IGNORED

Russians: Now Using Poison Underpants

clueliss

Interesting development, if true.

Love this. 🚣‍♂️

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 9

How long will Russian soldiers continue to fight?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 11

12 hours ago, fraurosena said:

It’s being said that the Russian invasion isn’t going as fast as Putin had planned. The Ukrainian unity of not only all politicians but the whole country, and Zelenskyy turning into an unbelievable hero and not simply being a Trump-like entertainer with grand ideas of being a president, is not what Putin had counted on when he attacked. The Ukrainian resistance, the people getting behind the rallying cry of “Slava Ukrainia!” has completely taken him by surprise, but  I don’t think in his wildest dreams he anticipated this:

That video is massively edited. The whole context is gone.

Conclusion is that he thinks the invasion goes to slow. He would like to spread soldiers wider into Ukrainian territory. He is in full support of Putin decision. He indeed said "they don't want to fight against Ukraine and Ukraininas" but "against Banderites, devils, renegades". 

By " renegades" he meant Dudayev battallion fighting against Russian aggression from the beginning.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 11

5 minutes ago, fish_ca said:

Has Vindman misunderstood the video of the Chechen leader?

• Upvote 2

Spoiler

This one is big IF the Swiss do it.

No pity for any of the rich Russians losing their villas and anything else. 

This will help too.

One more for now. Sweden, SWEDEN, is sending supplies to the Ukraine.

Spoiler

Edited by WiseGirl
Add text
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

3 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Has Vindman misunderstood the video of the Chechen leader?

Yes. He probably had the edited one. 

Kadyrov is not going home. His guys has been seen quite deep into Ukraine. 

Let me know if you can access the link. Hoepfully I will find something better.

https://www.ukrinform.net/amp/rubric-ato/3414341-russian-invasion-update-ukrainian-military-destroy-kadyrov-forces-unit-near-hostomel.html

Right now I have only polish version explaining what happend that people misunderstood Kadyrov. 

Chechenya and Kadyrov-Kremlin relation is complex. Lots of money fled to Chechenya. Kadyrov was also given some "freedom" In creating his own enclave.

I can't promise but I want to come to that topic.

• Thank You 8

Good to see that Belarus isn't getting off scot free for aiding and abetting Putin's invasion of Ukraine. Now for some action from the EU, US, NATO and others, puttingsanctions on Belarus as well. 

I spoke too soon. The EU is sanctioning Lukashenko.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

Dear fellow Freejingers, I know you know but I am going to say it anyway.

Be very careful what you read, what source it is, who confirmed it, etc. The digital war is also happening. Fake pages, fake accounts, news, comments. The scale is staggering not seen before in such force and number here.

Example: Klitshko just denided Kiev is under siege and evacuation is impossible. Trolls cloned his facebook account to spread such information. It has been also repeated by UA media (Telegram).

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 14

Russian convoy is approaching Kiev. Hundreds of vehicles. Reuters and Maxar.

It is going to be very hard night.

IMG_20220227_224150.thumb.jpg.9b41794d3c4cd4e732554a8dda6a10a5.jpg

• Sad 5
  • Thank You 5

A Georgian oil tanker told a Russian ship to go fornicate itself

• Upvote 6

Russian people aren’t taking it anymore, it seems.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, fish_ca said:

Be very careful what you read, what source it is, who confirmed it, etc. The digital war is also happening. Fake pages, fake accounts, news, comments. The scale is staggering not seen before in such force and number here.

Also, and I don't know if this is related, be careful where you click.  Don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but my junk mail folder over the past few days has had an increased number of garbage emails asking me for confirmation of some BS or offering me loyalty rewards for I don't know what tf.  I'm older and phishing scams and the like sometimes come to me in spurts, but I'm suspicious of the timing and quantity of them.

It's never a good time to have one's computer hacked, but now would be especially counterproductive and annoying, especially if the intention is to find conduits for bad propoganda.

• Thank You 10

Veto sets up Belarus for nuclear weapons, from the BBC

"A vote in Belarus has cleared the way for the former Soviet state and current Kremlin ally to get nuclear weapons for the first time since the country gained independence in 1990.

A referendum taken on Sunday approved plans for Belarus to adopt a new constitution that takes out its current non-nuclear status.

The move has serious implications for proliferation, and potentially makes Belarus a staging zone for the Russian assault on Ukraine."

This news genuinely scares me. Any politically savvy FJers wanna come and break down the implications of this ELI5 style? Is this non-news? Or is this actually concerning?

Edited by meep
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

1 hour ago, meep said:

This news genuinely scares me. Any politically savvy FJers wanna come and break down the implications of this ELI5 style? Is this non-news? Or is this actually concerning?

I don't consider myself politically savvy, but the terms "nuclear weapons" and "Kremlin ally" along with a referendum cementing Lukashenko's time in office until 2035 appears pretty concerning to me.  Perhaps there's an element of fear-mongering but, under the circumstances, I don't see how it can be taken lightly.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

Ursula von der Leyden has said Ukraine can become a member of the EU: “They belong with us,” she said.

This news is from two reputable Dutch news sites, but I’ll try and find an English language one for you.

• Upvote 7

As a college student in the early/mid-80s, I was worried about nuclear war. I went to peace conferences, wore buttons that said things like "arms are for embracing" and "no nukes," and cohosted a viewing and discussion of The Day After. I thought we weren't being fair in our views of the Soviets. 

Over time I stopped thinking so much about it. Then we saw the end of the cold war and the dissolution of the USSR and I breathed a sigh of relief that I didn't have to worry about it anymore .

I have to say that when I read the news this morning about nuclear weapons being part of the plan Putin activated, that old fear rushed right back in and was magnified. Any man who willing sends a bunch of untrained kids to be disposable targets is not going to have any concern about the health and ecological implications of a nuclear weapon. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11

Can’t find images of the interview von der Leyden gave to Euronews, but here’s Zelenskyy himself confirming he spoke with her about it:

• Upvote 7

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic