IGNORED

Mortons 4: Addie's Finally Married and All the Mortons Are MAGAts

nelliebelle1197

@SolomonFundy Yes, that’s a full term baby. My baby was born a week before her due date which I was kinda expecting since my mom and my sister never went past 38 weeks. Maybe all of Alyssa’s were born on their due date or later so she’s surprised that Claire was earlier. But she should know better. There are tons of kids in that family and many of them probably born before the due date.

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

They were surprised by the sex? How?

Alyssa said that her husband always finds out even if she doesn’t want to find out the sex beforehand. But this was the first time neither of them found out the sex before she gave birth. 

I admit I was a little surprised my second son came before his due date because my first went overdue. I was also extremely surprised that I gave birth less than 2 hours after my first contraction. Because my first was over 26 hours. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Anything between 37+ weeks is full-term, due dates are always an estimate so it's not really accurate to say a baby came early at 39 weeks or at least to be surprised. At the rate these people procreate, they should know better.

Saying this as I am 38.5 weeks and actively trying to induce this week because I'm so over it. My first came at 37.3 days, it's understood they can come anytime between 37-42. My maternity leave plan at work spells out that anytime in that period my leave might start. You'd be an idiot to be surprised at 38 weeks much less 39. I'd kill to deliver by 39 weeks.

Edited by freethemall
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 6

18 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Anything between 37+ weeks is full-term, due dates are always an estimate so it's not really accurate to say a baby came early at 39 weeks or at least to be surprised. At the rate these people procreate, they should know better.

Saying this as I am 38.5 weeks and actively trying to induce this week because I'm so over it. My first came at 37.3 days, it's understood they can come anytime between 37-42. My maternity leave plan at work spells out that anytime in that period my leave might start. You'd be an idiot to be surprised at 38 weeks much less 39. I'd kill to deliver by 39 weeks.

Sending you wishes for a safe and quick delivery!  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

25 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Going overdue sucks. I hope you deliver before then. Good luck!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Going overdue sucks. I hope you deliver before then. Good luck!

Yup. My first was 10 days overdue, and I thought that was bad. Until number two took her sweet time and went 18 days past her due date (they started inducing when I was 15 days overdue, but it still took forever to get her to come).

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

For those of us who did IVF we know the exact day of conception, ? 
Hope everything goes well for you.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

And IUI! I did a trigger shot and was inseminated so I know when I likely got pregnant. 

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Yes but even then that doesnt guarantee exactly 40 week delivery, does it? 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, freethemall said:

Best wishes to you on the (hopefully very soon) delivery!

Thanks for weighing in on the range accepted as full term. I'm now back to rolling my eyes that the word "early" ever entered into their minds about Claire's arrival. 

• Upvote 1

I wish Addie would go back to blogging. Things made a lot more sense when she was doing it regularly. Can you imagine her rhapsodizing about her new life? World is not fair!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

Yes but even then that doesnt guarantee exactly 40 week delivery, does it? 

No. You were saying that a due date was always an estimate . I was just pointing out that some of us know the exact due date. I never said that babies come on their due date

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

No. You were saying that a due date was always an estimate . I was just pointing out that some of us know the exact due date. I never said that babies come on their due date

Ah ok, I guess what I meant is due date does not guarantee birth date, in that sense it's not something to get attached to. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/15/2021 at 8:09 AM, anjulibai said:

They were surprised by the sex? How?

Be surprised if an owl or a lizard comes out, sure, but there are really very few options for the sex and you don't have control over any of them, so....  They probably prayed for another Holy Penis Bearer and couldn't believe The Lard didn't grant their wish like an obedient genie.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, dramallama said:

Be surprised if an owl or a lizard comes out, sure, but there are really very few options for the sex and you don't have control over any of them, so....  They probably prayed for another Holy Penis Bearer and couldn't believe The Lard didn't grant their wish like an obedient genie.

I think now that they have both sexes, they probably don’t care anymore. It’s just another number in ether huge litter.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think now that they have both sexes, they probably don’t care anymore. It’s just another number in ether huge litter.

Idk, in every other situation their entire cult and culture clearly prioritizes and prizes men and boys over women and girls, why would this be any different?

• Upvote 7

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Except they probably want a brother for the 1 boy. We'll see with next year's guaranteed baby, she'll be pregnant again in a few months.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

11 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Except they probably want a brother for the 1 boy. We'll see with next year's guaranteed baby, she'll be pregnant again in a few months.

I have a feeling they know they will end up with an insane amount of kids and there will eventually be another boy just by odds alone. When people only have 1 or 2 kids, I could see them focusing a lot on the sex. But when these fundies know they will probably have a dozen and they already have both sexes, I can see them not caring as much. In 15 months they have another shot at a boy. And then in 30 months again. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a feeling they know they will end up with an insane amount of kids and there will eventually be another boy just by odds alone. When people only have 1 or 2 kids, I could see them focusing a lot on the sex. But when these fundies know they will probably have a dozen and they already have both sexes, I can see them not caring as much. In 15 months they have another shot at a boy. And then in 30 months again. 

True, but we definitely saw with Kress that she was very happy when Varina was born and Isabel finally had a sister.  Her babies were getting spread out and she had 6 boys and only 1 girl.  She has continued to be giddy anytime they do "girlie" stuff together like dress up or have a tea party.  Alyssa hasn't slowed down yet so I guess we'll see but I fully expect them to crow when they get another boy about how wonderful it is for her boys to grow up together.  

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, JMO said:

True, but we definitely saw with Kress that she was very happy when Varina was born and Isabel finally had a sister.  Her babies were getting spread out and she had 6 boys and only 1 girl.  She has continued to be giddy anytime they do "girlie" stuff together like dress up or have a tea party.  Alyssa hasn't slowed down yet so I guess we'll see but I fully expect them to crow when they get another boy about how wonderful it is for her boys to grow up together.  

And instead of barbies they'll spread out little toy guns.

• Upvote 2

On 6/15/2021 at 5:40 AM, SolomonFundy said:

Legit question for the room: Is a baby born one week before the estimated delivery date  considered an early baby?

The definition of a "term" pregnancy has undergone some change in the last decade or so. This is because it was realized that there were differences in outcome in babies born from 37 - 41 weeks with the least adverse outcomes in the 39w +0d - 40w+6d group. So now the definition is (NB this is for my area - might differ a bit in other areas)

Pre term: <37 weeks

Early term: 37 0/7 weeks through 38 6/7 weeks

Full term: 39 0/7 weeks through 40 6/7 weeks

Late term: 41 0/7 weeks through 41 6/7 weeks

Postterm: 42 0/7 weeks and beyond

So if Alyssa was telling the truth (vs truthiness) then you are right one week "early" is still full term

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

17 hours ago, browngrl said:

The definition of a "term" pregnancy has undergone some change in the last decade or so. This is because it was realized that there were differences in outcome in babies born from 37 - 41 weeks with the least adverse outcomes in the 39w +0d - 40w+6d group. So now the definition is (NB this is for my area - might differ a bit in other areas)

Pre term: <37 weeks

Early term: 37 0/7 weeks through 38 6/7 weeks

Full term: 39 0/7 weeks through 40 6/7 weeks

Late term: 41 0/7 weeks through 41 6/7 weeks

Postterm: 42 0/7 weeks and beyond

So if Alyssa was telling the truth (vs truthiness) then you are right one week "early" is still full term

This is incredibly interesting and informative. Thank you!

• Upvote 4

Addie has been posting more on IG.  Her old fashioned dreamy golden pictures with blowsy fanciful sentiments.  I think this may be what nesting looks like for her.  Lol. I believe that she is due in 6 or 7 weeks. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JMO said:

Addie has been posting more on IG.  Her old fashioned dreamy golden pictures with blowsy fanciful sentiments.  I think this may be what nesting looks like for her.  Lol. I believe that she is due in 6 or 7 weeks. 

Aww, in a way I miss the flowery world of Adeline. I've never seen anyone, in any realm of life, with such a combination of baby talk, imaginary Victorian, flowery, flowy language. She can wax poetic about a curtain as well as a tree. So entertaining!

But, alas, - no matter how much fun they were/are to snark on, their arrogant ignorance is mind numbingly maddening. So much uneducated chest thumping they put chimpanzees to shame. 

***Actually, my apologies to chimpanzees. They are more intelligent and don't deserve to be put in the same category as the MAGA Mortons. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 5

• hoipolloi locked this topic