IGNORED

2020 Election Results 10: The End Credits on the 2020 Movie

Destiny

6 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

To those of you who are serious about invoking the 25th amendment to remove Dear Leader from office, here's a link to the members of Trump's cabinet.  https://ballotpedia.org/Donald_Trump_presidential_Cabinet

Please pick the majority that you think would go along with invoking the 25th amendment.  Take your time. I can wait. <twiddles thumbs and hums>

Okay.  I'll give it a shot.

Mike Pompeo, Alex Azar, Wilbur Ross, Sonny Perdue, Eugene Scalia, Robert Wilkie, and Dan Broulilette.  I'm iffy on Christopher Miller.  He's a possible if one of the others votes no.

No chance that Betsy DeVos would vote yes.  Doubtful that Ben Carson or Steve Mnuchin would either.  Chao won't vote no.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

1 minute ago, Xan said:

Okay.  I'll give it a shot.

Mike Pompeo, Alex Azar, Wilbur Ross, Sonny Perdue, Eugene Scalia, Robert Wilkie, and Dan Broulilette.  I'm iffy on Christopher Miller.  He's a possible if one of the others votes no.

No chance that Betsy DeVos would vote yes.  Doubtful that Ben Carson or Steve Mnuchin would either.  Chao won't vote no.

Andrew Wheeler would be a yes. Pruitt would have been a  no

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I PM'd this to @thoughtful, thinking it was too light-hearted to feel appropriate on the thread.  But since you ask: https://whatsjudywoodruffwearing.org/2020/08/25/631/

Panty hose!

Sorry I didn't see that you PMed.

It does look like the texture is different from her flesh, in the second picture. But it really didn't show, in the hours and hours I was looking at her.

Also, I googled to see if I could find out more about Chao's reisgnation, and this seemed appropriate:

image.thumb.png.6c82c20e4777c90d37d10f60d2bfe50f.png

And, back to the serious stuff:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1346986230865481732

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

22 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Yesterday was not the last of it. I hope protection is better prepared on January 19.

I think it would make sense, both for violence as well as covid, to have the inauguration be entirely virtual (from the audience) and also held other than in WDC.  Definitely indoors but I think out of the area too.  Do it in Biden's living room (well, not really).  Do it at Camp David.  or Do it somewhere unexpected, indoors, unidentifiable by video.  Biden and Harris/Emhoff families, Chief Justice, whoever else the process actually requires in person.  All the other pomp and circumstance speeches and toasts can be done via video feed, or skipped, as appropriate in order to deliver the message that due both to both Trump as well as covid, this is not business as usual.

ETA:  side benefit -- rather than everyone wondering if Trump will attend -- he's not invited!  And further, he doesn't even know where it's being held!

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 18

7 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Pence may be too coward

Pence isn't the sharpest tool in the drawer.  I imagine he doesn't know how to process this.  He's probably bright enough, though, to realize that Trump was setting him up.  Failure could be blamed on Pence not stopping the vote.  

And Pence is aware that they knew he was in the building and didn't check on him or send extra help.  He might have felt targeted.  (Rightly so.  Some terrorists were overheard saying, "Find Pence.")  He knows he would have made a good martyr for Trump to use to declare martial law.

He's weighing all this against all those future board offers from Trump supporters.  Money vs. integrity.  I bet he'd choose money.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Do it somewhere unexpected, indoors, unidentifiable by video.

I hope they will do this. Based on past practice when campaigning, I like to think that Biden and Harris and their staff and advisors have the sense to be safe, rather than making a show of bravado.

15 minutes ago, Xan said:

No chance that Betsy DeVos would vote yes.  Doubtful that Ben Carson or Steve Mnuchin would either.

I agree, unless Trump has done something recently to piss off DeVos and/or Mnuchin. I think they also have that petty narcissistic streak that could trigger a "so there!" reaction.

I don't see either of them doing it for a little thing like saving the country and possibly the world, though. :roll:

I think Carson is spineless and clueless.

• I Agree 11

It might be like rolling dice, tbh. Maybe they think if they vote against him now, people forget everything that happened before? Not going to happen, but if they don't, nobody will forget that either!

• Upvote 6

Well - so if you give legit advice and don't suck up -  you get banned.

And we have an Illinois Freshman Congresswoman quoting Hitler.

• WTF 7
  • Thank You 7

A senator shows us his trashed office, and the scat trail of people who are a mix of dangerous traitors, petty thieves, and big babies showing off how they got into the principal's office.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 9

Trump filed to voluntarily dismiss a case but he lied to the court because of course he did

thread

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 8

35 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Do it somewhere unexpected, indoors, unidentifiable by video. 

You know, on Zoom, you can feature a different background. Joe should have his background be Mar-a-Loco or Twitler Tower in NYC. That would upset the mango manboy.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 14

Cabinet: Miller, Rosen and Wolf are acting.

Re: 25th amendment. They may be debating whether acting cabinet members have the power to vote on the 25th. If they vote they have to send it to congress and the president can file an objection. If the president files that objection, the cabinet has to vote again and the Congress has to pass it within 21 days with a 2/3 vote. Vice President would be acting president during that period.

Impeachment requires a 2/3 vote in the Senate. Right now, that 2/3 is not certain.

25th might be the best option to get Trump out of action if McConnell drags his heels and the 21 days pass without that vote.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

Graham gets halfway there, stalls:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/533205-graham-trumps-legacy-tarnished-but-not-supportive-yet-of-25th-amendment

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Thursday warned that President Trump's legacy was undercut after rioters supportive of challenging the election results breached the Capitol on Wednesday, he added that he wasn't supportive of "at this point" of invoking the 25th Amendment to remove the president from office.

• Upvote 6

Helpful info on the 25th Amendment:

• Thank You 10

2 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Has anyone heard from Stephen Miller?

He's plotting coups on babysitting duty. 

kuva.thumb.png.d96acb19c3e8d9a789fc295aa4dfb53a.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

5 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Has anyone heard from Stephen Miller?

According to the WaPo, he's still hanging in with Twitler.

People who interacted with Trump on Wednesday said they found him in a fragile and volatile state. He spent the afternoon and evening cocooned at the White House and listening only to a small coterie of loyal aides — including Meadows, deputy chief of staff Dan Scavino, personnel director Johnny McEntee and policy adviser Stephen Miller. Many of his top confidants — Meadows, son-in-law Jared Kushner and first lady Melania Trump, among others — were publicly silent.

“He’s got a bunker mentality now, he really does,” the close adviser said.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

Reportedly someone had 11 Molotov cocktails at the insurrection.

The name Baked Alaska sounds familiar but I don't remember where. Probably because he said or did some bigoted shit.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/07/streamer-baked-alaska-stormed-capitol-with-covid-19

Anyway, he was out there rioting maskless while COVID positive.

Because of course.

• Angry 2
  • Disgust 5
  • WTF 5

Has anyone seen ANYTHING out of the exec branch today, other than that shitty statement from Scavino? 

• Upvote 6

48 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

You know, on Zoom, you can feature a different background. Joe should have his background be Mar-a-Loco or Twitler Tower in NYC. That would upset the mango manboy.

Yes I am very familiar with that.  I have fun with the backgrounds when I'm doing Zoom.  I don't have a problem with people seeing the sleeping chambers or the office but it's just more fun to use virtual backgrounds.  One time early on in the pandemic I used this as my background when attending virtual church services on a Sunday morning.

zoomers.thumb.png.02b37dcc106934cc82e3620cdf3dc65b.png

And I think that was the Sunday the pastor took a screenshot of all the Brady Bunch squares and posted that on the church facebook page. 

25 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

According to the WaPo, he's still hanging in with Twitler.

If he's at the Trümperbunker stage of his Presidency I wonder if he's at this point yet?

And if he's going the same as his hero.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

They're going to hide at Camp David this weekend, as per anonymous WH official. 

https://www.gpb.org/news/2021/01/07/trump-campaign-drops-all-georgia-election-challenges

But in a filing by the state, special attorney general Chris Anulewicz told the court any claims of a settlement agreement were false and Hilbert appeared to violate Georgia Rules of Professional Conduct.

"Without notifying Defendants' counsel, Plaintiff and his litigation counsel participated in a phone conference with Defendant Raffensperger on Saturday, January 2, 2020," he wrote. "The participation of counsel for Plaintiff in that call appears to be in violation of the Georgia Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 4.2, as Plaintiff’s counsel neither notified litigation counsel for Defendant Raffensperger nor sought nor obtained consent to conduct or participate in a conversation with Defendant Raffensperger." 

• Disgust 1
  • Thank You 8

4 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

They're going to hide at Camp David this weekend, as per anonymous WH official. 

I really hope they don't trash it as their parting gift. :pb_sad:

• I Agree 11
  • Thank You 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic