IGNORED

Mortons 4: Addie's Finally Married and All the Mortons Are MAGAts

nelliebelle1197

30 minutes ago, browngrl said:

I wanted to write a rational post responding to the idiot Mortons and their conspiracy anti vaxx theories  but it rapidly degenerated into a mouth frothing rant. I can't even begin to go there.

Same here. In our families, all who can be vaccinated have been, but that leaves children under 12 who can and do have very serious consequences from a COVID-Delta Variant infection.

We have also all been wearing masks & minimizing or avoiding being around others who are not in our household, but our months of effort & sacrifice may go for naught, thanks to fucking assholes like the Mortons. May they reap the whirlwind. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Speaking of antivax fundies… I had to stop following Addie Foto (now Monk) because she was just so hateful and ignorant. She got married and pregnant with twins in her honeymoon. She had to leave her sisters band. Her other two sisters are trying to keep it going. Jinger has posted about liking their music before. She had her twins a few weeks early and had newborns when the pandemic started. She wore mesh masks when she was told to wear a mask or just didn’t wear a mask at all. A few weeks ago she posted on Facebook about how sick her whole family is and how bad Delta is. You don’t say! I only had sympathy for her babies having covid. She made shitty decisions about their health and she got shitty consequences. That’s how it works. 

This is the mask she wore Christmas shopping with infants during the worst of the pandemic:

8BB6E96E-07D4-436C-B2D2-A5F77FD8019E.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Angry 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 6

30 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She wore mesh masks when she was told to wear a mask or just didn’t wear a mask at all. A few weeks ago she posted on Facebook about how sick her whole family is and how bad Delta is. You don’t say!

This kind of behavior by adults who are responsible for minors that can't be vaccinated should be subject to CPS oversight.

It's another form of abuse.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

17 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

This kind of behavior by adults who are responsible for minors that can't be vaccinated should be subject to CPS oversight.

It's another form of abuse.

And yet she seemed to want sympathy on Instagram because her family got covid and they were really sick. It makes me mad that instead of a sympathy seeking post, she could have posted about how she was wrong. And she wants to tell others to be careful. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I wonder if the Mortons attended an organized protest or if they just have nothing better to do than stand on some street corner waving signs. Georgia already has super low vaccination rates; do they think they're the only brave souls in their deep-red county willing to disparage the shot? 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is the mask she wore Christmas shopping with infants during the worst of the pandemic:

If I was working in that store and saw her walk through the door like that I'd have turned her right back around. NOPE. I wish more places were willing to lay down the law on people who think they're cute pulling those stunts. No arguments, no time for little tantrums, no "but technically my face IS covered..." Just get the fuck out. Leave.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

41 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

If I was working in that store and saw her walk through the door like that I'd have turned her right back around. NOPE. I wish more places were willing to lay down the law on people who think they're cute pulling those stunts. No arguments, no time for little tantrums, no "but technically my face IS covered..." Just get the fuck out. Leave.

I think the problem with that was - store employees were being killed for trying to enforce mask requirements. How many stupid vides are there of the "Karens" having conniption fits for being told to wear a mask - and they're the "civil" ones. Off the top of my head there was a security guard, a bus driver and a store cashier - killed in cold blood. That's just what I remember right now - there were more.

I'm with you on the concept of just get the fuck out. Leave. But that has - in tRumpland, which we now live in (in America) - become killing words and how dare you tell me to do something I don't want to do, I have a gun, second amendment baby, bam, you're dead, I  win. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

From Martha's instagram (couldn't get a screenshot without the IG disclaimer but it says "headed to the town square) 

20210803_010157.jpg

FUCK them!! I’m getting tested tomorrow, because even though I was fully vaccinated by February, assholes like them have resulted in the delta variant that is breaking through vaccinations. So far I’ve been feeling pretty mildly ill, but I live with an immune suppressed daughter and there’s no way for us to isolate from each other.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Wasn’t Jeanine Morton’s father a doctor? 

I can’t with these ignorant fundies.

Actually I believe he was an educator. He had a doctorate in education.

Pretty ironic - just as much as if he were a doctor - given his daughter chose to deprive her spawn of anything resembling an education. 

Here's his obituary that explains his education/work: https://obituaries.moultrieobserver.com/obituary/jerome-cox-937629271

* I read another obituary for Dr. Cox - his wife died in April 2007 and two months later he hooked up with Bret Smith's mother. Two months after his wife of more than half a century passed away, he married someone else.

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 9

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

* I read another obituary for Dr. Cox - his wife died in April 2007 and two months later he hooked up with Bret Smith's mother. Two months after his wife of more than half a century passed away, he married someone else.

I read a stat that men remarry quicker than women after being widowed or divorced. I can think of more men I know that can’t stand to be alone than women. I know lots of women that have no problem being alone. Men who are married are more likely to live longer. 

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I read a stat that men remarry quicker than women after being widowed or divorced. I can think of more men I know that can’t stand to be alone than women. I know lots of women that have no problem being alone. Men who are married are more likely to live longer. 

I've read a lot of things about losing long term partners - and while I don't remember it being men more than women, I do remember reading that the longer you're married before your spouse dies, the sooner you are likely to remarry because you just don't know how to live alone anymore and/or something like that. 

I get it. If you were married for 50 years & lose your spouse and you expect to live several years more, remarrying makes sense. You no longer know how to live alone after spending most of your life as part of a couple. I get the psychology behind it and all that. What I don't get is your spouse of 50+ years dying and exactly 2 months later marrying the grandmother of your grandchildren's spouses - - meaning, while your wife was alive, you & your wife met the grandmother in law; you interacted with her as half a couple, as a married man. And poof, just 60 days after your wife is in the ground, you marry grandma inlaw? 

I am completely convinced there was some foolery in that situation; maybe a bit more than a "slight shove" towards marrying Alma Smith; some religious mumbo jumbo used to back up what Papa Smurf & pretend Captain wanted or something.

Obviously, it's the mere 2 freaking months later that I am hung up on. And, given they split up with the whole Alan / Katie split, their loyalties were not to each other but to their children & grandchildren. After ten years of being married, they were not invested in each other. Which is just another reason I don't think it was a "love match" and that Papa Smurf/pretend Captain conspiring went beyond their children to their parents. 

Blach. Whatever. I just never noticed before that it was so quick and for whatever reason it just seem really callous to me. 

I should stop with the Mortons already. I no longer follow any social media but they still grate on me like splinters under my fingernails. 

• Upvote 9

16 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I wonder if the Mortons attended an organized protest or if they just have nothing better to do than stand on some street corner waving signs. Georgia already has super low vaccination rates; do they think they're the only brave souls in their deep-red county willing to disparage the shot? 

I think a lot of places were, but at best, the majority of the mask enforcers make 15 or less an hour (and judging from the hiring signs in my fly over state way way less than 15 an hour) and are dealing with people who are angry and delusional.  I understand the clerks not wanting to engage with the crazy people.  Especially because I would assume any mesh mask wearer could be armed.

• Upvote 8

If their idiotic actions only effected them, they're all welcome to infect each other and suffer on ventilators and with long COVID as far as I'm concerned, but unfortunately some poor schmuck who accidentally gets too close in a grocery store will have to suffer from their actions as well.  When we wind up with a vaccine-dodging variant it will be their fault.

And I know logic doesn't work on them but FFS, in the US more people have had the vaccine than have had COVID, if the vaccines were dangerous that would be more than apparent by this point.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, dramallama said:

When we wind up with a vaccine-dodging variant it will be their fault.

This is what worries & enrages me. 

As for the idiot deniers, this meme seems about right:

432447845_FixingStupid.png.dc6e8c9ba42e1d49ee6aa2e81512bd72.png

• Upvote 11

They don't believe in things like evolution & science; you know, adapting to your environment. So, if you tried to explain to them how a virus could adapt, their heads might explode. They clearly don't understand how viruses work in the first place - hell, they don't understand how the flu works, with variants, etc....as many of them thought they were oh so smart at the beginning saying "why do people get the flu when they get a flu shot' and "why do you have to get a flu shot every year if vaccines worked" - you know, clearly intelligent, well thought questions. 

They are, after all, among the groups whining that "we locked down & still have the virus", "we (you) wore masks & we still have the virus" - thinking they're all smart & stuff. Never once actually looking at why lockdowns & masks didn't make it go away - the fucking morons who refused to stay home or wear a mask! Just like now, with so many areas going back to masks - and Biden even having to get very specific in explaining to an idiot - we. removed. mask. mandates. in. May. based. on. the. premise. that. people. would. do. the. right. thing. and. get. vaccinated. 

Now here we are in August & having to put masks back on the table because you are a fucking idiot. (Okay, this last sentence is mine, not a Biden paraphrase).

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, fundiefan said:

They don't believe in things like evolution & science; you know, adapting to your environment. So, if you tried to explain to them how a virus could adapt, their heads might explode. They clearly don't understand how viruses work in the first place - hell, they don't understand how the flu works, with variants, etc....as many of them thought they were oh so smart at the beginning saying "why do people get the flu when they get a flu shot' and "why do you have to get a flu shot every year if vaccines worked" - you know, clearly intelligent, well thought questions. 

They are, after all, among the groups whining that "we locked down & still have the virus", "we (you) wore masks & we still have the virus" - thinking they're all smart & stuff. Never once actually looking at why lockdowns & masks didn't make it go away - the fucking morons who refused to stay home or wear a mask! Just like now, with so many areas going back to masks - and Biden even having to get very specific in explaining to an idiot - we. removed. mask. mandates. in. May. based. on. the. premise. that. people. would. do. the. right. thing. and. get. vaccinated. 

Now here we are in August & having to put masks back on the table because you are a fucking idiot. (Okay, this last sentence is mine, not a Biden paraphrase).

I agree with you, except that removing the mandate in May was really dumb and irresponsible of the CDC, who may have just done it for political expediency. There was not enough time to get everyone vaccinated before they removed, especially people ages 12-16 who had been recently added to vaccine-eligible groups. I thought it was terrible decision then and I think it's a terrible decision now. 

I know one person who is getting vacinated now. She doesn't get out much and she has been social-distancing and mask-wearing the whole time. She was told by the pharmacist that most of the other people receiving shots were doing unmasked! These people are sensible enough to get the vaccine and reckless to walk around unmasked. 

It was completely predictable we'd be back to mask-wearing. The CDC was irresponsible and removed the mandate prematurely. Another friend is vaccinated and still wears her mask indoors.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 9

I was vaccinated at the beginning of the year, but I never stopped wearing my masks when I was out (and I don’t go out super often). I still seem to have contracted covid - waiting on test results, but the symptoms are identical. 

So two things: 1) thank god I’m vaccinated, because if this what mild covid feels like, I can’t imagine severe; and 2) if everyone else eligible had done the right thing, maybe I wouldn’t be sick at all.

Oh, and 3) my unvaccinated-by-choice uncle died of covid earlier this summer. He was only nine years older than me.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 16

41 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

I was vaccinated at the beginning of the year, but I never stopped wearing my masks when I was out (and I don’t go out super often). I still seem to have contracted covid - waiting on test results, but the symptoms are identical. 

So two things: 1) thank god I’m vaccinated, because if this what mild covid feels like, I can’t imagine severe; and 2) if everyone else eligible had done the right thing, maybe I wouldn’t be sick at all.

Oh, and 3) my unvaccinated-by-choice uncle died of covid earlier this summer. He was only nine years older than me.

Sorry to hear this and get well soon. Whether covid or no, take care of yourself!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Thank you ❤️ I’ve been watching a lot of classic tv on Hulu. Current favorites are I Love Lucy, The X-Files, and The Twilight Zone. And drinking lots of tea. I try to do a little reading when I can, but the brain fog has been especially frustrating.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

@Jasmar Big hugs and fingers crossed that it‘s just a nasty cold! No matter what you have, I hope you‘ll get better soon and your daughter is okay.

• Love 1

12 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I agree with you, except that removing the mandate in May was really dumb and irresponsible of the CDC, who may have just done it for political expediency. There was not enough time to get everyone vaccinated before they removed, especially people ages 12-16 who had been recently added to vaccine-eligible groups. I thought it was terrible decision then and I think it's a terrible decision now. 

I know one person who is getting vacinated now. She doesn't get out much and she has been social-distancing and mask-wearing the whole time. She was told by the pharmacist that most of the other people receiving shots were doing unmasked! These people are sensible enough to get the vaccine and reckless to walk around unmasked. 

It was completely predictable we'd be back to mask-wearing. The CDC was irresponsible and removed the mandate prematurely. Another friend is vaccinated and still wears her mask indoors.

I didn't agree with removing the mask mandate either - but mostly because they were relying on people to do what is right - wear a mask if you are not vaccinated. I am not sure why they even tried because anyone with an ounce of sense knows the majority of those not vaccinated are also anti-mask and would not do the right thing. They were entirely too wishy washy about the entire scenario for anything to be effective. I also think there was political BS in the mix and while I disagree with that concept, I try to look beyond it when I can. 

Because I do understand that things change and while I didn't fully agree in May, I do not think there is any great conspiracy and I know Delta is a game changer and I know thing change and a new virus doesn't come with a rule book and what was true - or slightly true - once is no longer true because we know more. 

I still wear a mask when indoors in public, but now when outside. I will most likely begin wearing it outside again, at least when in public places. Going for a walk, no. Going to State Fair, yes. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Yeah, she and Rachel are both well overdue for pregnancies. Thankfully nothing yet.

Agreed. Paraguay does not need anymore white, American, perfectly godly kristshuns using their resources. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Martha posted a whole IG speech about how marriage is hard but that we shouldn't believe what culture wants us to believe about marriage but keep looking to Jesus and fighting for marriage.  I've commented before on how she shows marriage cracks on IG, which is highly unusual, but this fully opened it up.  She admitted to a bad 3 hr fight the other day over dog vomit.  She did clarify that she is not talking about physical abuse.  Her friends are all cheering her on, which says something about them as well.  But, I've long since noticed that if someone is very public about how marriage is hard, they are only admitting the tip of the iceberg, especially in their world.  Edwin meanwhile did a story about how Francesca is his best friend, so they will be married before the end of the year and she'll be very pregnant in a year.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, JMO said:

Martha posted a whole IG speech about how marriage is hard but that we shouldn't believe what culture wants us to believe about marriage but keep looking to Jesus and fighting for marriage.  I've commented before on how she shows marriage cracks on IG, which is highly unusual, but this fully opened it up.  She admitted to a bad 3 hr fight the other day over dog vomit.  She did clarify that she is not talking about physical abuse.  Her friends are all cheering her on, which says something about them as well.  But, I've long since noticed that if someone is very public about how marriage is hard, they are only admitting the tip of the iceberg, especially in their world.  Edwin meanwhile did a story about how Francesca is his best friend, so they will be married before the end of the year and she'll be very pregnant in a year.  

If their marriage is so hard, imagine how much harder it would be if she had 5 kids by now. A 3 hour fight over dog vomit? I can’t imagine having a three hour fight over anything! After arguing about a topic for so long, I would say you need to take a breather and go calm down. Sort of like a self imposed time out. But if you kept that going for 3 hours, there is way more going on than just the dog vomit. Wayyyy more.

• Upvote 14

• hoipolloi locked this topic