IGNORED

Dillards 88: 'Cause We're Living in a World of Fools

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

His ‘man bun hair’ is still there ?. She cut it so it was short on sides but long on top.  This is so he could rock the man bun but also style it to look more professional.

So it's a party in the back but business in front. There's a name for that.?

• Haha 22
  • Love 1

It’s really not a big deal. In California, it’s called being a certified law clerk. You can extern at the DA’s office and do arraignments or question witnesses in a preliminary hearing. You help the attorneys prep cases and, if you are lucky, get a good writing sample by writing a motion. I don’t even remember what I had to do to get certified but I am pretty sure it was just fill out a form and have it approved. You aren’t doing anything really difficult. They won’t let you ask questions in a murder case or anything that serious. It’s very fun and it does help build confidence but the DA will be there to take over if necessary. Most people do it because you get credit for it. Here, it only applied to places like the DA’s office or City Attorney’s office. It doesn’t apply to the working at a regular private law firm. 

Edited by socalrules
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 12

I feel like I have a certain level of affection for Derek in that I really kind of love his trolling and pot stirring but also I think he would be an absolute knob to be around for real and I'd want to slap him silly if I had to socialize with him.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 9

14 hours ago, socalrules said:

It’s really not a big deal. In California, it’s called being a certified law clerk. You can extern at the DA’s office and do arraignments or question witnesses in a preliminary hearing. You help the attorneys prep cases and, if you are lucky, get a good writing sample by writing a motion. I don’t even remember what I had to do to get certified but I am pretty sure it was just fill out a form and have it approved. You aren’t doing anything really difficult. They won’t let you ask questions in a murder case or anything that serious. It’s very fun and it does help build confidence but the DA will be there to take over if necessary. Most people do it because you get credit for it. Here, it only applied to places like the DA’s office or City Attorney’s office. It doesn’t apply to the working at a regular private law firm. 

This may be true in the world of Law but think about it, Derrick could be the most educated person along with Jeremy in the whole family. The funny thing is neither are by birth Duggars, they are “married in “ people so the Duggars still perpetuate the no education is good education as far as they are concerned . I am glad Derrick is drudging on, he may still get a shot at sueing his father in law.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

15 minutes ago, sansan said:

This may be true in the world of Law but think about it, Derrick could be the most educated person along with Jeremy in the whole family. The funny thing is neither are by birth Duggars, they are “married in “ people so the Duggars still perpetuate the no education is good education as far as they are concerned . I am glad Derrick is drudging on, he may still get a shot at sueing his father in law.

Maybe he’ll work to legislate protections for minors working in reality TV. He’s seen first hand the abuse involved with such.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Maybe he’ll work to legislate protections for minors working in reality TV. He’s seen first hand the abuse involved with such.

That would be great, but I see him more as dreaming about the guy who takes a case like Holly Lobby to the Supreme Court. Do agree he probably also looks forward to suing the hell out of JB.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, patsymae said:

That would be great, but I see him more as dreaming about the guy who takes a case like Holly Lobby to the Supreme Court. Do agree he probably also looks forward to suing the hell out of JB.

And maybe it would be enough for DD to have that power over JB; to have JB always having to think that DD might reveal all the dirt, at any given time.

• Upvote 3

I just watched their latest video and Jill revealed she has not been to the big house in years. Has she ever said it was this long before or was it just suspected?

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 9

She also made sure to highlight that although there are “restrictions” on them coming over, and that they are invited over for some events, it’s been their choice to stay away this long. It seems like at this point, most of the contact is on their terms.

I also liked that she and Derick seem comfortable disagreeing with each other and realize it’s not a huge relationship deal-breaker.

Edited by DalmatianCat
  • Upvote 31
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

She also made sure to highlight that although there are “restrictions” on them coming over, and that they are invited over for some events, it’s been their choice to stay away this long. It seems like at this point, most of the contact is on their terms.

I also liked that she and Derick seem comfortable disagreeing with each other and realize it’s not a huge relationship deal-breaker.

Note that they said something along the lines of them not going was the best for their mental health.

• Upvote 27
  • Thank You 3

didn’t she go to the big house to help Jessa with Ivys labor? 
that was 2 years ago though so I wonder if that was the last time she was there.

i wonder if they choose not to attend because things could be awkward for them there 

• Upvote 12

Good for the Dillards for putting in guidelines/restrictions / protections in place for their family. JB has needed someone to put him in his place, and to outline exactly how his parenting and decision making actually hurt and limited his children/young adults and now FULL adults and their families. 
JB needs to be JB’d.

• Upvote 15

It's none of our business but I really wonder what all went down around Sam's birth/the TLC spilt. Were they already done at that point and that's why Derek lashed out at an innocent child on twitter - they were already fired?  Did they get blame placed on them for not trusting God with something with the birth and peaced out? So many questions.

I also like that Jill is still Jill. Saw a little bit of the bossy big sister when he was like 'i have no real opinion on the old earth/young earth debate' which to me is healthy. She's still the same person - just a somewhat healthier world view. 

Edited by lexiloumarie
  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 5

38 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

I just watched their latest video and Jill revealed she has not been to the big house in years. Has she ever said it was this long before or was it just suspected?

Thank you for doing that cuz I did not want to watch that. Can I ask what they said about science?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

It's none of our business but I really wonder what all went down around Sam's birth/the TLC spilt. Were they already done at that point and that's why Derek lashed out at an innocent child on twitter - they were already fired?  Did they get blame placed on them for not trusting God with something with the birth and peaced out? So many questions.

I also like that Jill is still Jill. Saw a little bit of the bossy big sister when he was like 'i have no real opinion on the old earth/young earth debate' which to me is healthy. She's still the same person - just a somewhat healthier world view. 

The more I see and listen to Jill, the more I like and cheer her on. She also has a bit of a sense of humor and does not present as entitled. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Thank you for doing that cuz I did not want to watch that. Can I ask what they said about science?

They support science as whole, don't believe in "traditional evolution" because they believe in God the creator took 6 days to make the Earth. It sounds like Derek leads old Earth and Jill is Young earth. I need to look these up because I don't know enough about the theology. They mentioned the kids being engineers some day and Derek was sarcastic like "well we know gravity exists". Nothing crazy. 

Edited by lexiloumarie
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

A daughter could be a SAHM and that’s great, or a working mom or working wife with no kids.

Well holy Hannah someone has moved the needle.

• Upvote 21
  • Love 2

There was a crack in that from Derrick about if a daughter wanted to be an engineer she should go to college and do it and not live at home until she’s 30.  During the if you had a daughter answer.  Along with emphasis about raising thei kids to be independent.  

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Note that they said something along the lines of them not going was the best for their mental health.

I wonder if the main reason is that Josh lives on their property and is likely at the house all the time. Being able to see your family without them accommodating your abuser and STILL prioritizing him over protecting you would be a dealbreaker for me. That seems like a pretty obvious and clear cut boundary to set, and JB and Michelle are refusing to honor it, so, yeah, then I’m not coming to your house seems like the appropriate response. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 21
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

There was a crack in that from Derrick about if a daughter wanted to be an engineer she should go to college and do it and not live at home until she’s 30.  During the if you had a daughter answer.  Along with emphasis about raising thei kids to be independent.  

Jill laughed at the not having kids living at home when they’re 30. Interesting considering Jana. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Jill laughed at the not having kids living at home when they’re 30. Interesting considering Jana. 

Bit rude considering she only got out of the house because she got married. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, clueliss said:

That sounds like a dig at Jana to me. 

And I notice all of the options for their daughter has her married. I’ll hold my cheers until she can also be single, gay and an atheist. 

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 1

Maybe Jana was one of the ‘not very supportive’ family members? I’ve long thought Jana was more aligned to JB &M’s way of thinking than many of the other kids.

In the Instagram stories Derick is going through their swag from the post office box where strangers send them free stuff. They haven’t discarded all the Duggar principles it seems.

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 4

7 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I wonder if Jana has replaced Jill as favourite daughter, and as much as Jill has grown as a person, it brings out her less mature emotions.

• Upvote 8

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic