IGNORED

2020 Election Fallout 13: Sedition And Arrests

GreyhoundFan

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Something going on in DC:

Seeing reports that someone's tent was burning under the highway and the fire was extinguished. Nobody seems to have been injured.

https://wtop.com/inauguration/2021/01/inauguration-rehearsal-evacuated-after-fire-in-homeless-camp/

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

7 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

True. However, while it is still a policy, these are the people it should apply to. I see no reason to disenfranchise the majority of people convicted of felonies - but I think the policy should be left intact for treason and sedition. Political crimes should get political penalties included in their sentencing. 

I get the rationale behind political penalties for political crimes, but I just have very little confidence that the government will deal with political crimes responsibly. A hundred years ago they made basically all criticism of the government count as sedition with the Sedition Act, for example, and losing the right to vote goes a bit too much in that direction for my comfort. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedition_Act_of_1918

• Upvote 6

Have you ever seen stupid? This is the face of stupid.

This man was arrested because he had committed burglary earlier and his GPS monitor placed him at the Capitol.

He's also evil so thankfully he is stupid. https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-siege/self-professed-white-supremacist-who-wanted-to-be-lone-wolf-killer-arrested-over-d-c-insurrection-doj

He was supposed to be distributing Bibles, of all things.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10
  • Thank You 3

https://www.rawstory.com/gracyn-dawn-courtright/

'I don't know what treason is’: Trump rioter arrested after incriminating herself on Instagram

University of Kentucky student from West Virginia who was caught in video inside the Capitol on Jan. 6 is now facing multiple charges, WCHS reports.

Gracyn Dawn Courtright is charged with knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority; knowingly engaging in disorderly or disruptive conduct in any restricted buildings or grounds; violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds and theft of government property (under $1,000).

According to the complaint filed against her, Courtright had posted multiple videos to social media showing her inside the Capitol, some of which have since been deleted. One photo posted to Instagram shows her the Capitol with the caption, "can't wait to tell my grandkids I was here." Other photos from security footage show Courtright inside the Capitol carrying a "Members Only" sign up a set of stairs before a law enforcement officer takes it away from her.

Screenshots show a series of direct messages between Courtright and a witness, where Courtright says the riot "wasn't like the news said," adding that she "thought it was cool," and "idk what treason is" after the witness told her what she did was treason.

The University of Kentucky's student newspaper, the Kentucky Kernel, did a story on Courtright's involvement in the riot, which prompted a student to start a petition to have Courtright expelled. As of this writing, the petition has just over 2,000 signatures.

The rioting was OK because it was cool and it's a great story for the grandkids one day.

"Once upon a time, Nana went to an armed insurrection. Five people died but  it was really cool. Nana took a sign but she can't show it to you because a bad cop stole it from her. The moral of the story is, avoid cops when overthrowing the government."

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

I don’t remember FedEx having to do this for other inaugurations. 

3B7857B6-CC53-4BB2-A2BC-CE7DE9BBA775.thumb.jpeg.8be8b6a3fbf53add71d3601fc436e473.jpeg

Fornicate you Donald. 

• Upvote 14

This man was tracked by a location app he loaded himself. 

I thought you couldn't survive without a brain but you know what they said about assuming.

• Haha 6
  • Thank You 9

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

This man was tracked by a location app he loaded himself. 

I thought you couldn't survive without a brain but you know what they said about assuming.

Gets better. Actually this clown was picked up cause the GPS jewelry he was wearing for his probation showed him at the Capitol. 

• Haha 18

Jenna Ryan has the right to remain silent but no one can make her use it:

She feels like storming the Capitol was a life and death necessity that she passionately but also an eww thing that she wouldn't do for more than two minutes.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

It's not just FedEx, I've read that the USPS has had to remove mail boxes temporarily in the DC area for security reasons. I don't remember them having to do that before any other inauguration, not even when Obama was sworn in both times.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

She feels like storming the Capitol was a life and death necessity that she passionately but also an eww thing that she wouldn't do for more than two minutes.

Don't put her on a skewer and skew her!

As ever, the scale in my head that tries to weigh the stupidity against the evil is tilting back and forth, back and forth. I think she comes out more on the stupid side.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

What I don't understand is the disconnect with these people.  They say they're willing to die for freedom but they don't want to be judged about it or put in jail for it?  I'd have more respect for them if they stood behind their words.  "Sure.  I was there.  I'm willing to be put in prison for my very strong beliefs."  Good, dude.  We can do that for you.  But, "Sure.  I was there.  But only for a few minutes and I was invited and it totally wasn't wrong"???  Nope.  They are about the most sorry-ass group of "patriots" that I've ever seen.  If they were alive during the American Revolution, they'd have totally sucked up to the British the first minute they were in danger.

"Give me freedom or give me death".... but just don't really give her death because, you guys, that would be so unfair and she has stuff to do, you know??

• Upvote 23
  • Haha 5

And she was asking Trump to pardon this misdemeanor... so if she's not even being charged for a felony is the punishment really  going to be that harsh for a well-off white lady with no previous criminal record? (I don't know if she has one or not). Give me freedom or give me death, but please please don't give me a $500 fine...

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

And she was asking Trump to pardon this misdemeanor... so if she's not even being charged for a felony is the punishment really  going to be that harsh for a well-off white lady with no previous criminal record? (I don't know if she has one or not). Give me freedom or give me death, but please please don't give me a $500 fine...

I certainly hope her use of the word misdemeanor was just due to idiocy or her trying to make it sound like no big deal, and that she is being charged with a more serious crime than that.

• I Agree 14

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

I certainly hope her use of the word misdemeanor was just due to idiocy or her trying to make it sound like no big deal, and that she is being charged with a more serious crime than that.

It sounds to me like they are charging everyone they can identify with something, and possibly adding more charges as the investigation unfolds.  

Has anyone shared this page yet? https://www.justice.gov/opa/investigations-regarding-violence-capitol

It's got a list of everyone they have arrested and what they are charged with. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 17

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

It sounds to me like they are charging everyone they can identify with something, and possibly adding more charges as the investigation unfolds.  

I have heard that as well - often they start with trespassing, since that is obvious, and go from there.

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

It's not just FedEx, I've read that the USPS has had to remove mail boxes temporarily in the DC area for security reasons. I don't remember them having to do that before any other inauguration, not even when Obama was sworn in both times.

Yeah I heard about the USPS too have to pull some of their boxes out.  I just don't remember them ever having to do this before.  Not for Shrub or for President Obama.

I fucking hate Trump for all the shit he's done, especially making it so that we cannot have an orderly transfer of power through his goddamn lying about the election and making it look like the US is some tinpot shithole that is hanging on to democracy by a badly frayed thread.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I'm not convinced that Biden's inauguration is going to be the end of the violence. Cheeto has radicalized a whole bunch of looney birds who have been quietly simmering since Obama became president (or before, YMMV). The only way it'll stop is if the proverbial book is thrown at these assholes. All active duty military should be court marshalled and sent for a nice sentence at Gitmo. All prior service types should be recalled to active duty, court marshalled and sent to Gitmo. Any other uniformed type who took part (cop, fireman, etc) should also be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I want these morons to find out right quick that doing stupid shit earns you stupid prizes...like felony convictions. It's not the voting thing, it's the can't own a gun thing. 

I'm glad as hell my father and my husband aren't here to see all this shit. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 8

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic