IGNORED

Russians: Now Using Poison Underpants

clueliss

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

Any idea why they moved to the middle of farming country vs. a more diverse urban area where acclimating might be easier?

No clue. Unfortunately, their English isn't good enough to have much conversation beyond saying hello to each other and I don't speak Ukrainian. Housing costs are very low here, and that sometimes brings folks to town. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

9 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Jesus Fucking Christ.  Grow a fucking spine already EU leaders

Fuck this noise.  Ban the Russians from SWIFT before that stick of fuck in Moscow decides to cut a swath across Europe. 

Some context is needed, although I do agree he should be banned from Swift.

I’m no financial expert but apparently banning Russia will also adversely affect the other banks using Swift. It’s a very drastic measure and there are far-reaching consequences.

The news here is saying that the EU agreed unanimously within in the space of an hour (!!!) to put the most hardhitting sanctions in place that they have ever done before. Exactly what they are will be made known in a statement later this morning.

Meanwhile Russia has started bombing Kyiv with ballistic missiles… 

• Upvote 5

We should not paint all Russians with Putin’s brush. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 8

Why is Putin doing this? Here’s his plan:

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 4

Russian's have now reached northern Kyiv.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

Powerful. Take the time to watch. He's speaking in Russian, but it's subtitled.

• Sad 1
  • Thank You 10

9 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Powerful. Take the time to watch. He's speaking in Russian, but it's subtitled.

Very powerful, very true.

If you want follow current situation there is @nexta_tv on Twitter "The largest Eastern European media".

• Thank You 6

28 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Since yesterday first refugees have entered polish territory. Today it is confirmed that many of them are mothers with children and it happens often that men are not allowed by Ukraininas to cross the border. There is general mobilisation in Ukraine so they have to turn back.

It was estimated some time ago that in Poland we might expect ca. 1 mln refugees. Now they say it can be even 5 mln. 

Entry is not conditional on the usual EU requirements. Children can cross the border even without papers.

Edited by fish_ca
To remove double post
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Story of Ukrainian guy how he got to Poland

IMG_20220225_113736.jpg

IMG_20220225_113754.jpg

IMG_20220225_113806.jpgdiv widgetdiv widgetdiv widget

IMG_20220225_113843.jpg

IMG_20220225_113857.jpg

Edited by fish_ca
Sorry, failed to mark a photo as a spoiler
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 13

We don't have links but apparently there are reports coming out that there's rising radiation levels in the Chernobyl area.

• Thank You 8

26 minutes ago, clueliss said:

We don't have links but apparently there are reports coming out that there's rising radiation levels in the Chernobyl area.

That's true. I will find a link and post it when I get home.

• Thank You 6

"A spokesperson for the Russian foreign ministry has warned that the accession of either Finland or Sweden to the defence alliance Nato would spark a serious response from Moscow.

Speaking during a news briefing in Moscow, Maria Zakharova threatened if either Nordic country sought to join the security alliance it "would have serious military and political consequences that would require our country to take reciprocal steps", Russian news agencies reported.

"We regard the Finnish government’s commitment to a military non-alignment policy as an important factor in ensuring security and stability in northern Europe," Zakharova said."

BBC Link

I don't know if this is a threat, or any type of deal at all. Just an interesting bit considering what's going on in Ukraine. It notes Finland didn't really intend on joining NATO anyways so why even say it? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

That sounds like something fuck face would have done here if given the opportunity

Russian authorities on Friday announced the “partial restriction” of access to Facebook after the social media network banned the accounts of several Kremlin-backed media over Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine.

Russian state communications watchdog Roskomnadzor said Friday it demanded that Facebook lift the bans it placed Thursday on state news agency RIA Novosti, state TV channel Zvezda, and pro-Kremlin news sites Lenta and Gazeta. The agency said Facebook didn’t reinstate the media outlets.

Of course zuckbook needs to step up its game and back Fucker Carlson and his fellow propagandists from FB.

• Upvote 4

Edited to remove tweet.

Sorry, I forgot to refresh the first page and didn't see that @fraurosena had already posted the speech on this page. :embarrassed:

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Upvote 3

NATO says it will active the NATO Response Force for the first time. 

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-news-02-25-22/index.html <-- I can't link exact blurb but it's just been reported there. 

"NATO Supreme Allied Commander Gen. Tod Wolters activated the multinational force consisting of land, air, sea and special operations forces from the allies that can deploy quickly in support of the NATO alliance.

The activation of the response troops does not mean that any US or NATO troops will go into Ukraine, which is not a member of the alliance. US President Joe Biden has been clear that US troops are deploying to eastern Europe to help bolster NATO countries nervous about Russia's aggressive actions, and they will not be fighting in Ukraine.

Wolters called it a "historic moment" in his statement.

"They represent a flexible, combat credible force that can be employed in multiple ways and we are utilizing fully their inherent agility,” he added. “These deterrence measures are prudent and enhance our speed, responsiveness and capability to shield and protect the one billion citizens we swore to protect.”

The force has not yet deployed but are on standby."

• Thank You 13

I'm stressed here in the US and am sure it isn't the smallest fraction of what people in Europe are now feeling.  I'm just one little voice here but am sending you wishes for comfort and strength.  May what's good and right prevail.

• I Agree 8
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 4

I am terrified and seriously shocked. I went shopping for hygenic items for women and children and as well for formula. I've got desinfectants, dressing aterials, painkillers.

I will drop it off at the assembly point on Monday. Part of them will distributed here among refugees, some of the stuff will go directly to Ukraine.

My family in different city is expecting relatives (mother and 7 y.o. daughter). They have a bus tommorow after 11 p.m. We all hope they will make it to the border. Then they will be safe. My uncle will pick them up there. Dear Fjers please pray or keep fingers crossed.

• Love 29

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic