IGNORED

2020 Election Fallout 13: Sedition And Arrests

GreyhoundFan

28 minutes ago, Howl said:

It's too late now, but I wish I'd started a thread on Christian Nationalism, evangelical racism, and so forth.

Why would it be too late? It's not like these topics are going to disappear once Biden is president. I for one would be interested in it and I don't think I'm the only one here.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 16

In the same thread, new charges against Gabriel Garcia, Patrick Montgomery, Simone Gold, Michael Perna and  She Who May Have Stolen Pelosi's Laptop, Riley Williams.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Thank You 11

2 hours ago, Smee said:

I have very little sympathy or appreciation for what he says. I just need him to actually vote in favour of conviction and take enough republican senators with him for it to happen.

Anyone else have "one day more" from Les Mis in their head?

Both songs have been looping through my brain all day

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Smee said:

I have very little sympathy or appreciation for what he says. I just need him to actually vote in favour of conviction and take enough republican senators with him for it to happen.

I'm on the "FDT" by YG & Nipsey Hussle train myself!

I am incredibly anxious about tomorrow. Just want everything to go well and for the Orange Monster to be out of there!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

6 hours ago, clueliss said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh  Dang!  Mitch just threw down!

So go the next step Bitch and convict him! You have the power!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

Current Countdown check 16 hours 49 minutes.....

Please let it all go smoothly.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1351680884076916737?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

12 National Guard members have been relieved of duty at inauguration after vetting, federal officials say. Officials say some were relieved not because of extremist concerns, but based on background checks against criminal history database.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 11

Regarding the laptop, I’m surprised there wasn’t some kind of geo tracking on it

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I remember when those on the right used to say that Republicans don’t protest or evoke violent acts because they are “too busy going to their paying jobs.” Did they all call in sick on 1/6? Are they all unemployed d/t Covid? Seems like they are just as violent as everyone else!

Well given they were the people forming lynch mobs to murder and intimidate people for over a century now... I'd say they're lying about both the not protesting and the not evoking violent acts.

11 hours ago, smittykins said:

Like “Why does Trump hold his rallies at night?  Because his supporters have jobs.”

And here was me thinking he liked tiki torches.

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

So Jill Rodrigues is now second last in my "only if you were the last beautician on earth" list.   

(Also I have a mental image of the Louis Vuitton branding team having hysterics and screeching "OMG, SOMEONE GET IT OFF HER, NOW" which is making me giggle.)

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 16

Old Trump is thrown out, tomorrow,
Bet your bottom dollar that, tomorrow, there'll be hope!
I'm thinking about tomorrow,
Clear away that orange shit, 'cause Donald is a dope!

We were stuck with a guy
So dumb and evil,
It was really a sin, but grin, 'cause hey!

Joe Biden is in, tomorrow,
Kamala, too! Hang on 'til tomorrow, come what may!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow,
You're only a day away!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Love 13

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

LOL.  If I had put that in a paper in law school I would have gotten roasted by the professor. 

And here's another cannon of douche from Iowa who was in DC on the 6th.

A man who was arrested in connection to the deadly riots at the U.S. Capitol on January 6 made his first appearance in federal court on Tuesday.

Leo Christopher Kelly, of Cedar Rapids, appeared with lawyer Al Willett. He waived his right to a preliminary hearing, though federal prosecutors have yet to decide whether to ask for that hearing.

A preliminary hearing would be to determine if there’s probable cause that Kelly committed the offenses he is charged with, which include Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds without Lawful Authority and Violent Entry with Intent to Disrupt the Orderly Conduct of Official Business and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds.

Magistrate Judge Mark Roberts granted Kelly a conditional pretrial release from custody, citing an “extremely limited criminal history.” As part of the judge’s terms, Kelly cannot leave the jurisdiction of the Northern District of Iowa, or Washington, D.C., with permission for court proceedings or other related activities. He must also surrender his passport, be subject to GPS monitoring, maintain full-time work, and cannot possess firearms, ammunition, or controlled substances.

I hope more charges are coming and that he's going to be going away for a while.  If I was the judge I would have added a hell of a lot more conditions for release and not given a flying fuck about his "extremely limited criminal history."  One of those conditions would be not to associate with other reich wing extremists in person or virtually and to report any attempts by extremists to reach out to him to the court.   

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

11 1/2 hours to go. I'm going to be glued to the TV all morning. I am not feeling terribly good about the prospect of no violence tomorrow. I hope I am wrong. 

• I Agree 10

5 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Regarding the laptop, I’m surprised there wasn’t some kind of geo tracking on it

So IIRC, every Congress person has their own office, their own office staff, and that extends to IT. Some people share IT firms, but it's mostly a giant mess. I suspect, but am not sure, that confidential/high level security stuff isn't available on a general staff persons traveling laptop. I heard the new director of homeland security talking about how he's making cybersecurity a priority. Probably about time. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 8

2 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Old Trump is thrown out, tomorrow,
Bet your bottom dollar that, tomorrow, there'll be hope!
I'm thinking about tomorrow,
Clear away that orange shit, 'cause Donald is a dope!

We were stuck with a guy
So dumb and evil,
It was really a sin, but grin, 'cause hey!

Joe Biden is in, tomorrow,
Kamala, too! Hang on 'til tomorrow, come what may!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow,
You're only a day away!

Whereas I am now singing "The Final Countdown"... nah nah nah nah... nah nah nah nah nah!"

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Whereas I am now singing "The Final Countdown"... nah nah nah nah... nah nah nah nah nah!"

I'm going with "One Day More" from Les Mis 

• Upvote 2

This is the same lawsuit I already posted about earlier but the madness is worth another thread:  

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

18 minutes ago, Natalie22 said:

I'm going with "One Day More" from Les Mis 

I was, but now that it’s less than 1 day, I’ve switched to an Australian classic, “Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again”, complete with the audience response to the title line (“no way, get fucked, fuck off”).

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, Smee said:

Did you see this? 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

It's fascinating how many heads AOC lives rent free in. She's just an ordinary Rep and always gets a honorable mention alongside the leadership.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic