• Upvote 7

On 4/1/2021 at 9:59 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

20210401_red12.JPG

I can’t see Gaetz without thinking he’s a long lost son of Ted Kennedy.e

Edited by clueliss
  • I Agree 4

image.png.f882cba5ca2f1c13c4669477854985c2.png

"Multitasking"

After Donald Trump sent right-wing racist terrorists to attack the United States Capitol, killing one police officer, with two committing suicide days after, and over 100 injured from the Capitol Police force, with one losing an eye and another losing several fingers, conservatives were baffled that liberals were upset over an attack on police. I mean, aren’t liberals against cops?

No. Liberals are not against cops and we are not against having police. Sure, there’s a fringe element that wants to do away with all police and the slogan “defund the police” is a major distraction, but most liberals want police. The thing is, we want honest cops. We want a system that treats everyone equally. We want a system that doesn’t single out unarmed black Americans for punishment and unfair treatment. We don’t want cops killing unarmed black people over stuff like selling loose cigarettes, passing a counterfeit $20, or driving while black. We don’t want cops busting into the wrong house and killing the black occupants. We don’t want cops killing a man because they thought his cell phone was a gun. We don’t want cops killing a child for playing with a toy gun. It’s insane to think that people who don’t support racist cops are against cops.

Think of it like pizza. Just because I don’t want pineapple on my pizza doesn’t mean I’m against all pizza. Yes, I just equated pineapple pizza to racist cops. They both fuck up good things.

What’s insane is one day supporting racist cops and the next day, supporting the white nationalist MAGA terrorists who kills cops. But unlike conservatives, I am not baffled by this hypocrisy because I know it’s not really cops conservatives love. They love the racism. They love the Trump cult.

If Donald Trump sent Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, and other assorted racist MAGA terrorist goons to kill Jesus on Easter, Trump supporters would defend that. In the racist MAGA goons defense, he was a zombie.

Republicans are clinging to a racist system that’s denying black Americans the right to vote and supporting two separate justice systems, one for blacks and the other for whites.

You can be upset over the killing of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Eric Garner, Michael Brown, and Tamir Rice while also being upset over the killings of Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick and Officer Billy Evans.

Officer Sicknick was killed by Trump terrorists during their insurrection at the Capitol. Officer Evans was killed Friday by a man driving his car into Capitol Police at the Capitol, and then sprang from his car wielding a knife.

Trump supporters are simple-minded beasts. For them, everything is as simplistic as black and white (no pun intended). Fox News and Donald Trump only have to point toward the direction for the cult to go, and they go with no questions being asked.

We on the left understand life and humans are a bit more complex. You can hate pineapple on pizza while not hating pineapple. You can hate a racist like Papa John selling his racist pineapple pizza while not hating pizza. Life is complex.

Don’t be afraid to speak out for and against cops. Don’t be afraid to speak up against a racist system in our nation’s police forces. If you’re not a Trump supporter, you can multitask.

Creative note: I have a friend named Brian Evans, so I had to be very careful that I didn’t let my mind get sloppy and label one of the stones with his name. Also, big shout-out to my copy editor Hilary today who Googled and proofed each of these names while standing in line to get vaccinated at Gillette Stadium. My proof ladies really do rock.

On another creative note, I originally had “multitask” lettered in one line, but it really looked weird to me because “tit” is in the word. Look at it. “Multitask.” Maybe it was just my eyes, but it was glaring out to me. So, I moved it into two lines as an excuse to hyphenate it. Now that’s an obscure creative note. If I was going to sneak “tit” into a cartoon, I’d do it with something like “titmouse.” I’m like Homer Simpson and I can’t hear that word without giggling.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

image.png.6f6382bb77afb58625e6964a39c942a1.png

"No Balls For Racists"

Charlie Kirk is a very young conservative activist and the founder of Turning Point USA, a conservative group that pushes toxic right-wing bullshit to white high school and college students and pays him a salary of over $300,000 a year which is why he lives in a fancy-schmancy million-dollar condo on the water in Longjohn, Florida. After Major League Baseball pulled its annual All-Star game out of Georgia over the new voting laws, Kirk tweeted something dishonest and stupid.

He tweeted, “The MLB is okay playing games in Communist China and Communist Cuba but they draw the line at Georgia requiring signature verification & voter ID?” Did you know MLB had games scheduled to be played in Cuba and China this year? Me neither. The reason we don’t know this is because they don’t. But then again, Kirk has pushed multiple lies about the coronavirus pandemic and Donald Trump “winning” the election, among a lot of other lies.

Sure, MLB had two spring-training games in China back in 2008, and the Tampa Bay Rays played a game in Havana against the Cuba national team with President Barack Obama in attendance, but these events are in the past and the U.S. Constitutional right to vote doesn’t apply to people in China and Cuba. What Charlie Kirk did was play whatabout. It’s to deflect from the facts. It’s to protect racists. Maybe he should shut up and dribble?

Charlie Kirk mentioned signature verification and voter ID in his lame tweet. What he didn’t bring up, surely intentionally, was that Georgia Republicans crafted a new law that has made voting harder for black Americans. It has shortened voting times, eliminated drop boxes, made absentee voting more stringent, give the legislature power over local election boards, and has even made bringing someone waiting in line to vote a bottle of water into crime. Of course Kirk was dishonest. He’s a conservative and a Trump supporter. Have you ever met an honest Trump supporter? That’s a rhetorical question because honest Trump supporters do not exist.

Legislators in 43 states are trying to duplicate the racist voting laws in Georgia. There are currently over 250 measures to make it more difficult for some Americans to vote. We should be expanding the ability to vote, not suppressing it. We should not be making voting harder. In this country, it’s easier to purchase an assault weapon than it is for some Americans to vote.

The New York Times examined and published a detailed breakdown of what the law actually does.

The reason there are so many efforts by Republicans across the nation to hamper voting is because Republicans can’t win with their messages and policies. Republicans sell their policies with, “Hey, how about some racist shit and other shit that helps billionaire assholes become even bigger billionaire assholes?” And most Americans say, “Eh. No thanks.” So, Republicans respond with, “Since that person doesn’t like our policies to expand a system of racism for billionaire assholes let’s stop that person from voting.” In case you haven’t been paying attention over the lifespan of this entire country, it works.

While we are a racist country, the majority of us are not racists. How can that be? We have a very racist system that Republicans are fighting to preserve while the majority of Americans are voting to remove it. For example, our political system currently has an equal number of Democrats and Republicans in the United States Senate, despite the FACT Democrats represent over 41 million more Americans than Republicans do. White conservatives expect and demand more political representation. Senate Republicans, despite representing a lot fewer Americans than the Democrats, can block any legislation they don’t like. Despite representing fewer Americans, and with this number dropping each election, Republicans have more justices on the federal courts. While the number of Americans who support Republicans and their racist policies is decreasing by the day, their majority on the Supreme Court will last for decades.

Have you ever seen one of those stupid maps on Facebook idiots post that’s supposed to represent how the country is voting? The majority of the map is ridiculously red while there are little blots of blue here and there. They claim this proves the bulk of the nation is voting Republican. What they fail to point out is that those little blots of blue are cities and urban centers while most of the red are areas are sparsely populated counties where if you hear banjo music, you better run. It works like this: Say there’s an 800-square-mile county in Nebraska and the entire population consists of two Trump-supporting cow fuckers with really bad personal hygiene. That entire 800-square-mile county will be red. Sharing those maps and trying to prove the majority of Americans want racist policies is another example of conservatives and Trump supporters being dishonest…unless they actually believe those maps; then it’s another example of them being morons.

Now Major League Baseball has pulled the 2021 All-Star game out of Georgia which was planned for this July. Rob Manford, the commission of Major League Baseball issued a statement that read, “Major League Baseball fundamentally supports voting rights for all Americans and opposes restrictions to the ballot box. Fair access to voting continues to have our unwavering support.”

This will cost Georgia millions. This now puts pressure on other companies in the state, such as Delta and Coca-Cola. It puts pressure on Hollywood which is producing shows and movies like crazy in Georgia. “The Walking Dead” is made in Georgia. They make “Stranger Things” in Georgia. All those Avenger movies? Georgia. I watched “Falcon and the Winter Soldier” last night. Once again, fucking Georgia. Can you appreciate the irony they made “Black Panther” in Georgia? We need King T’Challa right now to kick some Republican ass in Georgia.

The MLB boycott It also puts pressure on companies in other states, such as Dell Technologies and American Airlines. Hopefully, it’ll put pressure on racist Republican legislators to stop creating racist voting laws.

Republicans defend themselves over the accusations these laws are racist and restrict voting rights by saying, “Uh-uh. Does not. It expands them in my neighborhood, so what are you talking about? My one black friend saw the law and said, ‘Dy-no-mite!’ This makes life better for black people who enjoy standing in long lines for hours without water. White power! Oops. Did I say that part out loud? Look! A squirrel!”

The states enacting these laws are working to become oppressive fascist states where only the privileged can vote. That brings us back to that Turning Point fucker.

Charlie Kirk, with the limited activity he has going on inside his cranium, did manage to get one thing right…inadvertently. He equated the racist, oppressive Republican-led government of Georgia with fascist oppressive governments in China and Cuba. Good job, Moron. Thanks for making our point for us. Now, put the Twitter device down before you hurt yourself.

Every eligible American has the right to vote. His/her rights should not be hindered. Here comes the pun: Everyone has the right to play ball. Voting rights for black Americans should not be encumbered by those without balls…or in the case of people like Charlie Kirk, whose balls haven’t dropped yet.

Creative note: Usually, when a cartoonist borrows, lifts, or steals from another (usually, one more famous and successful) for a political cartoon, like I did today, they write, “With apologies to…” I totally forgot to do that with today’s cartoon and I should have given Sparky a public apology. I truly owe him an apology as my making one of his characters a Klansman may not be something he’d be thrilled with. Sorry, Charlie.

• Upvote 7

image.png.7631c76f54b0dbb695c007c47fb4f4e9.png

"Giggity Gaetz"

Three things I have never liked much are clubs, DJs, and frat boys.

The first thing I did when I was newly single after my marriage was check out clubs with some new single friends. I hated it. Sure, I spent a lot of years single and going out for cocktails with friends. But a lot of that was part of the music scene I was in and in dive bars. Dive bars are different than clubs. Clubs are usually flashier with strobe lights and techno music playing, have a polo-shirt dress code, and a ridiculous cover guys are willing to pay to meet girls who are usually let in for free. Dive bars are usually falling apart, have regulars, a jukebox and TV, you know the bartender and he knows you, there is not a dress code, and NEVER a cover.

Clubs have overpriced drinks with the business strategy that you purchase these oversized drink for women you just met. In clubs, the women tend to run in packs and often if you want to buy one a shot, then you gotta buy all the friends a shot. In dive bars, they have PBR. You can purchase an expensive drink at a dive bar but you normally don’t go there for that.

In clubs, people tend to get dumber. In dive bars, you encounter more sarcasm. In clubs, you find frat boys. In dive bars, frat boys are barely tolerated. In dive bars, you can find ethnic diversity, liberals, rednecks, people who are straight, people who are gay, and drag queens. People go to clubs to pick up other people for sex. Sure, in a dive bar, you can take home some strange, but it’s usually happenstance.

Clubs also have DJs. I hate DJs. I hate going to a place to pay a cover to watch some tasteless asshole spin his record collection. Fuck that guy and fuck that club. A lot of DJs also think they are musicians. They are not. You are not a musician because you are spinning other people’s music…even if you get credit for the song selection. At best, you’re a shitty producer or engineer. DJs have Denning-Kruger syndrome when it comes to taste. They don’t have taste but they think they do.

Then there are frat boys. If you are a member of a fraternity, that doesn’t mean I don’t like you. Being a member of a fraternity doesn’t make you a frat boy. The frat boy is the guy who’s a date-raping, entitled trust-fund baby, always hitting on women, disrespecting them as if they’re part of his property, runs in a pack of assholes, showered in Axe body spray that has a scent called “Misty Green Monster Voodoo” or some shit, and while he’ll buy a $12 shot to pick up a hottie, the beer in his keg is Miller High Life because he doesn’t care about the quality when it could land in either his belly or be boofed up his ass. Seriously.

Do you know where to find frat boys (other than frats)? At clubs where DJs are playing.

Every time I see Matt Gaetz, I see an entitled trust-fund baby frat boy. We always knew he was a d-bag, but this investigation into him and sex trafficking is proving he’s a bigger bag-of-dicks than we were aware of. How is that even possible?

The Justice Department is looking into whether Gaetz didn’t just pay for an underage teenage girl to fly across state lines to have sex with him, but if he was paying other women for sex. They’re looking to see if he paid women in cash and drugs. And according to people who work in the U.S. Capitol, Gaetz is really fond of showing nude photos of women he slept with to fellow congressmen on the floor of the House.

Whoever told the press about the nude photos was not a Democrat. One of the people who leaked it is a supposed friend of Gaetz. The first question I had when I heard of Matt Gaetz sharing nude photos was: Has Brett Kavanaugh seen them?

Of course, the Supreme Court Justice doesn’t have anything to do with this case, but when I think of asshole frat boys boofing beer up their assholes, I think of Matt Gaetz and Brett Kavanaugh. While both of these guys are disrespectful to women, the one difference between them is that Gaetz may not last the week, and we’re stuck with Kavanaugh for the next 30 years.

In regards to Gaetz sharing nude photos: It’s very inappropriate. For one thing, he’s doing it on the floor of the House. Now, I know Republicans don’t respect the Capitol as they’re willing to back a white supremacist terrorist attack on it. But how about exhibiting just a little dignity on the floor, hmm? Also, most guys don’t want to see the nude photos on your phone of women you slept with. I don’t even wanna know you have them.

Also, carrying nude photos around on your phone, that’s just creepy. And if you have received nude photos from a woman or she allowed you to take them, that does NOT give you the right to share them with your buddies. I guarantee the photos Gaetz has were given to him with the intention they were for his eyes only. To share them is disrespecting the person who gave them to you and it doesn’t make you look cool.

Also, when a woman gives you photos, they don’t belong to you. If she ever requests that you delete them, you delete them. They’re not your photos. But if you send them to someone like Matt Gaetz, they’ll become everyone’s photo.

There’s an old-antiquated idea that when we vote, we choose from amongst the best of us. Now, it’s like the entire Republican Party is racing to the bottom. It’s like they’re trying to out vile each other. They went from being the party of family values and patriotism to the party of “grab them by the pussy” and pro-Putin. They laugh at children being ripped from their families in order to “own the libs.” Marjorie Taylor Green, Lauren Boebert, Jim Jordan, Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, and Matt Gaetz are not the best of us.

Quite frankly, I’d rather vote for Quagmire.

• Upvote 10

image.png.8406e757c26183211a0b29252eb05905.png

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 4

image.png.ed6b04d81ba19c67a668f5b37215b079.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 1

20210405_red1.JPG

This is in reference to the Minnesota man who won't be charged with rape because the victim had alcohol in her system (in case you haven't read about the case).

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 6

20210405_red2.JPG

• Upvote 12

20210405_red3.JPG

• Upvote 5
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

20210405_red1.JPG

This is in reference to the Minnesota man who won't be charged with rape because the victim had alcohol in her system (in case you haven't read about the case).

They’re trying something similar with that fuck Chauvin - saying Floyd had drugs in his system. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 5

20210405_red4.JPG

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

20210405_bennett1.JPG

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic