IGNORED

Dillards 88: 'Cause We're Living in a World of Fools

samurai_sarah

COVID and travel costs probably factored into the Dillards’ decision to travel without the kids. I’ll bet Jill and Derick flew too, as Derick has school also.

• Upvote 4

I think it’s also possible Jill doesn’t want her children around certain people in her family. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

COVID and travel costs probably factored into the Dillards’ decision to travel without the kids. I’ll bet Jill and Derick flew too, as Derick has school also.

Jed and Katey married locally. I think Israel’s school protocols was the issue. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

wasn't the Jedding in Arkansas? They live not too far away from the family, i thought, so travel costs probably are not the issue.. I suppose they didn't want to take the kids to something chaotic.. If it were just due to covid, I don't think it would count if just Israel didn't go. Surely he is in close contact with his parents (i hope) and therefor they could infect him. I doubt they wear masks all the time at home?

• Upvote 2

My babies were 9lb3.5 and 10lb4oz. Had them both at home (in the UK, where this is encouraged, and supervised by fully trained midwives, so don't flagellate me). No GD, although due to the size of my ten pounder they did offer that he could come into the hospital to have his blood sugar monitored. They didn't push it much though and didn't seem bothered that I declined. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Wait...are the photos from Jed’s wedding? I just saw Hannie’s green dress and thought we were talking about Justin’s wedding.  I know the Duggars often wear the same clothing to multiple weddings. 2 weddings so close together that I can’t keep up!

LGA babies resulting from GD are often notoriously poor feeders, so that makes the risk for hypoglycemia even greater.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Wait...are the photos from Jed’s wedding?

There are photos from Jed's wedding. quite grainy, i can't really recognise anyone there.. and I've also seen new pics that must be from Justins wedding (the shots with all the guys, all the girls, all the siblings in order etc.. which are nice, although I have an issue with posing on the all siblings in order one, but that might just be me. The photo itself is sweet, I guess)

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Wait...are the photos from Jed’s wedding? I just saw Hannie’s green dress and thought we were talking about Justin’s wedding.  I know the Duggars often wear the same clothing to multiple weddings. 2 weddings so close together that I can’t keep 

This is the pic from Jed’s wedding we were referring to. It’s from a story on the photographer’s Instagram page.

B58631FD-5967-49D4-8A57-99D23E5BF4EC.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

42 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

This is the pic from Jed’s wedding we were referring to. It’s from a story on the photographer’s Instagram page.

B58631FD-5967-49D4-8A57-99D23E5BF4EC.png

I don’t see Ben & Jessa and family anywhere either, unless there are more people hidden down at the far left. No Joy and Austin kids either. Maybe this one was taken as they were gathering / dispersing? 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 2

I know it’s not a great quality photo but Michelle is looking very odd- I thought she did on the stills from the latest CO special- she’s lost a lot of weight and really overdoing it on the bronzer.

• Upvote 4

I think Jill is taking Covid more seriously then tthe rest of the duggars so perhaps thats why she didnt take kids. In her story yesterday she showed herself shopping and Jill and kids were wearing masks but Jessa, Spurgeon and all were not ...

• Upvote 10

Who is the person in the frame on the left? She reminds me of Priscilla Waller.

image.png.02c09ca600e10308fb767ee6d5e74a29.png

Edited by Pleiades_06
  • Upvote 2

@Fundielandobserver I noticed that too. It seems to be a Duggar thing- none of the ones at Magnolia were wearing them in the shops although other people clearly were. When Michelle visited Jinger after she had the baby I got the impression her ‘scarf mask’ was a last resort. Most normal people visiting a hospital with a newborn would have a proper mask to wear.

• Upvote 13

13 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Who is the person in the frame on the left? She reminds me of Priscilla Waller.

image.png.02c09ca600e10308fb767ee6d5e74a29.png

That’s the photographer 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Who is the man behind JD with the kid on his shoulders? Where are Joys kids?

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think the little boy on the shoulders is Garrett. Maybe it’s Jason or James he is sitting on. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

I zoomed in pretty well and it looks like Tyler. The back row are on risers.
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Kaylo said:

I zoomed in pretty well and it looks like Tyler. The back row are on risers.

I'm pretty sure Tyler is in the back row on the far right side. Its definitely Garrett on one of the younger Duggar boys shoulder. Maybe Jason or James. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

I'm pretty sure Tyler is in the back row on the far right side. Its definitely Garrett on one of the younger Duggar boys shoulder. Maybe Jason or James. 

Looks like James. Jason is behind Justin and Jenny. Don’t see Jana.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Looks like James. Jason is behind Justin and Jenny. Don’t see Jana.

Just with the posing, it looks like there’s 3 adults and 5 to 7 babies and small children missing. Probably in the formal portraits they’ll be spaced in front of / next to Josiah and Joy. Man, I’m spending WAY too much time procrastinating on this site today! 

• Upvote 5

I'm still wondering how they managed to separate Michelle and Jim Bob! How is she able to stand alone without him hanging on to her? 

Edited by Not that josh's mom
can't spell!
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 8

10 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I don’t see Ben & Jessa and family anywhere either, unless there are more people hidden down at the far left. No Joy and Austin kids either. Maybe this one was taken as they were gathering / dispersing? 

I see Joy and Austin, but not their kids.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, bal maiden said:

My babies were 9lb3.5 and 10lb4oz. Had them both at home (in the UK, where this is encouraged, and supervised by fully trained midwives, so don't flagellate me). No GD, although due to the size of my ten pounder they did offer that he could come into the hospital to have his blood sugar monitored. They didn't push it much though and didn't seem bothered that I declined. 

I'm planning to have a homebirth as well. Love reading about non-fundie persons having their kids at home!

Disclaimer: just like in the UK here in Germany you can only have homebirths when you have healthy pregnancy without any complications. Breech babies, twins and other factors are taken serious and midwives are not allowed to support you in your homebirth. And of course we chose a fully trained midwife with 30 years experience. She will be supported by another midwife that is also incredibly experienced.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

I'm planning to have a homebirth as well. Love reading about non-fundie persons having their kids at home!

Disclaimer: just like in the UK here in Germany you can only have homebirths when you have healthy pregnancy without any complications. Breech babies, twins and other factors are taken serious and midwives are not allowed to support you in your homebirth. And of course we chose a fully trained midwife with 30 years experience. She will be supported by another midwife that is also incredibly experienced.

yes, I'm so grateful that here in Europe/UK (hope I don't need to separate these two out now??? The UK will ALWAYS be European!) things like home birth and midwifery are well supported and can absolutely be part of a pregnancy fully engaging with healthcare services. I'd have loved to have the option to labour at home, but my baby's stubborn breech presentation precluded that! Now I've had a C-section it's unlikely I'd be able to labour on a midwife-led unit which would definitely be my ideal, but I'm hoping that if I present otherwise healthy and textbook I may be able to argue my case. Not that I want to play roulette with anyone's safety, but if it turned out that I needed little enough monitoring to deliver on a midwife-led unit, ours is inside a hospital and directly below the ward where my daughter was delivered, so I'd be in a very safe place.

I understand that home birthing in the US has quite different connotations though. I know somebody here who had a 'freebirth' (ie had been explicitly discouraged from labouring at home so the choice to do without was the choice to disengage from any medical support during the birth. I think the hospital doing her prenatal care even refused to continue, knowing her plans, so she went without a lot of scans and checkups), and that is probably a bit closer to the US situation. My fundie SIL's home birth in the US ended very tragically. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

I'd like to add that the midwife we chose has also contracts (and insurance!!) with a local hospital and a birthing center. The birthing center is in the same building as the hospital, so if I realize that I'm not comfortable with staying at home we have other safe options. I feel incredible blessed and privileged that I have so many choices and I know that a lot of women aren't in the same position.

• Upvote 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic