IGNORED

Botkin 2: Geoff Tried to Advise Trump

Coconut Flan

On 9/7/2021 at 1:00 PM, Howl said:

more like a guppy flopping around in a puddle

Oh, that's a good, good visual.  Thank you for that.  I am imagining Geoff like one of the fish in Monty Python's The Meaning of Life...a bright orange fish with his bald head and beard on it.

On 9/7/2021 at 1:00 PM, Howl said:

Scottie Brown is where he always was, blogging and promoting the same old same old  

And still way back in the far corner of the closet (IMO), behind the broken umbrella and the old Christmas decorations.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, starfish said:

Auburn is a private party school for the privileged. =

If you are referring to Auburn U, the big football school in Auburn, AL, it's a public college.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, loveisadream said:

If you are referring to Auburn U, the big football school in Auburn, AL, it's a public college.

You are correct loveisadream and I was wrong. Auburn is a public school, one of the "land grant" colleges. For some reason, I was thinking it was like Alabama's answer to SMU. I don't know why but I stand corrected! 

• Upvote 2

Is "university bandana for our dog" a typical wedding gift to request on a registry?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/8/2021 at 8:56 PM, MamaJunebug said:

Ugh & double ugh. I’m officially over any hope that Lukas (right?) is salvageable. 

I dunno, Kara's Linkedin is decidedly non-Botkinesque.

1640296787_Screenshot2021-09-10at06-07-21Kathryn(Kara)Dabbs-ProcessEngineer-HexcelCorporationLinkedIn.png.f5db4c4c751144bf8a6c20f42ff83e95.png109944496_Screenshot2021-09-10at06-06-31Kathryn(Kara)Dabbs-ProcessEngineer-HexcelCorporationLinkedIn.thumb.png.d6c617f606e1f3e80ff16a1f5b513a91.png

I really can't fathom her fitting in amongst the Botkin daughters and daughters-in-law (even the more rebellious sort, like Audri).

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 5

Also note that chemical engineering is an incredibly demanding degree.  I think I speculated earlier, but I'm incredibly interested in what she does post marriage. Keep working with a big commute, keep working and they get a house half way between T Rex Arms and her current job, she ditches work and prepares for relentless pregnancies?  Gets pregnant AND KEEPS WORKING?  Also, (brain lapse) most likely,  she may already be working remote during the pandemic and will have the option to keep doing that in the future. Not out of the real of possibility, she'll work at T Rex arms introducing incredibly innovative things that make them a ton of money. 

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I dunno, Kara's Linkedin is decidedly non-Botkinesque.

1640296787_Screenshot2021-09-10at06-07-21Kathryn(Kara)Dabbs-ProcessEngineer-HexcelCorporationLinkedIn.png.f5db4c4c751144bf8a6c20f42ff83e95.png109944496_Screenshot2021-09-10at06-06-31Kathryn(Kara)Dabbs-ProcessEngineer-HexcelCorporationLinkedIn.thumb.png.d6c617f606e1f3e80ff16a1f5b513a91.png

I really can't fathom her fitting in amongst the Botkin daughters and daughters-in-law (even the more rebellious sort, like Audri).

I take back my ugh!!! Thank you!  Also good to know Auburn is public. 

• Upvote 2

All of the Maxwell girls are out of the house, the Mallys got married within the last few years, so that leaves the Borkin girls at home. I wonder how they're doing.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I wonder how they're doing.

Whatever they're doing, it hasn't included writing a welcome post to their sister-in-law-to-be:

1648524668_BotkinettesWelcomingaNewSister.thumb.jpg.3cf26ddf8e0d094f54c615d85f7cfc06.jpg

• Thank You 5

On 9/10/2021 at 5:46 PM, hoipolloi said:

Whatever they're doing, it hasn't included writing a welcome post to their sister-in-law-to-be:

1648524668_BotkinettesWelcomingaNewSister.thumb.jpg.3cf26ddf8e0d094f54c615d85f7cfc06.jpg

I wonder what the sisters in law think of the Botkinetti. Not much, I would guess. 

• I Agree 3

1 hour ago, starfish said:

I wonder what the sisters in law think of the Botkinetti. Not much, I would guess. 

Maybe they know no one cares what they think!

• Upvote 1

The Spinsters Botkinetti are about to acquire a professionally accomplished SiL with a college degree,  a J. O. B. where M.E.N work,  a non SAHD who does not cater to her father's every whim.  God only knows what kind of wedding she has planned -- shocking to contemplate but  Geoff bloviating might not be the most important part of the ceremony!  

Geoff is totally off the rails but a legend in his own mind -- handing him a microphone at any point during the rehearsal dinner or ceremony would be a terrible mistake and when I say terrible mistake, I mean an unforgettable  disaster of epic proportions. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

20 hours ago, Howl said:

The Spinsters Botkinetti are about to acquire a professionally accomplished SiL with a college degree,  a J. O. B. where M.E.N work,  a non SAHD who does not cater to her father's every whim.  God only knows what kind of wedding she has planned -- shocking to contemplate but  Geoff bloviating might not be the most important part of the ceremony!  

Geoff is totally off the rails but a legend in his own mind -- handing him a microphone at any point during the rehearsal dinner or ceremony would be a terrible mistake and when I say terrible mistake, I mean an unforgettable  disaster of epic proportions. 

That's why we need MamaJuneBug there to capture every single precious detail ! Plus our discussion of crashing the wedding has probably got them all hot and bothered 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I don't if we already knew this, but it was news to me.

Both Anna Sofia and Elizabeth Botkin have Facebooks. According to Anna Sofia's facebook profile (public), she works at her local Chamber of Commerce and has been working there for over two years. That doesn't mean she's left the compound, but it could mean something.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

They’ve really changed their tune about working, and they discussed it a little in their talk at NCFIC’s conference back in May. They said when they wrote their book that they didn’t quite realize that you need money to live (which sounds like a great reason not to platform a pair of teenagers who have figured it all out.) Somehow I don’t think they’d be comfortable with a SAHD going to medical school, but they seem to have come to the realization that it’s hard to make a living with an MLM, or selling handcrafts on Etsy, and that not everybody has the knowledge, resources, or capability to start a small business. 

However, part of me wonders if a Botkin on the Chamber of Commerce is a Doug Wilson-esque step towards trying to take over the town. No doubt they know who he is and admire his ways. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 6

Hang on, this woman has a degree in chemical engineering, specializing in quality assessments and modeling and has presented at Harvard and the highest praise they can muster is that she cooks and could deliver babies in the middle of the night if the need arose? They can't let people think she doesn't fit in their stupid little gender roles box,  can they? How long will she be able to stand Geoff? Even if she has domestic and maternal fantasies, he's pretty crazy. I'd be moving 3000 miles away and keeping my own name.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Columbia said:

You’re looking at two different people. The chemical engineer is Lucas’ fiancée. Heidi married Isaac, and was a good SAHD

Ah, ok. I've never tried to keep all their boys straight.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

How stupid do you have to be to not know you need money to live? Even for teenagers. 

Daddy pays for everything. And why would you want your daughters thinking about money anyways? That sounds awfully independent. 

Even Jasmine Baucham has said that she had no real knowledge of how to manage money when she first got married. Whether intentionally, or by happy accident, the SAHD paradigm is designed to keep girls completely dependent on their “headship.” A girl with money can leave her unsafe father/husband. The Botkinettes would never admit to that part, at least not out loud. 

• Upvote 15

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

How stupid do you have to be to not know you need money to live? Even for teenagers. 

I agree, but when your dad is a bloviating egomaniac and master grifter, it's apparently possible.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Columbia said:

However, part of me wonders if a Botkin on the Chamber of Commerce is a Doug Wilson-esque step towards trying to take over the town. No doubt they know who he is and admire his ways. 

Iʻd wondered if the CoC work was a way to boost tRex Arms in addition to earning a living. 

Re: Wilson. Seems like theyʻd have a lot in common although I donʻt recall offhand if thereʻs been any contact or cooperation between them. 

Edited by hoipolloi
Clarity
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Re: Wilson. Seems like theyʻd have a lot in common although I donʻt recall offhand if thereʻs been any contact or cooperation between them.

I’ve always wondered about that, too. DPIAT was a big fan, and even invited a Kirk elder to speak at one of his conferences. When DPIAT’s sins found him out (how he used to love that verse!) Wilson took his Beall’s side, and accused Lourdes of liking the attention because she didn’t go running for help the first time Doug molested her. As he is wont to do with assault victims. 

Back when Western Conservatory was a thing they published and sold a book about “The War Between The States” that had essays by Doug “the slaves were happy!!1!” Wilson. I don’t know enough about the Botkins’ theology versus Wilson’s to know if they’d get hung up on some very small detail that would keep them from joining camps. But I’m sure that wouldn’t prevent Geoff from promoting Wilson’s books or materials, and I’ve been a little surprised that Geoff hasn’t mentioned the big conference with Wilson and Voddie Baucham.  I’ve always thought that if any of the Botkin kids wanted to go to college and still maintain a respectable appearance, New St. Andrew’s would be at the top of the list.  

https://westernconservatory.com/articles/acclaimed-history-text-back-print

https://www.amazon.com/War-Between-States-Americas-Uncivil/dp/193587716X

• Upvote 6

• 5 weeks later...

Poor Geoff continues to fall off the rails (though he has stopped taking about the possibility of microchips in the vaccines. Now they’re just gene altering.) I have no idea how one can make a religious case against getting tested for COVID. Jesus doesn’t want you sticking swabs up your nose?

I’m very curious what he’s going to do if nothing happens: no civil war, no people getting hauled off to jail because of vaccines, no concentration camps. When he wrote his book about Y2K he never used the conditional. The computers were going to crash, the world was going to end, and there was no question about it. Clearly he didn’t learn anything from that lesson 20 years ago.

AE58BC05-6B1A-4D9E-992B-7180B6B19AE0.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Thank You 2

17 minutes ago, Columbia said:

Poor Geoff continues to fall off the rails

Emperor Geoff, who has no clothes, is holed up in his own little kingdom there in Dead End, Tennessee, living off his son's business.   Who follows him and reads this crap? I'm surprised he hasn't set up a studio for a talk radio show to broadcast this crap.  He's an important thought leader and head of the Western Conservancy, you know. 

As a conspiracy theorist, he'll never run out of catastrophes and general whack-a-do to be certain about. 

When is the wedding coming up?  Is it November?  

• Upvote 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic