IGNORED

Botkin 2: Geoff Tried to Advise Trump

Coconut Flan

42 minutes ago, Howl said:

Who follows him and reads this crap?

I wonder that so much. It’s not like Vision Forum had that much reach in its hayday, and “Western Conservatory” hasn’t been active in years. Christ the King is a tiny church. And Geoff doesn’t really churn out content on a regular basis; he usually goes several weeks between videos. How are people finding these videos among the cesspool of similar (and worse) drivel on YouTube?

• Upvote 6

I just had another thought. The Botkins and the Sprouls are friends, or at least acquaintances. The Botkinettes referenced him in several talks and books and RC wrote a review blurb for “It’s Not That Complicated.” They have to know that he’s pretty sick. If he were to die from COVID, would Geoff even acknowledge it?or would they have some imaginary diagnosis they could use to dismiss it? Would it be RC’s fault for not trying enough magical cures?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Howl said:

He's an important thought leader and head of the Western Conservancy, you know. 

And never forget that he's a former duck biologist! 🦆🦆🦆🦆

• Haha 8

It is discrimination against you if other people do not have to wear a mask or get tested but you do.

Yeah right, Geoff. These other people did their collective duty and got vaccinated, and you, who chose not to do your part, are now ranting because your actions have consequences. Grow up.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

And never forget that he's a former duck biologist! 🦆🦆🦆🦆

Quack! 

7. Your religious exemption can ALSO apply to wearing masks and getting tested.

or...follow these easy steps to getting fired! 

SRSLY, f**k this guy, who has never had an actual J.O.B. in his life, giving advice on how to be a vaccine resister and putting one's livelihood AND health at risk. 

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Yeah right, Geoff. These other people did their collective duty and got vaccinated, and you, who chose not to do your part, are now ranting because your actions have consequences. Grow up.

I wonder if it would be discrimination against him if he wound up on a ventilator in the ICU, while a hospitalized vaccinated COVID case didn’t. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1

22 hours ago, Columbia said:

I just had another thought. The Botkins and the Sprouls are friends, or at least acquaintances. The Botkinettes referenced him in several talks and books and RC wrote a review blurb for “It’s Not That Complicated.” They have to know that he’s pretty sick. If he were to die from COVID, would Geoff even acknowledge it?or would they have some imaginary diagnosis they could use to dismiss it? Would it be RC’s fault for not trying enough magical cures?

Oh , they'd put forth the allegation that he was deliberately infected by some enemy bioterrorist , I shouldn't wonder . It would seem that deluded fundies are quick to blame anyone but themselves . 

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

On 6/1/2021 at 10:44 AM, Columbia said:

The Botkinettes’ talk from NCFIC’s conference has been posted. It seems to be a discussion of places where they think So Much More was weak, or where they’ve rethought topics. I’m very curious if they would ever write a fifteen years later version of So Much More. 

48:08ish...OMG....she's talking about realizing how you can bring both parts of domesticity/godliness and career womanness together and it doesn't have to be one or the other, like she just made some amazing discovery.  😂. No shit, Elizabeth. You mean, like, the working mom who goes to church with her family on the weekend and says grace at dinner?   I can't believe that no ones thought of that before. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, The Mother Dust said:

48:08ish...OMG....she's talking about realizing how you can bring both parts of domesticity/godliness and career womanness together and it doesn't have to be one or the other, like she just made some amazing discovery.  😂. No shit, Elizabeth. You mean, like, the working mom who goes to church with her family on the weekend and says grace at dinner?   I can't believe that no ones thought of that before. 

They’ve never had any real knowledge of what it looks like to be a working woman; I don’t think they’ve ever actually known one. In their books and talks they always contrasted the SAHD lifestyle with “the hard boiled career woman” or the woman in a “power suit” and they used those phrases so much. None of their examples were ever stocking shelves at the grocery store. There’s so much that could be said about class and the Botkinettes’ perceptions of class just based on how little they know about actual working women. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

56 minutes ago, Columbia said:

They’ve never had any real knowledge of what it looks like to be a working woman; I don’t think they’ve ever actually known one.

That's about to change.  Their sister-in-law to be (the wedding is coming up in a few weeks, isn't it?) is a college graduate and a successful engineer.  With a seriously professional J.O.B. 

These grown ass women struggling to remain relevant with tips...it reminds me of that time Erika Shupe let the cat out of the bag that her kids were in PUBLIC SCHOOL when she posted the handy tip that you can bring something to read while waiting for the kids to get out of school, like not one of literally millions of moms hadn't discovered this 30 years ago. 

My goodness, the Botkinetti are depressing on so many levels.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

On 10/23/2021 at 6:39 PM, Howl said:

That's about to change.  Their sister-in-law to be (the wedding is coming up in a few weeks, isn't it?)

According to their registry, it was originally supposed to be November 21st, but it looks like it already happened.

1842358828_Screenshot2021-10-30at19-37-58LucasBotkinonInstagramKaraandIgotmarriedWhileKaraandIwerehopingtohavea....thumb.png.64096391ef68536d021812e019ed8c41.png

• Thank You 10

6 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

According to their registry, it was originally supposed to be November 21st, but it looks like it already happened.

Good for them, especially her. Do you think they escaped the Geoff Botkin Death Speech given at previous family weddings?

Judging from that IG account, she's quite the entrepreneur and focuses on real estate. Is she still in working in chemical engineering? 

In any case, she's not noticeably submissive to her new headship. I wonder how that goes over with the So Much More gals. 

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Good for them, especially her. Do you think they escaped the Geoff Botkin Death Speech given at previous family weddings?

I certainly hope so.  No one should experience Bothovah's Blighted Bloviation on their wedding day.  

It sounds like they took note of the fact that the entire country is engulfed in plague and decided to do something small and impromptu.  It could also be that the process of wedding planning was so fraught that they decided to just **** it and tied the knot.  

I like the emo garage band vibe in the IG photo.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7

Wow, they're already hitched! Yeah that's a great excuse for having a small wedding.

More pics of them together on Kara's instagram.

• Upvote 3

It’s so much easier to go against your dad’s wishes when a sibling already has. I hope to see more Botkins do their own thing in the future. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s so much easier to go against your dad’s wishes when a sibling already has. I hope to see more Botkins do their own thing in the future. 

And when you hold the family’s purse strings. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They are MAGA Trumper, hard-core Christian LGBT-hating gun nuts, but will probably use birth control and not focus on having a bazillion kids.  I don't see them becoming "woke" like Ben and Audri.  They may make a ton of money investing in rental units (apartments?) if the real estate bubble doesn't burst.  Kera is smart, smart, smart and will probably be working with and improving of T Rex Arms and running the real estate investment end of things and (who knows) keeping her current job.   Maybe she also has money from her family. 

In the meantime, the Botkinetti will wither away supporting their brothers' dreams and activities and fluffing Geoffhovah's every pretentious faux intellectual rant. 

I don't see Geoff ever setting the chickens free, a la Maxhell.  He seems to be getting more entrenched in the Christofascist crazy. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Reading Kara's insta posts about real estate, it's interesting that she said she sold Lucas on the plan of investing in rentals, and credits her mother with getting her started on her first house.  That's not a very Botkin way of doing things :P Also she said she wants to diversify into chicken coops but Lucas hasn't come around on that yet.

• I Agree 4

37 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

Also she said she wants to diversify into chicken coops but Lucas hasn't come around on that yet.

Backyard chickens are a thing in my city and some of the people that want a coop for their chickens  would be willing to pay the bucks.  There is even an annual tour of chicken coop set ups. 

Nashville is big enough that this could be a thing. 

Also -- catios (google "images for catios) could be a side business if they are into cats.  Catios (cat + patio) are built onto a house so kitty has a way to be outside but safe.  It's usually some kind of sheltered wire enclosure with enrichment activities within. 

Edit to earlier sentence: 

3 hours ago, Howl said:

I don't see Geoff ever setting the chickens chickenetti free, a la Maxhell.

One more ETA:  From Kara's Instagram yesterday, this woman is a hard-core distance runner!

kara.botkin   Pit stop at mile 12 of 22. Refueling on a long run is awful. Taking suggestions. Someone said running on *just* caffeine isn’t healthy. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6

Re catios: A friend with several cats has a sunroom where several small cat-hammocks are set up so the cars can look out the windows.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, Howl said:

On a light Botkin note, Katie Botkin has superpowers! 

Katie Botkin is the bomb. End of story.

• I Agree 7

7 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Katie Botkin is the bomb. End of story.

Yes, she is! I had assumed that her parents were more enlightened weren't Christ Church members (she doesn't publicly discuss them).  Her spoon story made me realize that she likely didn't escape the usual fundy disciplinary savagery towards children. 

• I Agree 4

So please help me with all the Botkins and their spouses. Of course I know Ben and Audri. And the 2 unmarried sisters. But I get the other boys mixed up in age and who they are married to. 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic