IGNORED

[CW: Child Sex Abuse] Josh & Anna 31: Charged on 2 LaCounts

Destiny

33 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

What are the odds that Jill/Durrick or The Bobfather and OfJB will sit down for an interview like Meghan Markle/Harry? Do you think either of them would be willing? Or who they would sit down with? They insisted on doing the one with Megyn Kelly, but will they defend themselves now?

Jim Bob insisted the girls do the sit down. I actually live covered that episode along with several others. 

Now, bear in mind I have lost the Superbowl prediction 19 out of the last 20 years, so grain of salt. My prediction is the JDerrick write a book about going Fundie lite and leaving IBLP and Quiver full. 

Edited by amaznmom2u
I have lotion on my fingers.
  • Upvote 16

11 hours ago, viii said:

I thought Sabrina had the cat. 

Sabrina definitely has the cat. No, I didn’t just finish my 10th rewatch of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. You don’t know my life!

Note: Someone in Riverdale may also have a cat. I only made it like 10 episodes in before i got too bored to continue. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

10 hours ago, amaznmom2u said:

It's like evolving Pokemon...

Leafivy, Umbrevy, and Espevie!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

On 5/13/2021 at 3:24 PM, amaznmom2u said:

There will be a gap time before sentencing. There is a pre-sentencing report that occurs and takes quite a while to put together. This report is essentially a biography of Josh's life from birth to present. Home life, religious life,  education, prior offenses, any abuse of Josh, his "work history". Medical and any psych records are gathered. It is a complete PITA, but it does give the judge a good picture of Josh. I'd love to write the report just to make sure all the crazy is noted, but PO Diem seems to already have Josh's number.  

Here, our courts typically give us 4-6 weeks to complete a Pre-Sentence Investigation but sometimes the court will request a "short-turn around" PSI and we will have about 7-10 days to complete.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

14 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

Here, our courts typically give us 4-6 weeks to complete a Pre-Sentence Investigation but sometimes the court will request a "short-turn around" PSI and we will have about 7-10 days to complete.  

Federal court?  I ask because it took about five months for my BIL's wife to be sentenced in federal court after pleading guilty.  And she didn't start her sentence for another three weeks.  So almost six months from pleading guilty to self-surrender and reporting to a low security prison.  But I don't know if she and her attorneys were dragging things out.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

16 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Federal court?  I ask because it took about five months for my BIL's wife to be sentenced in federal court after pleading guilty.  And she didn't start her sentence for another three weeks.  So almost six months from pleading guilty to self-surrender and reporting to a low security prison.  But I don't know if she and her attorneys were dragging things out.

No, I'm not a federal PO so were talking County and City courts for us here. COVID really has slowed things down for us here, we have have a few people who have been on Pre-Trial Release for almost a year waiting for sentencing but typically pre-covid it would be usually around 2-4 months from plea/trial to sentencing 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Edited:  Put under spoiler per poster's request.  A lot of us have posted things at times that we wish we hadn't, so the spoiler is so other people can scroll without reading if they wish.  - Buffy

Spoiler

Gag ... in my unpredictable thoughts last night, I figured out (or did I?) why Josh didn’t bother Jana. He was 14 so she was 12, or 11? She’d aged out. 

ohCrapI GottaGo ThrowUpNow

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
spoiler
  • Upvote 2
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 7
  • Disgust 5
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

9 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Gag ... in my unpredictable thoughts last night, I figured out (or did I?) why Josh didn’t bother Jana. He was 14 so she was 12, or 11? She’d aged out. 

How about we don’t do this today or literally any other day ending in y?!

Jana and the rest of the kids have been traumatized enough, and I don’t think rolling thoughts like this around helps anyone. 

• Upvote 25
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:
Spoiler

MJB, this may be one of those thoughts that belong in the head not the page!

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 21
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

I do wonder if things might have been different if Josh had had proper counseling at 15. If the outcome was that he could reoffend, then marriage and children would not be advised. Of course, this is the Duggars, Jesus fixed him, and those professionals just want to persecute Christians.

• Upvote 23
  • Eyeroll 1

So even if he’s pleaded guilty/ convicted in July he’s likely to be still on bail for the birth of the baby? 

8 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

So even if he’s pleaded guilty/ convicted in July he’s likely to be still on bail for the birth of the baby? 

I don't think La Count knew what he was letting his family in for. Months of Josh living there, six kids and Anna on a daily basis. The thought makes me shudder.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6

12 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I'm not sure when the baby is due, but probably.  I also don't see a trial as early as July and question whether he'd plead guilty that soon. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I do wonder if things might have been different if Josh had had proper counseling at 15.

I really don't think so, considering what was found on his computer and the molestations.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

My experience with my CP/CSA cases was after conviction both were remanded and denied bail until sentencing. At that point leaving a convicted child sexual offender out in the world is a liability in the eyes of the federal court. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 9

53 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I don't think La Count knew what he was letting his family in for. Months of Josh living there, six kids and Anna on a daily basis. The thought makes me shudder.

Has she taken them there yet?  Last I heard no one had seen any visitors for him, but I could have missed something.

And the court did explain it clearly to them so if he didn't know that's on him.  Then again the court heard the wife say she was afraid of Josh because he's male and was supporting "her husband's decision" to have him there and they still released him into their custody so IMO there are no heroes here.  

• Upvote 14
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 5

On 5/15/2021 at 11:32 AM, Cults-r-us said:

Resenting your family at times is pretty normal. For example, "Oh rattones!" I exclaim as I realize I have been walking without wearing the fit-bit. Mr. Cults laughs heartily and I do not feel warmly disposed towards him at all.

Meanwhile, I have been thinking that Josh's (and J B's) personality is common in corporate America.  I know my own boss is a narcissist with her favorites and always some poor soul she treats like a turd on the bottom of her shoe who gets to ride along until she scrapes then off. If Josh hadn't been denied education and decent vocational experience, he too could be kicking around his employees like the zillion toxic workplaces that exist.

Christian workplaces might be  worse (or it seems worse because we expect better). I just met a lady who worked for Catholic Charities for several years and was terminated because she hurt her back. A lady I know was written up at her hospital for calling in too late when her husband was in the E.R.  Just lok at that thread on Dave Ramsey! 

(my bolding) How in the world do these people always get promotions? I see it all the time but me who is fair, smart collaborating and tells it like it is can't get promoted to save my life! (organizations all say they want collaborators but end up hiring egos)

On 5/16/2021 at 12:06 AM, Jackie3 said:

Actually, if I lived in NW Arkansas, I wouldn't step foot on their car lot property. Would you?

There are lots of places to buy used cars. People who are disgusted by pedophilia (in other words, most people) would not want to support it. They can easily choose a different car lot.

I wouldn't but I know about the Duggars. Most people have no idea who these people are and don't google them before buying- just like on the Naugler thread. I know I have purchased several vehicles and never thought to google the sales person. Since I have lived in my area awhile I know the reputations of the big lots but not the little used car lots. I think that would be true in most areas. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

MJB, this may be one of those thoughts that belong in the head not the page!

I apologize to one and all.  It was one of those things I .... shouldn't have posted but couldn't get it out of my head without expressing it somewhere.  This was not the place.  I am truly sorry.  Will not happen again.

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 20
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 15

23 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

I'd be thrilled if I only worried about that day. I'll be trying to fall asleep and I start thinking about something I said 20 years ago ??‍♀️

Thank you for saying this. I thought I was the only one...we are ALL humans-

• Upvote 26
  • Love 12

1 hour ago, OHFL2009 said:

I'd be thrilled if I only worried about that day. I'll be trying to fall asleep and I start thinking about something I said 20 years ago ??‍♀️

Try 40. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 7

The counselor I had in college taught me to get out of those thought spirals that go no where by singing loudly in my head (or out loud, if I have to - this I usually do under my breath) until I could think of something else. Any song seems to work. I remember joking with her later that I knew my thoughts were bad when half an hour of "It's a small world after all" in my head was preferable to my own thoughts. 

• Upvote 18
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 16
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 2

On 5/16/2021 at 12:06 PM, onekidanddone said:

What Michelle doesn’t get is that mommy years are never over. 
OnKid is 17, so while my day to day hands on parenting will come to an end in the next few years, she will always be my kid and my work is never over

A long-ago friend lamented that she “wasn’t ready not to be a mother” when her kids were 11 & 13. Thinking about her, it dawned on me: her own mother checked out when my friend was around those ages. I used to shake my head at the memory of her saying that. Now (at last), it occurs: that’s what she thought mothering was going to be like. 
In any case, she did listen when I told her that she’d never be out of her mothering years, and a decade later, as our friendship evolved to its natural end, she was enjoying grandmothering and had welcomed her kids’ SO’s.

Far as we know, Michelle was doted upon as the baby of the family her whole life til marriage, so where she got her misguided notion that motherhood begins and ends over roughly a 15-month period, who knows?!

Or — could it be gothard? Does he instruct the buddy system?! Gosh, that would make sense.  Provide lots of born followers AND injure the spirits of children from little on up as they essentially raise each other. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic