IGNORED

Seewalds 45: Ben’s a REAL Pastor at a PRECIOUS Church!

nelliebelle1197

5 hours ago, Cupcake79 said:

When I first heard Spurgeon’s name I was sure he would go by Elliot. I had never heard of anyone named Spurgeon. I’m sure I’m not the only one. 
Is Jessa homeschooling? At least then he won’t be teased in school because of his name. I only follow Jessa at Insta, not her YouTube, but I can’t recall her talking about homeschooling the kids. Isn’t Spurgeon about the same age as Allie Webster? Alyssa sure is homeschooling her kids from a young age.

Allie turned 6 in April, Spurgeon turns 6 in November. Where I live that would automatically mean that Allie should be going into 1st grade and Spurgeon would be starting kindergarten this year. But Alyssa likes to start her kids a year ahead of where they're supposed to be, age wise, so Allie is going into 2nd grade. Jessa hasn't mentioned much of anything about schooling that I know of, so I have no idea what they plan on doing with Spurgeon.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, coffeebean7 said:

I love nature names but I just can't picture yelling Ivy & Fern at a playground, and I hate when boys get traditional names while their sisters don't.

That always makes me twitchy, actually. It's one of the things I don't like about my own name: my brothers got entirely or partly family names, I got what my mom thought sounded nice.

11 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

In my area at least there is a good informal milk donor program called human milk 4 human babies. It's at least nationwide in the USA and may be worldwide. My state group is fairly active and as an over producer I was thrilled to donate extra milk to moms in need. Nobody wants it now because I had my covid vaccine, but I donated about 500oz to area babies. I disclosed medications and would have shared my results from any pregnancy disease testing if asked.

I like to believe I come from a long line of wet nurses.

There's another program that I think is based as small local groups, Eats on Feets.

I can't believe no one wanted it because you had your vaccine. I'd be all over milk with covid antibodies if I couldn't produce my own!

• Upvote 8

I was today years old when I first heard the name Fern. I must say I like it a lot, I find it very interesting. Easy to spell/write/understand in a lot of different languages too.

I don't care much for birth videos - why, oh why? - but a while back I stumbled upon Jessa's video where she takes her daughter to eat at Chick-fil-A. Her two year old is adorable and I thought very articulate for her age. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

36 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Allie turned 6 in April, Spurgeon turns 6 in November. Where I live that would automatically mean that Allie should be going into 1st grade and Spurgeon would be starting kindergarten this year. But Alyssa likes to start her kids a year ahead of where they're supposed to be, age wise, so Allie is going into 2nd grade. Jessa hasn't mentioned much of anything about schooling that I know of, so I have no idea what they plan on doing with Spurgeon.

Here the cut off is December 1st so technically Spurgeon could be starting 1st grade this year. 

12 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

who is the guy next to Jason?  

Not sure who he is, but I think he was one of Jed's groomsmen?  (The one who entered first with Katey's half-sister.)

918424885_Attendants1.JPG.80e65ecf63d6397bcd35cf01bb3a9b58.JPG

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Not sure who he is, but I think he was one of Jed's groomsmen?  (The one who entered first with Katey's half-sister.)

I believe that’s Austin’s brother-in-law, Bobby Ballinger.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

If I ever have another boy I really like the name Mons, which is a Norwegian variant of Magnus, and the name of the family farm. The problem is that it is also almost synonymous with "male cat"/"male sturdy kittycat" (it has some connotations which are hard to translate), so it could be hard for the child to live with. It makes me hesitate to use it.

And, as I just now realised: Mons pubis. Ok, maybe not naming my child Mons. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 36
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, metheglyn said:

This isn’t Bobby. Bobby was sitting with Megan in one of the stills. No idea who this guy is.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

7 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

Here the cut off is December 1st so technically Spurgeon could be starting 1st grade this year. 

December 31 in my province. Spurgeon and Allie would be in grade one in September. That said, with a November birthday Spurgeon might not have been ready last fall which is perfectly okay. I wonder if in part she waited so Spurgie and Henry could be in the same grade. I so wouldn’t blame her if she wants to group kids to make schooling more manageable. Especially if she plans on having a boatload of kids. 

• Upvote 3

The cutoff in Arkansas for kindergarten enrollment is 5 years old by August 1, so he wouldn't have been eligible for public school last year.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

9 hours ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

I was today years old when I first heard the name Fern. I must say I like it a lot, I find it very interesting. Easy to spell/write/understand in a lot of different languages too.

My husband's grandmother was named Fern. It reminds me of the main human character in "Charlotte's Web"

• Upvote 5

Finally caught up and enjoyed other people's suggested names.

I'm thinking Flora, one of the children in the Babar books (who had brothers Pom and Alexander) or Chrysanthemum as in the Kevin Henkes book.

• Upvote 5

On 7/21/2021 at 7:29 PM, JillyO said:On topic, I don’t think Fern Elliana Seewald flows very nicely, but it’s an okay name in my book. While I’m glad they chose to go the hospital route this time, I am curious what made them come to their senses. Did they elaborate on what prompted this decision at all?

Jessa stated that she was choosing a hospital birth this time because she had to have pitocin administered after each of her previous three births to control postpartum bleeding. She said that midwives in AR are not allowed to administer Pitocin and she wanted to avoid a postpartum hospital transfer. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 10

13 hours ago, Thorns said:

If I ever have another boy I really like the name Mons, which is a Norwegian variant of Magnus, and the name of the family farm. The problem is that it is also almost synonymous with "male cat"/"male sturdy kittycat" (it has some connotations which are hard to translate), so it could be hard for the child to live with. It makes me hesitate to use it.

And, as I just now realised: Mons pubis. Ok, maybe not naming my child Mons. 

I read mons and thought pubis immediately, but didn’t want to burst your bubble … ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 15

My son was born 8 days before the cutoff date for schools. I am wondering if he will be ready for school maturity wise. I knew a few parents whose children were very close to the date that chose to wait a year. It worked for them. I also knew kids who were close and started the first year they were eligible and they were fine. Most likely it will be a decision based on the individual child.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

For any Big Mouth fans out there- Mons makes me think of Missy when she called herself a 'Mons Pusher.'

Adding two more naming suggestions for future Seewald girls: Mugwort and Gillyweed. Those are some real winners!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

For any Big Mouth fans out there- Mons makes me think of Missy when she called herself a 'Mons Pusher.'

Adding two more naming suggestions for future Seewald girls: Mugwort and Gillyweed. Those are some real winners!

Hemlock.

[for years there was a "Hemlock Nursing Home" in my home town, which my family thought was hilariously inappropriate.

• Haha 15

Mons made me think of Olympus Mons, the giant shield volcano on Mars, which is over twice the height of Mount Everest.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Hemlock.

[for years there was a "Hemlock Nursing Home" in my home town, which my family thought was hilariously inappropriate.

I would be terrified to put a loved one in Hemlock Nursing Home. My mind flips to an “Arsenic and Old Lace” situation. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Oh I love the name “Fern.”  If I ever would’ve had a girl, that would have been her name.  It’s from Charlotte’s Web, it’s got a strong sound, it’s nature-y, easy to spell.  I would have painted ferns all over her nursery.  

It’s weird to have such a strong agreement with a Duggar decision.  I don’t enjoy it.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, LittleOwl said:

I saw this online and thought of Jessa: 

FB_IMG_1627062879209.jpg

For another bad name, here in the Pacific northwest, in wet areas we have devil's club. It is a tall plant with tiny spines much like on a beaver tail cactus that I have heard are hideous to get out.

• Upvote 8

14 hours ago, LittleOwl said:

I saw this online and thought of Jessa: 

FB_IMG_1627062879209.jpg

I have friends whose daughter has a slightly unusual (but pretty) floral name. I asked how they chose it, and they told me it’s their favourite type of wildflower. First thing I said was ‘glad your favourite isn’t Toadflax then!’. 

• Haha 9

21 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

My son was born 8 days before the cutoff date for schools. I am wondering if he will be ready for school maturity wise. I knew a few parents whose children were very close to the date that chose to wait a year. It worked for them. I also knew kids who were close and started the first year they were eligible and they were fine. Most likely it will be a decision based on the individual child.

In my country the cut off is December 31. So all the children born in the same year start school the same day (the year of their 3rd birthday). It is no possible to put the kid in a classroom with children born in a different year. At the beginning  there are madurity differences of course, but those differences don't last. 

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic