. 

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

My prediction: once Boob gets the details of what Josh was viewing and realizes there is no getting past this he will drop Josh like a hot potato and try to spin a story of their 'big family supporting each other in this terrible time' to the public to try to remain relevant. 

"We will always love our son Josh but his crimes can not be forgiven.  We are coming together as a family to support Anna and the kids as we all try to come to terms with what has happened.  Please respect out privacy (while still continuing to read our People magazine interviews and watch our TLC specials and buy the crap we shill on social media)."

I don't think it will work to save the Counting On brand, mind you, but some of the siblings will probably be able to keep decent social media followings if they are smart and try to distance themselves from Josh and the Duggar name as a whole.  

Given that their whole schtick is about how Christ forgives everything and so should we, I doubt they will ever say that they cannot forgive Josh.   I agree with most of the rest.  They will probably take the position that Josh must work through his own sins, that they pray for him, are heartbroken, etc. BUT he succumbed to Satan and must pay the price.

They will definitely try to distance themselves, even to the extent of “shunning” until he is “truly broken and repentant.”

• Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

So — you think Josh is paying all kinds of lip service to The One True Reli-jim(bob)? Wouldn’t surprise me. 

It wouldn't surprise me. He says all the right things but doesn't believe a word coming out of his mouth. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

12 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I believe the Anna blaming Biden rumor came from The Sun.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that rumor, obviously. And while it's believable that she'd be a conspiracy theorist, surely even she has to realize Biden couldn't have set up the investigation back in 2019? Of course, as I'm saying that I realize you can't count on conspiracy theorists to be logical.

I do still want to know when the rest of the family knew about the nature of the investigation, and that Josh was the target. Or what they thought the raid was about if they didn't know.

The Sun article seems to have contradictory statements about Anna’s reaction.  Either she believes it was all a set-up by “Biden” and the evil liberals or she blames JB and M for whatever they did/didn’t do when Josh was 15 and the molestations first occurred.  

I think it is unlikely she isn’t talking at all to the rest of the family, but I could see her not wanting to talk about Josh because they are blaming/accusing him.  Denial is very strong in her.

I like to think that the family is blaming/accusing Josh among themselves, even if publicly they don’t.

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I think many of the kids do. They have been - literally - trained like puppy dogs. So they walk the walk and talk the talk because that’s what they’re trained up to do. But if they truly believe all of it? I doubt it.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jake Wilson is not someone I look to for any sort of advice but I guess a stopped clock is right two times a day. Jacob is an angry young man who has made racist and hateful remarks on social media. And I’m not surprised his face is messed up from fighting with his brother. He seems to have quite the temper. I think he and Lundyn have already split even though they just had a baby. Which is unsurprising. 

Yeah he gave me “what an angry aggressive  wanker” unpleasant vibe, I did not like him at all. He creeped me out. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Jake Wilson made a follow up video

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO2zbCqlyBt/

Heh, it's nice to see the internet being called out for being idiots.

Though I must say Jake is clearly blind to how there's a lot more wrong with Jim Bob than covering for Josh.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Just now, CyborgKin said:

Though I must say Jake is clearly blind to how there's a lot more wrong with Jim Bob than covering for Josh.

I wouldn't assume that. The topic of the videos was Josh. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

And looks like Jill is the living proof. 
Parents  that shuns Jill and protect Josh. Well I think Satan is fully in their hearts and they don’t even know it. Their judgement day could be pretty interesting. 

• Upvote 24

6 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Yeah he gave me “what an angry aggressive  wanker” unpleasant vibe, I did not like him at all. He creeped me out. 

I’m pretty sure he was drunk. I can’t help but feel bad for Lundyn. She’s stuck with him now that he’s the father of her son.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m pretty sure he was drunk. I can’t help but feel bad for Lundyn. She’s stuck with him now that he’s the father of her son.

Yep. I heard alcohol in his voice.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I did wonder that too. I thought drunk or not very eloquent because of a possible stunted upbringing or a regional dialect thing I’m not familiar with, being a foreigner. Either way I’m not a fan. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I wouldn't assume that. The topic of the videos was Josh. 

Well I'm still assuming it.

• Upvote 4

Fun fact to show you how intertwined these people are even after they get out of Gothard’s cult. Jake’s younger sister Rachel is close friends with Lundyn, the mother of Jake’s baby. That might get awkward now that they’ve broken up. Rachel’s other close friend, Grace Hackel, is engaged to Rachel’s other brother Jonah. All of these people are no longer fundie, but they still seem to be close knit like fundies usually are. It’s strange how that works. But I guess they all still have a lot in common. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

18 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

And looks like Jill is the living proof. 
Parents  that shuns Jill and protect Josh. Well I think Satan is fully in their hearts and they don’t even know it. Their judgement day could be pretty interesting. 

I'm sure that JB + M convinced themselves the shunning is temporary, that to deny their approval and attention is the ultimate training tool. They think so highly of themselves that they think they are the ultimate incentive.

Edited by baldricks_turnip
baby hit keyboard
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Depends on the kid. Ask Jill.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

Depends on the kid. Ask Jill.

but Jill DID leave "the faith"...she's moved away from the uber-fundie IFB line. 

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

It wouldn't surprise me. He says all the right things but doesn't believe a word coming out of his mouth. 

Why did he not after the raid immediately enroll himself in anti pervert therapy in preparation for his anticipated arrest?

• Upvote 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic