IGNORED

2020 Election Results 10: The End Credits on the 2020 Movie

Destiny

MSNBC is reporting Elaine Chao is resigning. So I guess the cabinet does not plan on voting about the 25th amendment at the moment, or does this make a vote more likely?

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:
  Reveal hidden contents

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6chickens.gif.eab2a2cfec8ba4a139b2de970875e499.gif

I'd really like to see a compilation of all the photos of fundie bros attending the insurrection, with names attached. 

Speaking of compilations, this article has a handy list of the elected traitors who need to be ‘fired’ when they next run for office. https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/7/22218285/twitter-facebook-trump-coup after all, revenge is a dish best served cold - Klingon proverb (& other sources.)

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

Just now, sndral said:

Speaking of compilations, this article has a handy list of the elected traitors who need to be ‘fired’ when they next run for office.  expelled from Congress asap.

FTFY.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, sndral said:

Speaking of compilations, this article has a handy list of the elected traitors who need to be ‘fired’ when they next run for office. https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/7/22218285/twitter-facebook-trump-coup after all, revenge is a dish best served cold - Klingon proverb (& other sources.)

Fucking hell, my congress critter is on that list. I already hated him, and now he can fuck himself sideways 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Back to Trump. Like @Xan, I can't help but speculate a little. Has anyone seen him after yesterday's rally? Or has he flown the coop once it became clear that the Capital coup was not going to stop Biden and Harris formally declared the winners of the election by Congress? I really wouldn't be surprised if he was (or will be) on Aglarov's plane when it left/leaves.

He called in to a Republican meeting being held in Florida this morning.  We haven't been told that he's left the White House so I guess he's still in there.  Of course, they won't tell us anything until they have to.  I think he might like to flee but I'm not sure he's capable of living without his golden toilets and his various golf resorts.

I think he thought that the coup might work.  He had to have some sort of back-up plan but, since he's not exactly a genius, I'm not sure he's organized enough to put it all in place.  I imagine Jared was probably tasked with that.

As to Chao:  I'm not surprised.  It's not as if she would vote to oust the president anyway.  Mitch can't risk pissing off the Republican voters by having his wife be part of it.  So, I don't think it will matter much one way or another unless they lose so many cabinet members that they can no longer get a majority.

• Upvote 9

147.  Here are their pictures.  (Thank You NYT).  And yup - my rep - Hartzler - is on there.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 14

35 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

No cord. And the mesh trick is done with everything being attached to a higher neckline, so we'd see that line (and I can usually spot the mesh, even when it looks like skin).

Ah, well. There are actually people who pay attention to these things and blog about her wardrobe (I googled) - maybe one of them will tell us, in time.

Now I'm fascinated.  Tiny boning or world's strongest interfacing?  I would have put money on mesh before your comments.  Body tape?  

• Upvote 6

Biden is pointing out the inequality in how BLM protesters were received in front of the Lincoln memorial versus how the traitorous  insurrectionists were received yesterday and saying had it been BLM protesters storming the Capitol yesterday, things would probably have gone very differently.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Elaine Chao resigned.

So I guess it's a no re: voting for the 25th.

Waiting for McConnell to step down. He lost the majority and pretty much everyone hates him 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 3

7 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Now I'm fascinated.  Tiny boning or world's strongest interfacing?  I would have put money on mesh before your comments.  Body tape?  

I PM'd this to @thoughtful, thinking it was too light-hearted to feel appropriate on the thread.  But since you ask: https://whatsjudywoodruffwearing.org/2020/08/25/631/

Panty hose!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

Isn't this the truth?

image.png.0a8345997540a5eb0623344a05ea399e.png

• Upvote 20
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 6

5 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I PM'd this to @thoughtful, thinking it was too light-hearted to feel appropriate on the thread.  But since you ask: https://whatsjudywoodruffwearing.org/2020/08/25/631/

Panty hose!

Thank you!

Yep, that's the mesh we're talking about.  Glad they caught an angle where it shows.  It's really tough to match skin tone well enough for it not to show more than hers did although a bit of makeup on the skin can really help it blend.  For skaters and other performers, they have even been known to paint makeup onto the mesh, but that's a lot riskier than blending the skin.

• Upvote 8

This is sad, especially given the law enforcement reaction yesterday:

image.png.cb16045862228e13761862ce6f311394.png

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 4
  • Sad 22

In French but even if you don't understand a word of French you can hear that Emmanuel Macron cares much more about America than Donald Trump does.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 3

Pelosi won't say how long they'll wait for Pence to respond on the 25th amendment, but said she expects him to respond quickly. She's thanking the capitol police but is calling for the head's resignation.

• Upvote 12

I am starting to wonder who in Congress even slept last night. Pelosi just said she didn’t (I thought she sounded a bit exhausted, that explained it).

Ted Cruz was probably too busy wanking so I guess we can count him out too.

• Upvote 10

Chao resigning now absolves her of responsibility for any 25A action. It’s an act of cowardice that may intentionally get Pence off the hook. Others will likely do the same. If Pence doesn’t have 8 cabinet members agreeing with him, then he can’t invoke 25A.  Remember, there are 3 acting cabinet members who likely won’t ‘count’ as one of the 8 needed. 

Mitch isn’t going to resign, tho. The turtle will finish out his term as long as he doesn’t break his shell.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 2

To those of you who are serious about invoking the 25th amendment to remove Dear Leader from office, here's a link to the members of Trump's cabinet.  https://ballotpedia.org/Donald_Trump_presidential_Cabinet

Please pick the majority that you think would go along with invoking the 25th amendment.  Take your time. I can wait. <twiddles thumbs and hums>

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3

Yesterday was not the last of it. I hope protection is better prepared on January 19.

• Upvote 2
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 10
  • Thank You 3

Would it be horrible of me to hope these idiots are greeted by a massive force response? 

• Upvote 12

51 minutes ago, Shrubbery said:

MSNBC is reporting Elaine Chao is resigning. So I guess the cabinet does not plan on voting about the 25th amendment at the moment, or does this make a vote more likely?

She's resigning, but not immediately, but on Monday. She can still be approving the 25'th during the weekend.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

So anyone know the chances of impeachment actually happening?

Impeachment is easy. It was done once. I assume you meant to say chances of the Senate removing him from office. That requires 66 senators with integrity and spines. So, zero:nil.

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I thought about it too. Pretty sad.

I guess that explains why they were not available to defend the Capitol building.

39 minutes ago, Shrubbery said:

Biden is pointing out the inequality in how BLM protesters were received in front of the Lincoln memorial versus how the traitorous  insurrectionists were received yesterday and saying had it been BLM protesters storming the Capitol yesterday, things would probably have gone very differently.

I hope one of his first actions in office is to pardon every BLM supporter who was charged for protesting peacefully last summer.

• Upvote 10

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic