IGNORED

2020 Election Fallout 13: Sedition And Arrests

GreyhoundFan

Poor baby is finding out actions have consequences. 

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, a prominent Trump ally, says major retailers have dropped his products amid his continued spread of baseless voter fraud conspiracies and claims that the election was rigged against Trump, which have prompted backlash online and an “imminent” defamation lawsuit from Dominion Voting Systems.

Wayfair, Bed Bath & Beyond, Kohl’s and H-E-B have all dropped MyPillow products, Lindell toldthe Right Side Broadcasting Network's Brian Glenn Monday, confirming the news in a later interview with Fox 9.

"I just got off the phone with Bed Bath & Beyond... they're dropping MyPillow,” he said, adding that “Kohl's, all these different places" are dropping the products because “they’re scared.”

Lindell claimed the retailers are bowing to pressure from “leftist groups” on social media, where his continued support of election conspiracies has ignited calls for retailers to drop the brand.

Bed. Made. Lie. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

I remember when those on the right used to say that Republicans don’t protest or evoke violent acts because they are “too busy going to their paying jobs.” Did they all call in sick on 1/6? Are they all unemployed d/t Covid? Seems like they are just as violent as everyone else!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

Like “Why does Trump hold his rallies at night?  Because his supporters have jobs.”

• Upvote 8

This is less "news" and more personal in nature, but I've been going onto the FB's of some of the more extreme people I used to know, and they are publicly talking about wanting their states to "secede" and that they are disappointed in the new conservative Supreme Court to not overturn the election results and that it's "time to start ignoring them." This type of talk scares me! I keep hoping now that it'd closer to the election, things will calm down. I hope this isn't a popular sentiment. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

Yeah this was me four years ago today  and nearly every day since then too  

0BCD1AA3-A051-4402-A068-68A6408048FF.thumb.jpeg.2bb77ed7d0f47908e1df87a600b9c0a6.jpeg

• Upvote 8

Performative lawsuits are now a thing! 

"Now solo civil rights attorney" = I used to have an actual job, but was kicked to the curb after exhibiting extremely poor judgement; now taking on aspiring fascists for clients. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 16
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Poor baby is finding out actions have consequences. 

Bed. Made. Lie. 

With no pillow for you

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 2

Yeah but #MoscowMitch is still a mealy mouthed, spineless, arrogant, white supremacist jackass who'd shank his mother to fuck with someone's social security. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 21

I guess Mein Pillow Guy is finding out what happens when the free market decides not to carry his crappy product. As it is, I change the channel the moment one of those commercials come on, and it will be nice when only Faux Noise and other Reich wing "news" channels become the only place he can advertise.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

4 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Yeah but #MoscowMitch is still a mealy mouthed, spineless, arrogant, white supremacist jackass who'd shank his mother to fuck with someone's social security. 

I agree - but since he still has a government job and 23 hours from now Trump won't, I'll give him a single microscopic sliver of credit for coming out and saying the mob was provoked. Mostly since I think most republican politicians right now are looking back and forth between him and Trump like they're watching a tennis match, trying to decide which one is the least politically damaging for them to follow.

I hate to say it, but I hope they choose McConnell. The Republicans with functioning brains will most likely follow along in line, and the worst of the crazies can stick with whatever Trump and his goons come up with and become their own party. We'll still end up with horrible Republicans in office, but at least they'll hopefully have vague familiarity with the constitution and have some basic common sense. 

Republicans are going to do whatever they can to enrich the rich (including themselves) and keep themselves in power, but it'll be nice not to have to worry about whether they'll spill a Diet Coke on their phone while tweeting and instigate World War III in the middle of the night, and then blame Hilary Clinton for it when they wake up the next morning.

The evil you know, I guess...

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 9

Less than 23 hours to go and I feel both elated and just really anxious that something will happen, either before twelve noon (aka High Noon henceforth) or some time during the day.

I‘m a continent away so I’m not even fearing for my personal safety (for the moment at least; I’ve always been fearful about the larger repercussions of the orange one‘s actions) but I just really need the inauguration to happen successfully, plus of course I’m hoping no one will be hurt, unless it’s the orange one and his adult spawn because frankly, I have no fucks left to give. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh  Dang!  Mitch just threw down!

I have very little sympathy or appreciation for what he says. I just need him to actually vote in favour of conviction and take enough republican senators with him for it to happen.

Anyone else have "one day more" from Les Mis in their head?

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This is so sad:

I feel sorry for the person who has to check the rooms. Trumpers will be total assholes to them and refuse them entry. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

It's too late now, but I wish I'd started a thread on Christian Nationalism, evangelical racism, and so forth.  Chrissy Stroop has done an excellent job of exposing all of this. 

But back to My Bellow Mike Lindell, HEB is a huge grocery chain in Texas and them no longer carrying My Pillow products is a very big deal in my very red state.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 7

A lot of these people are out of jail and in possession of firearms in time for the inauguration.

• WTF 4
  • Thank You 4

6 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

She's never heard of waterproof mascara? She looks like Tammy Faye Bakker with the rivers of mascara.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

It’s an undercover Jill Rodrigues!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 24
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic