IGNORED

Sierra 5: Throwing Pots

Coconut Flan

I don't know any people that sell MLM's, but that might be because there just aren't that many here? I don't really know tbh (I'm in the Netherlands). I do know that my mom used to have tupperware* when I was growing up, and she still has some of those containers. They are really good quality. However, I would personally not buy from an MLM because I don't want to support their abusive system. 

*My mom did say that she went to a tupperware party sometime in the early 90s, where she bought some containers, but I also remember her buying the tupperware brand in a normal store that sold household items.

• Upvote 6

Speaking of MLMs, amazon prime is apparently releasing a documentary on lularoe this week. My husband texted me about it so naturally our weekend plans are settled.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Speaking of MLMs, amazon prime is apparently releasing a documentary on lularoe this week. My husband texted me about it so naturally our weekend plans are settled.

We don’t have that in Australia (to my knowledge). I have heard it’s horrific and bankrupts people and sends mouldy stock. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I have never been sucked into an mlm but have friends what were. Lularoe is pretty bad but I think Amway is the WORST. They are so cagey and bizarre in their recruiting they're actually like a cult.

• Upvote 9

I have a Pampered Chef apple peeler/slicer/corer that I like (although it's secondhand). A friend of mine swears by 31 bags, which I thought seemed pretty sturdy when I used one of hers. And Color Street nails are pretty, though it's expensive, so I've only bought a couple of strips. Generally I try to avoid the MLMs.

I bought Avon for a long time, and I had a friend who sold Lia Sophia so I have a lot of that too.  I liked LS, but  their quality went down a lot in the last year or so before they went out of business.

I have one 31 bag, and I do like it, but it was really expensive so I’ll never buy another one.  

I thought Pampered Chef was meh.  So many of their gadgets do just one thing, and storage is a premium in my tiny kitchen.  IDK if Cutco is mlm, but I have two really nice knives and kitchen shears that I’d rate a hundred times better than PC.  I did buy PC shears, and the hinge somehow got too tight (probably food residue, in hindsight) and they didn’t open and close properly anymore.  And they were spring hinged, so the handles weren’t loops.  The Cutco shears actually come apart so you can clean the blades separately; much better IMO.

My DIL gave me a 31 bag with "Bad Wolf's Knitting" embroidered on it. It's starting to show some wear, but it's been in constant use and dragged all over. Did I mention that I have an amazing DIL?

It didn't really say bad wolf of course.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

When my kids were little I joined Discovery  Toys. I really liked their toys but they were expensive!  By joining as a “salesperson” I got their entire starting pack for pretty cheap…like 150 bucks for probably 500 worth of their toys retail. I thought that was a good deal and my kids played with the toys for years. Also I got a massive discount so I could order any other toys I wanted for my kids without paying retail. I was a total toy snob with my kids, everything had to be educational and open ended play 🤣

• Upvote 3

On 9/11/2021 at 11:12 PM, Bad Wolf said:

My DIL gave me a 31 bag with "Bad Wolf's Knitting" embroidered on it. It's starting to show some wear, but it's been in constant use and dragged all over. Did I mention that I have an amazing DIL?

It didn't really say bad wolf of course.

I would have found Bad Wolf far more hilarious than my name, but that might be my nerd (and deep and abiding love for Rose Tyler) showing.

• Upvote 4

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Silpada.  I admit to loving the jewelry when it first came out and even had a party, if only to score free stuff.  However, most of my Silpada has come from Ebay from former consultants selling off their party demo pieces for a very decent price.  

You can buy Silpada online now but it seems like the quality of the newer pieces has dropped in comparison to the older ones.     

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2021 at 2:09 PM, Marly said:

I don't know any people that sell MLM's, but that might be because there just aren't that many here? I don't really know tbh (I'm in the Netherlands). I do know that my mom used to have tupperware* when I was growing up, and she still has some of those containers. They are really good quality. However, I would personally not buy from an MLM because I don't want to support their abusive system. 

*My mom did say that she went to a tupperware party sometime in the early 90s, where she bought some containers, but I also remember her buying the tupperware brand in a normal store that sold household items.

Bit late to reply but I think Herbalife is a pretty established MLM here in NL.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Sierra did a sneak peak at what's in her boxes and....the contents kind of don't suck. 🤷‍♀️ It will be interesting to see how much the Not Sucking balances out whatever she's charging. Because it looked like it $20-$40 didn't suck. 

• Thank You 2

On 9/24/2021 at 7:21 PM, Grace said:

Sierra did a sneak peak at what's in her boxes and....the contents kind of don't suck. 🤷‍♀️ It will be interesting to see how much the Not Sucking balances out whatever she's charging. Because it looked like it $20-$40 didn't suck. 

IMHO, they are waaaay overpriced. Even for products from small independent businesses. I don't think Sierra's trinket bowls are that impressive.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUTv2ytrK8d/

"I’ve worked to curate 3 box options to fit different price ranges! Here are the details:

📦The Big Box O’Joy📦 $139.99

-Large Spiral Notebook (4 designs to choose from! You get to pick!)
-Matching Market List
-4 oz. bag of coffee from a local coffee shop! (@basecamp_coffeeco)
-Milk & Dark chocolate covered espresso beans from another local coffee spot! (@7brewcoffee)
-Organic Lip Balm from a small business right here in Siloam Springs! (@bonniesbotanicals)
-A SURPRISE trinket bowl from SJD Pottery ✋🏻🥺 (that’s me!). These will be chosen at random, but I have SO MANY DESIGNS!
-3 custom “Choose Joy, Speak Life, Keep Marching” pencils!
-All 16 sticker designs, from my shop! (Including the 3 exclusive Choose Joy, Speak Life, Keep Marching stickers!)
Valued at over $200!

📦The Lil’ Box O’ Joy📦 $89.99

-Small Jotter Notebook (4 designs to choose from! You get to pick!)
-Matching Pocketbook
-4 oz. bag of coffee from a local coffee shop! (@basecamp_coffeeco)
-Milk & Dark chocolate covered espresso beans from another local coffee spot! (@7brewcoffee)
-Organic Lip Balm from a small business right here in Siloam Springs! (@bonniesbotanicals)
-A SURPRISE trinket bowl from SJD Pottery ✋🏻🥺 (that’s me!). These will be chosen at random, but I have SO MANY DESIGNS!
-All 16 sticker designs, from my shop! (Including the 3 exclusive Choose Joy, Speak Life, Keep Marching stickers!)
Valued at over $150!

📦Joy Mail📦 $49.99

-Small Pocketbook
Valued at over $100!"

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 8

Yeah, the prices seem insanely high, but then this is the same woman who stuffed cake chunks and frosting into mason jars and sold them in four-packs for $40. And since I can’t stand the taste of coffee, I’d have no interest in the choco-covered espresso beans or the coffee. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, catlady said:

Yeah, the prices seem insanely high, but then this is the same woman who stuffed cake chunks and frosting into mason jars and sold them in four-packs for $40. And since I can’t stand the taste of coffee, I’d have no interest in the choco-covered espresso beans or the coffee. 

I love chocolate espresso beans but I can get them at Aldi for $5 🤣

I definitely would not pay that much for these little boxes but I bet she sells out because there are a lot of people with more money than they know what to do with

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

12 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

What is a “matching market list,” and why is it worth $50 more than a pocketbook?

I assume its just one of those notepads for shopping lists, like this: image.png.4225d8d8a33d2cee3ba84cb46276f37e.png

• Upvote 3

So Sierra's youngest just turned 2, and she hasn't announced another blessing on the way. Is 2 + years her longest spacing between babies so far?

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

So Sierra's youngest just turned 2, and she hasn't announced another blessing on the way. Is 2 + years her longest spacing between babies so far?

I think so. Duggar Data has her 2.81 SDs late.

• Upvote 4