IGNORED

Sierra 5: Throwing Pots

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Travelfan said:

I think 4 generations is fairy easy to do, 5 is rare but possible, 6 is pretty crazy and means a combo of everyone have babies very young and great longevity.  I saw a photo of a 7 generation family from the UK and they had all been teen moms (or very close).  Definitely not something to aspire to! 

But 4 generations is easy. I had my daughter at 24, my dad was 27 when I was born and his mom was 36 when he was born (he was the youngest, with a large gap, late in life surprise baby in those days) so none of us were unusually young parents but we got to have the 4 generation photo. Sadly my grandma died when my daughter was 1, she was in her late 80s. 

When I had my first my mom was 49 and my dad was 51.  My younger brother and his wife just had a baby, my parents are now 70 and 73. My kids are 21 and 20. Potentially my parents could end up with a grandkid and great grandkid the same age except that my kids have zero interest in having kids anytime soon, or ever…

I am late 60s, my parents late 90s. My daughter is 36, son is 33 and my GD is 9. My sibs (ages 62 and 56) kids ( 5 boys ages 28-23) are all single and without kids. My son has a long term partner and they state that they will not have kids and will likely marry soon. My kids did not have great grandparents. Heck my husband never had grandparents, but his parents were 40 when he was born.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, we have 4 generations currently, but my Grandmother has cancer and while several of the great grand children are technically old enough to have kids (4 over 18), none are in a place in their life that they want to have kids (yet). Hopefully her health stays stable and she can be around to witness some college graduations coming up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

My family on my mom's side is fairly big. My grandmother had 5 kids, one of which had 2 kids and the rest had 3+. My mom is the youngest. My older cousin got pregnant at 16 with her first (she has half siblings younger than her 2 oldest kids) and had 5 kids, all before she was early 30's, 3 from her first marriage and 2 from her second. Plus several other cousins have several kids. That means my grandma has several great grandchildren, which has been the case for like 25 years now, but also my cousin's middle child just had her first baby (also young, I'm not even positive she's 21 yet) so this thread has made me realize that my grandmother now has a great great grandchild! She could potentially have more, as several of the great grandkids are of an age where a pregnancy is possible. 

• Upvote 3

My grandpa is still hanging on in his 90s, my aunt is his oldest child, my cousin is the oldest, and my cousin's son was born when she was 20. So the oldest great-grandchild is 22 right now and engaged. We could possibly get to 5. 

• Love 6

• 1 month later...

Damn, I thought she was done with babies...and really enjoying her pottery business. She's going to have to put that on hold for a while--and I wonder if she will be able to fulfill all of her mug subscription orders. And that is a lot of kids crammed in that house.

image.png.3f00eb18dd4605e6f73861bd815ac93a.png

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 4

aww no. I'm kind of disappointed for her. I really thought she had made an active decision to be done. I hope this is what she wants and not more than she can handle - she expressed such overwhelm for so long.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

She has said before that she has PCOS so every baby is a surprise blessing.  I figured she just has irregular natural spacing as a result and this makes that likely.  I hope the gap makes having another more manageable - both for her and for her other kids.  She really seems to struggle openly at times.

• Upvote 3